Chaotic Muslem

What Have You Watched Recently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

On 2/23/2018 at 6:49 PM, von Lohengramm said:

Image result for Diriliş: Ertuğrul

Diriliş: Ertuğrul (2014-ongoing).

Can't believe I never found out about this sooner. Centres around Erturgrul, the father of the founder of the Ottoman Empire and part of the 13th-century (Muslim) Oghuz Turkic people.

I'm only on season one (out of four) but loving it. No edgelord gimmicks (nudity, gratuitous violence) like you find in similar shows of its genre, and Islamically safe to watch.

You can watch it free here with English subs: http://wlext.net/series/dirilis-ertugrul-season-1?server=openloadco&episode=001 And if your in doubt, I can guarantee you'll be hooked within the first five mins of episode one.

Update. I finished the first 76 episodes (two seasons) in a week and a half. The rating? Must-watch-before-you-die-especially-if-you're-a-Muslim/10.

Seriously, I didn't think there was a show like this out there, and it's the best thing I've ever seen.

All episodes are available on Netflix. Worth getting a membership just for this!

It's just one of those things, but I'd never really considered that NASA was affected by segregation. But of course, it was. An inspiring story. Also realised that a computer was a human being who computed, the application of the noun to a machine came later.

58b876ae0795a.jpg

7 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

It's just one of those things, but I'd never really considered that NASA was affected by segregation. But of course, it was. An inspiring story. Also realised that a computer was a human being who computed, the application of the noun to a machine came later.

58b876ae0795a.jpg

I loved this film a lot. Especially the emotional scene where the girl in the middle literally exploded for not being treated right.

On 3/7/2018 at 11:57 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Hmm. I watched it online with Amazon Prime. But you can watch it here, looks like a very good print, don't know if it is pirated.

https://sovietmoviesonline.com/drama/622-salyut-7.html

salyut.jpeg.62c9b8e50a3d64821e4a6c684e990c2c.jpeg

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation. Definitely better than most of what comes out of Hollywood. Acting, writing, sets, effects, all flawless. I want to add a DVD of this to my small collection to watch again at any time. 

55 minutes ago, notme said:

It was terrifying.  Watch it.

Well, not to me. l just finished it. Some comments:

--continuing, rightly said "expanding", at 1' (minute) people are more paranoid about technology than Alah-s.w.t.

--@~10'  people negotiate with machines ---l find more it more an "adapting"

-- @~11' data assimilation --yet unlike polling there are no estimates of error

-- @~14' Using algorithms developed in the 1980s  --so there is a block on this development

-- @ ? Al is not understanding "how the World works", but how it is linked

-- @33' Nat'l leader, et alii, may use Al 'solutions' as an easy way to make decisions

-- @ 58' TayAl became "a terrible person" because it had no reference base

-- @ 59' "Facebook is the elephant in the room" [which has over 2 billion users], and is limited to comfirmational biases.

--@ 1:03 Cambridge Analytica lecture with Ted Cruz using their services; film's comment that we now have "real time management of a population" by individual targeting ....reminded me of Ray Bradbury's Farhenheit 451 's character Mildred Montag (name changed to 'Linda' for the 1966 movie) who has a TV family (now, substitute in Smartphone family) who has the Mildred Moment of being validated with a hokey TV show.

Fauda (Netflix) About how Palestinian resistance and IDF play...........very INTENSE..

The Terror- An arctic expedition gone wrong in 1845....

Edited by Wahdat

:salam:

So sick about those channels playing 80s and 90s movies. Everytime I turn on the TV for other than casting YouTube videos, I end up losing my evening and going to bed late.

Today was Jumanji.

Lately, Lethal Weapon, Coming to America, Die hard. And other classics you just cannot ditch !

TV was 'bad' last night. Nothing l wanted to watch or listen to.

Digging out an old 2007 off-air VHS tape, l put that in and saw among other things the PBS 26March 2007 "Wide Angle" "Pilgrimage to Karbala" which an interview with Vali Nasr, author of The Shi'a Revival and the Naval Post Graduate School.

23 hours ago, hasanhh said:

TV was 'bad' last night. Nothing l wanted to watch or listen to.

You might like this. Not only is it really informative and 'different' but also eminently soothing and relaxing.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/

The link takes you to the English language site for the Japanese state broadcaster NHK.

They have tons of watchable documentaries and especially the ones of about traditional Japanese culture show how form, process and etiquette can be brought into any aspect of life, no matter how mundane.

Jesus (a.s.) they even make the consumption of having yesterday's leftover rice soaked in tea together with some pickles seem like a high art form.

I've previously mentioned how commonsensemedia.org can be used by parents to vet media (books & films etc.) to ensure that they are appropriate for children.

One of the books that I found through the site and the children enjoyed was "Wonder", about a boy living with a physical deformity. It's been made into a film which is also very good.

Wonder_(film).png

5 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

You might like this. Not only is it really informative and 'different' but also eminently soothing and relaxing.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/

The link takes you to the English language site for the Japanese state broadcaster NHK.

They have tons of watchable documentaries and especially the ones of about traditional Japanese culture show how form, process and etiquette can be brought into any aspect of life, no matter how mundane.

Jesus (a.s.) they even make the consumption of having yesterday's leftover rice soaked in tea together with some pickles seem like a high art form.

Thanx ... l wasn't aware of a documentary site even though l watch NHK almost daily.

l found another site but haven't perused it yet:  TechDocFest --FilmFreeway