Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Chaotic Muslem

What Have You Watched Recently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Community isn't too bad. It actually shows the stereo type personality of each character, like how a brown person acts or how a black person acts etc.

Except I have never seen real people act like that.

Most of the people I know are brown people and I don't know a single brown guy like that brown guy from the show.

Also... the black guy. I know him from the internets. He was an internet celebrity of sorts.

But he is the LAST guy you want playing the role of a jock, much less a quarterback. He's even shorter than me. Generally, quarterbacks are taller than 6 feet (183 cm).

Interesting... not sure what's "alternative" about this? Racism and xenophobia are patriotic values... in the US, so what's "alternative" ? 

Do only Americans make/watch stuff like this?

Edited by skylight2

I didn't want to open a whole new topic for this so am posting it here .. Can anyone recommend a short documentary (less than 20minutes) on the importance of learning history (in particular Islamic history, if possible)?

I got one suggestion from CM:

Anyone else please?

It's about the Mercury space programme, which preceded Apollo and it's also about Chuck Yeager, who was the first person to break the sound barrier.

Informative, funny and dramatic. There's a couple of scenes that make it unsuitable for children, a discussion about sperm samples for medical tests (around 1hr 5 mins) and another about astronauts setting a bad example for society if they have affairs (around 1hr 30).

Stuff-by-coolspottersdotcom.jpg

This is sparse and thoughtful. It delivers dialogue, action and drama at its own considered pace. Oh and it joins Haji's list of great movies with no women.

rover_ver3_xlg.jpg

Edited by Haji 2003

This is sparse and thoughtful. It delivers dialogue, action and drama at its own considered pace. Oh and it joins Haji's list of great movies with no women.

LoL ...

Seriously. I remember when I was little telling my Dad I had just seen my first "Army" picture on TV that didn't have any women in it.

Last night I saw two Alan Ladd pictures, The Paratrooper (good for a laugh) and Hell Below Zero which had whale hunting in the Antarctic as the back drop to the plot. I remember seeing these decades ago. The whale hunting shots are excellent --harpoons fired off the Southern Truce.

And as you can figure Hajj '03, both had irrelevant girls in the scripts.

NWA was such a load of c.rap.

I think they were a plot to make hip hop more debased and more corrupt than ever.

Before them, hip hop was much cleaner. The more violent and misogynistic elements of the genre were there, but had not achieved mainstream success.

Jerry Heller -- a Zionist Jew -- comes along and sees the business opportunity in polluting the hip hop environment... and NWA is born.

Their outward image was so anti-establishment, raw, and fresh... and yet at the heart of it they were just shills for a corrupt business douche (Jerry Heller).

NWA was such a load of c.rap.

I think they were a plot to make hip hop more debased and more corrupt than ever.

Before them, hip hop was much cleaner. The more violent and misogynistic elements of the genre were there, but had not achieved mainstream success.

Jerry Heller -- a Zionist Jew -- comes along and sees the business opportunity in polluting the hip hop environment... and NWA is born.

Their outward image was so anti-establishment, raw, and fresh... and yet at the heart of it they were just shills for a corrupt business douche (Jerry Heller).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ZcPT8Ed34

^ I am not saying rap music shouldn't be angry. I am saying NWA was not the manifestation of legitimate, real anger. It was artificial, manufactured, etc...

I actually do agree with you, they only did it to sell money buy at the same time they did have messages behind their music

Very powerful film this one. Well worth watching, something that has plenty of drama and leaves you feeling that you also learnt something. Lots of swearing, violence and blood but nothing objectionable. Another one for the 'no women' category.

The film takes place in northern Ireland in 1971, a British soldier who has gotten lost in enemy territory. He has to get out.

15215291029_71c02599cf_o.jpg

^ Thanks, Haji. I much prefer watching films with no women. Tired of television shows and films where the woman is killed off as part of the drama. :(

Watchng the Old Faithful Geyser webcam. It's really exciting when I see bison in view of the camera! 

http://www.nps.gov/features/yell/webcam/oldFaithfulStreaming.html

Yellowstone is the only place in the United States where bison have lived continuously since prehistoric times. A number of Native American tribes especially revere Yellowstone’s bison as pure descendants of the vast herds that once roamed the grasslands of the United States. The largest bison population in the country on public land resides in Yellowstone. It is one of the few herds free of cattle genes. http://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/nature/bisonfaq.htm

Alright guys here is the new Naruto plan

I'm not watching all 10 gazillion episodes.

And reading the manga proved to be not-very-good at time-saving because unlike with One Piece, the anime episodes aren't overflowing with filler and the manga actually bothers to explain what's happening. So each anime episode is actually a few manga chapters rather than just one.

Either way, new plan:

Yous guys tell me which arcs I MUST watch. For everything else, you summarize what happened in the Naruto universe so I understand. I just finished watching the Shikamaru arc magma told me to watch (until episode 88). It was awesome. Shikamaru is a proper BA. Loved his fight with Hidan. Hidan was far too retarded to even stand a chance. Also, does anyone else get the feeling he and Asuma are the A-rabs of the Naruto universe? What with the laziness and the smoking?

Alright guys here is the new Naruto plan

I'm not watching all 10 gazillion episodes.

And reading the manga proved to be not-very-good at time-saving because unlike with One Piece, the anime episodes aren't overflowing with filler and the manga actually bothers to explain what's happening. So each anime episode is actually a few manga chapters rather than just one.

Either way, new plan:

Yous guys tell me which arcs I MUST watch. For everything else, you summarize what happened in the Naruto universe so I understand. I just finished watching the Shikamaru arc magma told me to watch (until episode 88). It was awesome. Shikamaru is a proper BA. Loved his fight with Hidan. Hidan was far too retarded to even stand a chance. Also, does anyone else get the feeling he and Asuma are the A-rabs of the Naruto universe? What with the laziness and the smoking?

Next watch

Jiraya vs. Pain - 127-133

Saske vs. Itachi (epic battle) - 134- 143 

Pain Vs. Naruto (one of my personal favorites) - 152-175

Saske vs. Kages/Danzo - 197-214

After that begins the great ninja war with quite a few epic battles - 261 - 321 (great battles), 322-375 (one of the best battles of the ninja war) and 378 on wards (fillers in between) the finale

Shikamaru is my favorite Naruto character and then Itachi and Lee.

Next watch

Jiraya vs. Pain - 127-133

Saske vs. Itachi (epic battle) - 134- 143 

Pain Vs. Naruto (one of my personal favorites) - 152-175

Saske vs. Kages/Danzo - 197-214

After that begins the great ninja war with quite a few epic battles - 261 - 321 (great battles), 322-375 (one of the best battles of the ninja war) and 378 on wards (fillers in between) the finale

Shikamaru is my favorite Naruto character and then Itachi and Lee.

Which arc has Itachi's backstory? Bro Martyrdom specifically told me to watch that one