Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Mushu

Exposing Yassir Al-Habib

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Laayla said:

We have brother @Propaganda_of_the_Deed who went to a Sunni masjid, a few days back.  Imagine he was saying qunoot like that there.  :missing:

He would not say Qunoot loudly when he is in a masjid among people let alone a Sunni one. 

Where was the problem in his Qunoot? The cursing part? 

7 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

Innovation? I thought we can only do Qur'an supplication in qunuut. 

1128. Any Zikr in qunut is sufficient, even if he says, 'Subhanallah' only once. It is, however, better to make the following supplication: La ilaha illallahul Halimul Karim, La ilaha illallahul 'Aliyyul 'Azim, Subhanallahi Rabbis samawatis sab', wa Rabbil 'arazinas sab', wama fi hinna wama bayna hunna, wa Rabbil 'arshil 'azim, wal hamdu lillahi Rabbil'alamin.

This is according to Ayatullah Sistani. 

https://www.Sistani.org/english/book/48/2231/

1 hour ago, Sirius_Bright said:

He would not say Qunoot loudly when he is in a masjid among people let alone a Sunni one. 

Yeah you're right. I just said salawat to myself before going in ruku I ommitted raising the hands for it as it is mustahab

Any zikr is sufficient in Qunut and La'an is a form of Dua. 

In his qunut the Holy Prophet (S) would curse a group of people, mentioning their names and descriptions. In the qunut of his prayer, Hadrat ‘Ali (‘a) used to curse Mu‘awiyah and ‘Amru ibn al-‘As. 

(Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 82, p. 201.) 

Just because YH does la'an on enemies of Ahlulbait (ams) in Qunut and I hate him, the practice must be wrong. 

33 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Any zikr is sufficient in Qunut and La'an is a form of Dua. 

In his qunut the Holy Prophet (S) would curse a group of people, mentioning their names and descriptions. In the qunut of his prayer, Hadrat ‘Ali (‘a) used to curse Mu‘awiyah and ‘Amru ibn al-‘As. 

(Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 82, p. 201.) 

Just because YH does la'an on enemies of Ahlulbait (ams) in Qunut and I hate him, the practice must be wrong. 

Doing it privately is fine, but what he did is in public and on worst era and worst time and it does not bring but bad image of Shias and create more disunity. 

Edited by Abu Nur

3 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

Doing it privately is fine, but what he did is in public and on worst era and worst time and it does not bring but bad image of Shias and create more disunity. 

Brother, what do you think according to the narration above, didn't Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) cursed a group openly in Qunut since he used to lead prayer everyday? Didn't Imam Ali (عليه السلام) cursed Mu'awiyah and Amr al-Aas in his prayers when he lead congregation? 

1 minute ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Brother, what do you think according to the narration above, didn't Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) cursed a group openly in Qunut since he used to lead prayer everyday? Didn't Imam Ali (عليه السلام) cursed Mu'awiyah and Amr al-Aas in his prayers when he lead congregation? 

Where it says openly in the hadith?

Just now, Abu Nur said:

Where it says congregation?

It doesn't say in the narration but it doesn't take a genius to understand it. All his life our beloved Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) led the prayers for his ummah. That's the only place he would have loudly recited it and narrator would have known it. Mustahab prayers are not in congregation but also not in loud voice. 

1 minute ago, Sirius_Bright said:

It doesn't say in the narration but it doesn't take a genius to understand it. All his life our beloved Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) led the prayers for his ummah. That's the only place he would have loudly recited it and narrator would have known it. Mustahab prayers are not in congregation but also not in loud voice. 

It doesn't work like that brother. There should be very clear hadith on prayer if the cursing in public is allowed.

17 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

It doesn't work like that brother. There should be very clear hadith on prayer if the cursing in public is allowed.

I do not disagree with you. There should be clear hadith but I understood like that and I feel sure about it.

Cursing is allowed if it will not cause fitna. 

Edited by Sirius_Bright

On 2/20/2019 at 1:57 PM, Sirius_Bright said:

Where was the problem in his Qunoot? The cursing part? 

Yes the problem is the cursing part it goes against Ayatullah Khamenei's (ha) Hukm and also goes against a fatwa from Sayed Sistanis (ha) office. 

On 2/21/2019 at 2:05 PM, Sirius_Bright said:

This is a different Scenario for many reasons. 1. the Prophet (sa) and Imam Ali(عليه السلام) had followers and could go to war against their enemies.  2.They did not have cameras that would broadcast their qunoot to the whole world. 3. Muawiyah is a lot less sensitive than Aisha and the 3 khalifas considering the fact that you can find even Sunni scholars who dislike him. I dare you to find a hadith where the Imams publicly cursed one of those four individuals in their qunoot. 

4 hours ago, TryHard said:

Yes the problem is the cursing part it goes against Ayatullah Khamenei's (ha)

Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام) - Curse our enemies. 

Ali Khamenai - Do not curse. 

Still not able to decide?

Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام) >>>......∞ Khamenei. 

and also goes against a fatwa from Sayed Sistanis (ha) office. 

Which fatwa are you talking about? 

I dare you to find a hadith where the Imams publicly cursed one of those four individuals in their qunoot. 

Imam (عليه السلام) cursed them in Qunoot and in presence of their close companions. I don't know if he at any point of time cursed those four in public. Taqaiyah? 

1. the Prophet (sa) and Imam Ali(عليه السلام) had followers and could go to war against their enemies. 

You mean if an Imam (عليه السلام) has enough followers to go to war with someone, he can curse them? 

2.They did not have cameras that would broadcast their qunoot to the whole world.

Ever heard of spies/hypocrites. These people existed in every age, even today when we have CCTVs. 

3. Muawiyah is a lot less sensitive than Aisha and the 3 khalifas considering the fact that you can find even Sunni scholars who dislike him. 

Mu'awiyah is dushmane Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام) and first three are also Dushmane Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). Why would I care who is more or less sensitive to Sunnis if I'm doing Bara'ah from them in my home or in my prayers. 

On 1/16/2020 at 1:28 AM, Sirius_Bright said:

Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام) - Curse our enemies. 

Ali Khamenai - Do not curse. 

Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام) >>>......∞ Khamenei. 

astaghfirullah I seriously can’t believe someone like you is on the dev team. Your SAYING AYATULLAH Khamenei(HA) IS CONTRADICTING Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام)?!!! Ayatullah Khamenei (ha) says not to curse publicly. Wheredo ahlul bay (عليه السلام) go and curse beloved personalities of the Muslims in their time publicly as a matter of fact they were all about unity. Cursing publicly on camera like Yasir Habeeb (la) does is against Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) 

Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام) >>>......∞ Yasir Habib

Which fatwa are you talking about? 

https://www.al-Islam.org/mutual-respect-peaceful-co-existence-among-Muslim read Sistani's (ha) chapter.  There are other statements by himself and his representative in Najaf on the topic. 

Imam (عليه السلام) cursed them in Qunoot and in presence of their close companions. I don't know if he at any point of time cursed those four in public. Taqaiyah? 

Bring your source for this. A source that shows them cursing the khulafat in qunoot in front everyday Muslims.  I know for a fact you can’t bring me such a source, btw. 

You mean if an Imam (عليه السلام) has enough followers to go to war with someone, he can curse them? 

Not necessarily what I am saying is your example of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) can’t be used in the same context of todays world where there are certain places where Shia are killed. If Imam Ali (عليه السلام) curses in aplace filled with his followers in qunoot with his army nothing will happen to him. If an ignorant "Shia" curses on camera to the while world certain people will be negatively effected by it. 

Ever heard of spies/hypocrites. These people existed in every age, even today when we have CCTVs. 

Spies/hypocrites still don’t broadcast to every village. All they can really do is create rumors are inform certain individuals. There is a difference between a rumor and seeing a so called  "shaykh" curse right in front of you.

Mu'awiyah is dushmane Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام) and first three are also Dushmane Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام). Why would I care who is more or less sensitive to Sunnis if I'm doing Bara'ah from them in my home or in my prayers. 

By home as in where Sunnis cannot hear you? I don't really have much of a problem with that. My problem is in front of a camera on youtube where the whole world can see you curse people beloved by Muslim masses. That  is my keyword there beloved. Muawiyah is not really beloved  so it would not apply as much though in some cases one should still be careful.

My point is because Muawiyah is not as sensitive you can’t use that as an example to justify your or Yasir Khabeeth's behavior.

Edited by TryHard

2 hours ago, TryHard said:

Your SAYING AYATULLAH Khamenei(HA) IS CONTRADICTING Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام)?!!!

Some people get triggered very quickly. Your reaction with all those caps tells us that Sayyed Ali Khamenei cannot ever contradict Holy Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام), Right? 

Ayatullah Khamenei (ha) says not to curse publicly.

I want to see the word 'publicly' in his statement. He has to specify, we cannot assume by ourself. 

Wheredo ahlul bay (عليه السلام) go and curse beloved personalities of the Muslims in their time publicly

Instead of discussing if Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام) told us to curse publicly or not I would ask you to read my post again. I only said we can do bara'ah in Qunoot. And since Yasir al-Habib does this and you don't like him then it must be wrong, yea? 

as a matter of fact they were all about unity

Please give me one hadith that uses word 'unity', اتحاد or anything similar for Sunnis. 

Cursing publicly on camera like Yasir Habeeb (la) does is against Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) 

Cursing a scholar is against the rule of this forum. You might not consider him scholar, few others do.

I'm amazed at your way of thinking.

You find excuses to do bara'ah with dushmane Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام) but you publicly curse another Shia Yaseer al-Habib who is a follower of twelve Imams and does Bara'ah with their enemies. Wait, is it because Rehbar doesn't like him?

Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام) >>>......∞ Yasir Habib

I never had a problem. 

Ahlul Bayt (عليهم اسلام) >>>......∞ Anyone and everyone. 

https://www.al-Islam.org/mutual-respect-peaceful-co-existence-among-Muslim read Sistani's (ha) chapter.  There are other statements by himself and his representative in Najaf on the topic

Same old argument with that same old question. Sayyed Ali Sistani was presented with a scenario and he answered accordingly. I don't disagree with peaceful coexistence and I doubt anyone walks down the street shouting curses. 

Difference in opinion is healthy. 

I don't think Ayatollah Khamanei is against reciting Ziyarat Ashura or any duas where the enemies of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) are explicitly cursed. Even if the dua was to be read in public, Ayatollah Khamanei wouldn't have an issue with that. 

It's more about being wise and not causing fitna in our ummah. I seriously question personalities who base their lives around disproving other sects, bashing historical personalities in an immature way and doing la'nah to trigger the Sunni population. Our logic tells us that there's a time and place to make such statements and we have to think of the consequences. If anything this fatwa of Ayatollah Khamanei doesn't do any harm to the growth and future of the Shia population. If someone wants to use a different approach of not cursing 24/7 on television, then I see no harm in it.

Regardless, everyone has a different opinion and he has the right to decide what's best for the Shia population. Some people may follow Sistani, some may follow Sayed Sadiq al Shirazi and others will follow Khamanei. Let people be.

11 hours ago, TryHard said:

astaghfirullah I seriously can’t believe someone like you is on the dev team. Your SAYING AYATULLAH Khamenei(HA) IS CONTRADICTING Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام)?!!!

It might be inconceivable for you that such a thing could ever happen, but I'm afraid Sayed Khamenei is a fallible human just like Sayed Sistani and Sayed Sirius_Bright lol 

Point being, if we all stopped this صنمية where we consider our fallible leaders as 'deities', we can start having constructive discussions without the dramatic CAPS and Astags.. 

curse people beloved by Muslim masses. That  is my keyword there beloved.

Remember your 'beloved' keyword is in reference to Iblees's representatives on Earth. The enemies of Allah Ta'ala, his Prophet saw and Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام)

Whilst I don't think Yasir Habib's approach is right, neither is the approach of the ones 'bashing' him like yourself. 

Yasir Khabeeth's behavior.

Finally, you respect the 'beloved' enemies of Allah, the Prophet and Ahlul Bayt, yet you send Lanats and call a Shia who is also loved by his followers as 'Khabeeth'..

Again, I suggest you be careful not to use divisive language.

26 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

You think I can make mistakes???

HOW DARE YOU? 

I've just purchased an Islamic law book by Ayatollah Sirus_Bright.

So when it comes to obligatory precaution, I refer ro Ayatollah Sirus_Bright as he is my next most qualified marja.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

13 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I've just purchased an Islamic law book by Ayatollah Sirus_Bright.

So when it comes to obligatory precaution, I refer ro Ayatollah Sirus_Bright as he is my nest most qualified marja.

MashaAllah!! 

Sirius_Bright Hindustani (Persian: سيريس برايط حندوستاني , born 30 Feb 1972), commonly known as Sirius Bright, is one of the most powerful and influential online Marja'a on Shiachat. 

Read more about me - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius_Bright-Hindustani

1 hour ago, Moalfas said:

I'm afraid Sayed Khamenei is a fallible human just like Sayed Sistani and Sayed Sirius_Bright lol 

All three equally?

59 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

You think I can make mistakes???

HOW DARE YOU? 

Thanks for acknowledging this whole conversation is for laughs and not to be taken seriously. :)

15 minutes ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

All three equally?

All three are equally fallible was the point intended. And yes, there was an element of banter hence the 'lol' 

But I stand by every word in the post and I mean it very seriously and welcome any rebuttals :) 

On 1/18/2020 at 4:55 AM, TryHard said:

astaghfirullah I seriously can’t believe someone like you is on the dev team. Your SAYING AYATULLAH Khamenei(HA) IS CONTRADICTING Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام)?!!!

اتَّخَذُوا أَحْبَارَهُمْ وَرُهْبَانَهُمْ أَرْبَابًا مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ وَالْمَسِيحَ ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ وَمَا أُمِرُوا إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُوا إِلَٰهًا وَاحِدًا ۖ لَّا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ - 9:31

I rather trust the Qur'an over fallible scholars and not put them on a pedestal or exaggerate their status, also yes there are numerous hadiths of the Ahlul Bayt openly cursing the enemies of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). I don't believe in unity by compromising our teachings. Decrying over Sheikh Yasser over cursing Aisha, Umar, Abu Bakr and cursing and bashing him yourself makes you a hypocrite with self righteousness issues.

Ayatullah Khamenei (ha) is just a man, prone to mistakes like the rest of us.

Edited by notme

6 hours ago, TryHard said:

Your SAYING AYATULLAH Khamenei(HA) IS CONTRADICTING Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام)?!!!

May I remind you that Imam Khamenei is not an Ayatollah.  They're all normal human being like the rest of us whos open to making their own judgements, ayatollah or not.

These scholars issued a fatwa against cursing in public. That doesn't mean that cursing these people in general is haram. But for the sake of our ummah and not spreading more fitna, there is nothing wrong with cursing in private. 

Edited by 3wliya_maryam
clarification

20 minutes ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

May I remind you that Imam Khamenei is not an Ayatollah. 

Says who? Montazeri? Ali Khamenei may only have been Hojjatulislam when he took over the title of Supreme Leader after the death of Imam Khomeini, but he was later instated as marja in 1994 by the Society of Seminary Teachers in Qom.

And about his fatwa, I think it is quite sensible not to aggravate the Sunnis. The Sunni-Shia conflict is just stupid.

Edited by Revert1963