Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Have You Watched Recently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(bismillah) (salam) The Caravan of Pride (Mawkeb-ul Abaa) is an eye-opening movie which skilfully portrays the heart wrenching series of events that unfolded after the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as)

Ahlulbayt TV -_-

Posted Images

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

Black Crows

It's a fictional Netflix show about people who join ISIS & regret it, it starts off slow at first but then gets really good. There is a character named Abu Omar, an old man, who travels to ISIS territory looking for his daughter and in a series of internal monologues; his character explains how ISIS has nothing to do with Islam. He's my favorite

Last night I watched an older show called "The Naked Archaeologist"

It's a dude who goes around and researches biblical archaeology without doing any digs by talking to people in the areas and using the Bible's own words to sus out locations of old testament sites.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2020 at 7:52 PM, Abdul-Hadi said:

Last night I watched an older show called "The Naked Archaeologist"

It's a dude who goes around and researches biblical archaeology without doing any digs by talking to people in the areas and using the Bible's own words to sus out locations of old testament sites.

Well at least he isn't going around and digging things up and if whatever he found he destroyed because it didn't fit his ideas of what he should find -like the lsraelis do- then he only a clown.

Edited by hasanhh
spelin'
11 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Well at least he isn't going around and digging things up and if whatever he found he destroyed because it didn't fit his ideas of what he should find -like the lsraelis do- then he only a clown.

Please tell me that the Israelis aren't destroying archaeology that doesn't fit the myth of their nation & the old testament rather than giving it to museums.

They're no better than IS if that's what they're doing.

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, Abdul-Hadi said:

Please tell me that the Israelis aren't destroying archaeology that doesn't fit the myth of their nation & the old testament rather than giving it to museums.

They're no better than IS if that's what they're doing.

Yep . . . l first heard archaeology was politicized in the 90s with Kennewick Man (1996) when someone told me this; and l read an article on destruction of artifacts in lsrael last Winter.

• Advanced Member

Wildlife documentaries are subhanallah. always amazing, alhamdulillah always. Allah((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى))'s creations. alhamdulillah

alhamdulillah

alhamdulillah

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators

Amazing drama, going on for an epic. In Korean with English subtitles. True story about the Korean king being caught up in the Ming & Qing squabbles, but skilfully told so the historical context just becomes a backdrop and you focus on the personalities.

No women. Safe for family viewing. Just the odd beheading.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Advanced Member

I watched the magnificent miniseries "North and South" (2004)

It is family-friendly viewing, with nothing inappropriate. It is very famous in the UK for the terrific story, social commentary, elements of romance and suspense. I highly recommend

Posted (edited)

Video [1/8]: Trailer: A Look at the Life and Works of Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Qadhi (English Sub)

https://en.abna24.com/news//video-1-trailer-a-look-at-the-life-and-works-of-ayatollah-sayyid-ali-qadhi-english-subtitle_1062985.html

August 16, 2020 - 8:43 AM News Code : 1062985 Source : ABNA24Link:   

Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Qadhi was one of the greatest scholars of Islam. He was the teacher of Allamah Tabatabai and Ayatollah Bahjat, as well as many other renowned scholars. This inspiring and informative docuseries includes 8 episodes and details many beautiful lessons and stories. Make sure to watch and benefit from this treasured role model of Islam.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I have just started watching an Iranian serial called Kimia/Kemiya on ShiaTV.net. I picked it up randomly on a whim as a means to improve my auditory comprehension of the Persian language which I'm currently learning.

Here's the short synopsis I found for it:

"The TV series is based on the screenplay by M. Bethany made, with a focus on the life of a young lady by the name of “alchemy” with Mehraveh Sharifinia in the period before and during the revolution, war, holy war and the present narrative."

Right now, I'm only at the before the revolution part, and I'm hyped to see where this one goes. I had no idea this serial was even about the revolution! I'm hooked.

Here's the link for the 1st episode: http://www.shiatv.net/plist.php?plist=6937&play=0

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW OF ANY OTHER IRANIAN SERIALS THAT HAVE ENGLISH SUBTITLES THAT YOU ENJOYED, THANKS! (Also, I would like for all of the episodes to be available online, I once watched an Iranian serial that had 31 parts, but I could never find the next part anywhere, the conclusion I presume, that still annoys me to this day, and I haven't given up searching for the last part)

Edited by RevolutionaryVisionary
Added link
  • Veteran Member
Posted (edited)

A documentary film on DeutscheWelle: "The Pandemic Spreads"  How C-19 is Changing the World

The epicenter of infection in France;

The doctor/radiologist who determined that C-19 was spreading in the Fall of 2019;

How Taiwan has kept their infection rates low

An interesting quote:   "The race for a vaccine has become a race for political power."

EDIT: found "vaccine diplomacy" at https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-53917315

Title:  "Coronavirus: Vaccine front-runner China already inoculating workers"

Edited by hasanhh