Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Do You Really Want In Life?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

to be content. imam ali as: "contentment is the capital which will never diminish"

what that means in practical terms?

- to improve my worship of Allah swt. to be a better person - more forgiving, more patient

- for my family to be content (a long, healthy life for my parents, success for my siblings and safety for my relatives back home) and for us always to be on seeratal mustaqeem

- continued health

- to succeed in my academic pursuits

- to be financially stable

- to marry a good religious man and raise pious children

- to help my immediate community as well as muslims at large with whatever skills i have

- for the the tyranny in this world to end

Edited by AR2011
  • Advanced Member

to be content. imam ali as: "contentment is the capital which will never diminish"

what that means in practical terms?

- to improve my worship of Allah swt. to be a better person - more forgiving, more patient

- for my family to be content (a long, healthy life for my parents, success for my siblings and safety for my relatives back home) and for us always to be on seeratal mustaqeem

- continued health

- to succeed in my academic pursuits

- to be financially stable

- to marry a good religious man and raise pious children

- to help my immediate community as well as muslims at large with whatever skills i have

- for the the tyranny in this world to end

Lovely reply from a lovely sister, MashaAllah.

• Advanced Member

What do you want in life? Please answer truthfully.

Salaaam,

To always answer the call of Allah and Ahlulbayt whenever I hear it no matter where or in what situation! that's the ultimate goal that I want in this life. What I want is very hard to achieve indeed, am just at the beginning of working towards it, so all I want at the moment is just to have the love and tawfeq of Allah, the prophet and his pure family InshaAllah and Their protection from all that which is evil.

your duas are appreciated :blush:

• Advanced Member

There is a cure for it; find something that interests you.

Wish it were that easy! Even things that interest me don't hold my attention for long. I'll get obsessive about them for a few days and then get bored and have to move onto something else. That's the least of it though.

The best cure would be to focus during prayers. Focus as much as possible . 5 times a day .

I do try very hard, somehow focusing on prayers isn't as mentally exhausting.

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Veteran Member

Some material wealth - well a decent amount actually, a stunning yet practising and modest shia wife, freedom and flexibility in my work which enables me to travel (which I currently enjoy), to never fall into being a debt-slave, to be financially free, stability, improved and closer ties with existing family.

Spot on! & Ditto

Wish it were that easy! Even things that interest me don't hold my attention for long. I'll get obsessive about them for a few days and then get bored and have to move onto something else. That's the least of it though.

I do try very hard, somehow focusing on prayers isn't as mentally exhausting.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I also have your same problem

but most of us have a very very very good memory .. agree ?

anyways, PM me so we can discuss about it because i don't want to ruin the thread lol. ( i can give you tips on improving in concentration )

• Advanced Member

I also have your same problem

but most of us have a very very very good memory .. agree ?

anyways, PM me so we can discuss about it because i don't want to ruin the thread lol. ( i can give you tips on improving in concentration )

Thanks, that's really kind of you! Don't have enough posts to PM you but hopefully will once I can. Medication helps, but I need all the tips I can get. My ADHD coach says I'm a lost cause....

Definitely agree on the memory front.

Sorry for derailing OP.

• Veteran Member

Large lot private house with a 10 foot hedge all around and a garden with vegetables raised organically, goats for milk and cheese and chickens for eggs and meat.....oh - and a lap pool...in a valley surrounded by mountains with downhill and cross country skiing in the winter...and a laid back, compliant and adoring husband. That about covers it.

Without a goal, we tend to focus too much on the activity, and therefore often exhaust ourselves, which may feel like a lack of interest because of the exhaustion.

Edited by gogiison2

A cure for ADHD.

Inshallah. Its apparently one of the most common disorders found in children. Although, I never knew it was common for it to continue into adulthood, but there seem two cases in this thread alone.

Good luck to you both in treating it. :)

Edited by sweet89