Sign in to follow this  
fightingsoul001

Sexuality In Islam

Rate this topic

Sexuality is not forbidden in islam in legal way. Infact it is encouraged.

What are the factors that lead people to control that desires, where it is halal and encouraged.

Why do almost every muslim control such legal desires.

Does not it too come into definition of zulm?

Edited by fightingsoul001

Zulm Al'nafs, as in the oppression of the soul? No, that's by sinning... Not by trying to control one's self... That's doing whatever you want how ever you want, you're only diving in the "Animal state", pursuing desires and giving into them whenever there's a chance...

What you mean is Tarweed Al'nafs... Taming the soul... That's the bigger Jihad... To do what we can do within the set boundaries only.

Sexuality is not forbidden in islam in legal way. Infact it is encouraged.

What are the factors that lead people to control that desires, where it is halal and encouraged.

Why do almost every muslim control such legal desires.

Does not it too come into definition of zulm?

What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example?

What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example?

Like Eating meat is halal in islam. If we are controlling this temptation for a very Long time. Is not it consider to be a zulm if you salivate for pork instead of consuming halal meat. because our body is meant to consume protein by nature. It is zulm against your own body.

Body is our first station and nearest where you can do ahsan and zulm. If we are not good with ourselves how can we be good with others. Body is not meant to resist certain things which are lawful.

We Muslims are a Group of people who make lawful things unlawful for themselves. Sexuality is depicted in whole world in similar sense. There are lot more frustrated people living among Muslims than anywhere else.

My question is very simple what situations leads people to choose to control these temptations instead of acting on Quran and live freely.

Guest Zahratul_Islam

Like Eating meat is halal in islam. If we are controlling this temptation for a very Long time. Is not it consider to be a zulm because our body is meant to consume protein by nature. It is zulm against your own body.

Body is our first station and nearest where you can do ahsan and zulm. If we are not good with ourselves how can we be good with others. Body is not meant to resist certain things which are lawful.

We Muslims are a Group of people who make lawful things unlawful for themselves. Sexuality is depicted in whole world in similar sense. There are lot more frustrated people living among Muslims than anywhere else.

My question is very simple what situations leads people to choose to control these temptations instead of acting on Quran and live freely.

You are being extremely vague and ambiguous about the topic. It is really quite simple. Islam allows temporary and permanent marriage. Within the boundaries of both of those institutions you can feel free to express your "sexuality."

I am assuming that since you used the term "frustrated" that sexuality is just being used as an expression of sexual release? Sexuality can mean a lot of different things. It might be an expression of sexuality for a woman to take extra care of her body, figure, hair, skin, etc. That type of activity isn't prohibited outside the realm of marriage in Islam.

This whole thing seems rather hippie-ish to me.

Edited by Zahratul_Islam

Guest Zahratul_Islam

^ This

Sounds like someone wants some Islamic free love

LOOL. :lol: Best visual in the world. They can salvage the long beards and long, free flowing garments of the 60's.

Edited by Zahratul_Islam

My question is very simple I don't know why some of you cant understand it.

Are marriages forbidden in Islam? If not why our youth chose to go for controlling themselves instead of marrying and live free life.

What are factors which discourage marriages? What are our fears about marriages?

My question is very simple I don't know why some of you cant understand it.

Are marriages forbidden in Islam? If not why our youth chose to go for controlling themselves instead of marrying and live free life.

What are factors which discourage marriages? What are our fears about marriages?

Because marriage is tough business, dude.

Fathers aren't willing to let their daughters marry guys who aren't bringing in any paper, and guys are worried that they aren't bringing in enough paper to support a wife and kids.

This is a modern society. We don't just go to a wilderness, build a house from clay, plant some seeds, and eat what comes out. There's a whole load of stupid c.rap we have to do before we are able to independently feed ourselves.

Guest Zahratul_Islam

Edited by Zahratul_Islam

Because marriage is tough business, dude.

Fathers aren't willing to let their daughters marry guys who aren't bringing in any paper, and guys are worried that they aren't bringing in enough paper to support a wife and kids.

This is a modern society. We don't just go to a wilderness, build a house from clay, plant some seeds, and eat what comes out. There's a whole load of stupid c.rap we have to do before we are able to independently feed ourselves.

If it is money that is bothering then how can it take more money to live with a wife than living with sisters.

If fathers are against it. How can a Muslim father be against it. I mean what are the reasons?

Why have we made a big deal out of marriages?

Modern capitalistic society is not one that caters to young marriage.

Don't blame the daddy for not wanting his girl to starve. LoL!

Modern capitalistic society is not one that caters to young marriage.

Don't blame the daddy for not wanting his girl to starve. LoL!

If this is the case why every Muslim daddy wish for karbala and zahoor e Imam Mehdi (as).

If we can't do this much how would we stop prosecution of our final Imam (as) with this much dedication to Islam.

There is no wonder Imam Mehdi is still in occultation, and better be remain in occultation because we Muslims can talk too much but we don't mean to act on them, if this is the case.

And by the way no female starve due to marriage, these are all just excuses.

If this is the case why every Muslim daddy wish for karbala and zahoor e Imam Mehdi (as).

If we can't do this much how would we stop prosecution of our final Imam (as) with this much dedication to Islam.

There is no wonder Imam Mehdi is still in occultation, and better be remain in occultation because we Muslims can talk too much and cant act on them.

very relevant, I suppose,

There is no wonder Imam Mehdi is still in occultation, and better be remain in occultation because we Muslims can talk too much and cant act on them.

Calm down, sparky. I'm pretty sure the Imam wouldn't reappear if Muslim fathers started letting you "express your sexuality" with their daughters.

Look around you. Nobody is following Islam. They justs follow the bits that fit in with their culture. If their culture doesn't make them do something, they don't do it. Nothing illustrates that better than the behaviour of Muslim parents in regard to marriage. You can hardly find anything Islamic in it at all.

Look around you. Nobody is following Islam. They justs follow the bits that fit in with their culture. If their culture doesn't make them do something, they don't do it. Nothing illustrates that better than the behaviour of Muslim parents in regard to marriage. You can hardly find anything Islamic in it at all.

I think everybody should just calm the H down for a moment, and look at it from their perspective.

They don't know who you are.

You are eating your father's bread, and/or working a c.rap low-paying job that's not enough to feed yourself let alone others.

They know you've been sexually repressed all your life and have probably taken to internet discussion boards to discuss this.

What do you have that makes them say, "Yeah, here you go. Here's my daughter Have fun." ?

I've been on the losing end of this equation before, and most of the males on this site probably have as well. That shouldn't cloud your judgement and make you not see reality. Maybe in your mind you are the perfect momin -- and who knows, you may very well be (although certainly not everyone who thinks they are, actually is), but all the parents know is what they see. And they don't see anything that reassures them. Just some stranger whose intentions are unknown; all that is known, is that he is eager to please himself. That's the ONLY thing the parents know with certainty. And you expect them to give their daughter based on this?

I'm not saying the families are always right. Just saying they shouldn't be blamed for everything. Not every guy they reject is in the right. They're not all perfect momineen; a lot of them are just bums ("wastemans," for you Britons).

I think everybody should just calm the H down for a moment, and look at it from their perspective.

They don't know who you are.

You are eating your father's bread, and/or working a c.rap low-paying job that's not enough to feed yourself let alone others.

They know you've been sexually repressed all your life and have probably taken to internet discussion boards to discuss this.

What do you have that makes them say, "Yeah, here you go. Here's my daughter Have fun." ?

I've been on the losing end of this equation before, and most of the males on this site probably have as well. That shouldn't cloud your judgement and make you not see reality. Maybe in your mind you are the perfect momin -- and who knows, you may very well be (although certainly not everyone who thinks they are, actually is), but all the parents know is what they see. And they don't see anything that reassures them. Just some stranger whose intentions are unknown; all that is known, is that he is eager to please himself. That's the ONLY thing the parents know with certainty. And you expect them to give their daughter based on this?

I'm not saying the families are always right. Just saying they shouldn't be blamed for everything. Not every guy they reject is in the right. They're not all perfect momineen; a lot of them are just bums ("wastemans," for you Britons).

We are not talking about qualities of a worthy husband here. Marriage is legal for everyone whether he is worthy or unworthy lad or a female.

Islamically marriages have positive results for both worthy and unworthy male or female.