Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Is The Shia View On The Syria Issue?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I have been wondering what is the view on this forum of the situation in Syria.

There have been so many disturbing videos on youtube and it seems that these syrian militan men and soldiers are so brutal and heartless. Videos of a man being buried alive, men and boys being beaten to a bloody pullp, men being whipped and holes being drilled into them, men and women being burned to death aswell sunni families being rounded up and beaten. Rounding up school kids to torture them and raping women, An alawite woman confessed that for money she help kindap girls to send to her boss to be raped?

what the hell?? how heartless are these people? the soldiers and militiamen in all these videos show no remorse and seem to sadistically enjoy inflicting such horrible pain. They even force some of these poor people to bow down to pictures of assad and recite his name in the kalimah (astaghfirullah).

To make things worse - there is clearly a sectarian theme in these killings. Its the alawites and some christians killing sunnis. Not that this should matter as a human is a human - wallahi if the stuff that I have seen was done to animals I would get upset let alone a human irrespective of their religion.

As a sunni I condemn the sectarian killings in Pakistan, Saudi, Bahrain, Egypt and across the whole world. I hope the Americans or Israelis use drone attacks to target syrian tanks and troops to stop the killings. The arab league are impotent.

• Advanced Member

Are you sure you have all the pertinent facts? Because the govt is run by an Alawite so why would his co-religionists be behind the troubles? Unless you mean the anti-rebel (so pro-govt people) are doing the killing?

Either way, oppression is bad, goes against the teachings of Holy Prophet (saww) and the Holy Imams (as).

I know little about the true drivers of the 'uprising' but wouldn't be surprised if it were external agencies; Syria is a strategically important country and efforts to destabilise it (on the back of the so-called 'Arab Spring' uprisings) seem to be afoot.

ALI

• Advanced Member

^^^

I think your assessment is a little lop-sided, no? The initial uprising was by 'sunnis' (more likely extremists really) and the counter is by pro-govt forces (Alawite or otherwise)? I've also heard or read about rebels killing Shi'ah so it cuts both ways but in any case it's NOT good.

ALI

• Advanced Member

^^^

I think your assessment is a little lop-sided, no? The initial uprising was by 'sunnis' (more likely extremists really) and the counter is by pro-govt forces (Alawite or otherwise)? I've also heard or read about rebels killing Shi'ah so it cuts both ways but in any case it's NOT good.

ALI

just youtube syrian torture and you will see who is doing all the killings and torture. the sunnis and others just wanted freedom from this barbaric regime kinda like in bahrain. whats wrong with them demonstrating and uprising against this brutal regime? I have not seen any videos on youtube of them killing shias (albeit i dont know arabic). i think i am not the one who is lop-sided here

• Advanced Member

just youtube syrian torture and you will see who is doing all the killings and torture. the sunnis and others just wanted freedom from this barbaric regime kinda like in bahrain. whats wrong with them demonstrating and uprising against this brutal regime? I have not seen any videos on youtube of them killing shias (albeit i dont know arabic). i think i am not the one who is lop-sided here

I think you misunderstood? Whoever wants the freedom also has weapons and has killed people to try to gain it? Whether they've tortured or hurt innocent people I don't know but have heard or read this has occurred.

Like I said though, oppression is NOT something any Shi'ah can condone and if the leader happens to be Alawite it makes no difference. Wrong is wrong and the situation there is tragic as lives are being lost.

ALI

• Advanced Member

I think you misunderstood? Whoever wants the freedom also has weapons and has killed people to try to gain it? Whether they've tortured or hurt innocent people I don't know but have heard or read this has occurred.

Like I said though, oppression is NOT something any Shi'ah can condone and if the leader happens to be Alawite it makes no difference. Wrong is wrong and the situation there is tragic as lives are being lost.

ALI

A minority of the demonstrators are arrmed i.e the Free Syrian Army and appear to be ex soldiers, most demonstrators are just normal citizens like you and I. The brutality of this regime I think in my opinion has out weighed the other muslim regimes and an other regime that I can think of. I have never been so appalled by the constant youtube videos that I have seen of the attrocities. Bashar Kalbi sure fooled me with his charisma !!!!!!.

may Allah swt grant the duas of the demonstrators. ameen.

• Veteran Member

the greatest mistake iran ever made was too back assad against the muslims

in years to come historians will show this was the start of the iranian regime

falling itself they are their own worst enemy.

hmmm is it a greater mistake than the Saudi conspiring with the US against Islam?

or

Turkey regime joining NATO?

or

Jordan regime guaranteeing Israeli independence?

or

Egypt regime recognising Israel as a sovereign state?

For this we don’t need to wait for the future, because the present speaks for itself.

Edited by RiseOrDie

• Advanced Member

In cities where fighting is going on people are in mixed feelings but in most syrian cities where nothing is happening most people are pro assad.

There are mass pro assad gatherings taking place in cities. How can people be against him then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ASvU-I_uA

Watch this youtube channel. It has all the data.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ProBasharRallysWorld/videos

• Advanced Member

Im sorry to say but alot of these videos are quite old and the massacres and torture has got alot worse. Yes there are many people i.e. mainly christians and alawites who support him vehemently. But to actually propogate that most people support him is false - its very easy to demonstrate in favour of a tyrant but its very diffcult to demonstrate against him. So many people have demostrated against Assad but how many more people are against him but will not protest due to fear??

But even then - just because he may have large support does not mean its right?/ he is still a tyrant and the people who "suppport" him - well..... it says alot about them !!!!

• Advanced Member

Im sorry to say but alot of these videos are quite old and the massacres and torture has got alot worse. Yes there are many people i.e. mainly christians and alawites who support him vehemently. But to actually propogate that most people support him is false - its very easy to demonstrate in favour of a tyrant but its very diffcult to demonstrate against him. So many people have demostrated against Assad but how many more people are against him but will not protest due to fear??

But even then - just because he may have large support does not mean its right?/ he is still a tyrant and the people who "suppport" him - well..... it says alot about them !!!!

i would be wary about an movement that is supported by Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Europe and the US.. and on the flip side, a regime that is supported by Iran and Hezbollah, Russia. it shouldn't be hard to put the pieces together, its common sense isn't it. I give you a clue, the keyword is ISRAEL.

• Advanced Member

Just get out of your jealous attitude and look at international politics without taking into consideration sunni or shia factor.

• Advanced Member

i would be wary about an movement that is supported by Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Europe and the US.. and on the flip side, a regime that is supported by Iran and Hezbollah, Russia. it shouldn't be hard to put the pieces together, its common sense isn't it. I give you a clue, the keyword is ISRAEL.

I can see what you are saying - but the way assad has been killing and torturing his own people I have never seen such disgusting videos on youtube and never seen such barbarism in my lifetime. For crying out loud - they bury a guy alive they mock the salah and beat amd torture whom they capture -Im sorry but international politics become seconday when such killing is taking place.

Just get out of your jealous attitude and look at international politics without taking into consideration sunni or shia factor.

Im sorry bro but I am not jealoused (not sure what you mean !!!!) nor am I looking at this in a sectarian light - after all I support the shia protesters who want freedom in Saudi and Bahrain. If anyone is sectarian here its my shia brothers and sisters who support a brutal, heartless killing machine just because he is alawite and because of some conspiracy in terms of international politics which you is hearsay and you have no proof. Whereas the killing is happening infront of your eyes and yet you show no humanity because its all about keeping iran and hizbullah strong. I am sorry you are the one who is sectarian. A tyrant is a tyrant and hence unislamic be it Assad, Saddam, Gaddafi or Hosni Mobarak irrespective of their sect or international politics. A life is a life and is sacred irrespective of their religion or who they are.

I would rather be living in Gaza right now than be in Homs. Its about time some military action was taken to protect the civilians

• Advanced Member

I can see what you are saying - but the way assad has been killing and torturing his own people I have never seen such disgusting videos on youtube and never seen such barbarism in my lifetime. For crying out loud - they bury a guy alive they mock the salah and beat amd torture whom they capture -Im sorry but international politics become seconday when such killing is taking place.

Im sorry bro but I am not jealoused (not sure what you mean !!!!) nor am I looking at this in a sectarian light - after all I support the shia protesters who want freedom in Saudi and Bahrain. If anyone is sectarian here its my shia brothers and sisters who support a brutal, heartless killing machine just because he is alawite and because of some conspiracy in terms of international politics which you is hearsay and you have no proof. Whereas the killing is happening infront of your eyes and yet you show no humanity because its all about keeping iran and hizbullah strong. I am sorry you are the one who is sectarian. A tyrant is a tyrant and hence unislamic be it Assad, Saddam, Gaddafi or Hosni Mobarak irrespective of their sect or international politics. A life is a life and is sacred irrespective of their religion or who they are.

I would rather be living in Gaza right now than be in Homs. Its about time some military action was taken to protect the civilians

What are we suppose to believe then. There is no leadership in opposition which represent their one view, currently only Saudi Arab, Qatar, and US is representing them. The day Assad regime step down there will be lot more blood shed then it is happening now.

I have strong feelings for innocent civilians that are oppressed, who ever side they may be. Assad means nothing to any Muslim but he represent some people, opposition on other hand don't have any leadership and they are just involve in fighting. Do you know who your leadership is and what are they going to offer to you and how?

Edited by fightingsoul001

• Advanced Member

Most of Syria is safe, so don't believe the lies that the whole country is in turmoil, (Syria is 23million of coarse) the problem for you it looks like you are only watching propaganda from, anti regime sources either be it arab or western but are all in with the same zionist axis.

Now for the areas that are unsafe the civilians do want military action to be conducted by the Syrian army because there is armed terrorist taking over the neighborhoods and causing havoc.

Im surprised you are unaware that they burying video is an exposed fake...(google, syria fake burial video)

there is littrally hundreds of videos exposing false propaganda in Syria, you should at least have the capacity to look at these objectivly.

Keep in mind Bashar is not anti-sunni, never has been, his wife is sunni and he is supported by most the population, which is sunni, im not saying everything has always been fine, but when you have enemies like Israel,US and Saudi Arabia, countries who thrieve on disunity between muslims then things in your country will not always be perfect, because the alternative is 1000 times worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T8TKxECsco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwl7BVCRXiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S1SPDqkpLU&feature=plcp

• Advanced Member

Most of Syria is safe, so don't believe the lies that the whole country is in turmoil, (Syria is 23million of coarse) the problem for you it looks like you are only watching propaganda from, anti regime sources either be it arab or western but are all in with the same zionist axis.

Now for the areas that are unsafe the civilians do want military action to be conducted by the Syrian army because there is armed terrorist taking over the neighborhoods and causing havoc.

Im surprised you are unaware that they burying video is an exposed fake...(google, syria fake burial video)

there is littrally hundreds of videos exposing false propaganda in Syria, you should at least have the capacity to look at these objectivly.

Keep in mind Bashar is not anti-sunni, never has been, his wife is sunni and he is supported by most the population, which is sunni, im not saying everything has always been fine, but when you have enemies like Israel,US and Saudi Arabia, countries who thrieve on disunity between muslims then things in your country will not always be perfect, because the alternative is 1000 times worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T8TKxECsco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwl7BVCRXiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S1SPDqkpLU&feature=plcp

I am unaware of any fake videos - how can burying someone alive be fake??? In terms of your videos they look strange to say the least - are you sure you are not misunderstanding them especially the bottom one - it just looks like a joke rather than attempt to fake a video.

i am not saying that bashar assad is anti sunni - I despise him because of the killings and torture which cannot be justified under the pretext of international politics. If he is so anti israel - why not retake Golan Heights??

I am against mass killing be it in Homs or in Bahrain, be it on shia or sunni, be it by sunni or shia. Assad need to pay for his crimes - end of story.

• Advanced Member

A agree with south-lebanoon

All it takes to desablise a country is for 50 pll supported by money and weapons. And also the currupt media from al jazeera and cnn

im sorry mate but just because iran and hizbullah support assad does not justify all that killing - where is your humanity?

i am sure you have a different opinion on the bahrain and eastern part of saudi arabia where the shias are protesting.

• Advanced Member

I am unaware of any fake videos - how can burying someone alive be fake??? In terms of your videos they look strange to say the least - are you sure you are not misunderstanding them especially the bottom one - it just looks like a joke rather than attempt to fake a video.

i am not saying that bashar assad is anti sunni - I despise him because of the killings and torture which cannot be justified under the pretext of international politics. If he is so anti israel - why not retake Golan Heights??

I am against mass killing be it in Homs or in Bahrain, be it on shia or sunni, be it by sunni or shia. Assad need to pay for his crimes - end of story.

I showed you 3 videos that are undoubtedly show false propaganda against the regime

the 1st showed a mother that had her son killed by gunman after the Syrian military had withdrawn from her neighborhood, then the boy was taken by unknown people saying they were taking him to a hospital, then the child appears on a front story on aljazeera news which featured the boys lifeless body on display in an anti syrian-regime propaganda video claiming" assads thugs did it" then the body was returned to her....There is no way a woman will give up the justice of her child for the Sake of protecting the government.

2nd video showed a group of youths rehearsing a fake scene that they were involved in a massacre

3rd video is of the one time Darling of this so-called Syrian revolution, now he has disappeared into oblivion because he was exposed severely as a liar.. just type Danny, Syria ,liar to see his lies exposed on youtube.

4th video although you'v concluded its just a group of a group guys having a laugh, it should at least give you the impression of how easy it is to lie and create a false propaganda video. weather they intended to turn this into a false propaganda video or not.

The reason why Assad hasn't gone to war with Israel is probably because his army will get crushed, Syria has had 2 wars with Israel in the last 45 years and had numerous other skirmishes, the Israeli army is much more powerful because it receives the newest stuff from the US , however in the last few years the US has started to demise militarily which makes Israel more vulnerable, since Israel is only as strong as what the US gives it, which brings the nessecity for Israel to bring down its enemies that pose the greatest threat to its existence.

The US and Saudi Arabia don't care about democracy or human rights, they are actually supporting the upheaval in Syria to create even more authoritarianism, they just want to safeguard Israel which safeguards their intrests

• Advanced Member

I won't completely side with Assad, like most Lebanese Shii's would. What is happening from both sides is absolutely wrong. Don't take sides with anything and use your common sense.

Bottom line is, the abc's of war and political troubles in the Middle East begin with America and Israel. They're the catalysts of the corruption taking place in Syria and although I condemn what CIA/MOSSAD are doing, it doesn't mean the issue is black and white here. In the end, Allah knows; because truth is such a rare thing and doesn't always win. It's up to us to use our common sense and knowledge with the matter and judge for ourselves instead of speaking within a Shia, Sunni or Alawi voice.

Edited by Blissful

• Advanced Member

Q'aim

Well, I guess my family members that were killed or detained by Bashar are "faking it" too.

Ayubi786

INNA LILLAHI WA INNA ALAIHEY RAJIOON

BROTHER Allah IS MERCIFUL THERE WILL BE JUSTICE THERE WILL BE JUDGMENT

MAY Allah SWT GIVE YOU PATIENCE AT THIS TERRIBLE TIME FOR YOU

MAY Allah SWT PROTECT THE INNOCENTS

MAY Allah SWT GUIDE US ON THE STRAIGHT PATH

Edited by Ayubi786

• Advanced Member

This is getting ridicilous - there are hundereds of videos alone on youtube that clearly show torture and brutality by the syrian regime - a handful of dodgy videos will not change this fact !!!. the perpatrators are identified as alawi due to their dialect.

now why is it so hard to condemn the attrocities?? instead of coming out with garbage about what usa, israel and saudi are planning.

Like i said before i reckon the palestinians in gaza have got it easy compared to the people of homs who are being killed by their "syrian brothers".

the worst sin a man can commit after shirk is murder and this regime is doing plenty of it

This is getting ridicilous - there are hundereds of videos alone on youtube that clearly show torture and brutality by the syrian regime - a handful of dodgy videos will not change this fact !!!. the perpatrators are identified as alawi due to their dialect.

now why is it so hard to condemn the attrocities?? instead of coming out with garbage about what usa, israel and saudi are planning.

Like i said before i reckon the palestinians in gaza have got it easy compared to the people of homs who are being killed by their "syrian brothers".

the worst sin a man can commit after shirk is murder and this regime is doing plenty of it

Link us with these videos?

• Advanced Member

now why is it so hard to condemn the atrocities?? instead of coming out with garbage about what usa, Israel and saudi are planning.

Like i said before i reckon the Palestinians in gaza have got it easy compared to the people of homs who are being killed by their "syrian brothers".

I am in no one's side. I love people only but I want to know which person or person of body is representing opposition and what are their goals and agenda in long term. Unless we can find these answers how can we support them.

Every one know ignorance is our worst enemy and in these situations it becomes even more dangerous. So for taking sides we have to educate ourselves first.

I know govt. leadership and their plans.. But where is opposition side, why don't they come forward.

Currently I am with people on both sides but not with their representation because they are both flawed.

What could have been achieved through talks is converted into fanaticism and tyranny, and instead of themselves they are sacrificing poor people. I am especially talking about opposition.

What would have happened if Assad would have killed 2-3 of their spokes person in an attempt to agree to talk to govt. But instead they presented poor people to fight. Is there any human factor you see in their actions?

• Advanced Member

I am in no one's side. I love people only but I want to know which person or person of body is representing opposition and what are their goals and agenda in long term. Unless we can find these answers how can we support them.

Every one know ignorance is our worst enemy and in these situations it becomes even more dangerous. So for taking sides we have to educate ourselves first.

I know govt. leadership and their plans.. But where is opposition side, why don't they come forward.

Currently I am with people on both sides but not with their representation because they are both flawed.

What could have been achieved through talks is converted into fanaticism and tyranny, and instead of themselves they are sacrificing poor people. I am especially talking about opposition.

What would have happened if Assad would have killed 2-3 of their spokes person in an attempt to agree to talk to govt. But instead they presented poor people to fight. Is there any human factor you see in their actions?

when the government kills its own people then we must advise them the haqq - you make alot of sense - but the government is killing all the protestors - they are not just fighting the Free Syrian Army. They are killing protestors and students just like in Bahrain who also just want freedom.

unfortunately most of the shia who have responded cannot see this and just hide behind a conspiracy about israel and saudi and usa.

I must admit initially I liked bashar for his stance with hamas - i remember he said in a press conference with UK PM Tony Blair that hamas were not terrorists but are freedom fighters just after 9/11. But obviously I was fooled

• Advanced Member

when the government kills its own people then we must advise them the haqq - you make alot of sense - but the government is killing all the protestors - they are not just fighting the Free Syrian Army. They are killing protestors and students just like in Bahrain who also just want freedom.

unfortunately most of the shia who have responded cannot see this and just hide behind a conspiracy about israel and saudi and usa.

I must admit initially I liked bashar for his stance with hamas - i remember he said in a press conference with UK PM Tony Blair that hamas were not terrorists but are freedom fighters just after 9/11. But obviously I was fooled

In that case you should just admit that you are only with people of Syria. Your support for free Syrian army will prove dangerous for your fellow Syrians in long run, if you don't know each and every fact about them.

On other hand we are outsiders we can't judge Syrian situation from TV alone unless we see situation on ground. If we like it or not but our mind will accept only those things which we conclude from our commonsense. Your commonsense may tell you something else but we have not that much knowledge as you have. One Syrian is telling one thing other Syrian say something else.

Even if we are wrong in misunderstanding some situations, you people should forgive us. Our intentions are not to increase your sufferings but to lessen them but we are currently powerless.

Don't follow free Syrian army or Assad forces. Make your own strong leadership secretly from people among you. Inshallah you will succeed once you people stand together against both of them and make a strong leadership with no affiliations. Free Syrian army and Assad forces are just lazy insects in front of people's power. Crush both of them.

And Please Brother don't blame all of this on Shias. We Shias have been through wars and prosecutions since last 25 years by your fellow Muslim brothers. Who find it a spiritual duty to kill each and every Shia.

So we have more experience of sectarian wars than you will ever have. And I can feel your pain too because it is similar pain of betrayal that we have been feeling for 25 years.

But for our turn no body even cared or felt because they were your more close friends than Shias but believe me every Shia feel for every Syrian citizen in same way as they feel for Shia. Only you are unable to see.

• Advanced Member

In that case you should just admit that you are only with people of Syria. Your support for free Syrian army will prove dangerous for your fellow Syrians in long run, if you don't know each and every fact about them.

On other hand we are outsiders we can't judge Syrian situation from TV alone unless we see situation on ground. If we like it or not but our mind will accept only those things which we conclude from our commonsense. Your commonsense may tell you something else but we have not that much knowledge as you have. One Syrian is telling one thing other Syrian say something else.

Even if we are wrong in misunderstanding some situations, you people should forgive us. Our intentions are not to increase your sufferings but to lessen them but we are currently powerless.

Don't follow free Syrian army or Assad forces. Make your own strong leadership secretly from people among you. Inshallah you will succeed once you people stand together against both of them and make a strong leadership with no affiliations. Free Syrian army and Assad forces are just lazy insects in front of people's power. Crush both of them.

And Please Brother don't blame all of this on Shias. We Shias have been through wars and prosecutions since last 25 years by your fellow Muslim brothers. Who find it a spiritual duty to kill each and every Shia.

So we have more experience of sectarian wars than you will ever have. And I can feel your pain too because it is similar pain of betrayal that we have been feeling for 25 years.

But for our turn no body even cared or felt because they were your more close friends than Shias but believe me every Shia feel for every Syrian citizen in same way as they feel for Shia. Only you are unable to see.

I hope I dont come across blaming shias because that is certainly not my intention.

By Allah swt - I never blame all shias or any shia nor do I see this as a sectarian issue between shias and sunnis. Wallahi - It makes me sick to the core when I read that shias have been massacred by bombings in muharram or in their masjids. If the sunnis take control of syria and then they in revenge massacre the alawites and christians then I 100% would condemn this.

The only aspect of shia belief that I abhorr is their vilification of the sahabah which has no limits for some shias. Otherwise I dont have a sectarian vision.

I support the rights of the shias in bahrain and the hazaras in Quetta. Unforunately the muslim world and in particular the arab world is in so much turmoil that the media in the west imply that they are barbarians almost.

Its just that in syria - I have never seen such attrocities in my lifetime on such a scale and with the media age we are in so in your face- the only other massacre that I can think of is when the hindus in Gujarat massacred in the muslims in 2000.

Why cant the muslims i.e. sunni and shia live together

• Advanced Member

I hope I dont come across blaming shias because that is certainly not my intention.

By Allah swt - I never blame all shias or any shia nor do I see this as a sectarian issue between shias and sunnis. Wallahi - It makes me sick to the core when I read that shias have been massacred by bombings in muharram or in their masjids. If the sunnis take control of syria and then they in revenge massacre the alawites and christians then I 100% would condemn this.

The only aspect of shia belief that I abhorr is their vilification of the sahabah which has no limits for some shias. Otherwise I dont have a sectarian vision.

I support the rights of the shias in bahrain and the hazaras in Quetta. Unforunately the muslim world and in particular the arab world is in so much turmoil that the media in the west imply that they are barbarians almost.

Its just that in syria - I have never seen such attrocities in my lifetime on such a scale and with the media age we are in so in your face- the only other massacre that I can think of is when the hindus in Gujarat massacred in the muslims in 2000.

Why cant the muslims i.e. sunni and shia live together

Brother why should we focus on personalities of Islam. Our Islam is belief in Allah, Prophet (pbuh), and Holy Quran. What does Sahabas have to do with Islam? Why are you defending them when they don't mean any thing to Islamic belief. You will also realize our point of view when see history through our eyes. Why are you misunderstand this point that how you see sahabas through your interpretation of history, shias also respect those people. But how can we respect those who have killed Ahlulbait (as) out of jealousy. Ask from your own heart will you still respect them if see them having killed Ahlulbait (as) in jealousy? If it is only difference of history, then what are we fighting for? Is not it utter nonsense, that we are fighting only to prove ourselves right.

We are watching these atrocities almost every day for last 10 years but we are never projected in TV. That phenomena is not new for us.

Syrian people should never split even if these war mongers force you so. If you people split yourself in Alawites, Sunnis and Christians be ready for your massive killings one by one.

I am so much sure of these things that I can even give you a Gaurentee of these things. So don't split yourselves.

• Advanced Member

Brother why should we focus on personalities of Islam. Our Islam is belief in Allah, Prophet (pbuh), and Holy Quran. What does Sahabas have to do with Islam? Why are you defending them when they don't mean any thing to Islamic belief. You will also realize our point of view when see history through our eyes. Why are you misunderstand this point that how you see sahabas through your interpretation of history, shias also respect those people. But how can we respect those who have killed Ahlulbait (as) out of jealousy. Ask from your own heart will you still respect them if see them having killed Ahlulbait (as) in jealousy? If it is only difference of history, then what are we fighting for? Is not it utter nonsense, that we are fighting only to prove ourselves right.

We are watching these atrocities almost every day for last 10 years but we are never projected in TV. That phenomena is not new for us.

Syrian people should never split even if these war mongers force you so. If you people split yourself in Alawites, Sunnis and Christians be ready for your massive killings one by one.

I am so much sure of these things that I can even give you a Gaurentee of these things. So don't split yourselves.

well... yes we believe Allah swt, quran and sunnah is the way of sucess for this life and the hereafter, But if Allah swt says in the quran i am pleased with them and they with me i.e. referring to the sahabah then the sahabah were not a normal bunch of people.

Now you and I do focus on personalities because we are alive 1400 years after the prophet pbuh so we rely on those people who were around at the time of the prophet pbuh and then every generation after.

e.g. sunnis believe through quran ayahs and sayings of the prophet pbuh that the fallible sahabah including ali ra, hassan ra, hussain ra, fatimah ra, ammar bin yasir ra, abu dhar ra, salma al farsi ra and the rest were the best of generation and they transmitted the message of the prophet pbuh to the generations after and after. Sunnis have their own history about the sahaabah and how glorious they were,

shias believe in the ahlelbayt and specifically wilayah of the infallible 12 imams who were divinely appointed to continue the message of the prophet pbuh and their proof is their hadiths. the shias have their own narrations of history hence you believe the ahlalbayt were oppressed

now we both rely on personalities - lets just agree to disagree with who they were. The big difference is that the shias are abit abusive about the sahabah whereas sunnis love the ahlelbayt (please do not reply by saying sunnis dont love ahlelbayt coz we do). I guess what you can only do is to verify which history version is authentic or unauthetic

• Advanced Member

well... yes we believe Allah swt, quran and sunnah is the way of sucess for this life and the hereafter, But if Allah swt says in the quran i am pleased with them and they with me i.e. referring to the sahabah then the sahabah were not a normal bunch of people.

Now you and I do focus on personalities because we are alive 1400 years after the prophet pbuh so we rely on those people who were around at the time of the prophet pbuh and then every generation after.

e.g. sunnis believe through quran ayahs and sayings of the prophet pbuh that the fallible sahabah including ali ra, hassan ra, hussain ra, fatimah ra, ammar bin yasir ra, abu dhar ra, salma al farsi ra and the rest were the best of generation and they transmitted the message of the prophet pbuh to the generations after and after. Sunnis have their own history about the sahaabah and how glorious they were,

shias believe in the ahlelbayt and specifically wilayah of the infallible 12 imams who were divinely appointed to continue the message of the prophet pbuh and their proof is their hadiths. the shias have their own narrations of history hence you believe the ahlalbayt were oppressed

now we both rely on personalities - lets just agree to disagree with who they were. The big difference is that the shias are abit abusive about the sahabah whereas sunnis love the ahlelbayt (please do not reply by saying sunnis dont love ahlelbayt coz we do). I guess what you can only do is to verify which history version is authentic or unauthetic

Lolz. this topic is turning into an other discussion. Shias are not allowed to abuse any sahaba, we only hate them through our interpretation of history which is natural and uncontrollable. How can someone control its feeling.

I am follower of Imam khamenei and he has refused us from abusing sahabas. I know about him atleast that he have rejected this idea of abusing sahabas. Others may also have issued fatwa regarding this but I don't follow them and therefore don't know about them.

So you can blame a particular person for abusing sahaba but you have no right to blame everyone for doing such acts. I am a shia but I even hate this idea of someone abusing them. In my mind, I think they want to prove their superiority over other people which infect is wrong approach.

Similarly in discussions we should also be open to new ideas and should not offended by these things because after all we are here to remove misunderstandings.

U have mentioned Quran then this is also a part of Quran.

3.103 : And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided.

What do you make out of this order of Allah (swt) and how well are you responding to this call. This question should be asked from every Muslim brother in the world who don't work for unity.