Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Looking For 1-bedroom Flat/sharing In London-tips?

Inshallah I may be moving to London in a few weeks and I'm looking for advice on the following:

- where should I stay?

- are rents lower in any particular areas?

- are any of you letting out a room, or know someone who is?

I want to stay fairly close to zone 1 (Soho in particular because I'd be commuting regularly to work, doesn't have to be next-door though), but can't afford most of the rents.

So far, it seems like areas in the north-west (Maida Vale/Kilburn in zone 2 and areas further out in that direction) are best, considering the slightly (but not very) lower rent, and the distance to Islamic Center of England and a few other major centers nearby.

Are there any good quality and less expensive localities I'm missing out on? Do you know any momin brothers letting out flats or rooms, or living in shared accommodation on reasonable terms (the lower the better of course, but say between 500 and 750 all-inclusive)? And is there anything I'm missing that should be taken into account?

Thank you for any advice.

• Advanced Member

i live in north west london myself. but im not sure about the rent and stuff.

i think maybe the best option for you would be to maybe go to the local mosques in london and put up posters. maybe someone could help you out.

sorry i couldnt be of much help. insha'Allah it gets sorted out

• Advanced Member

Thanks guys for the responses so far.

--> Going to masjid and putting up posters might be obnoxious, no? :) Or do people normally do that?

--> How do I be a malang, and is it not possible to be malang in London? Thanks :)

well putting up posters or ask the people in charge of the mosque. maybe they can help you out.

dont you have any relatives in london

No, I don't have any close relatives in London (at least no one I'm aware of), but I'm trying to get advice from a couple of others who live in the UK as well.

So far from what I've been told, heard and read, it sounds like that's the best way to go about it in London - talking to agencies. I'll do that then, thanks!

try www.zoopla.co.uk www.primelocation.com and www.rightmove.com they usually charge two weeks agents fee,one month deposit and one month rent in advance and you can get single room around 250 per month . may Allah make it easy for you

Thank you, I'll check these out.

Congratulations by the way, I just saw your other thread (if you agree that Imam Ali was the first leader of Muslims after the Prophet (as announced by the Prophet at Ghadeer Khum) then you're set) :)

• Advanced Member

Thank you, I'll check these out.

Congratulations by the way, I just saw your other thread (if you agree that Imam Ali was the first leader of Muslims after the Prophet (as announced by the Prophet at Ghadeer Khum) then you're set) :)

thanks and if you need more info please don't hesitate to contact me