Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Chaotic Muslem

What Have You Watched Recently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

the-intern.png

Reasonable way of passing a little time. Islamically ok. There is an interesting Harvey Weinstein moment however.

[SPOILER ALERT]

The female CEO of a company is having an emotional moment and asks a male underling to come to her room (in his pyjamas & nightgown), he is unsure of the propriety of this but goes in. She asks him to sit on her bed and he's doubly uncomfortable, but she says she'll be sitting on the sofa, but later decides to come to the bed anyway (wearing a bathrobe). Now nothing happens and they remain fully clothed.

But I wonder if in real life the roles were reversed, this would be hashtagged as metoo ?

On 21/09/2017 at 8:06 PM, Marbles said:

it1.thumb.jpg.9a822524be31e4d37f3240d0b330778c.jpg

It (2017)

I succumbed to the peer pressure yesterday. On big screen.

A different kind of horror with a twist of irony and comedy. Not bad at all.

I went to cinema to watch it! But during all the scary scenes my eyes were closed lol so i watched nothing LOL

Straddles the boundary between documentary and art. Some swearing towards the end in the monologue by the factory owner (around 2.00 of this clip), but excellent on so many different levels.

11 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Please let me know when someone watches Black Panther...worth the hype???

Probably not. One promotional theme has been the "first" black hero.

Not true. "Shaft" with Richard Roundtree was/is. Both the in-theater movies and the TV series. All good views.

27 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Probably not. One promotional theme has been the "first" black hero.

Not true. "Shaft" with Richard Roundtree was/is. Both the in-theater movies and the TV series. All good views.

Not the "first" black hero, but the the "first" black Superhero (fictional character with supernatural powers). 

1 hour ago, Hameedeh said:

Not the "first" black hero, but the the "first" black Superhero (fictional character with supernatural powers). 

I never imagined nor thought of magic as heroic.

Thanx for the clarification on the movie.

Edited by hasanhh

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

:ko: "Huh?  What does a lower level of dermatological pigmentation have to do with this? Besides, Eartha Kitt was too.!"

Brother - the discussion was first "black" SuperHero. People are hyping Black Panther as the first black SuperHero so I mentioned Halle Berry as CatWoman as the first Black SuperHero.

3 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Brother - the discussion was first "black" SuperHero. People are hyping Black Panther as the first black SuperHero so I mentioned Halle Berry as CatWoman as the first Black SuperHero.

But Berry's "cat woman" didn't have any magical powers did she?

Image result for Diriliş: Ertuğrul

Diriliş: Ertuğrul (2014-ongoing).

Can't believe I never found out about this sooner. Centres around Erturgrul, the father of the founder of the Ottoman Empire and part of the 13th-century (Muslim) Oghuz Turkic people.

I'm only on season one (out of four) but loving it. No edgelord gimmicks (nudity, gratuitous violence) like you find in similar shows of its genre, and Islamically safe to watch.

You can watch it free here with English subs: http://wlext.net/series/dirilis-ertugrul-season-1?server=openloadco&episode=001 And if your in doubt, I can guarantee you'll be hooked within the first five mins of episode one.

2 hours ago, von Lohengramm said:

I can guarantee you'll be hooked within the first five mins of episode one.

I only saw one episode but the first few seconds of the first episode was enough for me to have a positive opinion of it. (You know what I'm talking about)

1 hour ago, baradar_jackson said:

I only saw one episode but the first few seconds of the first episode was enough for me to have a positive opinion of it. (You know what I'm talking about)

Yes, nothing better than manly men shouting great things while hammering down a sword.

On 2/18/2018 at 12:28 PM, shiaman14 said:

Please let me know when someone watches Black Panther...worth the hype???

Finally watched it this past weekend. Overhyped - I would give it 7/10.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:10 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I love Pakistani dramas :):) so I binge on those when my mum watches one.

I don't usually watch Pakistani dramas but did see Baaghi. Fantastic acting by Saba Qamar

11 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

I don't usually ...

On the Monday morning hype-called-news, the announcer said that "Black Panther" is on track to make a billion dollars in record time.

l watched a music video Sunday. Actually a sequence of still photos.

So, with one picture in particular in mind at 1:14m, this is for SC's resident tree-hugger, @notme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUYFul21Pqc

Note: the appeal of this Rank #9 1970 song can only be appreciated if you remember how bad pollution was in the 50s and 60s.

Edited by hasanhh

10 hours ago, hasanhh said:

On the Monday morning hype-called-news, the announcer said that "Black Panther" is on track to make a billion dollars in record time.

I watched it last weekend. It's a good movie. Highly recommend. Especially for those who were disappointed that Wonder Woman wasn't tough enough - Black Panther is full of powerful female characters. 

5 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Disagree. I'm not sure what your expectations were, but I thought it was very entertaining. I particularly like superhero movies though. 

1 hour ago, notme said:

Disagree. I'm not sure what your expectations were, but I thought it was very entertaining. I particularly like superhero movies though. 

I liked it. Just not the best movie ever. I watched Thor: Ragnarok and thought it was better than Black Panther.

Just now, shiaman14 said:

I liked it. Just not the best movie ever. I watched Thor: Ragnarok and thought it was better than Black Panther.

I haven't seen Ragnarok yet. I actually don't get to see many movies in the theater. Probably we will rent it when it comes to the Redbox. We have watched almost all the Marvel movies, though not most of the TV shows. 

25 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

To me, there is nothing more movie-ridiculous than a female super-ego-heroine.

Edit: l found an example: Chicken Woman

https://drawception.com/panel/drawing/3GJm3336/half-humanchicken-enjoying-free-time-on-a-beach/ 

Besides, these fantasies are all the same: low technological skills, wear only tights or their underwear, low-cut brassieres so their brains show, and the homonym "brassy airs" -no manners, ...

Edited by hasanhh
cartoon

24 minutes ago, notme said:

I haven't seen Ragnarok yet. I actually don't get to see many movies in the theater. Probably we will rent it when it comes to the Redbox. We have watched almost all the Marvel movies, though not most of the TV shows. 

Kodi » Covenant

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, strength=Abbas said:

Watched "Murder on the Orient Express" n i realllyyy liked it since Im a big fan of Sherlock Holmes n these detectives

[in good fun]  :ko:    then   :hahaha:   and finally :gossip:"Murder on the Orient Express" is by Agatha Christie.