Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Deceased Pets...

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam Fellow Brs/Srs.

My pet fish sadly died a few days ago. How should I dispose it? I had her for over two years and became quite fond of her and cannot bear to throw her in the bin or flush her down the lavatory like waste, its inhumane. How should pets be given the final farewell in Islam ie burial, sea or cremation? Please.

Edited by Mahdiyah
  • Advanced Member

Cloie died while I was out and my sister ruthlesly threw her to the vicious cat nextdoor who rejected it - cats here are used to high-class meals! I came home to find poor Cloie on the doorstep like an abandoned body. I picked her up andbrought her in. Pets for whatever reason are domesticated for our purpose be it help, company or love and deserve to be appreciated and given some consideration. Cloie was given to me as a free gift and over the two years she had grown from being tiny flimsy thing to a healthy plump beautiful fish. I couldnt believe it when I came home to find her like that.

• Advanced Member

fish and chips for dinner

LOOL

Cloie died while I was out and my sister ruthlesly threw her to the vicious cat nextdoor who rejected it - cats here are used to high-class meals! I came home to find poor Cloie on the doorstep like an abandoned body. I picked her up andbrought her in. Pets for whatever reason are domesticated for our purpose be it help, company or love and deserve to be appreciated and given some consideration. Cloie was given to me as a free gift and over the two years she had grown from being tiny flimsy thing to a healthy plump beautiful fish. I couldnt believe it when I came home to find her like that.

sounds like a love story, i bet bollywood would make a film with this story.

• 3 weeks later...

Ay Sistani says its makrooh to eat your pet. Say you raised a pet goat, it is makrooh to eat it. To me it makes sense as it takes away a part of your humanity.

Treat it respectfully the same way you are told in Islam to treat your broken tooth or nails that you cut. "Bury it" and move on. It was a creature of Allah who was born to swim freely in waters. You captured it in your personal aquarium. Its sole purpose became to be pleasing to your eyes. It deserves at least this respect. Be sure to thank to Allah (swt) afterwards that he made your dust a human, and her dust a fish, and gave you wilayah over it so you could keep it without writing a sin for you in its capturing (purchasing) and keeping in a small fish tank.

More than fatihah, thank Allah (swt) that a whole creature of Allah was dedicated to you alone all this time. She served the command of her Lord well, and became pleasing to you all this time. Ask yourself, are you serving your Lord fully "exactly the way he wants"? and "are you submitted to your WALI [12th Imam] the way she was submitted to you"?

Edited by Waiting for HIM
  • Advanced Member

Salaam Fellow Brs/Srs.

My pet fish sadly died a few days ago. How should I dispose it? I had her for over two years and became quite fond of her and cannot bear to throw her in the bin or flush her down the lavatory like waste, its inhumane. How should pets be given the final farewell in Islam ie burial, sea or cremation? Please.

you were able to bear and watch its outer beauty caged within a glass wall, able to bear its rights that were taken away for being a water creature, you were able to bear its silent cry for freedom, you walked freely while it remained bound to ths prison, now that its free from this cage of transparent walls, you are unable to bear to witness its release from misery you causeth.

Ay Sistani says its makrooh to eat your pet. Say you raised a pet goat, it is makrooh to eat it. To me it makes sense as it takes away a part of your humanity.

Treat it respectfully the same way you are told in Islam to treat your broken tooth or nails that you cut. "Bury it" and move on. It was a creature of Allah who was born to swim freely in waters. You captured it in your personal aquarium. Its sole purpose became to be pleasing to your eyes. It deserves at least this respect. Be sure to thank to Allah (swt) afterwards that he made your dust a human, and her dust a fish, and gave you wilayah over it so you could keep it without writing a sin for you in its capturing (purchasing) and keeping in a small fish tank.

More than fatihah, thank Allah (swt) that a whole creature of Allah was dedicated to you alone all this time. She served the command of her Lord well, and became pleasing to you all this time. Ask yourself, are you serving your Lord fully "exactly the way he wants"? and "are you submitted to your WALI [12th Imam] the way she was submitted to you"?

yes, people fail to see how unjust they are to the creatures of Allah (swt) then they claim they await for the awaited (saw) to bring justice to this earth.... even an ant will recieve justice on our maulas (saw) reappearence

Edited by alialiali

Salaam sis

aahw sorry for your loss! It's not easy losing a pet. I remember I was brokenhearted and burst out to tears when my little friend died. My father buried him in the backyard.

I had one of these :wub: I miss him, but I'm not allowed to get another one :(

20070225-Wildkleur.jpg

yeah because its a rat and not meant to be kept as pet. Its meant to live in the back allys, in the gutters, to give hard time to Harrison Ford in his next expedition or to chew up your old books if left unattended.

Where I live we have them in rabit sizes. Kids train their bb guns on 'em.

Salaam sis

aahw sorry for your loss! It's not easy losing a pet. I remember I was brokenhearted and burst out to tears when my little friend died. My father buried him in the backyard.

I had one of these :wub: I miss him, but I'm not allowed to get another one :(

20070225-Wildkleur.jpg

I had one of those it was insane....it was like evil vampire hamster. It could jump and fly long distances and it had extremely long teeth....once it even bit my finger and it took an hour to make ti stop bleeding. Then I had to bring home the pet hamster for the school holidays because I volunteered to feed it on the vacation. They were in separate cages and my stupid friend came over and played with them...then she put both of them in the same cage and went home. I didn't know they were in the same cage and the next day when I woke up they were both dead and one of them had half of it's throat bitten out.

Guest Inaya

yeah because its a rat and not meant to be kept as pet. Its meant to live in the back allys, in the gutters, to give hard time to Harrison Ford in his next expedition or to chew up your old books if left unattended.

Where I live we have them in rabit sizes. Kids train their bb guns on 'em.

:o Excuseee mee! It's not a rat! It doesn't even have a tail, and they're smaller than my fists. It's a hamster.

And the kids shooting at them is just cruel..

ImAli, mine was very sweet :wub: and his teeth weren't long. You have to give them toys and stuff to chew on, it's healthy. Long teeth are bad for them..

Edited by Inaya

:o Excuseee mee! It's not a rat! It doesn't even have a tail, and they're smaller than my fists. It's a hamster.

And the kids shooting at them is just cruel..

pot"ey"to - pot"Aa"to

tom"ey"to - tom"Aa"to

rat is a rat, without a tail, with a tail, fist size or football size :)

Anyway I sympathize with sister ImAli... so kids didn't know how to play together, so they bit eachother.

I had one of those it was insane....it was like evil vampire hamster. It could jump and fly long distances and it had extremely long teeth....once it even bit my finger and it took an hour to make ti stop bleeding. Then I had to bring home the pet hamster for the school holidays because I volunteered to feed it on the vacation. They were in separate cages and my stupid friend came over and played with them...then she put both of them in the same cage and went home. I didn't know they were in the same cage and the next day when I woke up they were both dead and one of them had half of it's throat bitten out.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL this just made my day