Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
5a49

Sun Comimg Back For Imam Ali

Rate this topic

Ok so here is how it is.

I believe the sun would come back for Imam Ali.

But the reasons aren't convincing me. I read many Hadiths that have nothing to do with each other on the reason why Imam Ali was asleep and didnt wake up or was at war or or or, but nothing convinces me that Imam Ali ibn Abi Taleb, Haydar al Karrar, Abou Tourab, just missed a prayer.

So any one knows what scholars say or explanations?

I don't know about the authenticity of this miracle, but the reason was that the Prophet (pbuh) was receiving divine revelation while resting on Imam Ali (as)'s lap, and the Imam didn't want to move for fear of disturbing the Prophet (pbuh). Instead he prayed while sitting in that position, but the Prophet (pbuh) asked Allah (swt) to send the sun back anyway for him to be able to pray normally.

It also apparently happened again during one of Imam `Ali (as)'s military expeditions, and he asked Allah (swt) to send back the sun for some of his followers who missed prayer time.

Neither strikes me as an especially convincing reason for such a miracle, particularly the second one, but Allah knows best.

Theirs never been any record of the sun "coming back" by any of the present civilizations though....

If it did happen, then it was probably an optical illusion of some sort, just so from the point of view of those that saw it, the sun was where it needed to be.

Imam Ali (as) is the imam of all living and non living, every atom to every star. y is the occurrence so surprising and indigestable for the followers of the great Ali (as).. underestimating the status of the greatest among all Imams (as) might be a borderline sin ..

Imam Ali (as) is the imam of all living and non living, every atom to every star. y is the occurrence so surprising and indigestable for the followers of the great Ali (as).. underestimating the status of the greatest among all Imams (as) might be a borderline sin ..

You do realise that it was Allah (swt) who supposedly brought the sun back, right? Not Imam Ali (as).

(salam)

(bismillah)

al-Majlisi compiled all the hadeeth regarding the returning of the sun as one of the miracles of Imam `Ale (as). Please refer to al-Majlisi's Bihaar al-Anwaar, vol. 41, ch. 109 - Returning the Sun for him, pg 166-191.

`Aasif al-Muhsini, who has graded every hadeeth in Bihaar al-Anwaar, in his Mashra`ah Bihaar al-Anwaar, he doesn't reject this miracle, but he says the details of these events contradict each other, the reasons for him returning the sun contradict each other, also the number of times the sun returned for Imaam `Alee (as) differs. (See: `Aasif al-Muhsini, Mashra`ah Bihaar al-Anwaar, 2 vols., (Beirut: Mu’assasah al-`Ārif lil-Maṭbū`āt, 2nd, 1426/2005), vol. 2, pg. 121-122).

By looking at all the chains in the chapter, I do not find any chains that have a Authentic sanad. And Allaah Knows Best.

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri

You do realise that it was Allah (swt) who supposedly brought the sun back, right? Not Imam Ali (as).

obviously it would not occur without the will of the Almighty, however its an insignificant and unimportant event for Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. a nonissue for the Omnipotent. however if you doubt that the sun was and is in subordination to the Imam e waqt (as), then there is a lack in the understanding of the concept.

obviously it would not occur without the will of the Almighty, however its an insignificant and unimportant event for Allah سبحانه وتعالى. a nonissue for the Omnipotent. however if you doubt that the sun was and is in subordination to the Imam e waqt (as), then there is a lack in the understanding of the concept.

Ofcourse it is insignificant to Allah swt. Everything is from prophets, planets, the existence of this universe in whole is nothing to Allah swt. But their are rules of the universe which law created and everything follows. If Imam Ali is infallible then no way can he miss a prayer for any reason. He would pray during a battlefield thus what would stop him from speaking to his Lord? I personally their we have way more evidence as to Imam Ali as not missing any prayers than for the sun coming back. If Imam Ali as asked Allah swt for the Sun to come back, its extremely possible for Allah swt to have granted his most pious servant that request but I just don't see our Imam missing any prayer... On top of all that he was one of the best prayers.

But think about it, even the sun coming back..what happened to the whole solar system...it means some places in the world went from night to day, and some from night to day..

Like I said, if it did happen (which isn't guaranteed), then it was probably some kind of local optical illusion.

Like I said, if it did happen (which isn't guaranteed), then it was probably some kind of local optical illusion.

Coming from you HH this is truly priceless. Conjecture? Never .....

ALI

But their are rules of the universe which law created and everything follows.

every time Allah (swt) intervenes with His (swt) own CREATED LAWS, you see what is perceived and known as a “miracle”. otherwise the Laws keep implementing themselves uninterruptably…..

also don’t forget that in the most famous such occurrence there is present even a greater holy personality ie. the leader of all the pure Messengers ( (pbuh), who is “loved” by no less than The Almighty Allah (swt) Himself. what can the poor Created Laws do under the circumstances? these cousins (pbuh) (as) were probably watching over when these LAWS were being drafted somewhere … dear, the picture is bigger than u can c.

If Imam Ali is infallible then no way can he miss a prayer for any reason.

so he (as) Didn't, or would u say he (as) Did. ! subhanAllah. the whole universe conspired to the effect that he (as) wouldn't miss his (as) prayers.