Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ibrahim786

Are There Any Syrian Alawites Here?

My background is Turkish Alawite but I am distantly related to President Bashar.

We were Sykrian but after the way his father took power my family broke ties with them.

For all those who don't know his father invade Syria via air bombing and killed 20,000 to take power.

This killing is in his system and they will do anything to hold power. Don't get me wrong the attackers are the same, willing to do anything for power.

If they followed the example of Imam Ali who never killed one person for power but only for the sake of protecting Islam, who showed patience when his right was swapped from hand to hand for 25 years knowing that it should have been his position, who never had an external war because he knew you can't force your religion on anyone and he knew the religion was being destroyed from the inside and even though he could have had the most booty, always gave away instead of flaunting like the ones going for power.

I'm ashamed of them calling themselves Muslims.

I must admit that I am impressed by your post. The shabiha and the alawites look really bad in Syrian right now - killing,raping and torturing people. Thats why I asked in my original post - how can they commit such horrible acts?

I must admit that I am impressed by your post. The shabiha and the alawites look really bad in Syrian right now - killing,raping and torturing people. Thats why I asked in my original post - how can they commit such horrible acts?

Because their ideology isn't Islam, it's Baathism. I don't think that religion really matters much to them, I'm pulling a great generalization by writing this but in Lebanon where many Alawites are officially Ja3faris, the Alawite community tends to be very secular and only rely on religion when it's about conflicts.

Also many Alawites are indeed Ja3fari Shias but they use the term Alawi as an ethnicity, much like Bosniaks in Bosnia.

who ever has a issue with the alawiyeh in syria and support the resistance, are quite hypocritical in regards to their political stance. for if you hate the regime in syria you basically disagree with sayed hassan nasrallah and iran in which together are the only nations in the middle east who have not kissed the feet of israel and the U.S. . i urge you to research from trusted media outlets such as russia today and or press tv , as opposed to being brainwashed into a biased hatred by al jazeera or memri tv .

i now address the brother who has distanced himself from the politics in syria. i will call him the alevi . perhaps you have assimilated to what your turkish brothers are now preaching via NATO.

in this case we as a community are rather happy not to have you apart of our group.

who ever has a issue with the alawiyeh in syria and support the resistance, are quite hypocritical in regards to their political stance. for if you hate the regime in syria you basically disagree with sayed hassan nasrallah and iran in which together are the only nations in the middle east who have not kissed the feet of israel and the U.S. . i urge you to research from trusted media outlets such as russia today and or press tv , as opposed to being brainwashed into a biased hatred by al jazeera or memri tv .

i now address the brother who has distanced himself from the politics in syria. i will call him the alevi . perhaps you have assimilated to what your turkish brothers are now preaching via NATO.

in this case we as a community are rather happy not to have you apart of our group.

:lol: :lol:

Alawites are Jaffari Shia? :huh:

Are you kidding?

At least in Lebanon many Alawites did become Shia by the standard of Imam Musa Sadr after he met up with some Alawi religious leaders during his time. In Syria many Alawites became more traditional types of Muslims during the reign of Hafez al Assad since he wanted to assimilate them.

I never said that all Alawites are Shia, I said many are in the Lebanon region.

who ever has a issue with the alawiyeh in syria and support the resistance, are quite hypocritical in regards to their political stance. for if you hate the regime in syria you basically disagree with sayed hassan nasrallah and iran in which together are the only nations in the middle east who have not kissed the feet of israel and the U.S.

No, this statement is logically inconsistent. We support the resistance, but not the killing of sunnis by alawis or vice versa. They are Baathists and do what Baathists do best, kill and seize power. Just because Syria and Hezbollah are allies does not mean one has to support both if they support one. Syria is allied with HA for its own interest, and would betray HA if it was in their own interest to do so.

No, this statement is logically inconsistent. We support the resistance, but not the killing of sunnis by alawis or vice versa. They are Baathists and do what Baathists do best, kill and seize power. Just because Syria and Hezbollah are allies does not mean one has to support both if they support one. Syria is allied with HA for its own interest, and would betray HA if it was in their own interest to do so.

by your statement you basically pick and choose when to support hezbollah and iran . which means one day you could be pro resistance and the next anti . both parties are allied for their own interest , but collectively they all share the same interest. how can you support the uprising of a salafi cause in which their foundation is the halal extinction of both shia and alawi and all religions who a posse them . democracy is their means but exile of all anti salafi's is their cause. democracy is a word which they use to justify their cause.

we all know that the uprising is a zio-salafi plot in which the us and israel impregnated in the minds of those foolish .

wasalam

Alawis shouldn't be accusing others of defaming their beliefs, when Alawis lack so much transparency and openness about what they believe. I still don't understand what Alawis believe. You've got some Alawis saying one thing and others saying something completely different and yet others saying a mix of the two.

What do Alawis expect when they are such a closed group and unwilling to share their beliefs and ideas with others, except perhaps when challenged directly?

Sunnis I understand. Twelvers I understand. These two groups make up about 97-98% of those who call themselves Muslims, and their masjids, prayers and beliefs are readily available for anyone to see and examine at their leisure.

Can you please tell me the total number of Muslims that the al-Assad family (including Bashir and his father Hafez) are responsible for having killed from the 1960s to today?

Hint: The Muslim blood spilled by the al-Assad family could fill an ocean.

Alawis shouldn't be accusing others of defaming their beliefs, when Alawis lack so much transparency and openness about what they believe. I still don't understand what Alawis believe. You've got some Alawis saying one thing and others saying something completely different and yet others saying a mix of the two.

What do Alawis expect when they are such a closed group and unwilling to share their beliefs and ideas with others, except perhaps when challenged directly?

Sunnis I understand. Twelvers I understand. These two groups make up about 97-98% of those who call themselves Muslims, and their masjids, prayers and beliefs are readily available for anyone to see and examine at their leisure

Can you please tell me the total number of Muslims that the al-Assad family (including Bashir and his father Hafez) are responsible for having killed from the 1960s to today?

Hint: The Muslim blood spilled by the al-Assad family could fill an ocean.

so lets get this straight because a group isnt as open as others , there beliefs deserve to be defamed , which in actuality contradicts the initial statement of yours , when you said you dont know much about the alawites so of what knowledge are you and if not yourself the general public using the defame us... lol .. hmmm let me see word of mouth ?hearsay? which really doesnt hold any legitimacy.

well as you know within shia and sunni there are sects that have different beliefs and that also exists with all sects , this is why perhaps you are getting mixed answers.

i am however familiar with the general lies proclaimed about the alawites , and just to straighten things up , we dont believe in a trinity lol we might aswell call ourselves christian if we did .. we dont consider drinking halal as there is a clear verse in the quran that states how satanic it is . lets seeee what else lol . oh umm we dont say ali (as) has any of those attributes. As to us he is an imam and legitimate successor of the prophet (pbuh) .. nothing more . how we differ from shia is that we do not practice mutah , and we dont have mass gatherings for ashura although one is still reccomended to participate in ashura. we dont say tattoos are halal. other than that i have never been able to pick up anything different between the alawi and shia.. we believe in all 12 imams as of the greatest status following the prophet. Also you must love ahlul bayt!

if you controlled a country , actually i wont use that as an example because you never will , but if you owned a large business and somebody out of no where decided to want to kick you out and up-rise .Would your action not be to rid the problem . they have a problem not the majority of employees or in this case civillians ! if they dont like it then get the hell out of the country dont kill and prepare to get killed THIS IS NOT JIHAD !!! stagfarrallah these people have been brainwashed from the get go .also dialogue has been urged , there was a convention in geneva this week which said there will be no more interference from outside nations and threats of war, you slow witted child they are being armed from outside forces and paid weekly wages , dialogue is being stressed but they dont want it , they just want to kill and declare jihad on something which isnt.if they want democracy why arent the muslims of the u.s. declaring jehad .. we are all aware that the u.s. doesnt uphold democracy , or even the saudi's why dont they call for a major uprising against there government which is so much worse. my friend you are as thick minded as a 250 year old tree trunk .

Edited by ya alii!!!

by your statement you basically pick and choose when to support hezbollah and iran . which means one day you could be pro resistance and the next anti . both parties are allied for their own interest , but collectively they all share the same interest. how can you support the uprising of a salafi cause in which their foundation is the halal extinction of both shia and alawi and all religions who a posse them . democracy is their means but exile of all anti salafi's is their cause. democracy is a word which they use to justify their cause.

we all know that the uprising is a zio-salafi plot in which the us and israel impregnated in the minds of those foolish .

wasalam

Its totally true, that I pick and choose who to support and when. For example, it tomorrow HA went around burning children to death with white phosphorus, like the Israelis, I would immediately want them to be stopped. Similarly, I don't have any doubt about the atrocities being committed by Bashar, because his father Hafez did similar things when he was in power.

Just because this uprising is a salafi cause does not mean that you can go and kill them in cold blood. On the other hand, if syrian alawis are murdering the salafis in cold blood, then it would explain why the salafis want the alawis to be exterminated. If someone was killing my children in cold blood I'd want them to be exterminated too.

Its totally true, that I pick and choose who to support and when. For example, it tomorrow HA went around burning children to death with white phosphorus, like the Israelis, I would immediately want them to be stopped. Similarly, I don't have any doubt about the atrocities being committed by Bashar, because his father Hafez did similar things when he was in power.

Just because this uprising is a salafi cause does not mean that you can go and kill them in cold blood. On the other hand, if syrian alawis are murdering the salafis in cold blood, then it would explain why the salafis want the alawis to be exterminated. If someone was killing my children in cold blood I'd want them to be exterminated too.

so are you exactly like your father, do you [Edited Out] , eat and sleep exactly as he does. lol your off your head ... you are now using biological attributes to strengthen your argument , nobody in the world accepts biological attributes to govern their actions. and to answer your other question just refer to my comment above

Dude, you either support Hezbollah, Bashar, Iran and the Bahraini people or you support Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, NATO and the Syrian rebellion, the Syrian rebellion feeds off these evil entities, ( if you doubt this, then i challenge you to prove to me anywhere, where the "Syrian rebellion" attacks or distances itself to any of those entities). and that's just the way it is, there are 2 tidal waves coming towards each other, you can't say you like certain sections of 1 wave and certain sections of the the other wave, it just dosn't make sense!!

so lets get this straight because a group isnt as open as others , there beliefs deserve to be defamed , which in actuality contradicts the initial statement of yours , when you said you dont know much about the alawites so of what knowledge are you and if not yourself the general public using the defame us... lol .. hmmm let me see word of mouth ?hearsay? which really doesnt hold any legitimacy.

I really don't understand what you're saying. No offense, but, your English is difficult for me to understand. Please keep working on it and may Allah improve your English.

well as you know within shia and sunni there are sects that have different beliefs and that also exists with all sects , this is why perhaps you are getting mixed answers.

If we're going to be fair and honest, we must admit that there are not really any sects among the Sunnis. We can criticize Sunnis all we want, but, I see Sunnis praying together and fasting together and doing Hajj together. Different schools of fiqh does not make for a sect - sorry.

Sometimes I see Twelvers pray with Sunnis and Sunnis pray with Twelvers, especially in the West. But, I agree that these two are indeed sects, as there are enough differences to classify them as sects. Nevertheless, these two groups make up about 97-98% of those who call themselves Muslims.

Now, do Alawis pray with Twelvers? Do Alawis pray with Sunnis? Or do Alawis have their own separate masjids and pray separately from both of these two groups? If so, why do they do that?

i am however familiar with the general lies proclaimed about the alawites , and just to straighten things up , we dont believe in a trinity lol we might aswell call ourselves christian if we did .. we dont consider drinking halal as there is a clear verse in the quran that states how satanic it is . lets seeee what else lol . oh umm we dont say ali (as) has any of those attributes. As to us he is an imam and legitimate successor of the prophet (pbuh) .. nothing more . how we differ from shia is that we do not practice mutah , and we dont have mass gatherings for ashura although one is still reccomended to participate in ashura. we dont say tattoos are halal. other than that i have never been able to pick up anything different between the alawi and shia.. we believe in all 12 imams as of the greatest status following the prophet. Also you must love ahlul bayt!

How do I know I can trust you when there are others who claim to be Alawis saying things that disagree with what you say? What makes you the spokesperson for Alawis?

if you controlled a country , actually i wont use that as an example because you never will , but if you owned a large business and somebody out of no where decided to want to kick you out and up-rise .Would your action not be to rid the problem . they have a problem not the majority of employees or in this case civillians ! if they dont like it then get the hell out of the country dont kill and prepare to get killed THIS IS NOT JIHAD !!! stagfarrallah these people have been brainwashed from the get go .also dialogue has been urged , there was a convention in geneva this week which said there will be no more interference from outside nations and threats of war, you slow witted child they are being armed from outside forces and paid weekly wages , dialogue is being stressed but they dont want it , they just want to kill and declare jihad on something which isnt.if they want democracy why arent the muslims of the u.s. declaring jehad .. we are all aware that the u.s. doesnt uphold democracy , or even the saudi's why dont they call for a major uprising against there government which is so much worse. my friend you are as thick minded as a 250 year old tree trunk .

Bashir Al-Assad doesn't deserve to be in power and should be hung from a tree. Few have killed as many Muslims as he has. The wrongs of others don't make his wrongs any less.

I don't appreciate you calling me thick. Is that the proper adab with which to talk to someone? Let me tell you something: you sound like a jahil in all of your posts here, particularly due to your poor English (which I know isn't your fault), but you don't see me insulting you.

Bashir Al-Assad doesn't deserve to be in power and should be hung from a tree. Few have killed as many Muslims as he has. The wrongs of others don't make his wrongs any less.

Bashar Al Assad also saved a lot of Muslims. During the 2006 war, he practically made it a duty for the Syrian people to open their homes for the Lebanese refugees with love.

Now, there's a war going on. In war there're most of the time two different fractions opposing each other, in other words an armed conflict. When someone shoots at you, you shoot back. You don't let the other part advance and cause havoc and kill your own people.

It's not black and white, it's shades of gray.

If we're going to be fair and honest, we must admit that there are not really any sects among the Sunnis. We can criticize Sunnis all we want, but, I see Sunnis praying together and fasting together and doing Hajj together. Different schools of fiqh does not make for a sect - sorry.

Their are sects within the sunni and shia . sunnis have salafis and shia have ismailis , both branch off from the mainstream sunni and shia . If they are not considered different sects they are definitely schools of thought. regardless their beliefs vary greatly.

Sometimes I see Twelvers pray with Sunnis and Sunnis pray with Twelvers, especially in the West. But, I agree that these two are indeed sects, as there are enough differences to classify them as sects. Nevertheless, these two groups make up about 97-98% of those who call themselves Muslims.

Now, do Alawis pray with Twelvers? Do Alawis pray with Sunnis? Or do Alawis have their own separate masjids and pray separately from both of these two groups? If so, why do they do that?

i pray with shia's and sunnis in both mosque's and i have many friends that are alawi and pray with both. We also like the sunni and shia have our own masjids and anyone is welcome . we dont kick people out , however we are a minority and we dont have the resources as others do, hence there are not as many masjids as other sects.

How do I know I can trust you when there are others who claim to be Alawis saying things that disagree with what you say? What makes you the spokesperson for Alawis?

you dont have to trust me . This is a forum and it allows anyone to voice there opinion so its up to you whether or not to believe me. vice versa how can i trust everything you say ? are you the spokesman for all shia ? do all shia have your opinions ? your not a spokesman but your voicing your opinion.

First of all its bashAr and if thats how you feel , then do something about it ! dont hide behind your desk , instead go to syria and join your zio-salafi brother's in killing innocents. p.s. if you actually go , dont forget to say hi to israel , us , saudi arabia , turkey , jordan , qatar oh you know what just say hi to all of NATO for me . thanks :)

I don't appreciate you calling me thick. Is that the proper adab with which to talk to someone? Let me tell you something: you sound like a jahil in all of your posts here, particularly due to your poor English (which I know isn't your fault), but you don't see me insulting you.

i didnt think it was possible for someone to be so delinquent , but here we are . lol . you just insulted me by insinuating that i cant speak proper english . then you say you havent insulted me lol you really must be off your head.

Edited by ya alii!!!

Excuse me, but, this is not an insult:

I really don't understand what you're saying. No offense, but, your English is difficult for me to understand. Please keep working on it and may Allah improve your English.

I was just being honest. I've spoken English all of my life and had trouble understanding what you're saying.

You unclothed yourself and your true character, however, with these un-Islamic comments:

you are as thick minded as a 250 year old tree trunk .
dont hide behind your desk , instead go to syria and join your zio-salafi brotdont hide behind your desk , instead go to syria and join your zio-salafi brother's in killing innocents. p.s. if you actually go , dont forget to say hi to israel , us , saudi arabia , turkey , jordan , qatar oh you know what just say hi to all of NATO for me . thanksher's in killing innocents.

The fact that Alawis keep their own masjids, separate from both Sunnis and Twelvers, tells me something is not right with Alawis. Either you guys interpret the Qur'an via Sunni hadiths or via Twelver hadiths, I would think - but, Alawis seem to accept neither, so what is it that they are following exactly is still beyond me. Anyway, I'm not going to waste my time talking with someone who keeps insulting me.

Go learn some adab.

Edited by Ruwayd

Excuse me, but, this is not an insult:

I was just being honest. I've spoken English all of my life and had trouble understanding what you're saying.

You unclothed yourself and your true character, however, with these un-Islamic comments:

The fact that Alawis keep their own masjids, separate from both Sunnis and Twelvers, tells me something is not right with Alawis. Either you guys interpret the Qur'an via Sunni hadiths or via Twelver hadiths, I would think - but, Alawis seem to accept neither, so what is it that they are following exactly is still beyond me. Anyway, I'm not going to waste my time talking with someone who keeps insulting me.

Go learn some adab.

It doesn't matter what his interpretation is, he has the right to follow whatever religion he wants to. He also took the time to explain his faith for you. There's no need to be harsh on each other.

^

The funny thing is, is that wahabis do the same things to shia's, when they say "that shias are mushriks" who "worship dead people" and have a"different quaran", yet there are shia's that a carrying on exactly the same way when they deal with alawi's as the wahabis deal with shias.

This is how i look at it, i have spoken with alawis face to face and they have told me there is nothing different between them and us 12ers, on top of that i have seen alawis at the mosque that i attend and i have even been told that they attend sunni mosques, to back this up there is a shia scollar named imam Musa Sadr (may Allah rest his soul), who investigated the allawi sect and concluded with a fatwa that they are apart of the Jaffari shia shcool of thought.

If there is something that works against them is that they are not religious, but heck, that''s no different to many other shia friends that i had that i grew up with, but i bet the reason why allawis have become non religious over the years is probably because they live amongst sunnis, who were more than lickley not to persecute them if they were not seen as a religious threat as the shia's have been seen as.

Shia's should not distance themselves from allawis for the sake of pleasing sunnis, which i suspect may be the reason why shia's are so quick to cast them out of the fold of Islam, we should actually reproach their community so that they will start practising the proper way again.

Do you guys accept Twelver hadith books? If not, where and what are the hadith books to which you refer, and how does your grading system for hadiths compare to the hadith grading system used by Twelvers?

Who are your Shia maraji / who do you guys make taqlid to?

Do you accept the line of Imamat of the Twelvers accept? If not, what line of Imamat do you accept and why?

Salam Brother's & Sister's,

I am a Syrian Alawite. I was born in Homs, Syria.

It upsets me that our own brother's from the school of Ahlul Bayt (as) slander us with comments doubting our Islam. We are followers of of the religion of Allah سبحانه وتعالى. The followers of Muhammad & Ahl Muhammad (as). We are from those who accept & hold true the Wilaya of Amir al-Mu'mineen Ali (as) & the Wilaya of the Ahlul Bayt (as). We are those who accept the Imamate of the Twelve sons of Fatima al-Zahra (as). We are those who await the return of our master al-Qaim al-Mahdi (AFS). We are from those who stand firm in the path of justice & fight agaist oppression!!

I have read many of the absurd & ridiculous accusations put forth against the Alawites. Let me begin by saying;

The Shia as a WHOLE have faced accusations of Ghulat from the Sunna throughout history. It is ABSURD to suggest that the Alawites are extreme in their beliefs. The Quran is clear in Sura 112 (al-Ikhlas): Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One, Allah, the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent."

Anybody who believes in a man as god or a god "incarnate" is a KAFIR. Allah (SWT) says in Sura 42 (al-Shura) Verse 11; There is nothing like Him, and He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

Allah (SWT) also says in Sura 24 (Al-Noor) Verse 35; Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp, the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things.

So we know from Quran that Allah (SWT) is UNLIKE any of his creations. That he is "the Light of the heavens and the earth." It is then ABSURD to believe in a man as God or for God to be incarnate for he then becomes defined & confined by matter, space & time. Allah (SWT) is FREE from definition & confinement for HE created space, time & matter.

As for the rubbish about Christmas, Epiphany & so on. It doesn't dignify a response. That is absolutely ridiculous!

In short we are NOT a secret group. We have many mosques all over the world especially in Syria & Lebanon that are open to ALL Muslims. We have many books published & we are recognised by the Supreme Shia Councils of Lebanon & Iran as Shia Muslims.

Salamu 'alaykum wa Rahmatullah

Yes, actually I've seen that alawites are also divided like twelver shi'a. Among alawites there is a small portion who have the believe that Imam 'Ali (as) is an incarnation of God and is superior to Saïdna Muhammad (saws) and some believe in reincarnation.

Please, to have a clear view of your beliefs, could you give us the references of your books of ahadith, and the books of your shouyoukhs (ulemas) ?

I've been searching them for a long time to find out more about alawites, who seem to have additional informations on the Creation, on the coming of the Mahdi (as) and on the spiritual essence of our practice.

Thank you in advance.

Do you guys accept Twelver hadith books? If not, where and what are the hadith books to which you refer, and how does your grading system for hadiths compare to the hadith grading system used by Twelvers?

Do you accept the line of Imamat of the Twelvers accept? If not, what line of Imamat do you accept and why?

Another question I would add is why do Alawis make their own masjids if they are no different from any other Twelvers?

Making additional masjids when they are not needed creates sectarianism and division.

Should we think of Alawis as a cultural group rather than a distinct religious group? eg. Kurds

Doing taqleed to a marja doesn't define who a Twelver is - it just defines what an Usooli Twelver is, as does a particular method of grading ahadeeth.

He has explained that he follows the same line if Imams as we do, so the only question is why is it that some 'Alawiyya appear to believe in hulool and tanasukh?

Salam 3alaykum Brothers,

I will attempt to answer all your questions in one post.

1. Do we accept Twelver hadith books?

Yes we do accept Twelver hadith books. We take Hadiths from Kitab al-Kafi, Bihar al-Anwar, al-Istibsaar, al-Tahzeeb & other recognised books of Hadith. However we know that NOT ALL hadith's reported in those books are "Sahih". We also accept that ijtihaad is an ongoing process and ahadith are for all time, a hadith that we may not understand today may be for another time after ours, and hence to label it non sahih would be wrong. In other words, every hadith is judged on its merit & wherever it came from doesn't matter. It can be from sunni or shi'i collections, the chain of narrators and their reliability as well as the content of the hadith decide whether it is reliable or not. In saying that, the Holy Quran is the only real "Sahih" book because it is the word of Allah (SWT) whereas ALL other books written by man may be prone to error. The basic rule applied is, If it doesn't contradict the Quran & the teachings of the Ahlul Bayt (as) then take from it.

2. Who are your Shia maraji / who do you guys make taqlid to?

The Alawy Marja3 in Lebanon is a man by the name of al-Sheikh Assad al-Ali.

3. Do you accept the line of Imamat of the Twelvers accept? If not, what line of Imamat do you accept and why?

Ofcourse we accept the Imamate of the Twelve. They are Imam Ali al-Murtada, Imam Hassan al-Mujtaba, Imam Hussein al-Shaheed fi Karbala wa Sayid al-Shuhada, Imam Ali Zainul Abedeen, Imam Muhammad al-Baqir, Imam Jafaar al-Saddiq, Imam Musa al-Kazim, Imam Ali al-Rida, Imam Muhammad al-Jawwad, Imam Ali al-Hadi, Imam Hassan al-Askari & the Imam of our time Imam sahib al-Asri wa Zaman (AFS) al-Qaim al-Mahdi may the Peace & Blessings of Allah be upon them ALL.

4. Among alawites there is a small portion who have the believe that Imam 'Ali (as) is an incarnation of God and is superior to Saïdna Muhammad (saws) and some believe in reincarnation.

Brother that again is incorrect. I have NEVER met a TRUE Alawy who holds those beliefs. Again the proof is clear from the Quran & in my first post regarding Tawheed & Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. It is KUFFAR to believe in a man as God or God "incarnate". Further to that Imam Ali (as) is NOT superior to Muhammad (SAWW). In fact they are from the same Noor & it was Muhammad (SAWW) who was created first! This is a long & complex subject to discuss but in short they are one (i.e. from the same Noor) but separate in name & rank. Muhammad (SAWW) holds the HIGHEST rank in Islam closely followed by Ali (as). It is absurd to suggest otherwise! Again there are many ahadith relating to that matter from our Holy Prophet himself (SAWW) & our Imams (as).

Regarding reincarnation that is absolutely ridiculous.

Allah (SWT) says in the Holy Quran;

"When death comes to one of them, he says, "My Lord, send me back. I will then work righteousness in everything I left." Not true. This is a false claim that he makes. A 'BARZAKH' (BARRIER) will separate his soul from this world until resurrection." (23:99-100)

It is clear from the Quran that there is no "coming back". When you have passed you are like every other soul before you & you await the day of judgement! Qiyama is a belief that MUST be recoginsed as a follower of the Ahlul Bayt (as). Besides this we have many ahadith about 3azab al-Qabr (The torment of the grave). How would the torment of the grave exist if a soul was "reborn?"

I have heard the stories about reincarnation even in Syria when i last visited. It IS NOT a religious belief it is a cultural myth! Some people have used it as a means to scam money etc from others. I.e. if i taught my son that he was your father in a previous life & gave him details about your ancestory he would then come to you & say he was your father etc etc. Some people unfortunately believe it & then the requests for money etc start flowing. To be fair i met many of these people & only a small portion were so called "Alawites" many were also Ismail'i, Druze, Christian & even Sunna! That is why i say it is cultural belief as opposed to religious belief. I asked every single one of them what they "remembered" from their "past life" & subhan Allah all they could "remember" was who their mother or father was, what village they lived in, who they were married to etc. NOT ONE of them could tell me about the two angels, or about what questions they were asked, or what they saw when they died, only things that were wordly & that could be taught to them. In short it is a ridiculous belief & ANYBODY who believes in it is misguided!

5. Please, to have a clear view of your beliefs, could you give us the references of your books of ahadith, and the books of your shouyoukhs (ulemas) ?

Again the majority of our teachings & books are the same. If you would like some contemporary books by Alawite mSheiyakh there are books by Dr. Sheikh Assad al-Ali (Marja), there are books by al-Sheikh Ali Sleiman & the original "Alawite" book Al Hidaya al-Kubra by Abi Abdallah al-Hussein ibn Hamadan al-Khasibi. These books are available in many book stores, i have seen them in Riverwood & Arncliffe (Sydney).

This link will give you an insight into Alawite theology.

http://www.elgadir.com/alevi/maktaba/alanbaul-hafiyye.pdf

It is an Arabic text. I don't know where there is a translated version as yet.

the original "Alawite" book Al Hidaya al-Kubra by Abi Abdallah al-Hussein ibn Hamadan al-Khasibi.

And what do you know about al-Khasibi?

Here's a little test, what's your view on the four safirs of the twelfth Imam Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã?

These books are available in many book stores, i have seen them in Riverwood & Arncliffe (Sydney).

I'm suspecting there's a pretty big difference between `Alawis such as yourself living in Australia, and `Alawis that actually live in Syria.

Salam 3alykum brother macisaac,

We believe that every Imam had a "Bab" or gate to his knowledge. This is also made evident by the Imams themselves (as);

http://shiaonlinelibrary.com/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D8%AA%D8%A8/1275_%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%AE-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D8%A6%D9%85%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AC%D9%85%D9%88%D8%B9%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D8%A7%D8%AA%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%BA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%AF%D9%8A/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D9%81%D8%AD%D8%A9_43#top

Amirul Mu'mineen (as) said to Abu Dharr ®:

“If Salman were to inform you of all that he possesses knowledge of, you would surely say: ‘May God have mercy upon the murderer of Salman.’ O’ Abu Dharr! Salman is the ‘door’ of Allah upon the earth. One, who recognises his status, is a Mu'min while one, who rejects him, is an infidel. Salman is (one) of us, Ahlul Bayt.” Muntaha al-amal Shaykh Abbas Qumi, vol. 1, pg. 114.

The "Bab" to Imam Hassan al-Askari & Imam al-Mahdi was Muhammad ibn Nusair. Contrary to what you may have read about him & believe about him he NEVER declared lordship for himself or for the Imams. This was slander against him by those who didn't accept his position. Also the works by Sheikh al-Tusi were he says things about him been a "homosexual" are again ridiculous & absurd. There is NO historical evidence to back any of those claims.

Regarding al-Khasibi he was a Shia scholar. There are hadith related from him in Kitab al-Kafi. He was learned in the biographies of the Imams & of the Holy Prophet & was known to be an expert in the Arabic language. Again many accusations have been thrown at him particular referring to him as a Ghulat. al-Sayyed Mohsin al-Ameen, writer of "A`yan-ush-Shi`ah", defends al-Khasibi by saying that the ill words against him stem from al-Ghadhairi. al-Ghadhairi himself is WEAK (due to lack of authenticity of his works), and other scholars like al-Allamah al-Hilli and Ibn Dawud followed what Ibn al-Ghadhairi purportedly wrote. Al-Najjashi, who was a direct student of al-Ghadhairi also said that he (al-Ghadhairi) was fasid-ul-madhab. Al-Sheikh Al-Tusi never mentioned anything against him, and mentioned that he was teacher of Al-Tal`akbari, a great scholar, and Al-Tal`akbari narrated from him by Ijazah, which indicates his reliablilty and points to the idea that he was of the mainstream Imami ulama.

I notice you avoided answering my question about the four safirs. I didn't ask what you thought about the "bab" of the Imam that you claim, someone who the ancient sources are pretty clear claimed to be a prophet. Perhaps you realized that if you told us what you thought of them, people would realize your ghali cult is not really just like us.

As to its teachings, are you really going to try to claim that Nusayrism does not believe in the concept of the ma`na, ism/hijab and bab (your "trinity")? Unfortunately for you, books from your religion have become available for others to read and see what it's teachings actually are, including reincarnation and the incorporation of non-Islamic holidays which you've denied, as well as other heresies you have not mentioned such as belief in the docetism of Imam al-Husayn عليه السلام.

As to al-Khasibi, while not much of his own works have survived, some reconstruction of his heresies and life can be achieved by reference to manuscripts and quotes from his successors. See here:

http://www.scribd.co...ri-Alawite-Sect

As to its teachings, are you really going to try to claim that Nusayrism does not believe in the concept of the ma`na, ism/hijab and bab (your "trinity")?

Precisely; 'Ayn - Meem - Seen ...

I notice you avoided answering my question about the four safirs. I didn't ask what you thought about the "bab" of the Imam that you claim, someone who the ancient sources are pretty clear claimed to be a prophet. Perhaps you realized that if you told us what you thought of them, people would realize your ghali cult is not really just like us.

As to its teachings, are you really going to try to claim that Nusayrism does not believe in the concept of the ma`na, ism/hijab and bab (your "trinity")? Unfortunately for you, books from your religion have become available for others to read and see what it's teachings actually are, including reincarnation and the incorporation of non-Islamic holidays which you've denied, as well as other heresies you have not mentioned such as belief in the docetism of Imam al-Husayn عليه السلام.

As to al-Khasibi, while not much of his own works have survived, some reconstruction of his heresies and life can be achieved by reference to manuscripts and quotes from his successors. See here:

http://www.scribd.co...ri-Alawite-Sect

Salam 3alykum brother macisaac,

Firstly i notice that you don't return the Salam, even though it is obligatory upon a believer. However i will address your question & ridiculous assertions.

If you believe in the concept of Babat as the Imams have stated to us on many occasions, then logically do you take from the Bab or the Safir? The answer to that question is your answer.

Regarding the link that you posted & the other assertions you put forth, they are very WEAK. The biography of al-Khasibi that you have presented was written by a Jewish author (Yaron Friedman) who has also written praising Omar ibn Khattab as the greatest Islamic Caliph. He says under the leadership of Omar the Jewish community was "revived". He also attempts to destroy modern Shia leaders ranging from Ayatallah Khomeini to President Ahmadinejad for their positions on Islam & Judaism & namely the issue of Palestinian rights.

Further to that in his works he has used very weak sources. He quotes a book called "al-Bakura al-Sulaymiyya fi kashaf Asrar al-Alawiyya" by a man known as "Suleiman al-Adani". This character is unknown & NO historical record of his existence has been found in Syria. The only information we have about him, is in itself damning to his character. He is according to his own book a man who was "Alawy, then Jewish, then Sunni & then Christian." He is also the "source of Kitab al-Majmu. Historically this figure appears at an opportune time for the French Coloniser's who were hoping to split Syria into parts as they did in Lebanon (Alawiyya, Druze, Sunni, Christians etc)! In fact ALL of the "known" works of the Alawiyya appear in that timeframe.

NO Alawite leader has ever recognised any of those works to be authentic & in fact have refuted the teachings in them on many occasions.

On the issue of trinity again that is FALSE. The concept of Maana, Ism & Bab is not an Alawite concept it is a Shi'ite concept, of the highest level of understanding. If you don't believe me look in your books or better yet here is a lecture for you to watch.

We are NOT Ghulat, we do NOT believe in the divinity of ANY human being & we do NOT believe in any of the other assertions you have made. We simply accepted the concept of Babat.

Precisely; 'Ayn - Meem - Seen ...

Salam 3alykum brother Abdul Qaim,

Ayn - Meem - Seen is a concoction of the French agent "Sulayman al-Adani". In my reply to brother macisaac i have addressed that issue.