Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Chaotic Muslem

What Have You Watched Recently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

I agree start from Pain.

But if you have time best to watch all, especially the Akatsuki fights ..they are all epic.

I especially like the ones where Shikamaru is involved.

And hurry up to episode 424 so we can discuss it without spoiling :P

Shikamaru is my favorite character. I can relate to him, being a cloud-lover myself.

But right now I'm having to deal with Sakura and Naruto making emo stares for half an hour and some homo named Sai who didn't get enough sun exposure as a child. 

Shikamaru is my favorite character. I can relate to him, being a cloud-lover myself.

But right now I'm having to deal with Sakura and Naruto making emo stares for half an hour and some homo named Sai who didn't get enough sun exposure as a child. 

Shippuden is worth it man.  It's worth watching (minus the fillers), just do it at whatever pace is comfortable and convenient for you.  But giving up entirely is not an option.  There are too many great moments to count. 

And if Shikamaru is your favorite character, then there is one arc you absolutely wouldn't want to miss. 

Edited by magma

Gremlins-Poster-e1368516476342.jpg

An old but good movie from my childhood. I could barely remember it. :)

I didn't like it...I am not sure why it is so famous.

That's perfectly understandable. The movie is about lowly kuffar and their kufr and jahala. No reason for you to like it. :p

That's perfectly understandable. The movie is about lowly kuffar and their kufr and jahala. No reason for you to like it. :P

Well, it is true that some level of immorality and rudeness and denominzation of human beings get me repulsed from some movies, but it isn't that in the case of the Godfather.

I think i tried to follow up the events in movie a number of times but failed. I found myself changing the channel or simply turning off tv and moving on life.

Pictures, dresses and places, accents and all are perfect . Plot isn't bad either....it still didn't hook me in.

/me feeds DV's gremlin at 1am and then throws a bottle of water at it.

/me runs back to his home

Lol

Brought back childhood memories... gameboy :p

post-64126-0-36838500-1439566326.jpg

post-64126-0-89915300-1439566346.png

The difference between Naruto and Kaiji is that the characters in Naruto talk about overcoming their weaknesses and building on their strengths where as Kaiji talks about only weaknesses in the human self and how you drown in it everyday ..

Naruto builds the character from when they were nothing to when they become something .. Kaiji has no character building (that could be because the storyline are in noway related to each other).

I actually watched it just because of the young Al Pacino, he looked so handsome!

the-godfather.jpg

Plus the soundtrack was amazing (the godfather love theme is epic)

I don't think i loved this music , but for you :

Lol i think i liked the older Al Pacino 

but i should give this movie the credit of at least being one in which a parent mourn their children in natural way..

I hate to watch scenes of american movies where there is a dying child and the only reaction from his parents is to run out of house and break few plates

but i should give this movie the credit of at least being one in which a parent mourn their children in natural way..

I hate to watch scenes of american movies where there is a dying child and the only reaction from his parents is to run out of house and break few plates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyaDlIirJnw

Oh NOOOOOO CM not that heartbreaking scene! I remember the first time I saw it I cried a river :( in my opinion part III ending is the worse (too much sad death scenes)

and thanks for sharing the theme song, forever one of my favorite :)

Well... Godfather has been agreed upon as the best movie ever by a majority of reviewers followed closely by Pulp Fiction. Its a classic. It has many elements all acted out remarkably, something for everyone. My personal favorite is Pacino's love for his father based on which he murders the corrupt police chief and accepts exile.

Anyway, sorry if I'm posting this again as I am just finishing watching this grandiose movie. It narrates aerospace history starting with Yeager breaking the sound barrier and then all the way to the Mercury program and covers her crew as well. All very neatly done in a 3+ hours long movie.

1983-the-right-stuff-poster1.jpg

Watched Ant Man.

It was ok.

The shrinking power made the action unique.

Note: there is one half-kissing scene and a few suggestive remarks. Other than that, nothing to worry about.

Ant Man's daughter is very cute.

Nothing much else to say about it. As far as mindless entertainment goes, it wasn't bad.

^ What did you think of the duel with the foreman? That was probably my favorite arc.

That was the most epic part of the whole anime imo! 

The bog ended up being pure luck at the end so it was a bit disheartening. It also dragged on for quite sometime. What is surprising is how he keeps falling for cheap tricks over and over again despite his intelligence in overcoming obstacles. It started becoming predictable.

The narrator sounds like a football commentator lol.

The bog wasn't luck. It was divine intervention. 

The bog was a demon. It was a man-eater. You can't simply overcome it through luck. Yes, the initial plan became irrelevant by the time Kaiji defeated the bog, but it was not because of luck but because it was destined to happen. Hence, Kaiji says, in tears, as the ball goes in: "kami-sama.... arigato!"

The bog drew on very long, I agree. And it was very stressful. Unlike the feeling of triumph you feel after Kaiji takes down the foreman, after the bog you just feel relief. You feel: "Yes, finally I can go back to my normal life without having nightmares about this thing."

Where is the Friend's House?    (9/10)

(Farsi with English Sub)

"An 8 year old boy must return his friend's notebook he took by mistake, lest his friend be punished by expulsion from school."

Its been a long time since I've watched a movie that I liked and didn't have a lot to complain about. A very simple plot with acting that is very natural and genuine very unlike some of the blockbuster movies I've been seeing lately. I also really enjoyed watching the character of Ahmed. I highly recommend it. 

^ That's a nice movie that you can take a nap in the middle and not miss much. It's the movie equivalent of sitting under a tree at a park.

But the little boy's main problem is that he has a simple objective, but no matter which of the adults he talks to, none of them help him. Either they give him wrong information, irrelevant information, or they give him side tasks which mean nothing, or they don't even listen to him and keep repeating their mantras (the mother does this in the beginning of the movie and it makes you want to pull your hair out). 

But the interesting thing is, at the very end, there is the old man who actually does listen to the little boy, but the little boy is much more assertive against this old man and even though the old man takes him to Nematzadeh's house, the boy doesn't do what he intended to do. Basically, when the boy finally DOES get proper guidance, he doesn't make use of it.

This guy's movies are so abstract that people can project their own ideas on it. Which I am not sure if I like... but I liked this movie anyway. 

Naruto ep 425 -- team 7 is back :wub: woohoo!

I wish they could make like 50 episodes at a go. This is painful ..

Extinction (2015).

Mildly horror movie with a good story and ending, no haram scenes, well done.

I have yet to see a really horror movie. Can anyone suggest one? 

I have yet to see a really horror movie. Can anyone suggest one? 

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/best-horror-movies/#

To be honest, Jaws and Nightmare on Elm Street kept giving me bad dreams when I was little. :(

Well I'm not surprised since you have guts. You can even tolerate anime. Jaws did scare me "when I was little". Now, no fiction can do that. Except I do feel stressed by watching certain documentaries which provide evidence to disturbing things. And those disturbing things can even be something as straight forward as US foreign policy. :lol:

There was this show, "Community" which the internet has been raving about. I thought I should give it a shot. I saw two episodes, and although some parts were funny, I had to stop it.

Hollywood writers have a very limited grasp on reality. I went to "community college" for three years. And somehow I think the writers of this show haven't even been in the same zip code as anyone who has done so.

Actually, I am not sure if they have even had contact with any human being at all.

Nothing that happens on the show resonates in any way. Nothing about it is relatable to a real-life experience. That's very important in comedy.

Also, there was some subtle Zionist propaganda in the second episode so that dampened the mood even more.

I recommend NOT watching this. If you want to watch a comedy where the people do not act like normal people, watch Arrested Development.

There was this show, "Community" which the internet has been raving about. I thought I should give it a shot. I saw two episodes, and although some parts were funny, I had to stop it.

Hollywood writers have a very limited grasp on reality. I went to "community college" for three years. And somehow I think the writers of this show haven't even been in the same zip code as anyone who has done so.

Actually, I am not sure if they have even had contact with any human being at all.

Nothing that happens on the show resonates in any way. Nothing about it is relatable to a real-life experience. That's very important in comedy.

Also, there was some subtle Zionist propaganda in the second episode so that dampened the mood even more.

I recommend NOT watching this. If you want to watch a comedy where the people do not act like normal people, watch Arrested Development.

Community isn't too bad. It actually shows the stereo type personality of each character, like how a brown person acts or how a black person acts etc.