Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Wife Of Certain Ethnicity

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salaam,

I'm a young guy, not ready to get married right now. Maybe in the next four to six years. But, I'm Iranian and have always been attracted ESPECIALLY to women of two races: Iranian and Far Eastern (aka Korean, Japanese). I'm Shia, and I realise the Shia community in these countries are small, but I have two questions.

1. Is it wrong of my to want my wife to be a certain ethnicity? I mean I should be attracted to my wife right?

2. How would I find Shia in those countries (Korea & Japan) if I decided I want to marry someone of that ethnicity?

Wassalaam

• Advanced Member

If you're Iranian, and you're particularly attracted to Iranian women (not surprising btw), then just marry an Iranian woman. The Muslim communities in Japan and Korea are tiny, and the Shia Muslim communities are even tinier. Although there is a Japanese alim, Ibrahim Sawada. The chances of your finding a shia Japanese or Korean is almost zero, if you really want to marry one of them you'll have to date one of them then convert her before marriage.

• Veteran Member

Yeah, I would imagine the chances of finding a Japanese or South Korean Shia girl would be very slim. And even if you found one, what are the chances you would necessarily find her to be good marriage material, or even attractive? I'm guessing you aren't attracted to all Oriental women. So if you did want to marry one, you would need her to convert, which would be tricky. There is nothing wrong with wanting to marry someone of a particular race. It's personal preference after all (the problem is when people start telling others which races they can and can't marry). However, given that you are attracted to Iranian women, and there is a huge Iranian Shia population, then I would think that would be a more logical route to take in order to find a suitable wife.

• Advanced Member

There are 100 million Muslims in China and a fair share are Shia. You can meet some of them on the Singlemuslim.com or SimplyShia.com websites. I know that China is not Korea or Japan, but the women there are very beautiful and nice and the chances of meeting one your age and with similar interest increases significantly.

And no, there is nothing wrong with being attracted to women of other races, as long you understand that they are still just women.

Edited by shiaaliibrahim
  • Advanced Member

my personal opinion would be to marry someone who is a good muslim shia lady and who can raise your children to be the same regardless of ethnicity. :) If you can find this quality within the certain ethnicity your looking for than its a bonus

• 6 months later...
  • Veteran Member

Are you sure about this? Wouldn't this be as bad as not wanting to marry someone of a race, or in other words being racist?

No, I don't think the reverse apply.

People usually marry into cultural values they are most familiar with, for easy transition and understanding between the couple and new families. Most people marry into their own even if they have a choice of marrying outside.

It's often not the race/ethnicity but culture/language that plays the determining role.

No, I don't think the reverse apply.

People usually marry into cultural values they are most familiar with, for easy transition and understanding between the couple and new families. Most people marry into their own even if they have a choice of marrying outside.

It's often not the race/ethnicity but culture/language that plays the determining role.

I do see that point of view, I'm not saying it's wrong - but why is a preference of a particular race not the same as a preference against a race?

• Veteran Member

is it me or its really hard to differentiate japenese/chinese/korean people?

Nah, it's just you :P

I do see that point of view, I'm not saying it's wrong - but why is a preference of a particular race not the same as a preference against a race?

I think you are allowed to have preference for your own race in matters of marriage but I guess if you have a preference for a race/ethnicity different from yours then it might be the same as having a preference against a race?

Edited by Marbles
  • Veteran Member

Nah, it's just you :P

I think you are allowed to have preference for your own race in matters of marriage but I guess if you have a preference for a race/ethnicity different from yours than it might be the same as having a preference against a race?

but all chinese looks like same.

and its hard to identify their gender too :P

It's slightly superficial to say you are attracted to a specific race.

I don't know of any women who would be happy to get marry to a man because of his/her race.

Yeah and even looking at it superficially, you will find that you're physically attracted to some in your chosen race and not others. So your criteria might actually simply be beauty (which isn't necessarily a sin).

• Veteran Member

I know of an iraqi shia married to a korean.

And I know of a Punjabi Pakistani married to a lady from Barbados.

I thought such exotic unions existed only in imagination. I was wrong.

Edited by Marbles
  • 4 weeks later...