Rate this topic

Iddah for mutah is two monthy cycles. The beggining of Iddah is the first day of her first monthly cycle after the contract term expires (or time is gifted back by her). You can remarry at any time (i.e. extend the contract). The Iddah is there in case she will marry a different man after the end of her mutah contract. If she is remarrying the same person (i.e. extending the contract) then there is no Iddah, unless she is remarrying after being married to someone else.

You cannot have sexual intercourse with her once the current contract is over without making a new contract.

If the current contract expires (and she hasn't married someone else or had sex with anyone else) on a particular day, you can renew it the next day or even the same day and have sex that day, yes, to be blunt.

Assalam aleykom,

I would like to ask if 45 days of iddah start from the last intercourse (even if mutah term is after this last intercourse) or if they start from the term day.

Thak you, fiamanillah.

Wa Alaykom salam

I would think and brothers will confirm this that iddah for muta starts at the end of the agreed upon period.

On 12/11/2014 at 7:35 PM, dragonfly said:

I need to know if the iddah period would still start when the contract is terminated if the couple has not had intercourse for many months before the contract ended??

The iddah begins at the first menstrual cycle after the expiration of the contract. So if, for example your contract expired on the 12th of the month and menstrual cycle began on the 17th of the month, the iddah would start from the 17th of the month. The iddah is measured in menstrual cycles after the termination of the contract and not in days ( 2 for aqd of mutah, 3 for zawajtul nikah (commonly referred to as permenant marriage), and 4 if husband has died). If the lady no longer has menstrual cycles then it is measured another way. 

Salam, 

Briefly, 

- It was made lawful in Quran(4:24)

- It was practiced during time of Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) and first Caliph Abu Bakr. 

- Halal of Rasoulallah is Halal till Day of Judgement..., this is a well known hadith that all muslims accept. 

- It was made illegal by Umar, and he had no authority to do that. 

- Even the daughter of Abu Bakr(Asma bint Abu Bakr) practiced it and even the son of Umar refused that it was haram. 

- All Imams(a.s) of Ahl Al Bayt have hadith regarding the fact that it is halal, mubah in some cases mustahab and some cases wajib depending on circumstances. 

For more information see:

http://revertmuslims.com/RMA/mutah/

and

https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/debate-on-legitimacy-muta