Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Chaotic Muslem

What Have You Watched Recently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Just finished Informer on Prime.

8/10.

Informer is a complex, character-driven thriller about Raza, a young second generation British-Pakistani man from East London who is coerced by Gabe, a Counter-Terrorism Officer into informing for him. Gabe, who has a past he wants to remain secret, is joined by Holly, his new and ambitious partner whose endless curiosity becomes a threat to him. As the central counter-terrorism investigation heats up, the stakes for all three, their families and relationships, get higher and higher.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

MV5BMjMwNDkxMTgzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTkw

Plot: Teen Miles Morales becomes Spider-Man of his reality, crossing his path with five counterparts from other dimensions to stop a threat for all realities. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4633694/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Hbz2jLxvQ

This was even better, and a lot different than what I expected to see, and actually had a great plot, 
compared to Bumble Bee, which I also watched and liked a lot. 8/10

On 2/7/2019 at 4:05 PM, Ejaz said:

I am going to watch Gotham series on Netflix inshallah. Please pray I am not brainwashed or derive my morals from it. Ya Allah pls don’t let this media misguide us ameen

I'm a big fan of Gotham. You won't regret, I promise. Good luck ;)

I watched both seasons and I really enjoyed this Netflix show! It’s full of action, adventure, sci-fi, horror and a little comedy. 

Set in a fictional rural town in Indiana during the 1980’s.

A nearby government lab conducts secret experiments into the paranormal and supernatural by using human test subjects. One of the subjects inadvertently opens up a portal into a parallel dimension which causes havoc for some residents of the town. 

100D6C24-E6CF-4864-829C-8A4C30D4B35E.thumb.jpeg.da4413f4e154d6b1acaaf69dd15f4c3c.jpeg

Watched the award winning Arabic movie The Insult.

9/10 for me.

Very basic movie but it really showed how small issues become so large.

This true story is about a 13 year old boy residing in Malawi. The livelihood of his family and his hometown depends on the annual harvest and has been put at risk by the unreliable weather. He gets thrown out of school as his father cannot pay the fees but puts his knowledge into practice and builds a windmill entirely out of D.I.Y methods and saves his family and the village from drought and famine. Heartwarming movie!

The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind  Poster

On 3/1/2019 at 5:09 PM, Heavenly_Silk said:

I watched both seasons and I really enjoyed this Netflix show! It’s full of action, adventure, sci-fi, horror and a little comedy. 

Set in a fictional rural town in Indiana during the 1980’s.

A nearby government lab conducts secret experiments into the paranormal and supernatural by using human test subjects. One of the subjects inadvertently opens up a portal into a parallel dimension which causes havoc for some residents of the town. 

100D6C24-E6CF-4864-829C-8A4C30D4B35E.thumb.jpeg.da4413f4e154d6b1acaaf69dd15f4c3c.jpeg

Lol still haven't watched it. Dw I've got this.

Lots of action/fighting. Caucasian dad and daughter killed by Hispanic drugs gang and the soccer mom takes revenge. Made for the U.S. audience who'll be chanting 'build the wall' throughout and waving MAGA hats.

At least Muslims aren't the bad guys.

tt.png

Edited by Haji 2003

"3 Idiots" 

An Indian movie . I do recommend it ! It's actually talking about how different n talented n smart ppl r being ignored cuz of not following the rules . it was also hilarious 

Edited by strength=Abbas

Good family viewing (ok there's a small element of gore).

There's a plot, a decent script whose language idiosyncrasies synch with the fact that people in the future don't all speak the same as we do, acting that helps you suspend disbelief, set design and props that create their own world and design aesthetic.

The latter in particular I really liked, it had an internal coherence, even if it did seem at times that people using 1950s technology were exploring far off worlds.

Pretty good all in all and it's an independent production.

prospect-movie-review.png

For my fellow sci-fi fan and brother Haji 2003.

MV5BMjI3MjI5OTczNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODA4

Warning Warning: I watched this alone. I do not recall something extraordinarily haraam but you never know. Sorry. If you really think about it, even the usual western clothing is haraam. Just saying.

Watching the Prophet Yusuf series on Ahlebeit TV every night of Ramadan... 

This mini series (4 episodes) tells the real life story of the Central Park five in 1989 in which 5 youths (4 African American, 1 Hispanic) were wrongly convicted of rape and attempted murder. Now, 30 years later, you get to see an intense re-telling of how the events unfolded. 

I really enjoyed this, it was highly emotional but definitely worth the watch.

776DEDD3-E9D6-42E0-B0F0-DEC1A8382CB5.jpeg.f0ad2d7416a5a1a9a036bd0d0eb36482.jpeg

"Young Sheldon"

I finished this series today.  I really LOVED it. Watch it if U've always been that weird nerd who enjoys different things!

Sheldon is a character of "The Big Bang Theory" n this series is about his childhood 

I recently watched Captain Marvel ,it was a standard marvel movie (spoiler alert )only cat of captain & later Nik fury was point of movie.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:11 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

I recently watched Captain Marvel ,it was a standard marvel movie (spoiler alert )only cat of captain & later Nik fury was point of movie.

:ranting: "I wasted $1.75 on this lousy movie, because YOU watched/wasted your time viewing it."

It was kung-fu-zie

The "Supreme Intelligence" is an old blonde, that isn't smart enough to figure out how to stop an infiltration without Action-heroes.

Pointless fights.

Characters play in the water like children play SEAL Team.

At 23 minutes, shows a Blockbuster, and then a Radio Shack, which are as out-of-business as this dumb movie.

An L.E.D./Neon suit.

trilling and cloaking -l was not impressed.

Fits of Fascist, Will Power mentalities -a loserism, as fascists always lose in the end.

Laser Light Swords and other static electric displays.

And through all this, plus airplane crashes, being a space monkey, rolling in the dirt, . . . She never has a bad-hair day. Worse than Sean Connery never messing up his suit playing James Bond. :hahaha:

And the only time she does anything useful is at the end of the movie --when she washes a few dishes.

This movie has been Rated D for "Dumb, Mentally Disturbed, femi-nazi garbage." by Hasan the Horrible.

5 hours ago, hasanhh said:

And through all this, plus airplane crashes, being a space monkey, rolling in the dirt, . . . She never has a bad-hair day. Worse than Sean Connery never messing up his suit playing James Bond. :hahaha:

And the only time she does anything useful is at the end of the movie --when she washes a few dishes.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Just watched Little Mosque on the Prairie. What a brilliant show that ended too soon. 

I wish there was a real life version of this near my house in the PNW. Little Mosque in the Rainforest maybe....