Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Is'haaq ibn Ahmad

Sufis And Shias We Are Brothers.

Rate this topic

I see great similarities between us, we distant ourselves from the so called "salafis" and we are a sub-sect of Ahlul-Sunnah Wal Jamaa'ah. Sufism is peace is love is respect is connecting yourself and reflecting on the creation of Allah :)

Here are some of the Shaykhs that i follow some of them are sayyids and are descendants :)

Shaykh Muhammad Al Yaqoubi Al Hassani, a great Shaykh who is a direct descendant of Imam Hassan (a.s) and is a Sufi.

Shaykh+Muhammad+Al+Yaqoubi.png

Beautiful Speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWgaMt_2Co0

Shaykh Habib Ali Zain al-Abideen Al-Jifri a Sayid and Habib from the Balawi tribe in Hadrhamaut Yemen who are Ahlul-Bayt.

The divide is thin my brothers.

I think the school systems are really failing us.

The surge in gramatically challenged people on the internet is getting a little scary...

I don't see what is the problem

Studying the life of the Prophet sws.gif, the scholars who propagated the science of tasawwuf understood that a requisite for approaching Allah swt.gif was abandonment of the common pursuits of the world. They often wore wool because of its simplicity and low cost. In Arabic the word for wool is suf and thus, those who wore it became known as the Sufis. Another possible derivation of the word comes from the root wordsafa, which means "to clean." Because the scholars of tasawwuf focused on cleansing the heart, they later became known as the Sufis.

Where is the wrong in any of this, I am a descendant of 9/12 Imams, and i come to the forum to study about them and here you are telling me to get lost because i am a sufi. :mellow:

Sh Habib Ali Jufri Cries when he hears Qur'an, tears of mercy and love

Ignore the trolls, Sufis are the closest to Shia amongst Sunnis today, and both Shia and Sufi face a threat from Wahhabis. There is even a Sufi order (Bektashi) who follow the 12 Imams. I think Sufis and Shia should work together as one to face all challenges.

I agree - this is no time to be closed minded.

Assalamu Alaykum, Hayakum Allah.

Sufis are the biggest deceivers in Islaam, as the Imams (as) informed us to not go near these people and denounce them as well. Sound like brotherhood to you?

[١٤٢٠٤] ١٤ المولى العلامة الأردبيلي في حديقة الشيعة قال: وبالسند الصحيح عن أحمد بن محمد بن أبي نصر البزنطي، ومحمد بن إسماعيل بن بزيع (١)، عن الرضا عليه السلام، أنه قال: " من ذكر عنده الصوفية ولم ينكرهم بلسانه وقلبه، فليس منا، ومن أنكرهم، فكأنما جاهد الكفار بين يدي رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله

[14204] 14- Allama Ardbili wrote in Hadiqat al Shia: And by a sahih (authentic) sanad (chain of narration) from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. abi Nusr al Bazanti, and Muhammad b. Ismail b. Bazi', from Imam al Redha (as) that he said: "One in whose presence the Sufis are mentioned but he does not denounce them with his tongue and heart, so he is not from us. And the one who denounces them, so he is like the one who fought the kuffar along the Prophet (pbuh)."

[١٤٢٠٥] ١٥وفي الصحيح عن احمد بن محمد بن أبي نصر البزنطي، عن الرضا عليه السلام، انه قال: " قال رجل من اصحابنا للصادق جعفر بن محمد عليهما السلام: قد ظهر في هذا الزمان قوم يقال لهم: الصوفية، فما تقول فيهم ؟ قال: انهم اعداؤنا، فمن مال فيهم فهو منهم، ويحشر معهم، وسيكون اقوام يدعون حبنا، ويميلون إليهم، ويتشبهون بهم، ويلقبون انفسهم بلقبهم، ويأولون أقوالهم، الا فمن مال إليهم فليس منا، وأنا منهم براء، ومن أنكرهم ورد عليهم، كان كمن جاهد الكافر بين يدي رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله

[14205] 15- And in a sahih (authentic) hadith from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Abi Nusr al Bazanti, from Imam al Redha (as), that he said: A man among our companions said to Imam al Sadiq Ja'far bin Muhammad (as:( "A group has appeared in this period, they are called sufis, so what do you(as) say about them?" Imam(as) said: "Indeed they're our enemies so whoever is inclined towards them so he's not from us and would be resurrected with them and people would come (in the future) claiming to love us while they would be inclined to them (sufis) and would imitate/emulate them(sufis), adopt their titles and interpret their sayings, but then whoever is inclined to them (sufis) so is not from us and I(as) dissociate from them and whoever denounces their teachings so he's like as if he did jihad against the kuffar along the Prophet(PBUH)."

http://realtashayyu.blogspot.ca/2011/03/what-about-those-who-are-inclined-to.html

Watch out brothers.

Keep me in your duas,

Hassan b. Salem al-Ilami.

This is fitna ya akhi, why are we enemies what is there between us that makes us enemies, what do you see wrong in a sufi.

Astaghfirallah, these are the Imam's (as) words, not mine. Don't accuse them (as) of fitna.

Keep me in your duas,

There are a couple Sufi sects here and there that are quite controversial.

But we should try our best to make peace with them and bring them on our side.

We have some cultural values with them here and there, and a lot of them are tolerant people.

They are a vital force that can help us overcome these Salafist scum and they're willing to side with us on these kinds of issues.

Sufis believe in intercession but Wahabbi don't. Sufis trace their tariqas back to Maula Ali (except one).

Sufis venerate awliya Allah but Wahabbi don't.

They recite Fatiha for the deceased but Wahabbi don't.

there're countless narrations from Ahlulbayt about suffis and their deviant ways. no shia can ever be united with a sufi, this doesn't mean we have to be enemies and fight each other. we just have two separate ways that has nothing in common. we can co-exist like we do with those outside Islam and live in peace.

Edited by Ismahan007

I see great similarities between us, we distant ourselves from the so called "salafis" and we are a sub-sect of Ahlul-Sunnah Wal Jamaa'ah. Sufism is peace is love is respect is connecting yourself and reflecting on the creation of Allah :)

Here are some of the Shaykhs that i follow some of them are sayyids and are descendants :)

Shaykh Muhammad Al Yaqoubi Al Hassani, a great Shaykh who is a direct descendant of Imam Hassan (a.s) and is a Sufi.

Shaykh+Muhammad+Al+Yaqoubi.png

Beautiful Speech

Shaykh Habib Ali Zain al-Abideen Al-Jifri a Sayid and Habib from the Balawi tribe in Hadrhamaut Yemen who are Ahlul-Bayt.

The divide is thin my brothers.

Salam,

I noticed you said Shaykh Muhammad Al Yaqoubi Al Hassani is a decendant from Imam Al-Hassan (as). It can't be possible because most [more likely all] of Imam Al-Hassan's were killed in the tradegy of Fakh, so all sayeds are traced back to Imam Al-Hussein. Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't know much about sufism, it would be nice if you give a brief history of sufis.

wasalam

Yeah, brother Is'haaq, can you please explain to us what the origins of the Sufi school of thought are from your point of view?

Note: by 'origins' I don't mean to pull a Gingrich and imply that Sufis 'are a created people'; just want to know where it all started - for example from our point of view where the Shia ideology began was when a few of the Prophet's companions left his funeral and created a new leadership hierarchy in Islam on their own, the people who went with the Prophet's word and followed the leader God chose for us (Ali a.s.) were called 'Shia' of Ali... so, where did Sufism start?

Sufis are the biggest deceivers in Islaam, as the Imams (as) informed us to not go near these people and denounce them as well. Sound like brotherhood to you?

[١٤٢٠٤] ١٤ المولى العلامة الأردبيلي في حديقة الشيعة قال: وبالسند الصحيح عن أحمد بن محمد بن أبي نصر البزنطي، ومحمد بن إسماعيل بن بزيع (١)، عن الرضا عليه السلام، أنه قال: " من ذكر عنده الصوفية ولم ينكرهم بلسانه وقلبه، فليس منا، ومن أنكرهم، فكأنما جاهد الكفار بين يدي رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله

[14204] 14- Allama Ardbili wrote in Hadiqat al Shia: And by a sahih (authentic) sanad (chain of narration) from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. abi Nusr al Bazanti, and Muhammad b. Ismail b. Bazi', from Imam al Redha (as) that he said: "One in whose presence the Sufis are mentioned but he does not denounce them with his tongue and heart, so he is not from us. And the one who denounces them, so he is like the one who fought the kuffar along the Prophet (pbuh)."

[١٤٢٠٥] ١٥وفي الصحيح عن احمد بن محمد بن أبي نصر البزنطي، عن الرضا عليه السلام، انه قال: " قال رجل من اصحابنا للصادق جعفر بن محمد عليهما السلام: قد ظهر في هذا الزمان قوم يقال لهم: الصوفية، فما تقول فيهم ؟ قال: انهم اعداؤنا، فمن مال فيهم فهو منهم، ويحشر معهم، وسيكون اقوام يدعون حبنا، ويميلون إليهم، ويتشبهون بهم، ويلقبون انفسهم بلقبهم، ويأولون أقوالهم، الا فمن مال إليهم فليس منا، وأنا منهم براء، ومن أنكرهم ورد عليهم، كان كمن جاهد الكافر بين يدي رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله

[14205] 15- And in a sahih (authentic) hadith from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Abi Nusr al Bazanti, from Imam al Redha (as), that he said: A man among our companions said to Imam al Sadiq Ja'far bin Muhammad (as:( "A group has appeared in this period, they are called sufis, so what do you(as) say about them?" Imam(as) said: "Indeed they're our enemies so whoever is inclined towards them so he's not from us and would be resurrected with them and people would come (in the future) claiming to love us while they would be inclined to them (sufis) and would imitate/emulate them(sufis), adopt their titles and interpret their sayings, but then whoever is inclined to them (sufis) so is not from us and I(as) dissociate from them and whoever denounces their teachings so he's like as if he did jihad against the kuffar along the Prophet(PBUH)."

http://realtashayyu....nclined-to.html

Watch out brothers.

Keep me in your duas,

Thank you Brother for providing these Hadeeth. This changes my outlook. I am interested though, what are the things they do specifically that is of danger to the AhlulBayt?

Ignore the trolls, Sufis are the closest to Shia amongst Sunnis today, and both Shia and Sufi face a threat from Wahhabis. There is even a Sufi order (Bektashi) who follow the 12 Imams. I think Sufis and Shia should work together as one to face all challenges.

There are actually quite a few Sufi orders that either have Shia followers, or are officially Shia themselves.

Also, the only reason Iran is so Shia today is because of the Safavid Sufi Order establishing a Shiite monarchy in that region.

yes sufis shia should be unite

if they are not the enemies of ahlulbayt a.s or follow the enemies of ahlulbayt a.s then they are our brothers

i remember one of the greatest sufi

Sakhi lal shahbaaz qalandar who called himself the dog of the lane of ali a.s

Shahbaaz qalandar salute to you

(bismillah)

There are actually quite a few Sufi orders that either have Shia followers, or are officially Shia themselves.

And none of our Maraaji` support them or endorse them, not even the `irfan inclined ones. They actually oppose them.

Also, the only reason Iran is so Shia today is because of the Safavid Sufi Order establishing a Shiite monarchy in that region.

So, your point? Doesn't mean it was right. In fact...if you see what happened after the beginning of Safavid Empire, you will see the obvious unfriendliness they had towards Sufis.

في امان الله

(bismillah)

And none of our Maraaji` support them or endorse them, not even the `irfan inclined ones. They actually oppose them.

Maybe none of your Maraaji.

So, your point? Doesn't mean it was right. In fact...if you see what happened after the beginning of Safavid Empire, you will see the obvious unfriendliness they had towards Sufis.

في امان الله

I think it's fairly obvious that Shi'ism (both Ismaili and Ithna Ashari) historically, was primarily passed down to people by Sufi schools and orders of dervishes.

The Safavids retained their Sufi ideas and Sufi orders remained under their patronage for the remainder rule. They only kicked out those who didn't swear loyalty to the Shah and rebelled and weren't openly Shia, other dervishes themselves clashed with these groups. Dervishes were a regular sight in Safavid Iran and worked as scholars for the court and promoted its legitimacy. There's plenty of Sufi praises for the Safavid royal family and it remained the head of Iranian Sufism until its downfall. Nimutullahi Sufis in Iran and India have been openly Shia since serving the Safavid court.

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23

This sufi bashing is political. you do it because you hate khomeini.

the aimah condemned sufis, ghalis, ahlul bidah and many others but we dont see you bashing them at every chance.

What an absurd statement. The ahadith provided against the Sufiyyah (la) were from long before Khomeini's time. If Khomeini didn't associate himself with Sufis like he did, you would've seen much less bashing related to his relation with the Sufiyyah (la).

Keep me in your duas,

Edited by Al-Afasy

my friend, dont get all negative. minor groups fighting with the bulk is what ur looking at. 95% of marjas and the followers dont bash each other.

the shia world more than just yasser hasbib, mujtaba sherazi and the malangs.

stop getting all negative over a small bunch.

my friend, dont get all negative. minor groups fighting with the bulk is what ur looking at. 95% of marjas and the followers dont bash each other.

the shia world more than just yasser hasbib, mujtaba sherazi and the malangs.

stop getting all negative over a small bunch.

This is EXACTLY why you should be banned. You have no interest other than bring up the names of Yassir al-Habib and Mujtaba al-Shirazi in topics that are blantantly not about them.

Reported.

Keep me in your duas,

Not all Sufis are Hallaajiyyah, I agree that Hallaajiyyism is a defective Tawhid.

Please stay away from us...

This doesn't represent AhlulBayt (as)

You should be ashamed of yourself, to be of "us" you first have to act like "us."

I ask you brother/sister, why do you think i should stay away from you, what is it do i do that is wrong, where is the embrace. :dry:

Please ignore that and other fitnah mongers, yes, like br Mushu said ofcourse we are brothers. :)

By the way, I used to be pseudo-Sufi before I came here.

As a mod, I welcome you, if I had met the same people you are meeting today here when I first came, I would have had no respect for shi'as or their beliefs, so don't allow the actions of a fervent minority to influence our brotherhood, I also used to get treated badly when I used to visit Yanabi forums, I know these are just a few fringers who's ignorance causes them to act this way. When I used to go to Yanabi there use to be atleast one person who would invariably start talking about (the invented) 'Abdullah ibn Saba' (myth), it seems these days we have to expect these kinds things.

Was-Salaam

Edited by JawzofDETH