Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sc Hafiz Society

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

I'm struggling with the hifz.. My ADHD is getting me.

i started to learn ziyarat Aminuallah by heart ( its my homework ..and also can do a small brain exercise before returning to quran)..but i must repeat each like 50 -60 times to learn it . . Anyone has any tips ? Any other ADHD folks over here?Lol

• 3 weeks later...

(bismillah)

(salam)

Surah al-Mulk (The Kingdom)

This Surah was revealed in Makkah and it has 30 ayaat. It is also called Munjiyah because it saves the one who recites it from the torment of the grave. The Holy Prophet (S) likened the recitation of this Surah to the staying awake on the night of Qadr. He (S) also wished that every believer would memorize this Surah and know it by heart. He said that this Surah will remove its reciter from Hellfire and take him to Jannah.

Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.) said that reciting this Surah at night keeps one under the protection of Allah (S.w.T.) until morning. Recitation on the night of Eid gives the reward of staying awake the whole night in worship. If recited on a person who has just died, his soul gets immediate relief. Memorizing this Surah has great reward. If memorized, this Surah acts as a protection from the torment of the grave, and it intercedes on behalf of the one who has memorized it on the Day of Judgement.

See more

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member

learning quran has alot og thawab, zakat, hasanat and Allah will appreciate you learning the quran in your free time and also trying to learn even if you have some bad memory because if Allah asks you in judgement day why didnt you learn the quran you will reply i have a bad memory he is going to ask you have you tried? learning quran is easier if you understand it more than learning word by word! give it a go

Allah is always there to help you learn the holy quran

• Advanced Member

That was fast! Any new tricks you learned? :)

It's been about 6 months since she posted that, I checked the amount of verses in Juz 29, roughly memorize 2.3 verses from juz 29 of the Qur'an per day, and you will have memorized all of Juz 29 in around 6 months, insha'Allah.

I looked up the dates...

Juzz Amma compeleted alhamdullilah
Juz'e Tabarka ,29th > completed

9th June to 27th August, 29th part completed in 2.5 months?

It's been about 6 months since she posted that, I checked the amount of verses in Juz 29, roughly memorize 2.3 verses from juz 29 of the Qur'an per day, and you will have memorized all of Juz 29 in around 6 months, insha'Allah.

That's still impressive.

Edited by aliasghark

• Advanced Member

That's still impressive.

Yes masha'Allah it is, I apologise if my post came across as trying to say it wasn't.

I looked up the dates...

9th June to 27th August, 29th part completed in 2.5 months?

Oops, I thought she posted recently that she had finished Juz 29, and that it was the 27th of August where she started. I think according to the dates you post, it means she memorised around 6 verses a day on average.

Edited by Shia_Debater

So... how did you do it Chaotic Muslem?

When I used to memorize these parts I listened to one full sura as many times as I could, three times a day - there's plenty of time in the morning commuting to work, in the afternoon (only a couple mins or so, on a short break), and then on the way back home. Some suras were quite long so I tried dividing them up into 10-ayat parts, and that made it easy, but the downside is that you have to spend some time in the end to 'glue' those parts and establish the continuity.

I read that our memory keeps things for a certain period of time, after which it starts to forget, and the best time to revise what you have learned is at that point. I think I found that point to be between 4-5 hours for me. If you resume repeating the sura too early, it's doesn't help as much, and if you do it too late it will be like going back to square one.

Yes masha'Allah it is, I apologise if my post came across as trying to say it wasn't.

Oops, I thought she posted recently that she had finished Juz 29, and that it was the 27th of August where she started. I think according to the dates you post, it means she memorised around 6 verses a day on average.

Ah, you were probably trying to say consistency is key... I agree. It's definitely doable.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Today on the day of Arba'ine, i'm starting again my hifz, it's one of my resolutions for this year and I hope finishing surat al Baqarah before next muharram or even better, before the month of Ramdhan.

I tried many times since the month of Rajab, and failed because i wasn't reviewing what i've learned. Also my method wasn't efficient for me.

I still don't know how i'm gonna proceed, because it takes me 1 hour to memorize 1 page, and i need also 1 hour to review. Or my goal was to spend 1 hour daily for the hifz...

If you guys have any tips, feel free to share.

Hope many of you will feed this thread and make it alive again. If you are still hesitating, i let you know there's a fatwa of Ayatullah Khoei which says that forgetting the ayat you've already memorized is by precaution (ihtiyat) haram ! (from our sheikh in ramdhan lectures).

I still don't know how i'm gonna proceed, because it takes me 1 hour to memorize 1 page, and i need also 1 hour to review. Or my goal was to spend 1 hour daily for the hifz...

If you guys have any tips, feel free to share.

WS, do you understand Arabic? If not, I think you're setting your target too high, you might want to do half a page instead. One page every day... I can't come close to doing it :mellow:

• Veteran Member

WS, do you understand Arabic? If not, I think you're setting your target too high, you might want to do half a page instead. One page every day... I can't come close to doing it :mellow:

(salam)

I've studied arabic at school so i know the basics.. But it's not obligatory if you want to be hafiz.. I don't think the majority of the hafiz even know the arabic language.. You can learn and then read the translation..

A friend of mine who is iraqi think it's more difficult to learn if you understand arabic, it's more confusing..

In my opinion, in both case you can achieve your goal and became a hafiz.

About the target, i don't think it's too high, as in our sunni brothers madrassa, they are learning about 1 page daily..

But i will start with half a page first, ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Has anyone memorised surah yasin. ?

I'm thinking I should

I would recommend you aim for smaller Surahs at first, of you havnt memorised Juz `Amma I encourage you to smash through that :)

I planned to have Juz Amma done before Uni but I've wasted too much time :/ ill have it done by Ramadan insha'Allah :D

(salam)

I've studied arabic at school so i know the basics.. But it's not obligatory if you want to be hafiz.. I don't think the majority of the hafiz even know the arabic language.. You can learn and then read the translation..

A friend of mine who is iraqi think it's more difficult to learn if you understand arabic, it's more confusing..

In my opinion, in both case you can achieve your goal and became a hafiz.

About the target, i don't think it's too high, as in our sunni brothers madrassa, they are learning about 1 page daily..

But i will start with half a page first, ...

Exactly, my friend is a Hafiz and he started memorising 2 or 3 pages per day

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Has anyone memorised surah yasin. ?

I'm thinking I should

Some people here started by the end with juzz 3amma (30), other people learn common surahs like Yasin, Waqiah.. And i would prefer to start with the begining.

It's up to you. Btw, Welcome on Sc Hafiz Soc.

Don't forget to share your progress..

Exactly, my friend is a Hafiz and he started memorising 2 or 3 pages per day

Oh your lucky to have hafiz friend.. if you have any tips you should share it here :D

Try to figure out how many hours they spend daily if you can ..

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Oh your lucky to have hafiz friend.. if you have any tips you should share it here :D

Try to figure out how many hours they spend daily if you can ..

Ill try and ask him this Friday if I remember :D

But he is gong back to Turkey at the end of this month :( his father is the Imam and he finished his term as Imam of our Mosque this Friday :cry:

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

learning quran has alot og thawab, zakat, hasanat and Allah will appreciate you learning the quran in your free time and also trying to learn even if you have some bad memory because if Allah asks you in judgement day why didnt you learn the quran you will reply i have a bad memory he is going to ask you have you tried? learning quran is easier if you understand it more than learning word by word! give it a go

Allah is always there to help you learn the holy quran

Salam aleikum brother.

I ´d like to know about the complete narration in which we are asked if we could try to memorize the holy Qu´raan. I´m a convert (8 years Ago) and I want to memorize the juz´ 3amma, inshallah and I want to get a little more motivated.

My memory is relatively good, alhamdulillah, and I will begin tomorrow bi-idhniLLAH. I have memorized very few suwar for salat: of course, surat al-hamd, An-nas, kauthar, annasr, alfeel , al-ikhlaas, al asr and al falaq. I can read and understand surah yasin as well, because I studied its vocabulary, but I dont know how to recite it, inshallah I can memorize it in the future. Please.make dua to Allah allow me begin and continue with the memorization of the rest of the juz amma.

THANKS

Edited by alirubenmis

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Sooooooooo how's everyone going?!

Alhamdulilah I've memorised 25 Surah's ^_^ insha'Allah I can reach my target and complete Juz `Amma before Ramadan :D

Lets all set a target for Ramadan, guys and help encourage each other to reach it ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

I launched this project one year ago. Unfortunately, this thread was abandoned and many have desisted (including me) :no: :cry:

Tonight is the 1st Rajab 1434 A.H. Let's make some New resolutions for the next 3 months, let's change ourselves.

It's time to be prepared.. for our Imam (as), to actively wait Him, and to be closer to Him, ..

it's time to be united, it's time to get closer to the Quran

So today, i'm BUMPING this thread again, and i ask Allah (swt) with the intercession of the Imam of our Time (as), to bestow His help upon us to read, to memorize, to understand, and to apply the lessons from the Quran.

Remember, everyone has a good memory, the only people who lack this "good memory" is people who have some sort of inborn error of mutation, so nothing is impossible !! We have to be determined and consistent.

You can start with any Surah you want, there is no specific order.

This thread is yours, I ask all Sc users to participate, and post your program, your goals, your advices, ahadith, .. everything which could help us to attain our goal.

Inshallah, TOGETHER, we'll find some motivation, and help each other.

May Allah(swt) Fill and enlighten your hearts with the noor and knowledge of the holy quran and Ahlulbayt(as)

So who's in ? :)

• Veteran Member

Im in insha'Allah! :D

(salam)

Brilliant idea, I am up for it, especially with Ramadan Kareem around the corner.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Jazakumullah khayr for joining this project.

Can you tell more about your goals ? Which surahs do you plan to learn ? etc..

I'm going to start with the beginning, with Surah Baqarah as i've already started last year. I plan to finish Juzz 1 before the end of Rajab inshallah. Also i need to learn tajweed rules (on youtube) in order to avoid mistakes while reciting.

And i'm going to use this method inshallah: http://muslimmatters.org/2012/07/29/memorizing-quran-survival-of-the-fittest-not-for-the-weak/

:)

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Jazakumullah khayr for joining this project.

Can you tell more about your goals ? Which surahs do you plan to learn ? etc..

I'm going to start with the beginning, with Surah Baqarah as i've already started last year. I plan to finish Juzz 1 before the end of Rajab inshallah. Also i need to learn tajweed rules (on youtube) in order to avoid mistakes while reciting.

And i'm going to use this method inshallah: http://muslimmatters...t-for-the-weak/

:)

(salam)

InshAllah I will begin with Surah Yasin and then continue Juz Amma which I began in Ramadan last year.

I wish you all the best with your goals, brother :)

Wa Salam

• Advanced Member

Until this moment I have memorized just 4 short ayahs fromt he joz 3amma. 3 days ago I started with sura yusuf and now I know by heart 10 ayahs (I did not know I was good for memorization :) alhamdulillah : This is how I do:

1 -first copy the 4 ayahs in my notebook while I read it in arabic and isolate the words of the ayah that I do not know

2-Read the spanish translation (my mother tongue) and try to relate with the root of the verb which it comes from (optional) (or you can look up in some quranic vocabulary dictionary)

3_get the meaning of the whole reading directly in arabic

4_listen to the recitation once

5_ Repeat it 5 times (more if needed)

...continue with 3 more ayahs using this method

finally: repeat all the 4 ayahs together and to the recitacion recording (In my cellphone) 2 times more (this you can do in other moment of the day)

//This method is modifiable//

A question: One´s memorization is acceptable even if you don´t have a teacher who can help you? I see we need volunteers that help us to check our recitations.

Thank you very much for your post baqyatullah, inshallah your divine reward will be immense by all the ayahs and suras memorized by us. May Allah bless you.

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member

If you dedicate the time between Maghreb & Isha for memorising one line of Qur'an a day, you will find it remarkably easy to do. Alternatively, immediately after Fajr, spend 30-40 mins memorising. Soon you will find it easier and quicker to memorise and you can use the rest of the time to revise what you have memorised and slowly build on it ^_^

God made the Qur'an easy to remember and if you recite it frequently, it's next to impossible to forget.

May Allah give us all success, insha'Allah.

• Advanced Member

If you dedicate the time between Maghreb & Isha for memorising one line of Qur'an a day, you will find it remarkably easy to do. Alternatively, immediately after Fajr, spend 30-40 mins memorising. Soon you will find it easier and quicker to memorise and you can use the rest of the time to revise what you have memorised and slowly build on it ^_^

God made the Qur'an easy to remember and if you recite it frequently, it's next to impossible to forget.

May Allah give us all success, insha'Allah.

(salam) :)

Best advice you have given there. Memorizing the Holy Quran during your obligatory prayers is very effective way. 

May Allah swt give make us all Hafiz Quran, insha'Allah :)

(wasalam)

• 7 months later...