Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Chaotic Muslem

What Have You Watched Recently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

(salam)

Deutsche Welle's Quadriga of 18Dec14, "Anti-Islam..."

Excellent commentary by all three guests. Impressive socio-political thought. Highly recommended.

Maybe a too advanced for teenagers,

It is online

Edited by hasanhh

Night of the Living Dead (1979).

This is THE zombie movie of which all others are off springs. It addresses and illuminates the zombies at a intellectual level like none other. "They are us and we are them".

Under the Namibian Sky...amazing timelapse

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EM5lM5WEY3Q

Just watched half of it and had to stop and say this timelapse video is amazingly beautiful. Thank you for sharing this. :)

Just watched half of it and had to stop and say this timelapse video is amazingly beautiful. Thank you for sharing this. :)

ur most welcome sis...if u liked it, u need to watch my fav...no photoshop there.

Subhanallah

Edited by mina313

watched this movie.

it is going to be released in january 2015

32d9bd181d51b1be26b4ded7c4dc8ebe975bc922

Profanity alert:one sex scene of 1 or 2 seconds.other than that movie is ok.

Must watch if you like movies with big twists.

ik49VlPshlPIz.gif

i would rate it 7.5/10.

Edited by AnaAmmar1

This Morning, l watched "Voyage to the Planet of Prehistoric Women" from the early 1960s.

Stupid movie. In fact it was so stupid l Iaughed through most of it. And chuckled throughout the day.

l should note, there was nothing sexual about it or in it. Just mind-bending stupid.

Omar-poster.jpg

Ugh, I wrote an entire review on this movie here... only to have it accidentally wiped out thanks to my own damn fault (I won't re-type it again). Long story short, this movie was great and I really enjoyed it. This was more of a love story than a Israel-Palestine conflict thing. I'd give it a 7/10.

One relatively inappropriate scene with Omar in the jail cell being tortured (with no clothes on). It was filmed in Israel by the way.

***SPOILERS***

If anybody here does end up watching the movie, please explain to me why Amjad, the crazy monkey traitor guy, actually killed the Israeli soldier but was working with the Israeilis at the same time? I hated this Amjad character for everything he did, and I disliked Omar (not hate), and Tarek was just plain unlucky.

Edited by Jaabir

^ I don't remember the scene you are referring to (Amjed killing the soldier), but I liked that movie a lot.

The love story was annoying but it served a purpose (exposing Amjed as a traitor in spite of his harmless appearance).

Also, I'm gonna call bullc.rap on Omar not knowing that his interrogator was a Jew until he heard him speak Hebrew on the phone. That dude has "Jewish" written on his forehead. Come on.

Good movie though.

"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes"

I've watched these since they first came out with Charleston Heston and Roddy McDowell (and Kim Darby, l think).

They provide a venue for social commentary. In the original, the oft quoted line was, "Man See, Man Do", which is a play on "Monkey see, monkey do".

Probably in this episode, the one most likely to be quoted is Ceasar's "I trusted apes more...because they were apes."

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/solomon-kane#

Solomon Kane. I watched it in one sleepless night and 2 other movies that I don't recall. One scene caught my numb asleep senses is when the kind family that saved Solomon were being attacked by thieves. The thieves challenged Solomon to fight them and kill them then he can save the family . But Solomon was in repentance journey as he was fighter before and murderer or something so he refused to use force to win. He pleaded to let go of the captives. But the thieves simply killed almost all the members of the family.

Then Solomon looked up to sky and asked God (is this what you have created me for? Is this all I'm good for In your eyes ? To fight?)

Not exact words but almost like them.

It reminded me of samurai x, the one who held the sword upside down and fight I defence against those who wanted to I'll him because he killed one of their family In past.

That was in the beginning of the movie. When Solomon turned to be fighter again , we'll. ... plot is really lame but it is worth watching, at least in your sleepless nights.

The first and the most important question an intelligent and thinking existent should answer, and select one’s way of life accordingly, by free will and rational choice, is whether we are gods or servants? If we accept that we are servants, the sign of servitude is to make our will fade away in Allah's will

Misbah yazdi

Edited by Chaotic Muslem

This thread might as well be closed now, as I had the immense pleasure, on the 1st of January, to watch perhaps the greatest film that I have ever seen.

sounds like u don't watch many movies... the Iranian ones are pretty good, if u avoid most western movies... good reviews on this thread. 

sounds like u don't watch many movies... the Iranian ones are pretty good, if u avoid most western movies... good reviews on this thread. 

I watch loads! I do like Iranian films, but I'm afraid Interstellar beats them all. 

I have to make a confession. I don't watch Iranian movies. Nor Korean. Sorry Biradar. See, I like to not only watch but understand what they are saying. Otherwise I would also watch Charlie Chaplin's and other mute movies.

I just watched it and its kind of cool. I couldn't help but notice that it contains tidbits plagiarized from so many sci-fi movies before it (for example, the pen through paper scene that explains a folding space time is stolen from Event Horizon). Except the part about entering and surviving a black hole and then getting back out alive to a different reality. That was original. The winner ingredient is the connection between the unexplained and how it may appear to us in this reality.

To annoy Wizdom some more. :D The time and relativity thing is stolen from the movie Contact. The swiss knife robot concept and the artificial gravity spacecraft stolen from a movie about a mission to mars starring Val Kilmer (forgot its name). The cool pilot and piloting skillz part from The Right Stuff. The cryogenic hibernation is also stolen from Event Horizon. The list goes on.

Verdict? All the awesomeness combined in a single flick. Not a whole lot of replay value though, because of all the predictably sad story twists.

Also just watched Fury, since I've undertaken a small contract I've got so much spare time in an office full of vacant computers, bandwidth and screens staring at me with puppy eyes 24/7. I'm going to review it. :P

Well it may be a hot action flick. Its full of profanities. Its full of short sightedness, hatred, bias and spectacularly filmed violence. It tries to recreate the same environment as is expected of movies depicting the German occupied France and Western European countryside, like Saving Private ryan. Must be fun to watch for young boys. Brad Pitt is at it again, with his American zeal against American enemies, the arch villains and everything wrong with humanity even if almost a hundred years old now. This time around he has got a upgraded Sherman "Firefly" tank named "Fury". He is back in the "nazi killin' business" and business is good. For Brad Pitt's fans it is his peculiar acting and style alone that makes the movie worth watching. Hats off to him for providing quality entertainment to the people.

If such movies gets dubbed exactly word for word, including translated profanities, they can provide a lot of comedy too perhaps. Because second after second someone will jump and say: "Procreation!" regardless the nature of their experience.

From the utmost awesomeness of Braveheart to the lowest of the low twilight , where would you put interstellar?

I'd have to watch it first. I'm waiting for a HD print to come along.