Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Chaotic Muslem

What Have You Watched Recently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, hasanhh said:

And through all this, plus airplane crashes, being a space monkey, rolling in the dirt, . . . She never has a bad-hair day. Worse than Sean Connery never messing up his suit playing James Bond. :hahaha:

And the only time she does anything useful is at the end of the movie --when she washes a few dishes.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Just watched Little Mosque on the Prairie. What a brilliant show that ended too soon. 

I wish there was a real life version of this near my house in the PNW. Little Mosque in the Rainforest maybe....

10 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Like your avatar, brother.

Are you thinking more along the lines of Sura 67:19 . . .

or an airstrike on fishes?

:sign_welcome: to ShiaChat.

Many verse including the one you quoted, others includes the verse "And walk through the lands and see the signs of Allah (عزّ وجلّ)"....also "Disperse abroad in the land and seek of Allah's grace". So, perhaps I am pretending to be eagle of internet and learning your opinions and of those about whom I do not have knowledge and thus multiplying my knowledge base.

Btw, thanks for welcome, I am very pleased to meet you, May Allah (عزّ وجلّ) bless you for the sake of Ahlebait (عليه السلام) and all the shiachat including me. :) 

My stomach really gave out this past half-hour.

DeutscheWelle DocFilm "Silicone Dream Girls: When Men Fall in Love with Dolls"

:fever: This was/is SAD.  Profiled men who have serious difficulties developing relationships or after divorce/widowering are unable to do so again. Many men talked as if they are in a withdrawl state of mind.

Some content is too indecent to discuss openly on ShiaChat.

I cannot begin to guess what a diagnostic manual would read.

Not recommended for general audiences.

On 6/30/2019 at 1:42 AM, hasanhh said:

"Silicone Dream Girls: When Men Fall in Love with Dolls"

Do you think the following would be an appropriate symbol for these people once they gain social acceptability and political rights? The skintone symbol reflecting the very wide variety that artificial people can have.

1957522403_Untitled3_001.jpeg.e9aeed8071ece1c07edf2720dce052f6.jpeg

16 hours ago, hasanhh said:

My stomach really gave out this past half-hour.

DeutscheWelle DocFilm "Silicone Dream Girls: When Men Fall in Love with Dolls"

:fever: This was/is SAD.  Profiled men who have serious difficulties developing relationships or after divorce/widowering are unable to do so again. Many men talked as if they are in a withdrawl state of mind.

Some content is too indecent to discuss openly on ShiaChat.

I cannot begin to guess what a diagnostic manual would read.

Not recommended for general audiences.

I think this issue is mostly but a symptom. The cause is the devolution of the society. You know that better than anyone. ..

The past two evenings we watched movies on cable TV, on a kids channel. The movies were fine, fun, but it was particularly interesting to note which commercials were shown for these two movies. The first movie, which I would have considered a children's animated action/adventure movie, targeted almost all the ads to girls and women, with commercials for dolls and "girly toys", and for shampoos and other fashion and beauty products. The second, a live action children's action/adventure movie, had more general ads for restaurants, school supplies, and foods.

If there's that much difference in targeted ads on cable TV, imagine how much different the internet appears for each of us, with its curated stories and targeted ads based on what we've looked at before, and our age, gender,  and region.

I just think it's interesting and a little creepy.

I'm reading a book that included a chapter on commercial surveillance. Maybe that's why I noticed it so much.

I loved this Persian series called 'Pedar'! So many lessons to be taken from it. 

It shows what true love is! A girl with a pure heart falls in love with a super religious guy who is a true follower of the Ahlulabyt (عليه السلام). 

images (100).jpeg

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Binge watching 'Keeping up appearances'. It's an old British comedy show. I love the main character Patricia 'Bouquet'. I don't think many here would be interested in watching this but this is good,clean TV with some real acting, not like the stupidity and nudity they feed into our minds in the name of entertainment.

639406944_images(35).jpeg.528e5a8eca7c8f1a2ce1435973253264.jpeg

21 minutes ago, starlight said:

Binge watching 'Keeping up appearances'. It's an old British comedy show. I love the main character Patricia 'Bouquet'. I don't think many here would be interested in watching this but this is good,clean TV with some real acting, not like the stupidity and nudity they feed into our minds in the name of entertainment.

639406944_images(35).jpeg.528e5a8eca7c8f1a2ce1435973253264.jpeg

I loved this! Classic comedy show! Aside from Mrs ‘Bouquet’ Onslow was a fab character. I really miss some of these old shows from the 80’s and 90’s. If there are any old re-runs on of this show, I always watch.

8 hours ago, starlight said:

Binge watching 'Keeping up appearances'.

:shock: & :worried: "Shock and Worry"

I hope Starlight doesn't see the Bucket Woman as her heroine and tries to emulate her.

:grin:

Personally, l am very much like Geoffrey Hughes.

A.N.

:shifty: 

I watched the first 1/2 hour of the 1978 "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". It is so stew-peed l could not stand it.

The only reason I started is because ever so often people mention it -mostly in TV commentary.

So l switched to something a little more sensible: The Big Bang Theory.