Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Imam Mahdi As + Environmental Problems Question

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Asalaamu Alaikum

When the Imam (ajt) reappears, will all of the environmental problems of the world be solved? Global warming, endangered animals, scarce resources, etc etc.

I asked my mom, she seems to think ALL problems in the world will go away but I'm not so sure--is there any proof of this? Any other opinions?

Edited by tazaabha

• Advanced Member

One thing that I've thought about is that Imam Mahdi has all the knowledge of this Earth right? So, he'll come and give us alternates to things like oil and fossil fuels. He'll give us natural resources that will be proven to be more efficient and safer for the environment. His intelligence is so great that he'll be the new face of science. After all, he knows all the sciences of the Qur'an and no better book than the Qur'an right?

I have no doubt that ALL problems will be solved by Imam Mahdi. Al Ajal!

(bismillah)

(salam)

Yes, I have heard that some of the Prophets (as) when sent, helped humans to progress. Nabi Nuh (as) was the first to build a ship, Nabi Dawud (as) the first to melt Iron, Nabi Idrees (as) the first to write (and read aswell I think), there are more examples. I have heard that before Imam (atfs) reappears, humanity will have reached progressed and reached its maximum potential of 8 out of 27 or 28, so around 8%-ish. When Imam al-Mahdi (atfs) reappears he will complete the progression of humanity and make it 100% by the permission and grace of Allah سبحانه وتعالى.

He will establish contact with other planets, bringing back people from the dead (with the permission of Allah (swt)) will be something normal etc. so yes technology and science and overall progression of humanity will be way higher than the maximum it is before his return.

(wasalam)

Edited by Shia_Debater

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Yes, I have heard that some of the Prophets (as) when sent, helped humans to progress. Nabi Nuh (as) was the first to build a ship, Nabi Dawud (as) the first to melt Iron, Nabi Idrees (as) the first to write (and read aswell I think), there are more examples. I have heard that before Imam (atfs) reappears, humanity will have reached progressed and reached its maximum potential of 8 out 03 27 or 28, so around 8%-ish. When Imam al-Mahdi (atfs) reappears he will complete the progression of humanity and make it 100% by the permission and grace of Allah سبحانه وتعالى.

He will establish contact with other planets, bringing back people from the dead (with the permission of Allah (swt)) will be something normal etc. so yes technology and science and overall progression of humanity will be way higher than the maximum it is before his return.

(wasalam)

Just hope his reappearance is soon. His lovers and shi'a are restless. They're waking up in night sweats and screaming his name in the middle of the night because they just can't take the pain anymore. Al Ajal.

• Advanced Member

i read or heard a sunni hadith.

It went like this: When Mehdi (atfs) comes (back) to earth so will Isa (as) . Apparently Isa (as) will make a dua for rain. But this is a special rain that literally fixes all the earth's problems and all the creation (except for humans i guess) will take their size that they used to be during Adam (as) time. So it said like a grain will be like the size of a fist and so on.so I wonder if we have this hadith about a special rain? I think we should ask Qa'im, he may know about this stuff.

• Veteran Member

I think this is related to this thread and so I will post it here

Earth In Crisis As Wildlife Numbers Plummet

Earth is a planet in crisis with wildlife populations declining by more than 30% in the past four decades, conservationists claim.

A new report examined how more than 9,000 populations of mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians and fish are faring.

It comes in the face of record over-consumption of natural resources with serious implications for human health, wealth and well-being.

Freshwater creatures in the tropics have seen the worst declines, of around 70%, while tropical species as a whole have seen populations tumble by 60% since 1970.

In Asia, tiger numbers have fallen 70% in just 30 years.

There is no balance anymore, I dont believe in the theory of overpopulation, In the sense that earth can only sustain a certain amount of people but I think that mankind needs to manage his space and needs so that there is less effect on the natural habitat of many animals in the wildlife.

it makes me think of noahs ark

• Forum Administrators

I believe environmental degradation plays an eschatological role. The hadiths do drop a few hints about the state of the world when the Imam (as) arises. It seems that not only will there be oppression and mass killing, but also natural crises and an overall chaotic environment. One possibility brought forward is that swords and other older weapons will be used in the last days, which to me sounds like our current technologies would be destroyed or lost before the end times. The Qur'an also speaks of smoke (dukhan) being visible to all of us as a sign of the end times - this could be something environmentally related. Some Sunni hadiths indicate that there will be massive food shortages in waves before the end times, and people would then receive their sustenance from faith. Food shortages can be a result of overpopulation, and the killing of bees, which pollinate our plants causing fruits to grow. There's also talk of large amounts of people being killed by a wind (reeH) or plagues, and these can be related to pandemics or viruses, which today's globalized world can facilitate. There are astrological signs, and even periods where time itself is shortened or lengthened; possibly relating to the rotation of the earth.

Here are some references:

وروى الفضل، عن علي بن أسباط، عن محمد بن أبي البلاد (5)، عن علي بن محمد الاودي (6)، عن أبيه، عن جده قال: قال أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام: بين يدي القائم موت أحمر، وموت أبيض، وجراد في حينه، وجراد في غير حينه، أحمر كألوان الدم. فأما الموت الاحمر فالسيف، وأما الموت الابيض فالطاعون (7).

430 – And al-Fadl narrated from `Ali b. Asbat from Muhammad b. Abi ‘l-Bilaad from `Ali b. Muhammad al-Awdi from his father from his grandfather. He said: Amir al-Mu’mineen (as) said: Before the Qa’im is a red death, and a white death, and locusts in due season, and locusts out of season, red like the colors of blood. So as to the red death, then it is the sword, and as to the white death, then it is the plague.

410 – كما روي عن النبي صلى الله عليه وآله [ أنه قال: ] (3) لو لم يبق من الدنيا إلا يوم واحد لطول الله ذلك اليوم حتى يخرج رجل من ولدي فيملا الارض عدلا وقسطا كما ملئت ظلما وجورا (4).

The Prophet (s): Even if there were only one day left in this life, Allah will lengthen that day so a man from my progeny may appear and establish justice and fairness on earth, as it would be filled with injustice and oppression.

439 – الفضل بن شاذان، عن أحمد بن محمد بن أبي نصر، عن ثعلبة، عن بدر بن الخليل الازدي (5) قال: قال أبو جعفر عليه السلام: آيتان تكونان قبل القائم لم تكونا منذ هبط آدم عليه السلام إلى الارض: تنكسف الشمس في النصف من شهر رمضان والقمر في آخره. فقال رجل: يا بن رسول الله تنكسف الشمس في آخر الشهر والقمر في النصف ؟. فقال أبو جعفر عليه السلام: إني لاعلم بما تقول (1) ولكنهما آيتان لم تكونا منذ هبط آدم عليه السلام (2).

439 – al-Fadl b. Shadhan from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Abi Nasr from Tha`laba from Badr b. al-Khalil al-Azdi. He said: Abu Ja`far (as) said: Two signs that are prior to the Qa’im which have not been since Adam (as) descended to the Earth: The sun will eclipse in the middle of month of Ramadan and the moon in its end. So a man said: O son of the Messenger of Allah, the sun will eclipse in the end of the month and the moon in the middle? So Abu Ja`far (as) said: Verily I know what you are saying, however they are two signs that have not been since Adam (as) descended.

Narrated Abu Huraira Allah 's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established (1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine, (2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah 's Apostle, (3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of religious scholars) (4) earthquakes will increase in number (5) time will pass quickly, (6) afflictions will appear, (7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase, (8) till wealth will be in abundance--so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it, ' (9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings, (10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, 'Would that I were in his place, ' (11) and till the sun rises from the West. So when the sun will rise and the people will see it (rising from the West) they will all believe (embrace Islam) but that will be the time when: (As Allah said,) 'No good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before, nor earned good (by deeds of righteousness) through its Faith. ' (6.158) And the Hour will be established while two men spreading a garment in front of them but they will not be able to sell it, nor fold it up; and the Hour will be established when a man has milked his she-camel and has taken away the milk but he will not be able to drink it; and the Hour will be established before a man repairing a tank (for his livestock) is able to water (his animals) in it; and the Hour will be established when a person has raised a morsel (of food) to his mouth but will not be able to eat it. " (Bukhari 9.237)

Someone asked, "O Messenger of Allah, why will a horse be so cheap?" He said, "Because it will never be ridden in war." He was asked, "Why will the bull be so expensive?" He said, "Because it will plough the earth. For three years before the Dajjal emerges, the people will suffer severe hunger. In the first year, Allah will order the sky to withhold a third of its rain, and the earth to withhold two-thirds of its fruits. In the third year, He will order the sky to withhold all of its rain, and the earth to withhold all of its fruits, so that nothing green will grow. Every cloven-hoofed creature will die except for whatever Allah wills." Someone asked, "How will the people live at that time?" He said, "By saying La ilaha illa Allah, Allahu Akbar, Subhan Allah and Al-Hamdu-lillah. This will be like food for them."

• Veteran Member

Someone asked, "O Messenger of Allah, why will a horse be so cheap?" He said, "Because it will never be ridden in war." He was asked, "Why will the bull be so expensive?" He said, "Because it will plough the earth. For three years before the Dajjal emerges, the people will suffer severe hunger. In the first year, Allah will order the sky to withhold a third of its rain, and the earth to withhold two-thirds of its fruits. In the third year, He will order the sky to withhold all of its rain, and the earth to withhold all of its fruits, so that nothing green will grow. Every cloven-hoofed creature will die except for whatever Allah wills." Someone asked, "How will the people live at that time?" He said, "By saying La ilaha illa Allah, Allahu Akbar, Subhan Allah and Al-Hamdu-lillah. This will be like food for them."

^This, I read it will be as a result of the christians and jews (at that time) breaking the peace and declaring a holy war against the Imam (as) and Islam. Allah will send his punishment on the people, and then the final test which is the emegance of the Dajjal. Once the Dajjal is killed by prophet Isa (as), the jews and christians will go crazy as they cannot believe their long awaited messiah has died (contrary to their prophecy), when they go crazy they will spread disorder and chaos on the land, and as a result the trees and rocks will call muslims to kill them.

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews , when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him."

and that will be the end of the longest 'fitna' known to man