Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hate For Syeds

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Hi, there have been soo many posts and topics on syeds, specially from non syeds complaining and comparing syeds to themselves. It's ashame these kind of non-syeds feel like this towards syeds, now many will reply saying they do not hate syeds they love them, but that infact is the minority, most non-syeds specially the ones from the western world will feel angered and animosity against syeds. All these western values of equality and discrimination run through their hearts and minds, they feel and label syed as a cast system when they know very wel it is not, they call it backwards when they know it has nothing to do with being backwards but a branch of their own religion. They will call it indo pak traditions (again implying it is a cast system).

they do not realise syeds too have feelings and are human too, just because the prophet (saW) of islam has given syeds a special rank,status of respect and conditions, it does not give people, specially non syeds a chance to build hate for syeds.

enemies will remain on this earth, haters of maula (saw) and their sons, there will be people who will use religion for their own advantages.

i have just posted this to highlight, people do cause a great deal of pain to syeds from what they say/judge and this does effect many syeds. I know of many syeds who have been victims of hate purely for being syeds from shia brethrins, im sure many syeds on this site will know where i am comming from and it would be great to hear from you if you have been a target due to beind syed. It also goes out to syeds too who treat non-syeds at a lower level, this is incorrect and also needs attention as this causes pains to non-syeds. This hate is contagious .

I am not posting this topic to begin a syed and non-syed debate but to state that syeds too are effected by what the non syed world says about them.

thank you

Edited by alialiali
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out curiosity, what does the title under your username mean "question me and you'll question your faith". Is it related to what you have in your sig "the truth is with a syed from his syeds"? And I

I'm syed. I still find your post disrespectful and belittling. I agree with macissac. Just because you or I are Syed doesn't make us any more worthy of respect. It should force us to hold ourselves up

"If someone's deeds lowers his position, their pedigree will not elevate it" Imam Ali (as)

Just bc ur sayed, doesnt make u any better than non sayyed.

The truth is only with the infallibles not with every sayyed.

And yes there r many non sayyed who r way better than sayyed ppl. :)

No1 hates sayyed pl..but when sayyed ppl try to act superior we give them their own medicine.

Imam Ali - we may throw the stone back from where it has been thrown and that evil cannot be repelled except by evil.

Edited by behayaat
  • Veteran Member
just because the prophet (saW) of islam has given syeds a special rank,status of respect and conditions, it does not give people, specially non syeds a chance to build hate for syeds..

Can you provide a reference for this from Quran to state Sayeds position in Sharia?

I believe there shouldn't be a special hate against Sayeds or any special love towards Sayeds. It is really complicated to tell who is a Sayed too. Today, there are many Sayeds who can provide references that they are Sayed with all those huge son of this and son of that list... but then they say they are Sunni and love Omar or Muhawiya for example.. There are Sayeds who do things in their daily life worse than Kuffar, I have seen many of them.. now you tell me they are any better than pious non-Sayeds?

Bro/Sis I even don't think you are a Sayed, just here to make stupid topics... even if you are and your intentions are good, then I suggest you to know more about Islam. Islam is not a joke or a family business. It is a true religion that began with Adam and ended with the last prophet. Do a little bit research to learn Islam for as a true religion... not because it is left for your from your grandfathers... there is no difference between you and a tribal guy who follows his/her ancestors way of life without knowing the goodness or the badness of their traditions.

Btw: yes, lately I have seen many racist comments on this forum who generalize and insult people categorically, like insulting the entire Sayeds, Iraqis, Lebanese and etc..

• Advanced Member
they do not realise syeds too have feelings and are human too, just because the prophet (saW) of islam has given syeds a special rank,status of respect and conditions, it does not give people, specially non syeds a chance to build hate for syeds.

Have you read about the rank the Prophet (pbuh) gave to people who are arrogant?

Edited by Replicant
  • Advanced Member

Can you provide a reference for this from Quran to state Sayeds position in Sharia?

I believe there shouldn't be a special hate against Sayeds or any special love towards Sayeds. It is really complicated to tell who is a Sayed too. Today, there are many Sayeds who can provide references that they are Sayed with all those huge son of this and son of that list... but then they say they are Sunni and love Omar or Muhawiya for example.. There are Sayeds who do things in their daily life worse than Kuffar, I have seen many of them.. now you tell me they are any better than pious non-Sayeds?

Bro/Sis I even don't think you are a Sayed, just here to make stupid topics... even if you are and your intentions are good, then I suggest you to know more about Islam. Islam is not a joke or a family business. It is a true religion that began with Adam and ended with the last prophet. Do a little bit research to learn Islam for as a true religion... not because it is left for your from your grandfathers... there is no difference between you and a tribal guy who follows his/her ancestors way of life without knowing the goodness or the badness of their traditions.

Btw: yes, lately I have seen many racist comments on this forum who generalize and insult people categorically, like insulting the entire Sayeds, Iraqis, Lebanese and etc..

again, i have not posted this to cause some kind of debate,

You don't believe in syeds? or do you deny to say they are different in order to win an unacalled for debate? get out the habbit of debates, read a hadith about debating, if you haven't already. It seems like your questioning and denying to believe in hadiths that speak of syeds? i do not know your religion if its not the same as mines, nor am i going to confess and say i do not know my own. I am not here to judge you nor are you on this earth to judge me....

why do you then believe there is such thing called syed? its not in the quran? why do you in your words feel they are different in some way, when you want evidences of their existence and differencs? you also know very wel, more then i do a syed has differnet conditions such as zakat conditions, khums conditions, respects, you are stating you have no belief in syeds and these differences? if i said to you there is no evidence in the quran, will you then ignore the hadiths about syeds just to win a debate? or would you continue to believe in them as you do now? the SPEAKING QURAN (saw) has told you (hadiths) to respect syeds and theres mcuh about syeds which you may not know. Why question what you already know the answer to? and ask questions that may help you rather then others.

so again back to the topic, any syeds who feel they have been victimised and even discrimated for being syeds? im sure theres many who are afraid to voice up on here because of all the negativity.

can you not see fromt hese replies im recieving that there is much hate for syeds?

thanks

• Advanced Member

Out curiosity, what does the title under your username mean "question me and you'll question your faith". Is it related to what you have in your sig "the truth is with a syed from his syeds"? And I suppose you consider yourself a syed too?

Put all those together (if they are meant to be connected) you might understand where some of the negativity you're feeling is coming from.

question me and you'l question your faith, nothing deep about this saying, its just there because it sounds good.

the truth has also been passed down from maula (saW) to son and soo on, so surely there is a true syed out there with the truth on his side.

• Veteran Member

question me and you'l question your faith, nothing deep about this saying, its just there because it sounds good.

the truth has also been passed down from maula (saW) to son and soo on, so surely there is a true syed out there with the truth on his side.

Yup, it's with our Imam ÚÌøá Çááøå ÝÑÌå ÇáÔÑíÝ

• Veteran Member

again, i have not posted this to cause some kind of debate,

You don't believe in syeds? or do you deny to say they are different in order to win an unacalled for debate? get out the habbit of debates, read a hadith about debating, if you haven't already. It seems like your questioning and denying to believe in hadiths that speak of syeds? i do not know your religion if its not the same as mines, nor am i going to confess and say i do not know my own. I am not here to judge you nor are you on this earth to judge me....

why do you then believe there is such thing called syed? its not in the quran? why do you in your words feel they are different in some way, when you want evidences of their existence and differencs? you also know very wel, more then i do a syed has differnet conditions such as zakat conditions, khums conditions, respects, you are stating you have no belief in syeds and these differences? if i said to you there is no evidence in the quran, will you then ignore the hadiths about syeds just to win a debate? or would you continue to believe in them as you do now? the SPEAKING QURAN (saw) has told you (hadiths) to respect syeds and theres mcuh about syeds which you may not know. Why question what you already know the answer to? and ask questions that may help you rather then others.

so again back to the topic, any syeds who feel they have been victimised and even discrimated for being syeds? im sure theres many who are afraid to voice up on here because of all the negativity.

can you not see fromt hese replies im recieving that there is much hate for syeds?

thanks

I see your name and read your posts for the first time here. You typed 1 page of nonsense without answering anything I asked you. Now, you tell me to read hadith in order to learn something about a debate? First of all who called for a debate? You are just another 'fake' who wants to waste our time here.

I am no Sayid. But I have deep respect for good, humble, religious Sayeds and I have come across some very humble ones. And I have seen a lot of Sayeds who are/were humble, like Sayed Sistani, Sayid Mohamad Baqir Hakeem, Sayed Shirazi, Sayed Khomaini, Sayed Ismail Balkhi, Sayed Khoi etc.

Even non-Sayed scholars like Vahid Khorasani talk to Sayeds with the words "your mother Fatima Zahra".

Furthermore there are Islamic rulings which go for Sayeds and don't go for non-Sayeds like a Sayed is not allowed to take Zakah.

Edited by Shiabro
  • Advanced Member

I wonder how many syeds out there actually have any proof of their lineage...

Many have,atleast i do. :)

Btw I don't want to be party of any,Allah has given respect to Syeds by giving them honour to be related with Infallibles(as) through blood,but it's upto Syed whether he/she maintains his/her honour or not.

As Imam(as) says that Syed will get a double reward for good deed,and double punishment for bad one,so we are at advantage,and disadvantage both.

There is no doubt in honour ,Allah has given them,but it doesn't guarantee them higher places in hereafter,

Edited by Kaniz e Zahra
  • Advanced Member

its funny how if one was to quote a few hadiths about syeds, most people would stop debating and the heat would turn into a cool breeze.

Using hadiths to go against syeds? there are no hadiths or evidences in the quran that say syeds are bad, rather there are hadiths proving the opposite, I am not talking about bad syed good syed, i am discussing about hate for syeds, why do you find it hard to accept GOOD (for argument sake) syeds are victimised, hated, discriminated for being syeds.

to know one is syed, he will have to know his forefathers are syed, so yes the syed will be aware of his lineage and will be happy to know this, it is not bad news to know your syed. and to share with others you are syed is not a bad thing.

the responses i have recieved are from wrong/negative, knowledgable people who have just flooded the topic with posts full of hate for bad syeds, they imply that syeds are bad only? this much hate for syeds? is there an issue with common sense here? this is just proving how much negativity is out there for syeds. How about saying one good thing about syeds, even referencing a nice hadith about maulas S(aW) sayings on syeds? you cannot access these kinds of hadiths? is it because you've not heard of them or your not willnig to look at them or show people?

please stop hating syeds and just like you show respect to one another, your families, brothers sisters, daughters, sons, parents, (note each respect is on its own level) also show syeds of the respect your prophet (saw) said to give them.

there have been some good replies, in here too, thank you to those people i appreciate it.

Edited by alialiali
  • Veteran Member

Furthermore there are Islamic rulings which go for Sayeds and don't go for non-Sayeds like a Sayed is not allowed to take Zakah.

Bro, this has nothing to do with respect, being better Muslims or going to paradise without any visa or entry! Sayeds do not take zakah and that makes them better human being? A drunk, sinner and 100s of other crimes nowadays these so called Sayeds commit actually make them any better than a pious non-Sayed?

• Advanced Member

I wonder how many claimants would be shocked to realize their ancestors were actually converted Hindus without a trace of the Banu Hashim in them...

Brother macissac i will differ on this point,such Syeds are those,who at the time of participation of indo-pak claimed to be syeds,and they are mostly known as sunni syeds,Shias did have their family trees,and they had whole lineage of Syed Saints too.Who traced their roots to mid-east,and Imams(as),and is recorded in history of sub-continent by unbiased sources. Edited by Kaniz e Zahra
  • Advanced Member

also show syeds of the respect your prophet (saw) said to give them.

Are you SERIOUSLY comparing the respect you think you deserve to the respect the Prophet said to show his family. You wanna know why THEY were shown respect!? The Prophet had garbage thrown at his holy head by a Jewish woman and he went to see to her wellness when she was sick. THAT deserves respect.

Bibi Sakina laid on her father's headless body, crying for him to wake up but never questioning Allah. THAT deserves respect.

Bibi Fatimaa was Syeda but used to do all of her own housework. She used to treat her servants like sisters. THAT deserves respect.

Imam Ali gave charity in the state of Ruku. THAT IS DESERVING OF RESPECT.

Seriously, at this point, just shut up.

• Advanced Member

Are you SERIOUSLY comparing the respect you think you deserve to the respect the Prophet said to show his family. You wanna know why THEY were shown respect!? The Prophet had garbage thrown at his holy head by a Jewish woman and he went to see to her wellness when she was sick. THAT deserves respect.

Bibi Sakina laid on her father's headless body, crying for him to wake up but never questioning Allah. THAT deserves respect.

Bibi Fatimaa was Syeda but used to do all of her own housework. She used to treat her servants like sisters. THAT deserves respect.

Seriously, at this point, just shut up just shut up .

you have misunderstood the topic and the hadiths we are talking about, we are not talking about the ahlubeit (saw). We are speaking of hadiths that are specific for the syeds, the decendents of the imams (saw).

Unless you haven't ever heard of these before? And just for your clarification, the justification of respect you give to the ahlubeit (saW) due to these reasons you have provided above is not complete. Did you not respect maula Ali (saw) at his (saw) birth? before the zakat event? did you not respect bibi(sa) before these events of karbala took place? if  yes, why do you give these examples to justify giving respect to them (saw)? they (saw) obviously are different from us. And Allah (swt) created the world due to thier (saw) love. So respect is due from them (saw)  whether you give it only today, tomorrow or yesterday, they (saw) are the OWNERS of respect.

And again a cheeky reminder, you have also been told to respect your mother (i hope you don't start an argument with this too), unless you feel, you'd rather go against the prophets (saW) saying and ignore this?

back to the topic, any syeds here feel they are victimised, discriminated, stereotyped, abused even for being syeds?

No one hates sayyeds, but this is certainly why people are mean to this particular member

you could be right there.... i think i should have changed that before i set this topic up lol, but, again maybe this signature is possibly a fact and not just an opinion... you never know....

you could be right there.... i think i should have changed that before i set this topic up lol, but, again maybe this signature is possibly a fact and not just an opinion... you never know....

Careful when heads grow too large they tend to explode....it's quite dangerous.

• Advanced Member

you have misunderstood the topic and the hadiths we are talking about, we are not talking about the ahlubeit (saw). We are speaking of hadiths that are specific for the syeds, the decendents of the imams (saw).

My point with that was not to compare us to Them. My point is to say they deserve respect by the very nature of their existence. They are the reason this Universe was created. etc. And yet look at their humbleness. Look at their lives. That was my point. Second of all, the point you made about respecting mothers. Of course you should respect your mother, because the pain and hardship the mother takes in order to bring you into this world. She carries you in her stomach for 9 months, feeds you out of her own nourishment, and then goes through unbearable pain to bring you into this world.

My point is that unless you are not masoomien. Until you and I show that we deserve respect with our actions and intentions, we will not and should not get it. Such respect is reserved only for those who have shown they're deserving of respect. the Holy people are deserving of respect by their very existence.

Did you not respect maula Ali (saw) at his (saw) birth? before the zakat event? did you not respect bibi(sa) before these events of karbala took place? if  yes, why do you give these examples to justify giving respect to them (saw)? they (saw) obviously are different from us. And Allah (swt) created the world due to thier (saw) love. So respect is due from them (saw)  whether you give it only today, tomorrow or yesterday, they (saw) are the OWNERS of respect.

Imam Ali (as) was born inside the Kaba. Hazrat Maryam wasn't even given that right. Prophet Muhammad (SAWW) used to stand in respect for Bibi Fatima (as). When Imam Hassan and Hussain used to cry, Prophet (SAWW) would get upset, saying to Fatima (as) that he does not like to hear the cries of these two children. When Imam Hassan mounted the back of the Prophet during Sajdah, He prolonged the prostration so as not to upset His grandson.

Allah (SWT) shows time and time again that these are the characteristics that He looks for in a person. Of course, we being corrupted and undeserving will never achieve the caliber of character.

I do not bring up Ahlul'Bayt to (God Forbid) compare Them to ANY of us. I'm just showing you why the Prophet says to respect THEM without putting any condition on it.

When it comes to Syeds today, you have to be deserving of that respect. For example, if I see a Syed who is humble, kind, and a true momin, it warms my heart to know that there are people in that lineage who are still pure. No one is doubting that there are Syeds and Syedas with beautiful hearts. But their beauty comes from the respect they demand by their actions, not their words.

And to be honest, you are the one who is causing people to disrespect the Syed lineage by creating such posts.

• Advanced Member

My point with that was not to compare us to Them. My point is to say they deserve respect by the very nature of their existence. They are the reason this Universe was created. etc. And yet look at their humbleness. Look at their lives. That was my point. Second of all, the point you made about respecting mothers. Of course you should respect your mother, because the pain and hardship the mother takes in order to bring you into this world. She carries you in her stomach for 9 months, feeds you out of her own nourishment, and then goes through unbearable pain to bring you into this world.

My point is that unless you are not masoomien. Until you and I show that we deserve respect with our actions and intentions, we will not and should not get it. Such respect is reserved only for those who have shown they're deserving of respect. the Holy people are deserving of respect by their very existence.

Imam Ali (as) was born inside the Kaba. Hazrat Maryam wasn't even given that right. Prophet Muhammad (SAWW) used to stand in respect for Bibi Fatima (as). When Imam Hassan and Hussain used to cry, Prophet (SAWW) would get upset, saying to Fatima (as) that he does not like to hear the cries of these two children. When Imam Hassan mounted the back of the Prophet during Sajdah, He prolonged the prostration so as not to upset His grandson.

Allah (SWT) shows time and time again that these are the characteristics that He looks for in a person. Of course, we being corrupted and undeserving will never achieve the caliber of character.

I do not bring up Ahlul'Bayt to (God Forbid) compare Them to ANY of us. I'm just showing you why the Prophet says to respect THEM without putting any condition on it.

When it comes to Syeds today, you have to be deserving of that respect. For example, if I see a Syed who is humble, kind, and a true momin, it warms my heart to know that there are people in that lineage who are still pure. No one is doubting that there are Syeds and Syedas with beautiful hearts. But their beauty comes from the respect they demand by their actions, not their words.

And to be honest, you are the one who is causing people to disrespect the Syed lineage by creating such posts.

Again your justifying respect of a mother because of what she has done for her kids, this is not again the only reason why you shouold respect your mother..... theres other reasons and theres things you cannot question,, if your mother is good or bad, she still deserves respect from you. However, if your mother is telling you somthing against what maula (SaW) is saying, Allah (swt) says then listen to us (swt) and not your mother as you're born from your mother, but i (swt) created you and your mother.

I didn't accuse you of comparing Ahlulbeit (saw) to us. but your answers have been close to thiis, you are giving reasonings to why Allah (swt) rasolilah (saw) said to respect mothers, when you know not why. I have spoken to you in a decent humane, mature, manner, where as you have in your previous replies been quite rude towards me, many of the people have been very rude and imature about the topic here.they are all very knowledgable, But the thing that im astouded by is, most of you actually from your hearts agree with what i am saying, but simply cannot type it on here.

I maybe arrogant again i will not confess this to the people, but, respect is a very important part in our religion, if one fails to respect (instead lowers it even) a deserving person what is due for him, then this person becomes unjust to the deserving man, a momin, a shia of maula (saw) does his best to avoid injustice. If you all were humble and good shias, you wouldn't be feeding back negative points about syeds, rather you would welcome this topic and positively contribute towards spreading respect and love amongst syeds and non-syeds.

I have only opened this topic to syeds and how their life experiences have been for being syeds, but people ahve simply flooded this topic with hate for syeds and replies to try and prove i am arrogant and a bad syed, i have not replied or said anything abd to anyone fo you.

if your prophet (saw) said in a hadith, "respect my pious in my progney for the sake of Allah (swt) and respect the sinners in my progney because of Me (saw)" would you still not respect syeds?

All the negative feedback im having here is what alot of syeds get from people, so it truely shows the scale of stereotypical, judgmental views people hold.

i hope the replies that have been posted on here, haven't put other syed members off in voicing their experinces and feelings.

thanks once again

Edited by alialiali