Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Mushu

Exposing Yassir Al-Habib

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

People have tried reporting before and no obvious action has been taken.

Mods do not humiliate anyone by posting publicly that he/she was warned for inappropriate behavior, because that is personal and private. If a member is banned, then their name might be in the Banned Members topic.

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234968447-banned-members/

2 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Mods do not humiliate anyone by posting publicly that he/she was warned for inappropriate behavior, because that is personal and private. If a member is banned, then their name might be in the Banned Members topic.

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234968447-banned-members/

It's not humiliation if theyve earned it.

8 hours ago, Moalfas said:

ShiaChat rules clearly state that disrespecting 'religious authorities' will not be tolerated. If this rule was enforced on everyone without bias, half the 'hate' on ShiaChat will be dealt with. 

Giving the title of “religious authority” to Yassir Habib or Brother Tawhidi is extremely controversial, and not widely accepted among Shias at large.

50 minutes ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Giving the title of “religious authority” to Yassir Habib or Brother Tawhidi is extremely controversial, and not widely accepted among Shias at large.

THANK YOU. I've been on this site for a long time and the general consensus is he is not a real scholar for his behavior. He does have fans here and there but still he is a controversial figure at best. 

Edited by TryHard

46 minutes ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

@Hameedeh @ShiaChat Mod

Thank you for the clarification.

Whilst Yasir Habib does not have the following nor the large fan base as the supreme leader of Iran, they both still have people who respect them and view them as their role models.

Despite his 'controversial' religious status, Yasir Habib could at least be included in the list of enemies of Allah Ta'ala and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام). Cursing them is also ‘strictly prohibited’ on ShiaChat. 

"Cursing of the 3 "Caliphs" (Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman by name or number) and of any of the Holy Prophet's ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) wives, as well as Sunni scholars is strictly prohibited."

As for private vs public warnings to abusers, Someone is cursing religious personalities as well as insulting other members publicly and repeatedly. It’s only fair that the warnings against such public abuse and repeated violations be made public so that the members who were insulted -in public- get partial justice and other members would learn not to spew their abuse so freely.

20 minutes ago, TryHard said:

THANK YOU. I've been on this site for a long time and the general consensus is he is not a real scholar for his behavior. He does have fans here and there but still he is a controversial figure at best. 

Mods (the collective) are simply clarifying a factual point. Saying Yassir Habib is controversial is one of the few non-controversial things we can say about him. Do not thank us please.

12 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

As for private vs public warnings to abusers, Someone is cursing religious personalities as well as insulting other members publicly and repeatedly. It’s only fair that the warnings against such public abuse and repeated violations be made public so that the members who were insulted -in public- get partial justice and other members would learn not to spew their abuse so freely.

You’re free to give feedback, but I’m not sure why you’re telling mods how to do their job. Your only role as a member is to not break rules, and report posts you find objectionable. They will be handled privately. If the action is taken against you, you will be notified. If it involves someone else, it’s neither yours nor the public’s business. Again, we value privacy.

Thank you for your efforts in valuing member privacy.

The topic is whether ShiaChat considers Yasir Habib a religious authority or even maybe an enemy of Allah Ta'ala. 

It doesn't make a difference eitherway because cursing him is against the rules. 

Perhaps if the rules were enforced, I wouldn't need to point the abuse out.

Waslam

23 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

The topic is whether ShiaChat considers Yasir Habib a religious authority or even maybe an enemy of Allah Ta'ala. 

No it isn’t. This thread was created to expose a controversial speaker by mentioning his own statements. Read the OP. How does that translate into “whether ShiaChat considers”?

23 minutes ago, Moalfas said:

It doesn't make a difference eitherway because cursing him is against the rules. 

Perhaps if the rules were enforced, I wouldn't need to point the abuse out.

What does or doesn’t break the rules is not your call. 

If you have anything to say about Habib specifically (like his statements), comment on them. Otherwise, post on another topic.

16 hours ago, TryHard said:

I have seen it next to sayed Sistani(ha) here it depends on the post you look at but it standS for hafithuhullah (God protect him) like when someone asks for the Marja’s life to be prolonged. It’s a way to show respect to the marja. 

Oh, okay I have heard people saying 'May Allah prolong his life' when mentioning Ayatullah Sistani's name. However, what I have never heard is an Ayt Sistani follower cursing or sending Lanah on other Shia figures like Ayt. Khamnei followers do. 

Just now, starlight said:

Oh, okay I have heard people saying 'May Allah prolong his life' when mentioning Ayatullah Sistani's name. However, what I have never heard is an Ayt Sistani follower cursing or sending Lanah on other Shia figures like Ayt. Khamnei followers do. 

It depends on the ones you meet Iv'e known Sistani (ha) followers that don't like Yasir Habib very much either. To be fair though I have never seen people sending lanaah on public figures like Imam Khamenei (ha) and others the way Yasir habib and Sadiq shirazi followers do. watch this video for further details then come and call me the violent cursing one. https://www.shiatv.net/video/296538925 

Also how do you embed the video @ShiaChat Mod or @starlight?

9 minutes ago, TryHard said:

I have never seen people sending lanaah on public figures like Imam Khamenei (ha) and others the way Yasir habib and Sadiq shirazi followers do

If you believe this is wrong or detestable then why do you stoop down to their level? 

5 minutes ago, starlight said:

If you believe this is wrong or detestable then why do you stoop down to their level? 

simple, I think its wrong to the people they do it too not that la'an on evil scholars is bad. God curses a scholar in the Qur'an by calling him a kalb (dog). Cursing and condemning evil scholars is part of our duty. Also on a side note I was a Shirazi I used to watch YH videos all the time and had a good laugh so you can say I still got a little bit of it in me but I just direct that anger in a different way now.

Also do you mind telling me how to embed shiatv videos @Hameedeh or anyone? would be much appreciated

Edited by TryHard

5 minutes ago, TryHard said:

Cursing and condemning evil scholars is part of our duty.

The followers of Ayatullah Shirazi could bring up the same argument when cursing Ayatullah Khamenei. I see no difference between you two.

You can stop cursing oppressors and killers of Fatima(عليه السلام) but it's more difficult for you to stop cursing other Shias?? 

7 minutes ago, starlight said:

The followers of Ayatullah Shirazi could bring up the same argument when cursing Ayatullah Khamenei. I see no difference between you two.

You can stop cursing oppressors and killers of Fatima(عليه السلام) but it's more difficult for you to stop cursing other Shias?? 

I know they bring up the same argument thats my point all I'm saying is the people they do it to is wrong. IF they were sincere and paid closer attention they would see. Also we don't stop cursing killers of Fatima (عليه السلام) that is slander if that is the case tell me what this is for http://english.Khamenei.ir/photo/7327/The-first-evening-of-mourning-ceremony-on-martyrdom-of-Hazrat 

we just don't believe doing it in front of Sunnis on TV and elsewhere brings any benefit to us and helps the enemies sow division and create certain western back terrorist groups that cause death to Shia and Sunnis alike. 

7 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Saying Yassir Habib is controversial is one of the few non-controversial things we can say about him. 

Forget Yasir Habib for a second. Calling a whole group of followers a cult (Shirazi followers) and degrading them a thousand ways all over this site is allowed? If you want members to stop claiming that mods arent doing their jobs you should express clearly that cursing ANY Ayatollah (whether its shirazi, Khomeini or Sistani) is prohibited, and referring to any Shia as a cult simply because of their ayatollah is outright wrong. 

13 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

Forget Yasir Habib for a second. Calling a whole group of followers a cult (Shirazi followers) and degrading them a thousand ways all over this site is allowed? If you want members to stop claiming that mods arent doing their jobs you should express clearly that cursing ANY Ayatollah (whether its shirazi, Khomeini or Sistani) is prohibited, and referring to any Shia as a cult simply because of their ayatollah is outright wrong. 

Please discuss your concerns with mods privately.

On 1/21/2020 at 2:28 AM, 3wliya_maryam said:
  On 1/20/2020 at 9:18 PM, TryHard said:

you will see if you actaully have the knowledge and are not some Fadak tv crony

9 hours ago, TryHard said:

Also on a side note I was a Shirazi I used to watch YH videos all the time and had a good laugh so you can say I still got a little bit of it in me but I just direct that anger in a different way now.

Busted!

Looks like the Yasir Habib expose' actually exposed you! LOL 

Edited by Moalfas
Clarity

9 hours ago, TryHard said:

I'm starting to think you have a point. 

What you only did was name calling, cursing other scholars, claiming Khamenei as infallible, labeling others as cult, etc. While you believe everyone should follow Sayyed Ali Khamenei and listen to you, other Shias think it is more important to follow Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). 

12 hours ago, Moalfas said:

Busted!

Looks like the Yasir Habib expose' actually exposed you! LOL 

Allah guide us all. I try to  guide others who are also being misguided him and the shirazis. 

9 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

What you only did was name calling, cursing other scholars, claiming Khamenei as infallible, labeling others as cult, etc. While you believe everyone should follow Sayyed Ali Khamenei and listen to you, other Shias think it is more important to follow Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). 

Again saying Ayatullah Khameni (ha) doesn't follow Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام) is something many people would consider name calling and disrespect itself. You refuse to engage in any discussion though. 

Edited by TryHard

4 hours ago, TryHard said:

Again saying Ayatullah Khameni (ha) doesn't follow Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام) is something many people would consider name calling and disrespect itself. 

Sorry to upset you again but I don't think following a particular Scholar can be same as following Holy Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). Cry me a river but many Shias just don't agree with it. 

3 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Sorry to upset you again but I don't think following a particular Scholar can be same as following Holy Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). Cry me a river but many Shias just don't agree with it. 

yes it is, for example lets forget about Ayatullah Khameni(ha) for a sec. What about following Sayed Sistani(ha) and doing taqleed in general to any qualified marja is that not considered following Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام)?  

Also my point was you can’t accuse me of disrespecting scholars and people only, when you have been doing it from the beginning of the discussion. Saying Imam Khamenei (ha) doesnt follow Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) would be considered disrespect to not only the marja but to his followers and those who respect him which are many people.

Edited by TryHard

5 minutes ago, TryHard said:

yes it is, for example lets forget about Ayatullah Khameni(ha) for a sec. What about following Sayed Sistani(ha) and doing taqleed in general to any qualified marja is that not considered following Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام)?  

Also my point was you can’t accuse me of disrespecting scholars and people only when you were doing it from the beginning of the discussion. Saying Imam Khamenei (ha) doesnt follow Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) would be considered disrespect to not only the marja but to his followers and those who respect him which are many people.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at such ignorance. 

19 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at such ignorance. 

how about you address my points? what parts do you think are ignorant? See this goes back to my point about you don't want to have any meaningful discussion or debate. I think everything you said so far is ignorant yet I have actually bothered to give you detailed responses unlike you.

Edited by TryHard
more info/grammer

On 1/28/2020 at 12:42 PM, TryHard said:

I'm starting to think you have a point. 

Yeah, centuries ago I tried to convince these people then came to know, they won't agree until they want to. So, brother save your energy for the likes of me.

5 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

Yeah, centuries ago I tried to convince these people then came to know, they won't agree until they want to. So, brother save your energy for the likes of me.

ya. Its frustrating you try to discuss and they wont address any point you made and instead just insult or say your marja is not a scholar or goes against Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام). Then when you strike back in a similar manner they play the whole "he is insulting and disrespecting our revered "scholar(s)"" card.

Just now, TryHard said:

how about you address my points? what parts do you think are ignorant? See this goes back to my point about you not wanting to have any meaningful discussion or debate. 

Meaningful discussion with you is not possible. I tried to answer from last couple of pages but you resort to name calling and being disrespectful to everyone. 

12 minutes ago, TryHard said:

Apple and oranges. For Taqleed, Imam (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) himself has asked us to follow the narrators of ahadith (Marja'a in modern terminology). That doesn't mean they're completely correct in every single thing. And it is even different when it comes to Aqaed. Scholars differ greatly in terms of Aqaed. Since it is not possible that Imam (عليه السلام) has told two different things, one scholar is definitely wrong. It does mean following a scholar ≠ following Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). As for Ali Khamenei, I have my reservations and so do other Shias and you should respect that. 

22 minutes ago, TryHard said:

Saying Imam Khamenei (ha) doesnt follow Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) would be considered disrespect to not only the marja but to his followers and those who respect him which are many people.

I didn't explicitly said so. If he does something it might be a way of Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام), next time he does something it might not be Ahlul Bayt's (عليهم اسلام) way. Not everyone believes in Ismah of Khamenei. So, get over it. 

1 minute ago, TryHard said:

ya. Its frustrating you try to discuss and they wont address any point you made and instead just insult or say your marja is not a scholar or goes against Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام). Then when you strike back in a similar manner they play the whole "he is insulting and disrespecting our revered "scholar(s)"" card.

It is shame to attack marajas. They lived pious and clean life and none have evidence to imply at any wrongs done by them. People should speak about themselves that what faults they have. I wish there be cities like Qom and Najaf in every country. I am raised in a country which is deprived of Marajas and I know better what importance they possess because I have seen what damage ignorance can cause you.