Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
King

Holding Your Wifes Hand In Public?

Rate this topic

Well I havent seen Pakistani uncles and aunties hold hands but they have had a valentines party once lol I think its just our culture to not show off love by holding hands and stuff but that doesnt mean you shouldnt do it. Personally I think it's cute :P I would hold me husband's hand in public lol maybe not all the time but sometimes

nobody's opinion matters really, the question is, what is the islamic ruling on this, is holding your wife's hand and other forms of public affection allowed in islam?

But since everybody is throwing out opinions, i have to say i like the japanese style, father walks infront then the wife behind him then kids...or is it husband then kids then wife...something like that...all in a line...just like ducks.

Would you do it? Who else here hates public displays of affection? Why not keep these things totally private? What about your wife getting all touchy in front of your family or friends? Why are women so bent on showing their relationship off? Why can't you just appreciate a good thing at home and shut up about it? Why does the whole world need to know? Who else here has never seen their parents hug each other except at the airport when we literally force them to do so? Knowing full well that they are madly in love with each other. I thought these things would be awkward for anyone from a conservative culture, but maybe it is just a Pakistani thing.

Yes it is Pakistani thing (in fact Hindu or Aryan-Persian culture thing) or twisted Jewish thing. Most of these cultures treated women as sub humans, dirty, almost to the level of a najis being. Not joking but one sect in conservative Jewish sects still cut holes in the sheets to get intimate with their wives, so husband body still does not touch the najis woman being. Status of women is very well known among Hindus. The baby daughter killers are famous for their treatment of women world over. Count how few Hindus you see with baby daughters. Majority have boys and that is always two, don't know in UK, but here in states, abortion is legal and Hindus are among the biggest clients.

Islam is wayyyy above this. So of course modesty in everything is pure Islamic but touching hands or other humanly shows of affections are perfectly fine in Islam. Obviously going beyond anything modest is unIslamic, in fact satanic since it induces bad desires among the audience.

not a single hadith or quranic ayat presented....wah shiachat wah!

keep those personal opinions coming...like we really care what u think or have expereinced.

Edited by La fata illa Ali

sayed al-hakeem:

Q [3] Is it permissible for a man and his wife to hold hands when going out in public?

A: Such acts are amongst the attitudes of non-Muslims societies. A believer is urged not to dissolve his personality in such ethics in such a way that he/she adopts their codes of behaviors. One should adopt a distinguished way of behavior that originates from the religious codes of ethics

http://english.alhakeem.com/pages/quesans/listgroup_ques.php?Where=36

What exactly is going on there? Two men holding hands in this way (or any other way) is simply not acceptable.

Pretty much common place in many Muslim countries to see men holding hands or arms linked, or as Maryaam said:

Funny how men in these "conservative cultures" don’t have a problem being openly physically affectionate with one another in public but easily dismiss any connection to the one who should be most important to them – their wife

Pretty much common place in many Muslim countries to see men holding hands or arms linked, or as Maryaam said:

They don't just hold hands. They hug, they kiss and walk together shoulder to shoulder and hand-in-hand.

Sometimes, you can observe some man grabbing other man behind, but this is a bit too extreme and shouldn't be encourage.

Guest Inaya

God created people with gaps between their fingers so we can cross our fingers tight and never let go.

This can indicate food, or the hand of your loved one haha :P

Anyway, this is all personal preferences. If the man wants to hold hand, yeah sure why not. If not, still cool. It's not a big deal.

Oh your into the au naturel/mediterranean look? I dunno bra, call me shallow, but barring the head, the wiminz should be as hairless as an sphynx cat

So you suggest that they shave their arms too lol?

Grow up. Be a man.

Edited by ShiaBen

So you suggest that they shave their arms too lol?

Grow up. Be a man.

Er no, because then the hair will obviously grow back thicker and darker.

There is hair removal cream and/or waxing you know.

Alternatively you can "be a man" and just tolerate it as you suggested.