Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iran Filters Khamenei's Filtering Fatwa!

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I consider it hypocritical that those who support strict conditions in Iran living in open minded societies with total freedom while benefiting from it.

If you hold dear such an atmosphere created by IRI then you cannot live in one that is the complete opposite.

You thrash yet give taxes to the countries you live in but wouldn't dare move to Iran.

The biggest hypocrites in Shia Islam.

Most Muslims - most Shia Muslims in fact - do not support the IRI.

Why would I spend my time on "ShiaChat" criticizing Israel? I live in Iran, Iran and Shi'ism are my concern, not Israel or Sri Lanka or Lithuania.

Get a grip.

most Shia Muslims in fact - do not support the IRI.

On what basis do you say this`?

Why would I spend my time on "ShiaChat" criticizing Israel? I live in Iran, Iran and Shi'ism are my concern, not Israel or Sri Lanka or Lithuania.

So enemies of Iran and Shi'ism is not your concern? Your only concerned about internal politics then? The millions of dollars invested by Israel and USA to destabilize Iran is not your concern?

I consider it hypocritical that those who support strict conditions in Iran living in open minded societies with total freedom while benefiting from it.

If you hold dear such an atmosphere created by IRI then you cannot live in one that is the complete opposite.

You thrash yet give taxes to the countries you live in but wouldn't dare move to Iran.

So because any person supports any given government or group they have to move there and live there?

Edited by repenter

most Shia Muslims in fact - do not support the IRI.

On what basis do you say this`?

So enemies of Iran and Shi'ism is not your concern? Your only concerned about internal politics then? The millions of dollars invested by Israel and USA to destabilize Iran is not your concern?

1. Demonstrable fact. If you think anything else is even close to the truth, you're just willfully deluding yourself (look at Shias in Iraq, Saudi, Pakistan, and a great deal, if not most, Iranians)

2. Who are enemies of Iran? Israel? How? Do you have any solid evidence to support that characterization? I have seen the IRI leadership openly declare their wishes that the "Zionist entity" be destroyed (or "disappear from the pages of history" as Ahmadinejad put it), a goal that I happen to agree with, in abstract. But I have never heard an Israeli Prime Minister say they want to destroy the Islamic Republic. Even the hawks like Netanyahu are only concerned with nuclear weaponization, which the IRI leadership sees fit to pursue and keep lying about.

What millions of dollars invested by "Israel and the USA" to destabilize Iran? Reliable sources please, if you know something I don't... The Green Movement was/is wholly domestic. The only thing that has been established is that Israel assisted the IRI during the Iran-Iraq War (to the tune of about $500 million plus arms - see Trita Parsi).

The Palestinian Arabs receive billions of dollars in aid from the West (mostly, and from the Saudis a little) and have done nothing with it but become increasingly corrupt, and/or increasingly Wahhabi. They call me Kafir and majoos. Why should I care about them - when they have one of the highest standards of living in the Middle East? The people of Somalia and Congo need our attention, not Palestine - they have plenty of attention as it is (and their leaders bank accounts prove it).

• Advanced Member

Repenter,

I don't know that you need to be willing to move there if you want to support the country.

But I would say it must take some chutzpah to live here, enjoying free access to the internet to get whatever information one desires, say whatever one desires, and then turn around and speak out in favor of another country restricting that same freedom for its citizens. If someone is willing to advocate that for other people, yet is not ready to join them, that's a little hard to swallow.

• Advanced Member
So because any person supports any given government or group they have to move there and live there?

You support laws in Iran which suffocate the citizens yet enjoy full freedom in a country which you trash in a regular basis. On top of that you pay taxes which directly/indirectly are used against the religious political government you support.

That's the definition of a hypocrite.

Edited by Ugly Jinn

1. Demonstrable fact. If you think anything else is even close to the truth, you're just willfully deluding yourself (look at Shias in Iraq, Saudi, Pakistan, and a great deal, if not most, Iranians)

2. Who are enemies of Iran? Israel? How? Do you have any solid evidence to support that characterization? I have seen the IRI leadership openly declare their wishes that the "Zionist entity" be destroyed (or "disappear from the pages of history" as Ahmadinejad put it), a goal that I happen to agree with, in abstract. But I have never heard an Israeli Prime Minister say they want to destroy the Islamic Republic. Even the hawks like Netanyahu are only concerned with nuclear weaponization, which the IRI leadership sees fit to pursue and keep lying about.

What millions of dollars invested by "Israel and the USA" to destabilize Iran? Reliable sources please, if you know something I don't... The Green Movement was/is wholly domestic. The only thing that has been established is that Israel assisted the IRI during the Iran-Iraq War (to the tune of about $500 million plus arms - see Trita Parsi).

The Palestinian Arabs receive billions of dollars in aid from the West (mostly, and from the Saudis a little) and have done nothing with it but become increasingly corrupt, and/or increasingly Wahhabi. They call me Kafir and majoos. Why should I care about them - when they have one of the highest standards of living in the Middle East? The people of Somalia and Congo need our attention, not Palestine - they have plenty of attention as it is (and their leaders bank accounts prove it).

1. you aren't the only one who has lived/lives in Iran ;) It all depends on the crowed you choose to surround yourself with.

Who are enemies of Iran? Israel? How? Do you have any solid evidence to support that characterization?

Who do you think is killing all the scientists? Didn't Hillary Clinton admit to supporting the green movement? Why would she support a movement, because she loves Iran? Khejalat nemikeshi?

But I have never heard an Israeli Prime Minister say they want to destroy the Islamic Republic. Even the hawks like Netanyahu are only concerned with nuclear weaponization, which the IRI leadership sees fit to pursue and keep lying about.

Oh yes, they are only worried about Nuclear weapons in Iran. Why would you say someone is lying when there is no proof? You always claim to want proof for everything, well now is your chance to prove something of your own statements.

What?

Repenter,

I don't know that you need to be willing to move there if you want to support the country.

But I would say it must take some chutzpah to live here, enjoying free access to the internet to get whatever information one desires, say whatever one desires, and then turn around and speak out in favor of another country restricting that same freedom for its citizens. If someone is willing to advocate that for other people, yet is not ready to join them, that's a little hard to swallow.

Only reason i moved back to Norway was that my wife can finish her education, im moving back to Iran after this.

• Advanced Member

Standards of morality, criminality, and appropriate content vary from country-to-country. America may think it's okay to push Zionist-created and funded content on its population (Iran does not). America may think it's okay for its kids to see videos of people having sex with farm animals (Iran doesn't)

The internet is also used for many reasons - some innocent but some subversive: Don't you think the CIA and Mossad would use technology to peddle their agendas to younger people who may not be politically knowledgable? It's already been done.

You support laws in Iran which suffocate the citizens yet enjoy full freedom in a country which you trash in a regular basis. On top of that you pay taxes which directly/indirectly are used against the religious political government you support.

That's the definition of a hypocrite.

Failed to answer my question.

I have lived in Iran and I'm moving back again when my wife finishes her studies. I don't enjoy living here as it's laws, morals and view of life are suffocating me as much as Iranian laws are suffocating liberals in northern Tehran.

Most Muslims - most Shia Muslims in fact - do not support the IRI.

Get a grip.

You get a grip ! Any Islamic person will support an Islamic government.

You wish that all Muslims would be hypocrite right? And islam isn't limited to any border .. the IRI Revolution belongs to all Muslims and people like you hate it .. Materialistic people who don't seem to understand what islam is about in first place ..

Islamic revolution shall be successful inshaAllah, wether enemies of Islam like it or not.

Standards of morality, criminality, and appropriate content vary from country-to-country. America may think it's okay to push Zionist-created and funded content on its population (Iran does not). America may think it's okay for its kids to see videos of people having sex with farm animals (Iran doesn't)

The internet is also used for many reasons - some innocent but some subversive: Don't you think the CIA and Mossad would use technology to peddle their agendas to younger people who may not be politically knowledgable? It's already been done.

Some people here wish the zionists would take over Iran .. slash away the "Islamic" .. and have another puppet regime in place. Allah forbid ..

Shameful and blatantly anti-Islamic .. Rejectors / Kafirs in the truest sense! May Allah curse all the enemies of Islam .. May Allah destroy all the

enemies of Islam, may Allah incapacitate all the enemies of Islam!

What is this weak and pointless argument I keep on hearing again and again? Why talk as if every Muslim has a choice to live in Iran? Obviously most don't .. And our hope is that the Islamic revolution spreads to the rest of the world insha Allah ! And it will insha Allah eventually .. then the enemies of Islam will all be silenced and overcome Allah willing ..

• Veteran Member

The problem with those who would defend systematic censorship is that when you align yourself as "revolutionary," there will ALWAYS be some sort of external meddling. So this situation never goes away.

Do you seriously propose to treat a sophisticated nation of 80 million people like children forever?

I thought this revolution was about making a nation of adult human beings?

I submit that if you need this level of infantilization just to keep people with the program , the program way already have failed?

What is the point of the whole project if there is such little faith in the people? Is the government there for them,or they for it?

Its not about faith in people as much as faith for people's security. Its about protecting the interest os state and society from external threats. Its all very natural really.

US asks for Twitter outage delay

http://news.bbc.co.u...ast/8104182.stm

In Egypt Facebook played a pivotal role and the world stood by it. Even they made a Hero out of that facebook guy. But the same could not be given to the Palestinians when Palestinian mobilization was supposed to take place....because then it involves Israel- a territory where all rules and laws bend and goal posts changed. Because its not about freedom but security.

An example,

ADL slams Facebook for refusing to remove 'third Intifada' fan page

http://www.haaretz.c...n-page-1.351881

Israel to Apple: Take down 'Third Intifada' app

http://www.haaretz.c...da-app-1.368933

Israel demands Facebook remove 'Third Intifada' fan page

http://www.haaretz.c...n-page-1.352368

Last but not least-

Facebook removes page calling for a 'Third Palestinian Intifada'

http://www.haaretz.c...tifada-1.352623

Apple removes 'Third Palestinian Intifada' app at Israel's request

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/apple-removes-third-palestinian-intifada-app-at-israel-s-request-1.369211

• Veteran Member

Consider Iran as your house and all the mischievous social media (strictly in a political & security sense) as the various sorts of bars and clubs in your city. Now would you consider yourself a hypocrite by excluding clubs and pubs from your reality? Isnt that what Iran is doing? How sane would it sound if one argued that since one excludes bars and clubs from their lives should go to countries with no bars and clubs?

Its always honorable when people applied their own rules based on their own customs and not hypocritical. Its also prudent.

• Advanced Member
I have lived in Iran and I'm moving back again when my wife finishes her studies. I don't enjoy living here as it's laws, morals and view of life are suffocating me as much as Iranian laws are suffocating liberals in northern Tehran.

Ofcourse, take advantage of the education before departure.

What is this weak and pointless argument I keep on hearing again and again? Why talk as if every Muslim has a choice to live in Iran? Obviously most don't .. And our hope is that the Islamic revolution spreads to the rest of the world insha Allah ! And it will insha Allah eventually .. then the enemies of Islam will all be silenced and overcome Allah willing ..

You do have a choice, yet you will not live there. You will have this long distance love knowing you'll never have to be in the position of those suffering in Iran.

This failed talk of wanting revolution to spread is an excuse to live comfortably where you're at knowing it's not going to happen. Keep trashing the system you live in and pay taxes to it, I'm sure that money is used wisely.

Basically, you are living in a place you hate (total denial), and will never live in the place you love (long distance love only).

Consider Iran as your house and all the mischievous social media (strictly in a political & security sense) as the various sorts of bars and clubs in your city. Now would you consider yourself a hypocrite by excluding clubs and pubs from your reality? Isnt that what Iran is doing? How sane would it sound if one argued that since one excludes bars and clubs from their lives should go to countries with no bars and clubs?

Its always honorable when people applied their own rules based on their own customs and not hypocritical. Its also prudent.

Why do people take it to irrelevant extremes, freedom equates to bars/clubs? Is that really the depth of what freedom means? :wacko:

If I'm not even allowed to voice my disagreements in my own house then it's not a house, it's a prison.

Edited by Ugly Jinn

You do have a choice, yet you will not live there. You will have this long distance love knowing you'll never have to be in the position of those suffering in Iran. This failed talk of wanting revolution to spread is an excuse to live comfortably where you're at knowing it's not going to happen. Keep trashing the system you live in and pay taxes to it, I'm sure that money is used wisely. Basically, you are living in a place you hate (total denial), and will never live in the place you love (long distance love only). Why do people take it to irrelevant extremes, freedom equates to bars/clubs? Is that really the depth of what freedom means? :wacko: If I'm not even allowed to voice my disagreements in my own house then it's not a house, it's a prison.

you don't even know where i'm living to judge anything about me !! telling me i'm living in comfort ??

you don't know my situation in life to judge wether i can move to Iran or not .. are you Allah to know all the secrets and all the details of people's private lives .. of the billion plus .. muslims on earth ?? better stay away from judging individual lives of people you don't know .. you don't even know where i live !! you probably think i'm living in a rich western country .. don't you see that your argument here is not valid and not realistic .. you don't know me !! or anything about me !!

it's not about the place .. it's about the faith !! i suggest you study some quran for a month or two then come back to ShiaChat again .. as a born-again muslim

satan.gif

(bismillah)

3_28.png

Let not believers take disbelievers as allies rather than believers. And whoever does that has nothing with Allah , except when taking precaution against them in prudence. And Allah warns you of Himself, and to Allah is the destination. 3:28

people take sides with non-believers by criticizing and attacking the Islamic Republic instead of attacking the satanic forces .. who are threatening to attack the IRI every day ..

instead of blaming the attackers (just read the news) .. they attack the defenders .. the ones who "take precaution against them" .. while ironically i don't see the same supposed muslims attack the attackers .. shame on them really !! shame !! shame !! shame !!

we have a shia muslim government, and then people who claim to be shia attack it .. and never blame the ones who are its enemies ..

shame on them !!

understanding is beyond location .. therefore we have pro and anti Islamic people living in the same place ..

Islam is in the heart .. not in a geographic location .. now start using some proper arguments instead of pinpointing at individual pointless private lives .. that is of nobody's business ..

tell me .. why do you keep on attacking the Islamic Republic and i never hear you attacking any other country .. like the zionist controlled countries for instance?

why don't you talk in context of the current threat and danger posed by those war mongers ?? why don't you talk at least a bit about them ?? and put the difficult situation of Iran in context of this ??

and talk without getting personal .. stay objective and as factual as you can ok?

nobody said they are infallible .. but they are surely Islamic .. and the only Shia Islamic government on earth .. let's be fair and criticize all governments .. as well as our own ..

and let's give muslims more moral support than non-muslims .. for those who fear Allah and follow the prophet and imams ..

it is wrong to have people only attack the shia government, as if they're obsessed with it in a negative way .. haram !

why don't people also talk about things like that:

Even worse than SOPA: New CISPA cybersecurity bill will censor the Web:

http://rt.com/usa/news/cispa-bill-sopa-internet-175/

Court allows NSA and Google to keep their ties secret:

http://rt.com/usa/news/court-nsa-google-agency-053/

How the National Security Agency has gone rogue:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2012/apr/26/how-national-security-agency-gone-rogue

The NDAA's historic assault on American liberty:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2012/jan/02/ndaa-historic-assault-american-liberty

Israel threat to attack Iran is not a bluff, deputy FM says:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel-threat-to-attack-iran-is-not-a-bluff-deputy-fm-says-1.4639

why only devote to criticizing Islamic Republic of Iran ?? It does not make any sense ..

not only do they attack the Islamic Republic .. but they refuse to look at the other side .. or in what context they are ..

it seems that the anti IRI people are against them, exactly because they are not infallible .. they don't miss the chance to criticize anything they can .. even if it's not a legitimate point ..

for any Allah fearing person .. do they really think Allah will like this attitude ??

satan.gif

(bismillah)

4_139.png

Those who take disbelievers as allies instead of the believers. Do they seek with them honor? But indeed, honor belongs to Allah entirely. 4:139

(salam)

Who do you think is killing all the scientists? Didn't Hillary Clinton admit to supporting the green movement? Why would she support a movement, because she loves Iran? Khejalat nemikeshi?

Oh yes, they are only worried about Nuclear weapons in Iran. Why would you say someone is lying when there is no proof? You always claim to want proof for everything, well now is your chance to prove something of your own statements.

What?

Who do you think is killing all the scientists? I don't know, we don't have enough information. But of course you are convinced it's Mossad, right?

Didn't Hillary Clinton admit to supporting the green movement? What the hell does that have to do with anything? :mellow:

Then you post a random non-sequitur video from RT about US support of terrorists in Iran........

Weird...

A little something called the IAEA report. The IAEA, that well-known bastion of Zionism, Freemasonry, Illuminati, etc.

You always claim to want proof for everything - weird that, innit?

What? - Sorry, perhaps I should have put it in simpler terms: (a) the only verifiable contact between the governments of Israel and the Islamic Republic has been Israel assisting Iran in its war against Iraq; and (B) the Palestinians have one of the highest standards of living in the Middle East, they've had quite enough help.

(bismillah)

(salam)

2 points.

1. Iran needs some reform - societies are as much in need as character reform as individuals. If a Muslim sins, other Muslims must advise them against it and help them improve. If a society needs help, hating it solves no problem.

2. I wonder if when al-Qaim (as) appears search engines will be permitted to find haram songs, haram pictures, haram videos, anything blaspheming against God, the Prophet, the Imams, the Islamic state, the shari'a, and any website which is geared to undermine the sovereignty and Islamic identity of the state. I really wonder.

In a world where justice is strictly enforced, one is only free to be good - at least in public.

(wasalam)

Edited by Jebreil

(bismillah)

(salam)

2 points.

1. Iran needs reform - societies are as much in need as character reform as individuals. If a Muslim sins, other Muslims must advise them against it and help them improve. If a society needs help, hating it solves no problem.

2. I wonder if when al-Qaim appears search engines will be permitted to find haram songs, haram pictures, haram videos, anything blasmpheming against God, the Prophet, the Imams, the Islamic state, the shari'a, and any website which is geared to undermine the sovereignty and Islamic identity of the state. I really wonder.

(wasalam)

1. So you don't hate Israel? You don't hate Saudi Arabia?

2. HUH?!

• Advanced Member

I mean, let's be generous here and assume, for the sake of argument, that the Iranian government is actually well intentioned in this, and not just using this to have more political control. Let's assume.

So we assume that their intention is to "prevent immorality," reasoning by analogy to the example of a government having some right to prohibit liquor stores or bars or nightclubs.

Well, first of all, the internet is not a public space. It's a network of private computer servers and computers. In Islam, there is some inherent right to privacy. The government doesn't have any business what people want to look at in the privacy of their own homes.

Now if on public computers, like in schools, or internet cafes, or government computers, or the like, the government wants to mandate the installation of filtering software, that is probably within their rights.

Secondly, these filters are notoriously useless, as the opening post of this thread so poetically demonstrates. For example, such software will block out access to searches for "breasts," but this will also end up blocking access to innocent / useful material like "breast cancer," "breast cancer prevention," "breast examination techniques," etc. And this is just one small example. The technical challenge of being able to program these filters to block out "bad stuff" without a lot of collateral damage is just overwhelming.

Edited by kadhim

The technical challenge of being able to program these filters to block out "bad stuff" without a lot of collateral damage is just overwhelming.

like brother SD posted today:

"سيأتي قوم من بعدكم ، الرجل الواحد منهم له أجر خمسين منكم ، قالوا : يا رسول الله نحن كنا معك ببدر وأحد وحنين ونزل فينا القرآن ، فقال : إنكم لو تحملوا ما حملوا لم تصبروا صبرهم"

The Prophet (SAWA) said, addressing some of his followers: “There will be a group of people after you, of whom one man’s reward is worth fifty of you.”

His followers responded: “Oh Messenger of Allah, we were with you at Badr, and Uhud, and Hunayn, and the Qur’an was descended upon us!”

The Prophet (SAWA) responded: “If you had to withstand what they must withstand, you would not have been as patient as them.”

like brother SD posted today:

"سيأتي قوم من بعدكم ، الرجل الواحد منهم له أجر خمسين منكم ، قالوا : يا رسول الله نحن كنا معك ببدر وأحد وحنين ونزل فينا القرآن ، فقال : إنكم لو تحملوا ما حملوا لم تصبروا صبرهم"

The Prophet (SAWA) said, addressing some of his followers: “There will be a group of people after you, of whom one man’s reward is worth fifty of you.”

His followers responded: “Oh Messenger of Allah, we were with you at Badr, and Uhud, and Hunayn, and the Qur’an was descended upon us!”

The Prophet (SAWA) responded: “If you had to withstand what they must withstand, you would not have been as patient as them.”

You know Philip, you make yourself look uneducated when you post random ayats from the Qu'ran completely out of context. This thread is not about religion, it is purely about politics.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Aarash

1. Israel is not a Muslim state - it's an oppressive enemy state which attacks Muslims. Arabia is slightly more complicated. The Saudis can be hated as Muawiya and Yazid are hated. The Wahhabis can be hated as the Sufyani and Khawarij are hated. The other Sunni groups must be treated as the Ahlulbayt have taught. A nation of Shias headed by Shias and supported by many Shia scholars and thinkers whose aim is to support the cause of Islam as taught by the Ahlulbayt is not comparable to Israel or Saudi Arabia. You may disagree with it, but fighting it and hating it is to get one's priorities topsy-turvy.

2. You need to elaborate on your "huh-ness".

Kadhim

The amount of internet law already existing, already being drafted and even envisaged in the world contradicts the view of the internet as outside government interference. Internet is a very public place, albeit virtual. In Europe, copyright law and laws related to sexual content webpages and business law and criminal law and much else has been enacted for keeping the internet a regulated space. An Islamic society would make illegal anything which is haram to see or hear or read.

The only real argument against the Islamic Republic is its filtering of the political oppositions, both those in exile and those within the borders. Here, one can see room for reform, especially in the political atmosphere as a whole (and evolution needs time and patience and careful planning and probably many mistakes on the way), but also when it is realised that the Islamic Republic's sovereignty is constantly under threat, one can also sympathise with their fears, while still hoping for reforms.

It is a problem when hate replaces criticism.

(wasalam)

Jebreil, I guess you are not aware, but the government doesn't just filter sex or opposition websites.

It filters all manner of educational resources - newspapers (all Australian newspapers, bizarrely, but not all British or American ones), Wikipedia pages, religious philosophy websites, Sunni websites, Christian websites, Jewish websites, Art websites, music....... all manner of things.

It's not just opposition supporters who complain of the censorship, but conservatives and Hezbollahis as well.

• Advanced Member
Kadhim

The amount of internet law already existing, already being drafted and even envisaged in the world contradicts the view of the internet as outside government interference. Internet is a very public place, albeit virtual. In Europe, copyright law and laws related to sexual content webpages and business law and criminal law and much else has been enacted for keeping the internet a regulated space. An Islamic society would make illegal anything which is haram to see or hear or read.

The only real argument against the Islamic Republic is its filtering of the political oppositions, both those in exile and those within the borders. Here, one can see room for reform, especially in the political atmosphere as a whole (and evolution needs time and patience and careful planning and probably many mistakes on the way), but also when it is realised that the Islamic Republic's sovereignty is constantly under threat, one can also sympathise with their fears, while still hoping for reforms.

It is a problem when hate replaces criticism.

Well, one can maybe argue for the government being able to police servers located within the country giving access to illegal material, with an ability to shut down sites, servers, etc.

It's when you get into this high level control at the ISP level, filtering the whole internet experience of the country, etc, that things get creepy.

You give the government that much power, they're almost bound to abuse it.

Who do you think is killing all the scientists? I don't know, we don't have enough information. But of course you are convinced it's Mossad, right?

we don't have enough information? what about these:

Israel's Mossad trained assassins of Iran nuclear scientists, report says

http://www.haaretz.c...t-says-1.411945

Sunday Times: Mossad agents behind Iran scientist assassination

http://www.haaretz.c...nation-1.407593

Mossad Behind Tehran Assassinations, Says Source

http://www.spiegel.d...e-a-777899.html

Iranian assassination bears all the hallmarks of Mossad

http://www.abc.net.a...12/s3407906.htm

ISRAELI SOURCE: ASSASSINATION OF IRANIAN NUCLEAR SCIENTIST JOINT MOSSAD-MEK OPERATION

http://www.richardsi...lear-scientist/

US covert operations threaten war with Iran

http://wsws.org/arti.../iran-d10.shtml

Jebreil, I guess you are not aware, but the government doesn't just filter sex or opposition websites. It filters all manner of educational resources - newspapers (all Australian newspapers, bizarrely, but not all British or American ones), Wikipedia pages, religious philosophy websites, Sunni websites, Christian websites, Jewish websites, Art websites, music....... all manner of things. It's not just opposition supporters who complain of the censorship, but conservatives and Hezbollahis as well.

can you share your source showing hezb Allah complaining?

You know Philip, you make yourself look uneducated when you post random ayats from the Qu'ran completely out of context. This thread is not about religion, it is purely about politics.

[Edited]

Edited by inshaAllah
Refer to my p.m

• Advanced Member

Philip stop posting youtube videos, don't be a hypocrite.

http://www.shiachat....ost__p__2397224

And you have facebook??? Astagfirullah!

http://www.shiachat....ost__p__2397856

-----------

As I said, your actions contradict the laws you support = definition of a hypocrite.

Edited by Ugly Jinn

Philip....

1. There are conflicting reports about who is behind the assassinations. You've just typed that into Google and cherry-picked your articles. One of the nuclear scientists was a critic of the Iranian regime, and had previously been jailed for his dissent. Many suspect he was killed by the government. Even those sources you selected, some say Mossad alone, some say Mossad and CIA, some say Mossad and CIA and MEK, etc, etc.

2. Here is a source speaking of the Basiji and Hezbollahi complaining of the internet censorship: http://www.digarban.com/node/5919

3. Takfiri is the domain of Wahhabis, your constant accusations of me being Jewish are beginning to grow a little tiresome....

none of your business .. if i have a facebook or not ?? and listen to this one you spy !

i would be willing to not only stop using the internet, but to give my life inshaAllah for deen Allah !!

O you who have believed, avoid much assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful. 49:12

are you so desperate to find a way of bashing Islam that you continuously refer to people personal lives ??

and for you info i don't have facebook anymore ugly jinn !! and YouTube can go to hell too .. i don't mind sacrificing YouTube and this body of mine for Allah .. something you would not understand ..

Ugly Jinn .. do you know that your name is basically Devil ?? Devils are Ugly Jinns ..

you don't seem to mind being called Ugly Jinn .. i don't know why i even talk to you .. i should curse you immediately

i suggest you change you name, if you fear Allah !

satan.gif

(bismillah)

32_13.png

And if we had willed, We could have given every soul its guidance, but the word from Me will come into effect "I will surely fill Hell with jinn and people all together.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Aarash

I am well aware. I have often used the internet in Iran. There are a lot of educational websites which are not censored. The best philosophy resources are not censored, such as Stanford and Routledge. Only some Wikipedia pages are censored - and except for the sex-related and the religious-related. only those related to sensitive political topics are censored. I can see why someone would grieve this. But I can also see why someone would sympathise. At any rate, a bad policy demands reform, and it often takes time and patience.

I accept that the filtering is flawed. I hope for reform in this area and imagining myself having the authority in this issue, I would exercise it for a case-by-case filtering. Unfortunately, a lot of the times, the baby is thrown out with the bathwater. That said, the limits of reform should also be recognised.

Sunni websites which promote anti-Shi'a thought, Christian and Jewish websites which propagate false beliefs, websites for ghina songs, and art websites depicting haram visuals are not things a Shi'a faithful would care to see. One might wish to tolerate it, but not because they are good things to be preserved, but because free speech favours the true faith. However, history has shown that free speech is not always prudent. It's a hard choice.

A final point is that the Islamic Republic is constantly evolving, and we should "enjoin the good" and "forbid the bad", and through a healthy mix of criticism and encouragement, support the Shi'a nation in moulding a just polity.

Inshallah the Islamic Republic of Iran improves to make the Ma`sūmīn fully proud.

(wasalam)