Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Serious Mutah Question

Rate this topic

Jihadi

• Advanced Member

okay if you do mutah with a girl she gets pregnet wich its ok but if you want to do mutah with other girl for fear of falling in sin, do you need her permission as a mutah wife , what are the requirements for having another mutah wife , i was told its haram to have another mutah wife without permission from first mutah wife can anyone please tell me whats the rulings and fatawas on this

• Advanced Member

i am pretty sure u do not need the first muta wife's permission but i could be wrong....

i could almost say that i saw a ruling that you need permission from a permanent wife not a mutah wife since muta wife rights is not the same as the rights of the permanent wife rights, if you know what i mean i could be wrong

Edited by Jihadi

• Advanced Member

you don't need permission , unless you're under the control of your (permanent) wife or have given away your rights to her before marriage , than you do .

theres no permanent marriage here just mutah thats it

Edited by Jihadi

• 3 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

okay if you do mutah with a girl she gets pregnet wich its ok but if you want to do mutah with other girl for fear of falling in sin, do you need her permission as a mutah wife , what are the requirements for having another mutah wife , i was told its haram to have another mutah wife without permission from first mutah wife can anyone please tell me whats the rulings and fatawas on this

You dont need permission. You can get as many pregnant as you want :P

• Advanced Member

You dont need permission. You can get as many pregnant as you want :P

no money bro you need a good steady job with a big house for a house full of kids running all over the place with wifes talking almost 24/7 lol

Edited by Jihadi

• Veteran Member

You don't even need the permission of the permanent wife.

QUESTION: I follow the taqlid of Ayatullah Khui A friend and I have been discussing the topic of MUTA. Although we both realize that it is allowed in Islam, there is some dissagreement on its application. I contend that once a person has entered a permanent marriage, muta is no longer allowed. My friend feels that muta is still allowed as long as the permanent wife knows and does not dissapprove.

ANSWER: Both are wrong. Muta' has no restriction or condition on a man that he must be single. That is true for the woman. Nor does it contain a condition of the wife's approval. Muta' can be done wothout the permanent wife knowing.

http://www.al-islam....k/msg00544.html

1 – Muhammad b. Ya`qub from Muhammad b. Yahya from Ahmad b. Muhammad from Muhammad b. Isma`il. He said: I asked Abu ‘l-Hasan Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã: Does the man do mut`a with the slave woman with the permission of her family when he has a free-woman wife? He said: Yes, when the free-woman consents. I said: And if the free-woman permits, does one do mut`a with her? He said: Yes.

http://www.tashayyu....muta/chapter-16

Clearly if approval is needed specifically in the case of doing muta with a slave girl when married to a freewoman, then the implication is permission is not needed in order to do muta with another freewoman.

3 – Ahmad b. `Ali b. Abi Talib at-Tabrisi in al-Ihtijaj from Muhammad b. `Abdullah b. Ja`far al-Himyari, that he wrote to Sahib az-Zaman Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã asking him about the man who professes the truth and professes raj`a except that he has a family who agrees with him in all his affairs and he had promised her that he would not marry (another wife) upon her nor do mut`a nor journey by night. And he has done this for nineteen years, and he has honored his saying. So sometimes he is absent from his home for months and does not do mut`a and also does not move himself because of that. And he regards halting from whomever is with him of brethren and children and slave boys and deputies and entourage from what diminishes him in assets, and he is loves the station he is upon out of love for his family and inclination to her and maintenance for her and for himself, not out forbiddance of mut`a, rather he professes to Allah by it. So in the abandonment of that, is there a sin upon him or not?

The answer: It is preferable for him to obey Allah ÊÚÇáì by mut`a that there clear away from him the swearing in disobedience, even if one time.

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/marriage/muta/chapter-3

This hadith clearly shows permission is not needed (although in any case the burden of proof is on those who claim permission would be needed). Obviously the man did not write to his wife to get permission from her, and there is no way he could have counted on her permission anyway since she made him promise that he would not take another wife or do muta.

• Advanced Member

As I understand it according to Sayyed Al-Sistani. If the permanent wife was Muslim and you wanted to marry an Al-kitab woman temporarily then you would need the permission of the Muslim permanent wife.

• Veteran Member

no money bro you need a good steady job with a big house for a house full of kids running all over the place with wifes talking almost 24/7 lol

Islamically you are responsible for the welfare of any children, but the mutah is temporary. You are right that you need money if you maintain care of the kids.

As I understand it according to Sayyed Al-Sistani. If the permanent wife was Muslim and you wanted to marry an Al-kitab woman temporarily then you would need the permission of the Muslim permanent wife.

According to Ay. Sistani, if your most recent permanent or temporary wife is a Momina, then you can not do muta with a woman lesser in eiman than her, meaning you can not do mutah with a ahlul-kitab (christian oe jew).