Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Chaotic Muslem

What Have You Watched Recently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

On 2/25/2018 at 3:51 PM, Haji 2003 said:

Good drama, Islamically ok. True story about the Soviet space programme, in Russian with subtitles.

Just to point out that Salyut 7 is a great experience in learning how space exploration could be done differently to the way that Americans do it. Huge cultural differences in management. These guys are drinking vodka and smoking on a space station.

But you also get a sense of the fortitude that helped them beat off Napoleon and Hitler.

3 hours ago, strength=Abbas said:

Anyone watched wonderwoman?! Worths watching ?

Was alright, not outstanding but a fun flick. The plot had some holes and the ending was predictable, but the visuals were good and it was entertaining throughout. 

2 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Just to point out that Salyut 7 is a great experience in learning how space exploration could be done differently to the way that Americans do it. Huge cultural differences in management.

I'm very interested in this movie, but can't find it. Amazon has it listed, but says it's not available in my area. The public library doesn't have it. Is it online? 

On 3/7/2018 at 4:30 AM, strength=Abbas said:

Anyone watched wonderwoman?! Worths watching ?

You mean the TV series with Lynda Carter?  My Dad likes that program - :ko:to the nth power - but l always called her "blunder broad". [MOD: l truly did.]

l thought Ly C. looked good in her office suit with glasses, but that skimpy-stupid, fashion-blunder out fit of hers is laughable.

Who wants a heroine -[ :ranting: "Hasan, the politically correct femi-nazi word is 'hero'."] -as l was writing before l was so feministically interrupted- Who wants a heroine that isn't smart enough or conscientious enough to have adequate clothing on? Or has hair that looks like she put her finger into a light socket?

Last Fall(2017) "blunder broad" was the subject of a radio program. What l specifically remember was this woman -a lawyer as l remember- emotionally and enthusiastically recalling how this comic-book character has been her motivational "hero" in life.

Sheeeesh.

3 hours ago, notme said:

Amazon has it listed, but says it's not available in my area.

Hmm. I watched it online with Amazon Prime. But you can watch it here, looks like a very good print, don't know if it is pirated.

https://sovietmoviesonline.com/drama/622-salyut-7.html

salyut.jpeg.62c9b8e50a3d64821e4a6c684e990c2c.jpeg

On 3/7/2018 at 11:57 AM, Haji 2003 said:

I never knew such a site existed.  One of my teenagers is interested in all things Russian.  I'll have to show him this site.  

2 hours ago, notme said:

I never knew such a site existed.  One of my teenagers is interested in all things Russian.  I'll have to show him this site.  

please be aware of spyware..

1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

please be aware of spyware..

They look pretty kosher to me:

Soviet Movies is an online service provider as defined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. We provide legal copyright owners with the ability to self-publish on the internet by uploading, storing and displaying various media utilizing our services. We do not monitor, screen or otherwise review the media which is uploaded to our servers by users of the service. We take copyright violation very seriously and will vigorously protect the rights of legal copyright owners. If you are the copyright owner of content which appears on the Soviet Movies website and you did not authorize the use of the content you must notify Soviet Movies in writing in order for us to identify the allegedly infringing content and take action.

https://sovietmoviesonline.com/dmca-policy.html

10 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Did he start a language class yet?

His school doesn't offer it, but he has a book. He's learning Spanish at school and it's his best grades.

1 hour ago, notme said:

His school doesn't offer it, but he has a book. He's learning Spanish at school and it's his best grades.

l thought maybe he started an online course. lt is a difficult language. l once read, "there is no such thing as speaking a IittIe Russian."

On 3/5/2018 at 5:26 PM, notme said:

I watched it last weekend. It's a good movie. Highly recommend. Especially for those who were disappointed that Wonder Woman wasn't tough enough - Black Panther is full of powerful female characters. 

This is one of the reasons I am avoiding it. (FYI in the original comic book, all those female generals or whatever... were Black Panther's wives)

This and a few other reasons.

This movie has become a cultural phenomenon so I think it is very important to see it but it's important to see it with an entirely critical eye. The average joe is very much influenced by films. Hell, I've seen it with my own eyes. My mother (who has never watched even 30 seconds of baseball in her entire life) a few years ago told me: "That Jackie Robinson was a real hero." I knew the moment she said this that she must have seen the Jackie Robinson movie that had just been made. So I asked her: "You saw the movie, didn't you?" And she said yes. Fortunately, that movie was sensitive to history and as far as I could see didn't have many inaccuracies. (Also: Jackie really was a hero). But imagine all the trash movies that are out there influencing people with lies and falsehoods and impurities.

There is a movie in theaters now about Russian spy women who are trained to *cough* "use their bodies" in their espionage missions or whatever. For people who have been paying attention for the last 30-40 years this is no surprise. Russian women have been depicted as "ladies of the night" in Hollywood for a long long time. The epicenter of binamoosi in the universe (Hollywood) wants to repeatedly attack and demean another nation's namoos. It's both tragic and comic.

But anyway Black Panther. The other main reason I want to avoid it:

- glorifying shirk and voodoo and all that

You may laugh but if there is this secret super advanced nation that has the cure to every ill... and they are practicing some kind of pagan religion, then the natural conclusion would be: well maybe this paganism stuff is legit. You laugh but trust me: movies have this type of power. The ethnic studies people go ALL IN on crap like this.

On 10/03/2018 at 2:26 PM, hasanhh said:

l thought maybe he started an online course. lt is a difficult language.

Yes, I remember, once I had a book. I was 15 at the time. It was called Russian Made Simple. The script was no problem, vocab was ok and simple sentences were easy.

Then the grammar kicked in.

Sheesh, it made German look easy and I was terrified of that.

Last night l watched the violent comedy "The Man". Rated "G" for "Good".

Then today l watched the 1959 Warner Brothers "cult classic"  Teenagers from Outer Space.

Bad acting. Bad puns. Bad excuses. Bad manners. ln short, typical teenagers.

On 2/23/2018 at 6:49 PM, von Lohengramm said:

Image result for Diriliş: Ertuğrul

Diriliş: Ertuğrul (2014-ongoing).

Can't believe I never found out about this sooner. Centres around Erturgrul, the father of the founder of the Ottoman Empire and part of the 13th-century (Muslim) Oghuz Turkic people.

I'm only on season one (out of four) but loving it. No edgelord gimmicks (nudity, gratuitous violence) like you find in similar shows of its genre, and Islamically safe to watch.

You can watch it free here with English subs: http://wlext.net/series/dirilis-ertugrul-season-1?server=openloadco&episode=001 And if your in doubt, I can guarantee you'll be hooked within the first five mins of episode one.

Update. I finished the first 76 episodes (two seasons) in a week and a half. The rating? Must-watch-before-you-die-especially-if-you're-a-Muslim/10.

Seriously, I didn't think there was a show like this out there, and it's the best thing I've ever seen.

All episodes are available on Netflix. Worth getting a membership just for this!

It's just one of those things, but I'd never really considered that NASA was affected by segregation. But of course, it was. An inspiring story. Also realised that a computer was a human being who computed, the application of the noun to a machine came later.

58b876ae0795a.jpg

7 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

It's just one of those things, but I'd never really considered that NASA was affected by segregation. But of course, it was. An inspiring story. Also realised that a computer was a human being who computed, the application of the noun to a machine came later.

58b876ae0795a.jpg

I loved this film a lot. Especially the emotional scene where the girl in the middle literally exploded for not being treated right.

On 3/7/2018 at 11:57 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Hmm. I watched it online with Amazon Prime. But you can watch it here, looks like a very good print, don't know if it is pirated.

https://sovietmoviesonline.com/drama/622-salyut-7.html

salyut.jpeg.62c9b8e50a3d64821e4a6c684e990c2c.jpeg

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation. Definitely better than most of what comes out of Hollywood. Acting, writing, sets, effects, all flawless. I want to add a DVD of this to my small collection to watch again at any time.