Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Chaotic Muslem

What Have You Watched Recently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

Welcome to the club, bro.

However... I am curious about your rating. Why just 9 out of 10?

Also: what are the other two animes that you wre so immersed in the experience? I'm always on the lookout for new series.

Just a 9? Bro, a 9/10 anime for me is outstanding. It's one of the best series this medium has got to offer. It's themes are tackled excellently. The writing is superb. The more superficial aspects [art/animation/sound] are also of fantastic quality, and it's flaws are heavily overshadowed by the positives. It's one of my all-time favourites. Kaiji did all of this...but there were a few minor problems which I can go into properly once I've completed season 2.

But a 10/10 is in its own league. It's the crème de la crème of anime and presents everything in a flawless fashion. It's not 100% perfect (nothing ever is), but it's so good my bias prevents me from giving it any lower a score.

Having watched a couple of hundred anime, there's only two that I've given a 10 - 'Monster' and 'FMA: Brotherhood'. I hold the former as the best anime I've ever seen, and the latter the best shounen I've seen. There are two series which I still need to watch. And from what I've heard about them, they'll probably get a 10 as well - 'Legend of the Galactic Heroes' and 'The Tatami Galaxy'. There's nothing as good as these two in any medium (or so I've heard) - even the anime elitists (who have often watched 1000+ titles and are quite harsh in judgement) hold these two titles (especially the former) as the BEST anime of ALL time. 

...anyway, I'd highly highly recommend 'Monster' and 'FMA: Brotherhood' (although this is a hit or miss if you don't like shounen, which probably isn't the case considering that legend in your signature.

Other recommendations (some of my personal favourites from various genres)

• Baccano (a 'rule of cool' type show)
  • Hunter X Hunter 2011 (2nd best shounen imo)
  • Hajime no Ippo (Sports)
  • Parasyte (Psychological/Sci-Fi/Drama) 
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Action/Adventure - watch this for a dose of manliness) 
  • Gungrave (Action/Drama/Gangster)
  • Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin (Seinen/Drama/Thriller)
  • Shiki (Vampire/Horror/Mystery)
  • Barakamon (Comedy/Slice of Life)
  • Hellsing Ultimate (Vampire/Horror/Seinen/Action/Military)
  • Berserk (Dark Fantasy/Horror/Drama/Adventure/Seinen/Romance/Demons - definitely not for everybody)

Movies:

• Sword of the Stranger (witness the best sword fights in any anime ever)
  • Redline (witness the most heart-pumping car races in any anime ever)
  • Tsumiki no Ie (only 12 mins long - profound and beautiful) 

The Walking Dead fans. Season 6 has resumed. I watched episode 9 and I think it's masterpiece. Much more than just zombies and survival drama. It delves into human psychology and forces the viewer to evaluate her positions on moral questions about life and self-preservation. 

Looking forward to more.

TWD_S6B_Official_Key_Art.thumb.jpg.f934d

Edited by Marbles

35 minutes ago, Marbles said:

The Walking Dead fans. Season 6 has resumed. I watched episode 9 and I think it's masterpiece. Much more than just zombies and survival drama. It delves into human psychology and forces the viewer to evaluate her positions on moral questions about life and self-preservation. 

Looking forward to more.

TWD_S6B_Official_Key_Art.thumb.jpg.f934d

Yeah...THAT scene was shocking. 

the life of General Qasem Soleimani is now a movie: Bodyguard (2016)

iran-filmi-bodyguard-2016-yakinda-sinema

Ibrahim Hatami-kia who is famous for his war and action movies, especially for "Che" (2014), shot his new film: Bodyguard (2016).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5460508/ 

http://www.sourehcinema.com/Title/Title.aspx?id=139403090000 (Iranian version of IMDB)

http://news.yahoo.com/gen-soleimani-brand-iranian-hero-nationalist-times-130001269.html?nhp=1 (News)

I will definitely see it.

Edited by Khudayar

About Chinese housing policy, specifically about urbanisation and getting farmers to move to cities. The focus is on one city, Orbos and the change in lifestyle for some farmers.

Quite an insight into how a government and its employees operate, that's quite different to the way most of us live.

the_land_of_many_places_poster.jpg?m=142

Rewatched:

MV5BMjA0NjE1ODEyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDIz

Its a great movie. So intellectual in a sense. There is next to no haraam in it except language at a point or two. There are some generic human characters in it. Daniel Plainview is your typical money worshipper. H.W. is the typical young undergrowth surviving under the shade of giants and in a world shaped by them. Eli the preacher is many things, the priest / mullah, the contrarion, the prodigy. Henry, the expendable worker and other servants who pass away in service and forever remain unsung. Lastly, it shows us how the economy and religion work and who is running it. Man never changes.

Edited by Darth Vader