Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
GermanConvert

How To Find A Shia Girl For Marriage

Rate this topic

BISMILLAHHIRRAHMANIRRAHIM

Salam aleikum rahmatuLLAHI we baraktuhu

I am Abdurrahman Tobias from Germany.

I converted to Islam in 2002

and from 2007 to 2011 I used to live in Damascus to learn Arabic....

Since 2009 or 2010 I started to read about Shia

Now I am back in Germany and I would prefer to marry a Shia girl

but the problem is that I don´t know any Shia in my area

only sunnah muslims and mosques

I would like to ask you for advice

I got the offer to marry a syrian sister

and also the offer to marry an egyptian sister

(but I think the thing with the syrian sister wont work

cause she has TEN brothers and not all agree)

but the thing is both are sunnits and they don´t know that I feel closer to Shia....

but the islamic unity is also important for me

and I am also not the youngest any more

and I feel I need to complete my deen and iman

so what´s your advice???

I don´t know many Shia that´s my problem....

Anyway it´s a big poblem for a German convert to get to know a muslim girl for marriage

and to get to know a Shia girl is even much difficulter, cause the Shia are so few exspecially in my area

so could you help me in this way

may Allah bless u

wasslam

first of all, I suggest you to forget about getting married with sunni girl from sunni family only because of unity!. ( it is my advice)

and then, you can ask your shia friends to find someone for you,

I think http://www.shiaspouse.com/ is another option.

(salam)

Guten Arben,

Congratulations on your revertion to :islam.

May :Allah.(swt) guide you .

Yes :Shia. is the best choice , we are like the AMG Mercedes of :Islam., only the best .

As for getting a wife , perhaps :Iranian. are best , :Pakistanis are too bossy , and the :Lebanese. well they come 20 brothers, 40 uncles and 2,987 cousins .

As a muslim you do get the option of 4 permanent wives and countless temporary ones.

But don't over do it . otherwise you look like MUTAHking.

And the best :Shia. mosque you find is in IRAN, where you can marry your new wife.

Good luck , all the best .

Auf weiderssen.'

(wasalam)

if his choice is an Iranian girl, then he has to forget about Mutha and second marriage. now a days none of Iranian women accept such a thing ( ofc if it is necessary like when the wife is ill or ... maybe they accept.. )

(salam)

Guten Arben,

Congratulations on your revertion to :islam.

May :Allah.(swt) guide you .

Yes :Shia. is the best choice , we are like the AMG Mercedes of :Islam., only the best .

As for getting a wife , perhaps :Iranian. are best , :Pakistanis are too bossy , and the :Lebanese. well they come 20 brothers, 40 uncles and 2,987 cousins .

As a muslim you do get the option of 4 permanent wives and countless temporary ones.

But don't over do it . otherwise you look like MUTAHking.

And the best :Shia. mosque you find is in IRAN, where you can marry your new wife.

Good luck , all the best .

Auf weiderssen.'

(wasalam)

Your german is terrible... LOL

brother why you want to spoil it for this new brother .

we must show marriage in the best possible light .

he will find out sooner or later ... so let him enjoy

I'm more than sure this brother doesn't want mutah. He wants a permanent loving marriage and relationship.

(salam)

On wikipedia, i've found that 7% of all muslims in Germany are shias..

In another SC post, There are presently around 100 registered Shia group in Germany.. (look this thread: )

From the previous link, i found this shia Islamic Center in Hamburg:

http://en.izhamburg.com/Ueber-das-Islamische-Zentrum-Hamburg/

Hope it helps..

brother why you want to spoil it for this new brother .

we must show marriage in the best possible light .

he will find out sooner or later ... so let him enjoy

for your record, I am not a brother, I am an iran girl! and I know how is thing about muta here in Iran.

:mellow:

but the thing is both are sunnits and they don´t know that I feel closer to Shia....

so what´s your advice???

Anyway it´s a big poblem for a German convert to get to know a muslim girl for marriage

and to get to know a Shia girl is even much difficulter, cause the Shia are so few exspecially in my area

may Allah bless u

wasslam

Here's a few shia organizations in Germany: http://www.shia.org/organizations.html

Depends where you live..

ps1: C'mon guys, would you mind trying to answer his question (in bold) instead of debating about mutha or trolling this thread..

ps2: i wouldn't recommend you Iranian girls because, except if you have enough to pay 350 pieces of gold (approximately 60 000 dollars) + a house on her name..

Guest a.shia.muslim.brother.110

Salam u alaykom brother,

welcome to Shia-Islam, may Allah strengthen your faith.

please take a look at below sites:

shiamatch.com

convertstoislam.com

in sha Allah you find your future spouse at the time Allah wills

so what´s your advice???

may Allah bless u

wasslam

I don't see an issue with marrying a Sunni girl. Virtuous girls can be hard to come by in certain areas, and if you find a good Muslim girl, that's all that should matter. Marrying for the strictly for the sake of unity isn't smart. But marrying a Sunni girl that you are compatible with otherwise is great in my opinion. You just need to sit down before you get married and have frank discussions about how to raise children, how to go about life as a Sunni and Shia living in the same household.

Personally, I believe Muslim is Muslim. In 99.99% of things, we are the same. Seriously, if you look at all the things that really matter in everyday modern life, there's hardly any difference. But over the course of some 1400 years, we've gotten it in our heads that the other is doing something wrong, is innovating, is bad for Islam, etc.

I recommend praying over it. Look up the prayer of guidance - istikhara. See where that gets you. And good luck.

Sorry, but I really don't agree. Shia men should ideally marry shia girls. There are lots of single shia girls out there and I don't see why he would need to marry a sunni.

This woman is going to be more than just your bed partner. Your spouse is supposed to help you in matters of religion, your wife is going to be the mother of your children. You need to be sure that she doesn't follow some skewed version of Islam and have a dodgy aqeedah. Don't marry a sunni.

I didn't say he needed to marry a Sunni girl, I said there is nothing wrong with it. Compatibility in as many areas as possible should be the goal.

I'm not Sunni, but saying that Sunnis follow a skewed form of Islam is wrong in my opinion. What does the average Sunni do that is so skewed that it "lead you astray"? It's not like they hold majlises where men mutilate themselves with chains and knives, spilling najis blood everywhere. Or carry icons (Alams) that represent the Imams and family, and feel the need to touch or kiss them. If I didn't know any better, I would have equated that to the same thing as what Christians do when they pray to the cross, or kiss the cross. When I was in Sunday school, I used to be told so many completely false things about how Sunnis secretly worshipped idols, or did this or that, and it's all a bunch of nonsense. They can be just as good of a Muslim as a good Shia, or they can be just as bad as a bad Shia.

Focus on becoming a better Muslim yourself, and leave the judgment to Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

I didn't say he needed to marry a Sunni girl, I said there is nothing wrong with it. Compatibility in as many areas as possible should be the goal.

There is something wrong with it, although it is much worse for a Shia woman to marry a Sunni man.

4 – I said to Abu` Abdillah عليه السلام: My wife has a sister who is recognizing (`arifa) of our view. And there is no one in Basra who is upon our view but a few. So do I marry her to someone who does not regard (i.e. believe in) our view? He said: No, and there is no blessing. Verily Allah عزّ وجلّ says “And do not return them to the kuffar. They (fem.) are not allowed to them and they (masc.) are not allowed to them.” (60:10)

5 – I asked Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام about marrying the nasib. So he said: No, by Allah, it is not allowed. Fudayl said: Then I asked him another time. So I said: May I be made your ransom, what you say regarding their marriage? He said: And the woman is an `arifa? I said: An `arifa. He said: Verily the `arifa is not placed but with an `arif.

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/marriage/prohibition-by-kufr/chapter-10

6 – from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام in a hadith wherein he said: The mustad`af does not marry the mu’mina.

11 – And by the isnad from `Ali b. al-Hasan b. Faddal from Muhammad b. `Ali from Abu Jamila from Sindi from al-Fudayl b. Yasar. He said: I asked Abu Ja`far عليه السلام about the `arifa woman, does the nasib marry her? He said: No, for verily the nasib is a kafir. I said: So does the man who is not a nasib and not an `arif marry her? So he said: (Someone) other than he is more beloved to me from him.

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/marriage/prohibition-by-kufr/chapter-11

I'm not Sunni, but saying that Sunnis follow a skewed form of Islam is wrong in my opinion. What does the average Sunni do that is so skewed that it "lead you astray"? It's not like they hold majlises where men mutilate themselves with chains and knives, spilling najis blood everywhere. Or carry icons (Alams) that represent the Imams and family, and feel the need to touch or kiss them. If I didn't know any better, I would have equated that to the same thing as what Christians do when they pray to the cross, or kiss the cross.

While I am the first person to condemn some of the forms of 'worship' that you describe, to say Sunni Islam isn't skewed is completely wrong. The Imams (as) have been very clear on this:

1 – I heard Abu Ja`far عليه السلام saying: Everyone who professes (belief in) Allah `azza wa jalla with worship in which he himself strives, but he has no Imam from Allah, then his effort is not accepted, and he is astray and confused, and Allah hates his acts – until he said: And if he died upon this state, he died a death of kufr and hypocrisy. And know, O Muhammad, that the imams of tyranny and their followers are expelled from the religion of Allah. They have gone astray and have led astray, so their acts which they performed are as ash that the wind disperses in a stormy day; no power have they over aught that they have earned. That is the far straying.

2 – from Abu Ja`far عليه السلام in a hadith wherein he said: The summit of the affair, its hump, its key, the gate of things, and the satisfaction of the Rahman, is the obedience to the Imam after his recognition. Were a man to rise up (in) his night, fast (in) his day, give charity by all of his property, do hajj all of his age, and he did not recognize the walaya of the Wali of Allah and give loyalty to him, and that all of his acts be by his guidance to him, he has no right upon Allah in regards to his reward, and he is not from the people of Iman.

3 – from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام in a hadith wherein he said: One who does not come to Allah `azza wa jalla on the Day of the Resurrection with what you (pl.) are upon, not a good deed is accepted from him, and not a bad deed is overlooked for him.

5 – from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام in a hadith wherein he said: By Allah, were Iblis to have prostrated to Allah after the sin and arrogance (for) the lifespan of the world that would not have benefited him, and Allah `azza wa jalla would not have accepted him, so long as he had not prostrated to Adam as Allah `azza wa jalla had commanded him to prostrate to him. And likewise is this rebellious Umma, in fitna (al-maftuna) after its Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله, and after their abandonment of the Imam whom their Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله had appointed for them. So Allah will never accept an act from them, and never raise up a good deed for them, until they come to Allah from whence He commanded them, and give loyalty to the Imam by whose walaya they were commanded, and enter from the gate that Allah and His Messenger opened for them.

6 – from Abu Ja`far عليه السلام in a hadith wherein he said: One who does not recognize Allah, and does not recognize the Imam from us, the Ahl al-Bayt, then he has only recognized and worshiped other than Allah. Such, by Allah, is a straying.

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/preface-of-the-ibadat/chapter-29

What exactly would the point of the Imams (as) have been if the Sunnis are following a correct form of Islam anyway?

When I was in Sunday school, I used to be told so many completely false things about how Sunnis secretly worshipped idols, or did this or that, and it's all a bunch of nonsense. They can be just as good of a Muslim as a good Shia, or they can be just as bad as a bad Shia.

Yes, many Shias make up a lot of false things about Sunnis, for reasons I don't understand. However, just because some untrue things are said, it doesn't mean Sunnis are on the right path. And no, a Sunni cannot be just as good a Muslim as a good Shia.

Focus on becoming a better Muslim yourself, and leave the judgment to Allah سبحانه وتعالى.

Focus on learning more about Islam yourself before talking nonsense. Allah (swt) has already made his judgement on those who reject His Imams (as), as you can read above.

There is something wrong with it, although it is much worse for a Shia woman to marry a Sunni man.

I'm obviously no Mawlana, but I see flawed logic when a Muslim man can marry a Person of the Book, but can't marry a fellow Muslim who happens to have a few different beliefs.

What exactly would the point of the Imams (as) have been if the Sunnis are following a correct form of Islam anyway?

Not sure the analogy that best fits here, but I think a chicken & egg analogy might work to a certain extent. From my understanding of Sunniism, they don't believe the Imams were necessary. We do believe they were necessary/entitled to continue leading Muslims. While we elevate the Imams to almost a prophetic level, they hold the Imams to a very respectable level, but not prophetic level. If Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was the final messenger, one would think that Islam would be complete upon his death. Why couldn't the Prophet's companions suffice as leaders of Islam? I'm sure you get where I'm going with this-> we believe the Imams were needed to continue guiding us, they don't. Is there any definitive way of proving who is right? I don't think so.

Yes, many Shias make up a lot of false things about Sunnis, for reasons I don't understand. However, just because some untrue things are said, it doesn't mean Sunnis are on the right path. And no, a Sunni cannot be just as good a Muslim as a good Shia.

Focus on learning more about Islam yourself before talking nonsense. Allah (swt) has already made his judgement on those who reject His Imams (as), as you can read above.

Where is the proof that Shia are on the right path? Our faith would have us believe that we are, but the only definitive experts on who are on the right and wrong paths are either dead, in Heaven, or God Himself.

I do focus learning more about Islam, which is why I spend an almost equal amount of time learning from a Sunni perspective as a Shia perspective.

All this talk about one not being true/good Muslims only serves the enemies of Islam who want to divide us.

I'm obviously no Mawlana, but I see flawed logic when a Muslim man can marry a Person of the Book, but can't marry a fellow Muslim who happens to have a few different beliefs.

Nobody said a Shia couldn't marry a Sunni, just that it was not a good thing to do. That is especially the case for Shia women marrying Sunni men. As for marrying People of the Book, most Shia scholars say that is not allowed in the case of permanent marriage. Personally I think it is, but it is obviously far from desirable.

Take note of the following hadith, which could just as well apply to marrying Sunnis:

5 – And from `Ali b. Ibrahim from his father from Muhammad b. Abi `Umayr from `Abdulllah b. Sinan from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام in a hadith wherein he said: I do not love for a Muslim man to marry a Jewish woman nor a Christian woman, out of fear that she will Judaize his child or Christianize him.

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/marriage/prohibition-by-kufr/chapter-1

Not sure the analogy that best fits here, but I think a chicken & egg analogy might work to a certain extent. From my understanding of Sunniism, they don't believe the Imams were necessary. We do believe they were necessary/entitled to continue leading Muslims. While we elevate the Imams to almost a prophetic level, they hold the Imams to a very respectable level, but not prophetic level. If Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was the final messenger, one would think that Islam would be complete upon his death. Why couldn't the Prophet's companions suffice as leaders of Islam? I'm sure you get where I'm going with this-> we believe the Imams were needed to continue guiding us, they don't. Is there any definitive way of proving who is right? I don't think so.

Yes, there is a way of proving who's right, but you need to do some study and spend some time reflecting on the issues. If you have any questions, there are plenty of people here who would be more than willing to help answer them.

Where is the proof that Shia are on the right path? Our faith would have us believe that we are, but the only definitive experts on who are on the right and wrong paths are either dead, in Heaven, or God Himself.

Why not go a step further and ask where the proof is that Islam is the right path at all? Why not Christianity, or Buddhism? There is proof that Shia Islam is the right path, but you need to look for it instead of just assuming it isn't there.

I do focus learning more about Islam, which is why I spend an almost equal amount of time learning from a Sunni perspective as a Shia perspective.

If you are Shia, you should first learn about that properly before looking at other faiths.

All this talk about one not being true/good Muslims only serves the enemies of Islam who want to divide us.

Diluting real Islam in order to please everybody isn't going to help make Islam stronger.

first of all, congratulations germanconvert and welcome

@coldcrow, you gotta see the bigger picture. If hes shia and the girls sunni, they gna be praying different, different beliefs, different prayer times, most of the time they will be fasting and celebrating eid on different days, how will they bring up the children?

unless he can conevrt the girl, i think he should marry either a convert like himself or another shia girl.

Guest Zahratul_Islam

You think Pakistani girls are bossier than Iranian girls?

tumblr_lttf1jRJyd1qinvno.gif

Yes, there is a way of proving who's right, but you need to do some study and spend some time reflecting on the issues. If you have any questions, there are plenty of people here who would be more than willing to help answer them.

Why not go a step further and ask where the proof is that Islam is the right path at all? Why not Christianity, or Buddhism? There is proof that Shia Islam is the right path, but you need to look for it instead of just assuming it isn't there.

Exactly! The proof is there because you want to see the proof. There are many people of other faiths who research Islam for doctoral degrees, some become better experts on Islam than most Muslims, some convert, some don't. They see the same information, but some choose to believe it, some don't. In the end there is still an element of faith to what we believe. We may believe the "proofs" to be fact, but they aren't.

Ghadeer Khum, for example. Sunni scholars and Shia scholars look at the same event, with the same facts surrounding it, but they come up with completely different conclusions to the purpose behind it.

Global warming - the same weather data, the same patterns and graphs, different people, different views, different conclusions.

If you are Shia, you should first learn about that properly before looking at other faiths.

I seem to be forgetting the quote, but weren't there people who turned down Islam on the basis that they were following the religion of their parent's? Something like that.

They refused to even look at the truth because the believed they already followed it.

I research all religions, to a certain extent. More into the differences between Sunni & Shia than anything else. But through comparison and contrast I do learn a lot.

@coldcrow, you gotta see the bigger picture. If hes shia and the girls sunni, they gna be praying different, different beliefs, different prayer times, most of the time they will be fasting and celebrating eid on different days, how will they bring up the children?

unless he can conevrt the girl, i think he should marry either a convert like himself or another shia girl.

I always try to look at the big picture. Which is why I wrote this in my original post:

You just need to sit down before you get married and have frank discussions about how to raise children, how to go about life as a Sunni and Shia living in the same household.

I'm actually looking at an even bigger picture, and think that if they can truly figure this out, it will promote more understanding between us. And maybe one day we can think of each other as good Muslims.

But what can I say, I'm an idealist.

Edited by coldcow

Exactly! The proof is there because you want to see the proof. There are many people of other faiths who research Islam for doctoral degrees, some become better experts on Islam than most Muslims, some convert, some don't. They see the same information, but some choose to believe it, some don't. In the end there is still an element of faith to what we believe. We may believe the "proofs" to be fact, but they aren't.

Ghadeer Khum, for example. Sunni scholars and Shia scholars look at the same event, with the same facts surrounding it, but they come up with completely different conclusions to the purpose behind it.

Global warming - the same weather data, the same patterns and graphs, different people, different views, different conclusions.

I seem to be forgetting the quote, but weren't there people who turned down Islam on the basis that they were following the religion of their parent's? Something like that.

They refused to even look at the truth because the believed they already followed it.

I research all religions, to a certain extent. More into the differences between Sunni & Shia than anything else. But through comparison and contrast I do learn a lot.

I always try to look at the big picture. Which is why I wrote this in my original post:

I'm actually looking at an even bigger picture, and think that if they can truly figure this out, it will promote more understanding between us. And maybe one day we can think of each other as good Muslims.

But what can I say, I'm an idealist.

fair enough, and yes you are an idealist. that will happen when the imam mahdi (as) reappears insha'Allah.

Marriages between Sunnis and Shias are ideal to you? :mellow:

You trolling? Or just not reading my whole post?

Because just above that I wrote "...it will promote more understanding between us. And maybe one day we can think of each other as good Muslims.", and just above that I quoted myself as saying "You just need to sit down before you get married and have frank discussions about how to raise children, how to go about life as a Sunni and Shia living in the same household."

So to answer your question, no I do not think that Shia marrying Sunni is in an of itself inherently "ideal," but if two individuals are compatible with each other and capable of living life together comfortably as Shia and Sunni, and can figure out to get rid of the labels and just be Muslim, then I think that would be ideal.

You trolling? Or just not reading my whole post?

Because just above that I wrote "...it will promote more understanding between us. And maybe one day we can think of each other as good Muslims.", and just above that I quoted myself as saying "You just need to sit down before you get married and have frank discussions about how to raise children, how to go about life as a Sunni and Shia living in the same household."

So to answer your question, no I do not think that Shia marrying Sunni is in an of itself inherently "ideal," but if two individuals are compatible with each other and capable of living life together comfortably as Shia and Sunni, and can figure out to get rid of the labels and just be Muslim, then I think that would be ideal.

You don't need to marry somebody to think of them as a good muslim. You don't need to marry a sunni to understand them better. A sunni might have all the characteristics required to be a good person e.g be kind, generous, give charity, patient etc etc, but that doesn't mean they suddenly become good muslims, because it takes more than that to be a good muslim. As a shia, I don't believe that somebody who denies the concept of Imamat can be a good muslim. Just like the majority of sunnis don't think people who deny the caliphate of the first 3 can be good muslims.

If somebody marries a sunni and lives in the same household with them, they are inevitably going to end up compromising on their beliefs somewhere along the line. I guess to some people it's just not that big a deal.

You don't need to marry somebody to think of them as a good muslim. You don't need to marry a sunni to understand them better. A sunni might have all the characteristics required to be a good person e.g be kind, generous, give charity, patient etc etc, but that doesn't mean they suddenly become good muslims, because it takes more than that to be a good muslim. As a shia, I don't believe that somebody who denies the concept of Imamat can be a good muslim. Just like the majority of sunnis don't think people who deny the caliphate of the first 3 can be good muslims.

If somebody marries a sunni and lives in the same household with them, they are inevitably going to end up compromising on their beliefs somewhere along the line. I guess to some people it's just not that big a deal.

I didn't say you need to marry someone to think of them as a good Muslim, I said it'll help bring us together. When I say "us" I don't mean the married couple, I mean Sunnis and Shias. Even the prophet married a Jew, did he not?

Personally I believe in combining the best of both Sunni & Shia. For example, I pray 5 discreet times per day. I don't pray 3 times and call it 5 times because I'm saying 5 prayers. I actually pray 5 times. But I don't eat fish unless it has scales, even though in the Qu'ran it says something along the lines of "for you has been made lawful the game of the sea." Because I read into the meaning behind it, and I think the Shia interpretation of this might be right, that it was a specific provision dealing with Hajj, or something like that. Also, I think mutah is completely wrong and I'm embarrased that Muslims today still think it's ok to promote what essentially amounts to prostitution.

Long story short, I consider myself more of a Muslim than a Shia or a Sunni, because I don't blindly follow what my parents followed, or their parents before them and I don't get caught up in the semantics of 1400+ year old politics. I try to avoid falling into the realm of naive realism that is so prevalent whenever there are two dichotomous view points (liberal vs conservative, sunni vs shia, even healthy vs unhealthy). The first 3 caliphs did a lot for Islam in its early years, whether you'd like to admit it or not. Slandering them does nothing but continue to drive a wedge between us and doesn't even do anything to help bring Sunnis toward Shiasim if that's your goal.

I'm sure some of you think I'm a deficient Muslim, or maybe not even a Muslim at all, but regardless, I think you should at least be able to understand my position now.

Personally I believe in combining the best of both Sunni & Shia. For example, I pray 5 discreet times per day. I don't pray 3 times and call it 5 times because I'm saying 5 prayers. I actually pray 5 times. But I don't eat fish unless it has scales, even though in the Qu'ran it says something along the lines of "for you has been made lawful the game of the sea." Because I read into the meaning behind it, and I think the Shia interpretation of this might be right, that it was a specific provision dealing with Hajj, or something like that. Also, I think mutah is completely wrong and I'm embarrased that Muslims today still think it's ok to promote what essentially amounts to prostitution

Assalam Alaikum Brother,

If you could give me details of the type of person for marriage that you are looking for then I will try to help you. What age, level of education and does she have to live in Germany?

I would definitely marry a Shia as this will affect your childrens upbringing.