Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Falling Out With A Friend...

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Salaam Thanks to all who were concerend about Hamdi and me... there is no need to be anxious anymore as we have patched things up. I couldnt bear the thought of Hamdi being upset with me so I decided to end this silent treatment by going to her house and speaking to her directly - first an apology then an explanation was what I had in mind plus something sweet as a token of friendship. So I went out to buy her a packet of twix (so its easier for her to share) and took Brownie with me, on the way back Brownie picked up a dog fight with some large mongrel on the streets, she seriously has a lack judgement I tell you - the thing was four times her size - forget her I had to make a real quick escape for my own life! Once home (I never thought Id make it) I took a sigh of relief then cornered her to the wall and gave her a good hiding - she nearly cost me my life aswell as hers. Then I was about to leave for Hamdi's place (thought it safe to leave Brownie home) I was about to open my front door when I accidently trampled over Brownie... (my fault as I wasnt watching where I was going - too much in the thoughts of Hamdi I suppose) Brownie screamed, I was stunned, then Brownie made an attack for my legs, I pushed her off me but she caught my arm then ouch - she bit my wrist... well she got another good hiding for that (remind her whos the boss again) till she quietened down. Eventually I left for Hamdi house. There I gave her the choc, told her what I had to and added Brownie didnt just give you a hard time you know atleast you went home and thats it... I still have to live there and showed her the bite mark on my arm... at this point Hamdi burst into tears and said she was always my friend but was abit shaken up because of what happened (she ought to stay at my place for a day to know what that really means). Anyway Hamdi insisted I stay for dinner, I thought she had already eaten (there was chicken bones lying everywhere), anyways we had curry and rice (somalian style). Then I left for home with Hamdi making a fuss as usual, happy that Iv made up with my friend Al-Hamdulillah.

Hello Mahdiyah,

Have you ever watched Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan? I really like his dog training techniques, though other dog trainers don't. He has very helpful advice and I think he understands dogs very well! Maybe it'd be great to watch his show or get on his website, or another dog trainer's website, for help! :)

http://www.cesarsway.com/

Brownie is a cute name of a Yorkie! My Yorkie is Sheila... I wonder if I can put a picture of her here? She is such a sweetie, but it is hilarious in that she does that she's just as big as big dogs are! She's 6 lbs.

About your friend, I'm so glad that y'all are speaking now!!!

Peace and God bless you

Hello Christian Lady,

America as in wherever MAFHJ is :)

God bless you too

Hello Shia Debater,

I like America. :) Been in the continents of America all my life, though I did go once to Belarus, which was awesome!

Thanks. Peace and God bless you too

Edited by Christianlady

• Advanced Member

Salaam.

Actually I do now feel guilty of giving Brownie some beatings Im not normally like that infact I do most of her looking after ie meals, cleaning, bathing etc even extras like I never forget to give her the vitamin drops (btw us I even put a few drops of those in my sister's drink - just to see if there were any changes in her mind you nothing happens to her), also I often give her treats you know like doggy biscuits that sort of thing (also that way she may leave mine alone)! Also I have been trying to train Brownie things like throw and fetch such as fetch my slipper, the problem is she fetches it but then refuses to give it, it becomes a real struggle tying to take it out of her mouth often tearing or causing some sort of damage, my slipper is ok but once she tore my mum's which got me into trouble, when I give her my sister's things hoping the worst she throws it away! Talk about biting the hand that feeds.

• Veteran Member

Salaam.

Actually I do now feel guilty of giving Brownie some beatings Im not normally like that

Hello Mahdiyah,

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or made you feel guilty. :(

I don't know you but I'm sure you love animals and strive to take care of them! They can be difficult sometimes, that's for sure!

infact I do most of her looking after ie meals, cleaning, bathing etc even extras like I never forget to give her the vitamin drops (btw us I even put a few drops of those in my sister's drink - just to see if there were any changes in her mind you nothing happens to her), also I often give her treats you know like doggy biscuits that sort of thing (also that way she may leave mine alone)! Also I have been trying to train Brownie things like throw and fetch such as fetch my slipper, the problem is she fetches it but then refuses to give it, it becomes a real struggle tying to take it out of her mouth often tearing or causing some sort of damage, my slipper is ok but once she tore my mum's which got me into trouble, when I give her my sister's things hoping the worst she throws it away! Talk about biting the hand that feeds.

Maybe you can buy her doggie toys? :) My Sheila has a squeaky duck (not real!) that she loves to carry around the house and growl at and chew on... she's so adorable! :)

Anyways, I apologize again if I bothered you. :( That was not my intention. I am glad that you take care of Brownie. She sounds like a handfull! :) but I am sure she knows that you care for her, even though she might not get what exactly you expect of her to do/not do!

Peace and God bless you

• Advanced Member

Hello Mahdiyah,

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or made you feel guilty. :(

I don't know you but I'm sure you love animals and strive to take care of them! They can be difficult sometimes, that's for sure!

Maybe you can buy her doggie toys? :) My Sheila has a squeaky duck (not real!) that she loves to carry around the house and growl at and chew on... she's so adorable! :)

Anyways, I apologize again if I bothered you. :( That was not my intention. I am glad that you take care of Brownie. She sounds like a handfull! :) but I am sure she knows that you care for her, even though she might not get what exactly you expect of her to do/not do!

Peace and God bless you

Greetings.

No hard feelings... I had some old bath toys from when I was small, Brownie plays with them now - thought better put to some use rather than stored away. I think Im going to miss her when she returns home!

Thanks. God bless.

• Advanced Member

glad to hear things are good between you and your friend again. I have one question though "How do you people with dogs in your homes not get the dog hairs on you?

Is it not hard to make sure all your clothes are pure and that the dog hairs do not transmit to the area or clothes you use to pray with?

Is anyone else concerned about this beside me or am I just strange?

• Advanced Member

glad to hear things are good between you and your friend again. I have one question though "How do you people with dogs in your homes not get the dog hairs on you?

Is it not hard to make sure all your clothes are pure and that the dog hairs do not transmit to the area or clothes you use to pray with?

Is anyone else concerned about this beside me or am I just strange?