Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Ok I have a question ........Is it acceptable to marry two women or more and expect those women to support themselves?

Also Is it acceptable for a man to expect support from his wives?

I have a close friend who once married a man mutah who had a permanent wife. The man was attracted to her because of her religious behavior she wore hijab and was willing to please her husband while his permanent wife did not wear hijab and was very oppinionate infact his permanent wife did not even know about my friend his mutah wife.

Anyways my friend was infactuated with this man and thought back then he was the closiest she could get to having someone love her.

The man would buy her household products and alot of time take products from his permanent wife's house to my friend.

When she realized he was not working and completely depending on his permanent wife she started to doubt how halal her marriage really was. Eventually she got sick and did not have her woman's cycle on time she became worried, she felt nausea. SHE went an got a pregnancy test. She told Her temporary husband about it and he told her he would love to have a baby with her but he could not support the baby and that if his permanent wife found out she would kick him out the house and if their community found out she could ruin him socially and he had already made her promise not to tell people about their secret marriage.

Well she found out she was not pregnant "lucky" for her. And She did not renew her mutah contract after that.

I wonder is it acceptable for a man to marry women and depend on them financially and let them raise their own children?

I am a little confused - do you mean:

Is it acceptable for women in a polygamous situation to support themselves?

Is it acceptable for a man to expect support from his wives? …for his personal needs?

Your friend was in mutah with a man who had a permanent wife. He made her promise to keep it secret.

He bought her household products and brought household products from his permanent wife's house. [romantic gestures…???]

When the woman thought she was pregnant, he was clear that even though he would like the baby, he would not support it and it would have to be kept secret.

The man did not work and was supported by his permanent wife.

Your friend did not renew the mutah contract.

Is it acceptable for a man to be financially dependent on his wife(wives) and have them raise (be financially responsible…?) their own children?

Edited by Maryaam

Guest Zahratul_Islam

Ok I have a question ........Is it acceptable to marry two women or more and expect those women to support themselves?

Also Is it acceptable for a man to expect support from his wives?

I have a close friend who once married a man mutah who had a permanent wife. The man was attracted to her because of her religious behavior she wore hijab and was willing to please her husband while his permanent wife did not wear hijab and was very oppinionate infact his permanent wife did not even know about my friend his mutah wife.

Anyways my friend was infactuated with this man and thought back then he was the closiest she could get to having someone love her.

The man would buy her household products and alot of time take products from his permanent wife's house to my friend.

When she realized he was not working and completely depending on his permanent wife she started to doubt how halal her marriage really was. Eventually she got sick and did not have her woman's cycle on time she became worried, she felt nausea. SHE went an got a pregnancy test. She told Her temporary husband about it and he told her he would love to have a baby with her but he could not support the baby and that if his permanent wife found out she would kick him out the house and if their community found out she could ruin him socially and he had already made her promise not to tell people about their secret marriage.

Well she found out she was not pregnant "lucky" for her. And She did not renew her mutah contract after that.

I wonder is it acceptable for a man to marry women and depend on them financially and let them raise their own children?

Edited by Zahratul_Islam

As far as I know in mutah there is no responsibility for man to take care of woman in food and shelter etc.But if woman give birth to baby then it will be responsilbility of man to take to care of that baby financially.

May be I didnot post 100% correct fatwa.As I mentioned as far as I know.

As far as I know in mutah there is no responsibility for man to take care of woman in food and shelter etc.But if woman give birth to baby then it will be responsilbility of man to take to care of that baby financially.

May be I didnot post 100% correct fatwa.As I mentioned as far as I know.

Edited by ImAli