Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Chaotic Muslem

What Have You Watched Recently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

That would be blasphemy though. I'm sure that's not what he meant. 

since u are a mod. i must stay in quiet deferential to your authority and subsume my lowly point of view about this movie to your high esteem. 

Edited by skylight2

I saw this documentary on snow leopards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGMa4sfwgIs

Sorry, Pakis. It's not filmed in Pakistan. It's filmed in northern India or something.

Nonetheless, it's a good documentary with some beautiful footage of one of the most beautiful animals.

But one of the crew members became waaaaaaaaaay to excited when he was watching the snow leopards mate. Really doe...

Ok, here are two kewl hollywood flicks to counter balance Baradar's routine distaste of horse junk he adds :D (j/k!)

1) The Prestige

Awesome acting by Christian Bale as always. Good story worth the time.

2) Super 8

Another good movie directed by J.J. Abrams and sci-fi / adventure story by Steven Spielberg.

Nothing to ruin your snack in either movies so they are for all audiences.

During the last day of school before Christmas break (Winter Break). I watched both Home Alone 1 and 2. But it was only for a couple minutes or so sadly.

^ I don't remember the scene you are referring to (Amjed killing the soldier), but I liked that movie a lot.

The love story was annoying but it served a purpose (exposing Amjed as a traitor in spite of his harmless appearance).

Also, I'm gonna call bullc.rap on Omar not knowing that his interrogator was a Jew until he heard him speak Hebrew on the phone. That dude has "Jewish" written on his forehead. Come on.

Good movie though.

Amjad killing the soldier was in the trailer as well so...

The movie overall was greatly detail-oriented. Even the Shaami Arabic dialect the Jewish guy had was spot on.

That would be blasphemy though. I'm sure that's not what he meant. 

Interstellar was awesome. I was definitely blown away by some scenes and felt stupid afterwards when I had to search up some things I didn't quite grasp on Sheikh Google. I saw the movie at the theaters and would hate it when they would whisper or talk so fast even the loud speakers couldn't relay. Good concept though, I never actually thought of what humans would do if ever put in such a situation.

Interstellar was awesome. I was definitely blown away by some scenes and felt stupid afterwards when I had to search up some things I didn't quite grasp on Sheikh Google. I saw the movie at the theaters and would hate it when they would whisper or talk so fast even the loud speakers couldn't relay. Good concept though, I never actually thought of what humans would do if ever put in such a situation.

There is a small likelihood that I just did not understand the movie (interstellar) given my meagerness and the fact that I failed to consult Sheikh Google. The likelihood is small - maybe a 0.01% likelihood, but it is not entirely in the realm of impossibility, i.e. there is small likelihood that this is in the realm of that which is possible. 

Edited by skylight2

6th episode of Bab-al-Morad (?) - seriel about Imam Taqi (as). It's pretty good thus far, quality very nice. I also watched Ghareeb-e-Toos some while ago and whilst I liked that one, too, this serial about Imam Taqi (as) seems more detailed to me on some aspects such as political affairs or Imam Ridha's (as) life in Medina/family. How they handled the issue with showing the faces or not was different from what I'm used to (e.g. noor) and I think it was cleverly done.

I was actually waiting for English subs but surprisingly, Germans were faster (if I'm not completely mistaken). I also watched some episodes ahead even though I don't speak Arabic (trying to learn it, though) - I just wanted to hear the Imam(as) speak :P

Recommended to Shia (and others interested) who haven't seen it, yet, and understand Arabic or know German.

Wa salam.

(salam)

After I watched "the Case of Mr. Pelham" --post 1560-- there was a link to the BBC documentary (2009) "Iran and the West" -The Man who changed the World"

in 3 parts.

Recommended.

It is about the Islamic Revolution. Which should remind us: Ten Day Dawn

Back then, about 1981, we were talking to a student who had returned from lndia. She said the students were invited to a party by lndian students and on the wall was a poster of Ayat. Khomenei. The one student said to her, "Don't worry. He is our religious leader, not our political leader".

House of Cards. I loved it and I hated it. I learned so much but benefited so little. In terms of acting Kevin spacy was flawless. This series should have been called house of corruption. Can't rate it yet until it's completely finished. So will have to wait.

220px-The_Imitation_Game_poster.jpg

I saw 'The Imitation Game' the other day, all in all, it was not a bad film, the story line was decent, and the acting was good.

The thirty minute barrage of pro homosexual propaganda at the end of the film did bring it down a bit (I must admit though, I did feel a bit sorry for Alan Turing - he was chemically castrated, and subsequently committed suicide)

This is a silent movie, over 3 hours long and made in 1915. But interesting and informative nevertheless. It's about how the Ku Klux Klan saved the south from black rule in the late 19th century. The film was responsible for the resurgence of the Klan in the 20th century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=302YMeiDSrIBirth_of_a_Nation_theatrical_poster.jpg

Well, I must post that I have watched Interstellar again, and for the 4th time now. :( I had previously watched it in an office and therefore the tiny screen and unworthy sound hardware was holding back the movie's enormous potential and with that its ability to move you. Granted it may take a while for its Blu Ray versions to reach around the globe, and yes there is indeed a lot of "eye candy" (as we geeks and nerds call it) which can not be truly appreciated enough without a proper print. The soundtrack is awesome. After Moon and Gravity, this movie is a lot bigger "must-watch" of the 21st century for not just science fiction and space exploration but all cinema admirers alike.

This is the sort of film that slips under the radar, while we are enraptured by the usual Hollywood fare, but this is what film-making is all about IMHO.

This (true) film is about an American paedophile, Arnold Friedman and his capture by police. What sets this movie apart from anything else I have ever seen is that his family have video cameras and tape the whole process. There are also interviews with family members. Fascinating.

Friedmans_02.jpg

"Captive Wild Woman" (1943)

With Nigel Bruce (Dr.Watson in Sherlock Holmes films)

John Carradine (David Carridine's father)

And "Aquataniani" --something like that-- who was billed as the "Venezuelan Volcanoe" yet actually was an Arapahoe born in Wyoming)

I remember seeing this when little on afternoon movies. I know that for certain from the line, "I hope nothing happens. I forgot to feed them".

Amazing what you can do with a great idea and a good script.

Some bad language, but otherwise clean.

Coherence.jpg

Edited by Haji 2003