Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iran Filters Khamenei's Filtering Fatwa!

Rate this topic

satan.gif

(bismillah)

72_15.png

But as for the unjust, they will be, for Hell, firewood. 72:15

Philip....

1. There are conflicting reports about who is behind the assassinations. You've just typed that into Google and cherry-picked your articles. One of the nuclear scientists was a critic of the Iranian regime, and had previously been jailed for his dissent. Many suspect he was killed by the government. Even those sources you selected, some say Mossad alone, some say Mossad and CIA, some say Mossad and CIA and MEK, etc, etc.

2. Here is a source speaking of the Basiji and Hezbollahi complaining of the internet censorship: http://www.digarban.com/node/5919

3. Takfiri is the domain of Wahhabis, your constant accusations of me being Jewish are beginning to grow a little tiresome....

we all know that CIA, Mossad, MI6 etc are all the same .. they all want the downfall of IRI .. i got you enough sources .. and even without any sources it's obvious ..

is being jewish being a kafir? i am still convinced you're not a muslim .. you're posing .. i already suspected that before .. but no muslim will confuse a hadith with quran .. that just doesn't happen !!!

and your source is iranian, so can't read it ..

satan.gif

(bismillah)

72_15.png

But as for the unjust, they will be, for Hell, firewood. 72:15

we all know that CIA, Mossad, MI6 etc are all the same .. they all want the downfall of IRI .. i got you enough sources .. and even without any sources it's obvious ..

is being jewish being a kafir? i am still convinced you're not a muslim .. you're posing .. i already suspected that before .. but no muslim will confuse a hadith with quran .. that just doesn't happen !!!

and your source is iranian, so can't read it ..

And your Hadith was Arabic, so I couldn't read it. (the name of the language is "Persian" btw, or "Farsi", not "Iranian")

You're a tiresome little child, and I'm not any longer going to bother replying to your constant barrage of nonsense peppered with insults.

• Advanced Member
One might wish to tolerate it, but not because they are good things to be preserved, but because free speech favours the true faith. However, history has shown that free speech is not always prudent. It's a hard choice.

Yes, this is largely where I come from. I don't have any fondness for the stuff they want to block, and understand why they'd value the goal of blocking/eliminating it. But I dislike the government having the power to regulate speech and communication. It so easily slips into ugly oppressive territory.

baradar jackson, you would be right, except you're not.

Supporters of Ahmadinejad are currently on trial or in prison for "expressing their freedom of speech", which they would surely argue, is according to the Imam's Line. And many of the VF supporters on SC are also supporters of Ahmadinejad.

And comparing the tiny, infinitesimal number of converts who move to Iran (like, what, a dozen every year perhaps?) to the many millions of Muslims who migrate to the West (including pretty much everyone on this forum) only weakens the point you are trying to make.

• Veteran Member

Why do people take it to irrelevant extremes, freedom equates to bars/clubs? Is that really the depth of what freedom means? :wacko:

If I'm not even allowed to voice my disagreements in my own house then it's not a house, it's a prison.

I wonder if those you claim we have "freedom of speech" here in the west realize that only they do, not us that support the IRI. How well do you think my job at work will improve if i speak about how i love Ayatollah Khamenei? Can i express my emotions about Israel at school without being accused of antisemitism? How many innocent people ended up in different jail of American and Israel throughout Europe and Guantanamo bay just for saying the wrong thing? A guy at our masjid said he opposed the Israelli oppression of Palestinians on a TV interview. Two weeks later he lost his job and got so much harassed at school that he now moved back to Iran. I saw the interview myself and that is all that he said, nothing more, nothing less.

The examples are plenty enough.

Freedom is a matter of opinion, those who claim we have freedom are the same people who say the exact same thing that those we are opposing are saying, of course you have freedom, we don't!

Edited by repenter

And your Hadith was Arabic, so I couldn't read it. (the name of the language is "Persian" btw, or "Farsi", not "Iranian")

You're a tiresome little child, and I'm not any longer going to bother replying to your constant barrage of nonsense peppered with insults.

first you tell me i am not educated .. that i should stop posting quran .. while i posted a hadith !!! talk about lack of education !!

then now you tell me i'm a child and that the hadith was in arabic .. i don't even know what to tell you anymore .. don't you see that you get proven wrong in every thing you say .. isn't it embarrassing for you. and is your pride too big to admit mistakes ??

tell me .. is this arabic:

"سيأتي قوم من بعدكم ، الرجل الواحد منهم له أجر خمسين منكم ، قالوا : يا رسول الله نحن كنا معك ببدر وأحد وحنين ونزل فينا القرآن ، فقال : إنكم لو تحملوا ما حملوا لم تصبروا صبرهم"

The Prophet (SAWA) said, addressing some of his followers: “There will be a group of people after you, of whom one man’s reward is worth fifty of you.”

His followers responded: “Oh Messenger of Allah, we were with you at Badr, and Uhud, and Hunayn, and the Qur’an was descended upon us!”

The Prophet (SAWA) responded: “If you had to withstand what they must withstand, you would not have been as patient as them.”

.. can you read the part of

The Prophet (SAWA) said, addressing some of his followers:
( and the rest ?? )

everybody keeps proving you wrong .. and you just come up with more absurd statements

satan.gif

(bismillah)

7_186.png

Whoever Allah sends astray - there is no guide for him. And He leaves them in their transgression, wandering blindly. 7:186

(bismillah)

(salam)

Philip

Brother - if someone insults you, not every insult demands a reaction - and if they don't insult you, then why bother getting emotional? People will not think any less of you just because you reigned in your nafs.

Revising Sura Luqman can help in this regard:

- O my son! keep up prayer and enjoin the good and forbid the evil, and bear patiently that which befalls you; surely these acts require courage;

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

Some people must live in a parellel universe where whatever Iran does (good, bad or indifferent) is in actuality GOOD. Because Iran says it is.

Oppression is the same regardless whether the oppressor is Shi'ah or sunni. Why make comparisons to China; is that system supposedly based on the principles and teaching of the Holy Imams (as)?

You Iran-worshippers (read: child-like non-Iranians bewitched by soundbites and turbans) should really move their if you genuinely believe it's an Islamic utopia and the rest of the world is "Ibleesi secretions" otherwise you're just hypocrites who praise suppression at arms length whilst enjoying 'freedom' here.

ALI

• Veteran Member

I wonder if those you claim we have "freedom of speech" here in the west realize that only they do, not us that support the IRI. How well do you think my job at work will improve if i speak about how i love Ayatollah Khamenei? Can i express my emotions about Israel at school without being accused of antisemitism? How many innocent people ended up in different jail of American and Israel throughout Europe and Guantanamo bay just for saying the wrong thing? A guy at our masjid said he opposed the Israelli oppression of Palestinians on a TV interview. Two weeks later he lost his job and got so much harassed at school that he now moved back to Iran. I saw the interview myself and that is all that he said, nothing more, nothing less.

The examples are plenty enough.

Freedom is a matter of opinion, those who claim we have freedom are the same people who say the exact same thing that those we are opposing are saying, of course you have freedom, we don't!

The whole irony of this situation is that we have a group of people essentially saying: "The West has given you freedom of speech and you have the audacity to speak your mind?!?!?!?"

It's an inherent contradiction, regardless of the truthfulness of the statement.

• Veteran Member

The whole irony of this situation is that we have a group of people essentially saying: "The West has given you freedom of speech and you have the audacity to speak your mind?!?!?!?"

Naw man you know that's not as simple and plain as you put it. You are delibrately twisting it to suit your own personal likes and preferences. You don't accept the same for people in Iran what you get in abundance in the "glorious" West. That's the point.

Edited by Marbles

• Veteran Member

Naw man you know that's not as simple and plain as you put it. You are delibrately twisting it to suit your own personal likes and preferences. You don't accept the same for people in Iran what you get in abundance in the "glorious" West. That's the point.

You're repeating the same point which has already been refuted!

• Veteran Member

Refuted? It's not a mathematical formula. You can't refute it. You can have different opinion, though.

Here, I just gave you your democratic rights of freedom of speech.

Now, will you give me mine? :rolleyes:

• Advanced Member

Let me touch on what I think you're talking about, at least in a high level, skeleton manner.

In skeleton, your point before was, Western domiciled fans of the Iranian government in this policy are NOt hypocrites because they don't have any more freedom in their behavior over here than they would over there, because they behave, generally, and don't choose to look at / listen to / search for that filthy stuff the filters would block anyway. So it's all the same.

And this is true. Leaving aside the likelihood of "collateral damage" where the Iranian filter, as with any filter, probably blocks out all kinds of good with the bad, and leaving aside filtering efforts which are pure politics, this is true. Well behaved Muslims are not going to miss access to bad stuff anyway, so their freedom will not be impacted in that they will not be blocked from anything they would want personally to access. (In theory, anyway - as I say, it's pretty likely they would end up experiencing some innocent material being thrown out with the bathwater)

The thing is, and the point is subtle, is that over here you actually are making the choice in this regard. You have free access to whatever content is out there on the interwebs, and you make the freewill choice to police yourself. And I would argue that this actually has a higher value than if someone else had policed things for you.

It kind of comes back to the Divine gift of free will and its value. In our being free to choose good over evil in a world of temptation, we have the ability to rise higher than the angels. Because we can go either way, our doing good has added value.

I'd point out that your line of argument could also support a government policy (and this is an admittedly absurd example, but it makes the point) of having every young person under 24 hour surveillance to prevent illicit activity. This wouldn't impact good people, because they have nothing to hide anyway.

I would ask, wouldn't a better compromise policy in regards to internet filtering and protecting the youth from impurity be for the government to fund the development of filtering software, develop some ready, sound products, and then offer this for sale at a reasonable/subsidized price on the market (or even for free)? Then people can buy/install/DL the software on their computers. So that people could freely choose to do so. That way, people's freedom is respected, but the government is still fulfilling its duty to help people avoid haram? Why not do that instead? Then the "moral" citizens of Iran could have the filtered, clean internet they want, and those depraved North Tehranis would have access to whatever filth they desire and would have nothing to complain about to the BBC (at least on this file). Win win, no?

Edited by kadhim

• Advanced Member

Is there a Quranic ayah or paak narration that states those things which are deemed 'wrong' should actively be banned rather than the faithful encouraged to abstain/avoid them?

I don't mean obvious things like alcohol, betting shops or brothels but churches, sunni temples, secular/political organisations not in line with the party etc.

Because during the time of the Prophet (saww) or Maula Ali's (as) brief stint as caliph I assume churches/synagogues were allowed to continue as before (jiziya payments withstanding) and people with non-Islamic viewpoint allowed to stay as they were (providing they didn't actively oppose Islam).

Just curious to know, thanks.

ALI

• Advanced Member

Some people must live in a parellel universe where whatever Iran does (good, bad or indifferent) is in actuality GOOD. Because Iran says it is.

Oppression is the same regardless whether the oppressor is Shi'ah or sunni. Why make comparisons to China; is that system supposedly based on the principles and teaching of the Holy Imams (as)?

ALI

Thank you for repeating the same beat up excuses since page 2.

You Iran-worshippers (read: child-like non-Iranians bewitched by soundbites and turbans) should really move their if you genuinely believe it's an Islamic utopia and the rest of the world is "Ibleesi secretions" otherwise you're just hypocrites who praise suppression at arms length whilst enjoying 'freedom' here.

So if i support Iran then i should move there? but why?

If it makes me a hypocrite then so be it. Everyone is a hypocrite on some level or another.

• Veteran Member

Is there a Quranic ayah or paak narration that states those things which are deemed 'wrong' should actively be banned rather than the faithful encouraged to abstain/avoid them?

Just curious to know, thanks.

ALI

Is there a Quranic Ayah or a peak narration that says do not hit 120MPH on a freeway in a Dodge Van with your family inside?

• Advanced Member

Who do you think is killing all the scientists? I don't know, we don't have enough information. But of course you are convinced it's Mossad, right?

But I guess you would call a person who believed that 9/11 was an inside job, an insane conspiracy nut. You pro-US fanatics are so predictable.

• Veteran Member

Ironically, Islam-haters have the same type of attitude as 'Kismet110' about muslims living in the west.

You backward muslims should really move to Saudi Arabia if you want to follow your 1400 year old backward religion. You hypocrites take advantage of the west, while your Quran calls for all non-muslims to be killed, blah blah blah...

ALI

Do you realise how similar you sound to them?

Edited by shiasoldier786

• Advanced Member

Who do you think is killing all the scientists? I don't know, we don't have enough information. But of course you are convinced it's Mossad, right?

Its a logical deduction. Israel has hinted it being responsible for the virus and they are the one most concerned about Iran gaining nuclear technology.

Didn't Hillary Clinton admit to supporting the green movement? What the hell does that have to do with anything? :mellow:

Iran politics is Iranian business. Exterior forces have no business being involved especially when they have hidden agendas and a history of overturning govt.

Oh yes, they are only worried about Nuclear weapons in Iran. Why would you say someone is lying when there is no proof? You always claim to want proof for everything, well now is your chance to prove something of your own statements.

Thats garbage.

Isreal General says Iran Nuclear bomb is unlikely and describing its leadership as rational

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2012/04/20124251384543509.html

Why are they worried anyway? Israel has plenty of nukes itself along with modern weapons.

A little something called the IAEA report. The IAEA, that well-known bastion of Zionism, Freemasonry, Illuminati, etc.

What about the IAEA report? Where does it say Iran is building a bomb? Its just hints that research has been conducted but nowhere does it explicitly says Iran is making a bomb

You always claim to want proof for everything - weird that, innit?

Majority of your arguments are contrary to whats being posted on the news.... Quite weird

Since we are on the topic of Hypocrisy and throwing out absurd questions. let me ask you a few as well.

Why are you still in Iran if you hate it so much?

Why is the mayor Guiliani on record of visiting Jundullah rally and even supporting it being taken off the US terror list

Why is there diplomatic relations with Saudi when majority of the hijackers were of Saudi nationality?

As you can see politics and hypocrisy hand in hand. So stop this useless excuse of hypocrisy. Its a played out card used when you have no substantial argument in place.

Its a logical deduction. Israel has hinted it being responsible for the virus and they are the one most concerned about Iran gaining nuclear technology.

You don't need logic when the guy they caught admitted to be trained by Israel and has pictures of himself in Israel and American military.....I just can't be bothered to discuss certain silly obvious things with Aarash so i just leave it when it comes to this stage.

Apparently everyone who admits to crimes in Iran is tortured to admit stuff they didn't do, such a convenient argument is appealing to the likes of these shiachat members.

Enjoy for those who understand farsi, why don't you translate this Aarash.

Edited by repenter

• Advanced Member

Thank you for repeating the same beat up excuses since page 2.

So if i support Iran then i should move there? but why?

If it makes me a hypocrite then so be it. Everyone is a hypocrite on some level or another.

Right. So why bother having a discussion forum if an opinion can't be posited? Oh, wait a minute. I see what you mean. An opinion can be posited but as long as it matches your own view. Damn. I should have known that.

Don't try and be cute. The context is hyprocisy of people supporting suppression there whilst enjoying freedom here. But good of you to at least acknowledge you're a hypocrite though.

Is there a Quranic Ayah or a peak narration that says do not hit 120MPH on a freeway in a Dodge Van with your family inside?

That's, quite possibly, the most stupid analogy I've come across. I asked a serious question but some of you people have such a severe bout of myopia you just jump on anything without either digesting or thinking.

Re-read the question. It's NOT against Iran or this filter business. I asked if there is Islamic precedence for guarding against un-Islamic situations/influences on a state/community. If there is then maybe their stance is justified.

Get it now?

Ironically, Islam-haters have the same type of attitude as 'Kismet110' about muslims living in the west.

Do you realise how similar you sound to them?

Wow, you're SO clever. You changed my text completely then made an incorrect analogy!

Difference is I LOVE Islam but that doesn't mean I love every political system in a Muslim country.

I know some people have a tough time distinguishing between Shi'ah aqueedah and politics but please, do try to keep up.

ALI

Edited by Kismet110

• Advanced Member

most of Iranis are leaving Islam and Iran because they dont get YOUTUBE in iran. thats funny internet can make them hate irani regime and Islam

How would becoming a Christian or atheist overcome the lack of YouTube?

ALI

• Advanced Member

Not to try to be the center of attention or anything, but how about instead of continuing the "you're a hypocrite / no I'm not" bickering, we comment on some of the points I raised in post #87? What do people think of my suggestions as a better way for Iran to try to pursue legitimate aims?

Unless someone has another line they'd like to explore.

• Advanced Member

To add, here is an example of a free market private solution to this sort of problem undertaken within the Orthodox Jewish community in the NYC area of the US:

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/05/orthodox-jews-anti-internet-rally/

http://www.thejnet.com/

The second link is a company mentioned in the first article. It's a private ISP (Internet Service Provider) company targeted to Orthodox Jewish clients. Imagine! Believing people want help to be able to use the internet as a tool, while keeping a clean experience. They FREELY choose the private ISP solution that caters to the needs of their particular market niche instead of trying to force a level of control on everybody.

• Advanced Member

YouTube, Facebook, or Twitter are political instruments of the Western system that push forth the interests of the very same system. Any country that could do without them would be better off in the long run. China, for example, has its own version of those sites and hence they are immune from their propagation.

I agree with you concerning Twitter and the like being used as western propaganda tools. Although, restricting these sites will make many people unhappy, letting these site operate freely will cause even more problems. The have been speaking with a fork tongue for a very long time. Zionist jews own each of the aforementioned websites and each has been awarded with various honors from various friends of Israel organizations. No good can come from giving these vipers free rein inside Iran.