In the Name of God بسم الله

Exposing Yassir Al-Habib

Rate this topic

Guest Mushu

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

The topic is whether ShiaChat considers Yasir Habib a religious authority or even maybe an enemy of Allah Ta'ala. 

No it isn’t. This thread was created to expose a controversial speaker by mentioning his own statements. Read the OP. How does that translate into “whether ShiaChat considers”?

23 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

It doesn't make a difference eitherway because cursing him is against the rules. 

Perhaps if the rules were enforced, I wouldn't need to point the abuse out.

What does or doesn’t break the rules is not your call. 

If you have anything to say about Habib specifically (like his statements), comment on them. Otherwise, post on another topic.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, TryHard said:

I have seen it next to sayed Sistani(ha) here it depends on the post you look at but it standS for hafithuhullah (God protect him) like when someone asks for the Marja’s life to be prolonged. It’s a way to show respect to the marja. 

Oh, okay I have heard people saying 'May Allah prolong his life' when mentioning Ayatullah Sistani's name. However, what I have never heard is an Ayt Sistani follower cursing or sending Lanah on other Shia figures like Ayt. Khamnei followers do. 

• Advanced Member
Just now, starlight said:

Oh, okay I have heard people saying 'May Allah prolong his life' when mentioning Ayatullah Sistani's name. However, what I have never heard is an Ayt Sistani follower cursing or sending Lanah on other Shia figures like Ayt. Khamnei followers do. 

It depends on the ones you meet Iv'e known Sistani (ha) followers that don't like Yasir Habib very much either. To be fair though I have never seen people sending lanaah on public figures like Imam Khamenei (ha) and others the way Yasir habib and Sadiq shirazi followers do. watch this video for further details then come and call me the violent cursing one. https://www.shiatv.net/video/296538925 

Also how do you embed the video @ShiaChat Mod or @starlight?

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, TryHard said:

I have never seen people sending lanaah on public figures like Imam Khamenei (ha) and others the way Yasir habib and Sadiq shirazi followers do

If you believe this is wrong or detestable then why do you stoop down to their level? 

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, starlight said:

If you believe this is wrong or detestable then why do you stoop down to their level? 

simple, I think its wrong to the people they do it too not that la'an on evil scholars is bad. God curses a scholar in the Qur'an by calling him a kalb (dog). Cursing and condemning evil scholars is part of our duty. Also on a side note I was a Shirazi I used to watch YH videos all the time and had a good laugh so you can say I still got a little bit of it in me but I just direct that anger in a different way now.

Also do you mind telling me how to embed shiatv videos @Hameedeh or anyone? would be much appreciated

Edited by TryHard

• Moderators
On 1/27/2020 at 11:03 PM, TryHard said:

Cursing and condemning evil scholars is part of our duty.

The followers of Ayatullah Shirazi could bring up the same argument when cursing Ayatullah Khamenei. I see no difference between you two.

You can stop cursing oppressors and killers of Fatima(عليه السلام) but it's more difficult for you to stop cursing other Shias?? 

• Advanced Member
On 1/27/2020 at 11:12 PM, starlight said:

The followers of Ayatullah Shirazi could bring up the same argument when cursing Ayatullah Khamenei. I see no difference between you two.

You can stop cursing oppressors and killers of Fatima(عليه السلام) but it's more difficult for you to stop cursing other Shias?? 

I know they bring up the same argument thats my point all I'm saying is the people they do it to is wrong. IF they were sincere and paid closer attention they would see. Also we don't stop cursing killers of Fatima (عليه السلام) that is slander if that is the case tell me what this is for http://english.Khamenei.ir/photo/7327/The-first-evening-of-mourning-ceremony-on-martyrdom-of-Hazrat 

we just don't believe doing it in front of Sunnis on TV and elsewhere brings any benefit to us and helps the enemies sow division and create certain western back terrorist groups that cause death to Shia and Sunnis alike. 

7 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Saying Yassir Habib is controversial is one of the few non-controversial things we can say about him. 

Forget Yasir Habib for a second. Calling a whole group of followers a cult (Shirazi followers) and degrading them a thousand ways all over this site is allowed? If you want members to stop claiming that mods arent doing their jobs you should express clearly that cursing ANY Ayatollah (whether its shirazi, Khomeini or Sistani) is prohibited, and referring to any Shia as a cult simply because of their ayatollah is outright wrong. 

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

Forget Yasir Habib for a second. Calling a whole group of followers a cult (Shirazi followers) and degrading them a thousand ways all over this site is allowed? If you want members to stop claiming that mods arent doing their jobs you should express clearly that cursing ANY Ayatollah (whether its shirazi, Khomeini or Sistani) is prohibited, and referring to any Shia as a cult simply because of their ayatollah is outright wrong. 

Please discuss your concerns with mods privately.

• Advanced Member
On 1/21/2020 at 2:28 AM, 3wliya_maryam said:
  On 1/20/2020 at 9:18 PM, TryHard said:

you will see if you actaully have the knowledge and are not some Fadak tv crony

9 hours ago, TryHard said:

Also on a side note I was a Shirazi I used to watch YH videos all the time and had a good laugh so you can say I still got a little bit of it in me but I just direct that anger in a different way now.

Busted!

Looks like the Yasir Habib expose' actually exposed you! LOL 

Edited by Moalfas
Clarity

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, TryHard said:

I'm starting to think you have a point. 

What you only did was name calling, cursing other scholars, claiming Khamenei as infallible, labeling others as cult, etc. While you believe everyone should follow Sayyed Ali Khamenei and listen to you, other Shias think it is more important to follow Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). 

• Advanced Member
On 1/28/2020 at 7:39 AM, Moalfas said:

Busted!

Looks like the Yasir Habib expose' actually exposed you! LOL 

Allah guide us all. I try to  guide others who are also being misguided him and the shirazis. 

On 1/28/2020 at 11:06 AM, Sirius_Bright said:

What you only did was name calling, cursing other scholars, claiming Khamenei as infallible, labeling others as cult, etc. While you believe everyone should follow Sayyed Ali Khamenei and listen to you, other Shias think it is more important to follow Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). 

Again saying Ayatullah Khameni (ha) doesn't follow Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام) is something many people would consider name calling and disrespect itself. You refuse to engage in any discussion though. 

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, TryHard said:

Again saying Ayatullah Khameni (ha) doesn't follow Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام) is something many people would consider name calling and disrespect itself. 

Sorry to upset you again but I don't think following a particular Scholar can be same as following Holy Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). Cry me a river but many Shias just don't agree with it. 

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Sorry to upset you again but I don't think following a particular Scholar can be same as following Holy Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). Cry me a river but many Shias just don't agree with it. 

yes it is, for example lets forget about Ayatullah Khameni(ha) for a sec. What about following Sayed Sistani(ha) and doing taqleed in general to any qualified marja is that not considered following Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام)?  

Also my point was you can’t accuse me of disrespecting scholars and people only, when you have been doing it from the beginning of the discussion. Saying Imam Khamenei (ha) doesnt follow Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) would be considered disrespect to not only the marja but to his followers and those who respect him which are many people.

Edited by TryHard

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, TryHard said:

yes it is, for example lets forget about Ayatullah Khameni(ha) for a sec. What about following Sayed Sistani(ha) and doing taqleed in general to any qualified marja is that not considered following Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام)?  

Also my point was you can’t accuse me of disrespecting scholars and people only when you were doing it from the beginning of the discussion. Saying Imam Khamenei (ha) doesnt follow Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) would be considered disrespect to not only the marja but to his followers and those who respect him which are many people.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at such ignorance. 

• Advanced Member
19 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at such ignorance. 

how about you address my points? what parts do you think are ignorant? See this goes back to my point about you don't want to have any meaningful discussion or debate. I think everything you said so far is ignorant yet I have actually bothered to give you detailed responses unlike you.

Edited by TryHard
more info/grammer

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

Yeah, centuries ago I tried to convince these people then came to know, they won't agree until they want to. So, brother save your energy for the likes of me.

ya. Its frustrating you try to discuss and they wont address any point you made and instead just insult or say your marja is not a scholar or goes against Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام). Then when you strike back in a similar manner they play the whole "he is insulting and disrespecting our revered "scholar(s)"" card.

• Advanced Member
Just now, TryHard said:

how about you address my points? what parts do you think are ignorant? See this goes back to my point about you not wanting to have any meaningful discussion or debate. 

Meaningful discussion with you is not possible. I tried to answer from last couple of pages but you resort to name calling and being disrespectful to everyone. 

12 minutes ago, TryHard said:

Apple and oranges. For Taqleed, Imam (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) himself has asked us to follow the narrators of ahadith (Marja'a in modern terminology). That doesn't mean they're completely correct in every single thing. And it is even different when it comes to Aqaed. Scholars differ greatly in terms of Aqaed. Since it is not possible that Imam (عليه السلام) has told two different things, one scholar is definitely wrong. It does mean following a scholar ≠ following Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). As for Ali Khamenei, I have my reservations and so do other Shias and you should respect that. 

22 minutes ago, TryHard said:

Saying Imam Khamenei (ha) doesnt follow Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) would be considered disrespect to not only the marja but to his followers and those who respect him which are many people.

I didn't explicitly said so. If he does something it might be a way of Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام), next time he does something it might not be Ahlul Bayt's (عليهم اسلام) way. Not everyone believes in Ismah of Khamenei. So, get over it. 

1 minute ago, TryHard said:

ya. Its frustrating you try to discuss and they wont address any point you made and instead just insult or say your marja is not a scholar or goes against Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام). Then when you strike back in a similar manner they play the whole "he is insulting and disrespecting our revered "scholar(s)"" card.

It is shame to attack marajas. They lived pious and clean life and none have evidence to imply at any wrongs done by them. People should speak about themselves that what faults they have. I wish there be cities like Qom and Najaf in every country. I am raised in a country which is deprived of Marajas and I know better what importance they possess because I have seen what damage ignorance can cause you.

• Advanced Member
On 1/29/2020 at 3:52 AM, Sirius_Bright said:

Meaningful discussion with you is not possible. I tried to answer from last couple of pages but you resort to name calling and being disrespectful to everyone. 

I recall you doing that to my scholar comparing yourself to an ayatullah. I don't recall insulting you though. I ask you to quote me where I did that. 

On 1/29/2020 at 3:52 AM, Sirius_Bright said:

Apple and oranges. For Taqleed, Imam (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) himself has asked us to follow the narrators of ahadith (Marja'a in modern terminology). That doesn't mean they're completely correct in every single thing. And it is even different when it comes to Aqaed. Scholars differ greatly in terms of Aqaed. Since it is not possible that Imam (عليه السلام) has told two different things, one scholar is definitely wrong. It does mean following a scholar ≠ following Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). As for Ali Khamenei, I have my reservations and so do other Shias and you should respect that. 

That is my point though. Although I ask you to provide me proof on where that means marja specifically? It means scholars not necessarily maraji. The reason I say following scholars is following Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام) is partly because of the hadith like this one. The Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام) themselves say to follow them and turn to them. Also it is about following the right scholars if you follow the wrong ones than that hadith does not apply shirazis will agree with me here except they will disagree on the persons I am talking about. So we know following the right scholars is following Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام) cause we are following their commands. 

As for aqeeda generally our ulema disagreeing in aqeeda entirely for example our usool I deen are the same and we can learn that on our own.

but still even in aqeeda following the scholars is still following Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام)

for example yasir habib has disagreements in aqeeda with certain scholars (putting it lightly) but his followers will claim following him is following Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) cause they believe he has the correct aqeeda or as good as it can get (they are wrong though).  

My point is even with aqeeda we can still say following a scholar is following Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام) 

That hadith of Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام) is telling us to go to the scholars for all Islamic issues. 

Lastly NO I will never respect peoples negative views on Imam Khamenei(ha) just like shirazis will never respect Imam Khamenei(ha). Your reservations are unjustified.

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, TryHard said:

I recall you doing that to my scholar comparing yourself to an ayatullah. 

That was a joke. Even Shiachat Mod pointed out that was for laughter and not to be taken seriously. You don't get joke, do you?

10 minutes ago, TryHard said:

I don't recall insulting you though. I ask you to quote me where I did that

You are being disrespectful. Just read all your posts again and you'll understand... or maybe you won't understand because you think calling cult, Fadak TV crony, etc. are all respectful. 

13 minutes ago, TryHard said:

for example yasir habib has disagreements in aqeeda with certain scholars (putting it lightly) but his followers will claim following him is following Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) cause they believe he has the correct aqeeda or as good as it can get (they are wrong though).  

Yes. And you can agree/disagree with others based on Qur'an and Ahadith of Holy Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام) and not because 'my favorite scholar can't be wrong '. Everyone 'can be' wrong except Holy Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). 

17 minutes ago, TryHard said:

Lastly NO I will never respect peoples negative views on Imam Khamenei(ha) just like shirazis will never respect Imam Khamenei(ha). Your reservations are unjustified.

Lol. Okay I'll think about it. Have a good day. 

• Advanced Member
On 1/29/2020 at 4:33 AM, Sirius_Bright said:

That was a joke. Even Shiachat Mod pointed out that was for laughter and not to be taken seriously. You don't get joke, do you?

I felt like I and my marja were being mocked at. Anyways you started that and then I responded with yasir Habib (la)

You are being disrespectful. Just read all your posts again and you'll understand... or maybe you won't understand because you think calling cult, Fadak TV crony, etc. are all respectful. 

My argument was 1. You started it. and 2. I did not insult you personally from what I remember. 

Yes. And you can agree/disagree with others based on Qur'an and Ahadith of Holy Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام) and not because 'my favorite scholar can't be wrong '. Everyone 'can be' wrong except Holy Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). 

see this is what I was talking about. I try and be as respectful as I can and address all your points and you reply in one or two sentences not addressing the rest of my arguments. 

Anyways My point of that was yes you can research the right path but after you will find certain scholars who have the right Aqeeda genarally and therefore following them would be okay. If you agree so far then the conclusion I am trying to make is that Following Them Would then Lead You To Following Ahlubayt (عليه السلام) therefore someone who follows Imam Khamenei(ha) would be following Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام). Even following a marja is following Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام) cause that is what they asked. So when Imam Khamenei(ha) and Sayed Sistani(ha) say public cursing like Yasir Habib is doing is unwise and should not be done we should follow that. Because following that is following Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام). 

• 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 1/27/2020 at 6:29 PM, TryHard said:

Since this Topic is about exposing yasir habib a month or two ago he asks protesters to surround the house of sayed Sistani (ha).  

Brother, they cut the lecture short, the sheikh responded to this in his lecture in the night after. What he was saying is that the protestors should protest in Najaf so Sayed al-Sistani makes a fatwa against the government. You are no different to the nasibis from anti majos who cut lectures short and saying this is shia belief.

Here's the full part for you: 

and here, the sheikh responds to this laughable lie:

• Advanced Member

I'm not sure what the issue is. I don't agree with sheikh Habib's views and oppose much of what he says, but I respect that he is open and honest about them. From what I've heard, he just holds the opinions of classic shia scholars. These opinions are found in literature. And with new age technology, mass information on the internet as well as social media These views are accessible to all. 

Is there anything he says not from Shia literature or any views that mainstream 12er scholars differ on ? Or it is it a matter that they agree upon what he says but feel taqqiya must be used ? Or is it purely the issue of what he says about other scholars.?

Edited by Warilla

• Advanced Member
On 5/2/2020 at 12:50 PM, Al-Muntadhar313 said:

and here, the sheikh responds to this laughable lie

@wolverine

I don't know Arabic either, but it seems like it's just an eye-catchy thumbnail mocking the people who claimed he 

asks protesters to surround the house of sayed Sistani (ha).

when he really 

was saying is that the protestors should protest in Najaf so Sayed al-Sistani makes a fatwa against the government.

• Advanced Member
On 5/2/2020 at 10:20 PM, Al-Muntadhar313 said:

and here, the sheikh responds to this laughable lie:

Salam definitly he is not stupid to say it directly but his plan for gathering around house of grand Ayatullah Sistani (ha) & forcing him to giving a fatwa in favor of riots between protestors would lead to putting his life in danger that if he didn't give Fatwa in favor of riots some people among them would try to attack or kill him then they would say that it was an accident because of gathering angry people around his house that nobody could find real murderers or punishes them like Mushrikin gathered multiple murderers from each tribe to martyre prophet Muhammad (pbu)  but by grace of of Allah & sacrifice of Imam Ali(عليه السلام) their plan failed but again Munafiqeen used same strategy to kill the thir caliph Uthman that this time they used same strategy to harm or martyr grand Ayatullah Sistani (ha) but by grace of Allah their plan foiled again.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

• Advanced Member
22 hours ago, Warilla said:

I'm not sure what the issue is. I don't agree with sheikh Habib's views and oppose much of what he says, but I respect that he is open and honest about them. From what I've heard, he just holds the opinions of classic shia scholars. These opinions are found in literature. And with new age technology, mass information on the internet as well as social media These views are accessible to all. 

Is there anything he says not from Shia literature or any views that mainstream 12er scholars differ on ? Or it is it a matter that they agree upon what he says but feel taqqiya must be used ? Or is it purely the issue of what he says about other scholars.?

Exactly that’s the point. I don’t agree with his views on everything, but when it comes to the mainstream, he only preaches what’s in our classical books. He himself called upon anyone to challenge his views based on the Shia works of the past. That’s because a lot of Shias are nowadays religiously uneducated, many in power abuse religion for politics, doesn’t make what he says theologically wrong. 

• Advanced Member

His problem is that he spreads fitna in deceptive ways. We know from the Quran that when dealing with people of the book, we should address what we have in common, while keeping the best of manners and polite disposition when in public. When exposing ourselves to people who are not exactly from our Creed, while they have books we can relate to, we need to be very careful not to burn bridges and create hatred and strife. I remember very well at the onset of the Syrian war where this guy kept going in public via his public videos, and would try his best to be inflammatory and insulting. He tried so hard that it even looked childish and desperate, with things like celebrating Aisha bint Abubakrs death day (with balloons and chanting something like "she's in the fire! She's in the fire!") - - and would use the ugliest language possible. This approach obviously led to the fury and anger of people who love this woman, as well as other characters that he insulted that they respect. They actually refer to her as their mother, so there he was insulting the mother of all the Sunis. How smart was that? Is that a way of educating or giving them information that might make them see the light of the wilaya? No! This was doing the exact opposite! He actually blocked the path to the way to Allah. In Arabic the path to God is called sabeel Allah, and it is often mentioned in the Quran how people block it. He made sure that these people hated Shia more and not only this! Tons of them had a fire burning in their chests after seeing him insult and humiliate their religious heroes, that they actually joined the Syrian insurgencies with the only aim to kill shias, to avenge their mother! This guy has Shia blood on his hands!

Then I used to fight with the pro YH people so hard, and the biggest proof against them is the documented politeness of the ahlulbayt. How did imam Ali treat Aisha? How did imam Ali treat the soldiers in the battle front opposing him at Siffin? What did the ahl bayt do? Did they insult any Sunni heroes in front of Sunis? No, no and again no! Never!

Then to top it off YH liked to get into politics while sitting in London, and talk about how we should literally follow the model of Israel, and make a gulfy Shia emirate based on the same principles as the Zionist entity. (Probably he wanted to be the ruler of this country - which they might have promised him in the case that he succeeds)

Additionally, I bombarded his supporters back then when he was gaining popularity on fb with hadiths talking about how bad it is to expose hadiths that would harm other people. I had hadiths lined up that said that if you say a hadith which gets someone killed, then it's as if you killed that person.

Of course instead of talking about zionism, Satanism, Saudi or whatever, he liked to attack mostly fellow Shia scholars (the more they were anti Zionist the more he attacked them), and make sure that the anti-Shia front in Syria had a constant supply of passionate and angry recruits who want to fight to defend their 'mother' from the evil rafidhis! It was all too obvious what this devil was trying to do, and for whom he was working.

Him saying these things that you guys believe in is like Christians burning our Quran , or them making cartoons mocking our messenger. It's not right! Only the most ignorant Christian would defend such acts, as the right way to go about things is to go the way Jesus or Mohamed did it. (Even if Christians believe that our prophet was a false prophet). And how they spoke to non Muslims is clearly documented. It's not in that disgusting, rude, filthy, shameless, cowardly way like this guy YH! He deserves no respect whatsoever and he's an embarrassment to the ahlulbayt and a bad Apple among the ummah. 

• Advanced Member
On 5/5/2020 at 4:35 AM, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

@wolverine

I don't know Arabic either, but it seems like it's just an eye-catchy thumbnail mocking the people who claimed he 

Exactly