In the Name of God بسم الله

[LAWS]Is Gluten Halal Or Haram?

Rate this topic

Ali Musaaa :)

• Advanced Member

Salaam alaykum :)

Guys I was just wondering, is gluten halal or haram? I didn't think I was haram but then again I didn't actually know what it was made out of. But I hope you don't mind me asking in the cooking section :P becuase you guys would inshAllah, have a rough idea haha.

Thank you all.

• Veteran Member

:) Your welcome Ali

There are also some rules according to Ayatollah Sistani like the mono and Digylcerides from what i understand when something maybe made of either animal (non Islamic slaughtered) or non animal sources and one don't know for sure what it is made form it is considered halal. check on najaf.org for more information if you would like.

http://www.najaf.org...x/appendix2.htm

http://www.najaf.org/english/book/5/

Edited by Maitham

• Advanced Member

Thank you heaps!

I will have to some serious research and study in these areas as I don't want to be held to account by Allah for doing or consuming something haram without knowing about it and not studying on what is Halal and Haram when I could of..

InshAllah I will get in to it :)

• Veteran Member

Insha Allah

Well sometimes one cannot find out and doubt is not like being certain, in non meat products. and it seems from the one link i posted above one don't even need to ask into it for non meat products. that ingredient i mentioned above is in many things and can be hard eating sometimes with a worriment about that one. i personally went through a excessive worriment stage. so research what scholars say good brother.

Your welcome

Khuda Hafez

Edited by Maitham

• Advanced Member

Insha Allah

Well sometimes one cannot find out and doubt is not like being certain, in non meat products. and it seems from the one link i posted above one don't even need to ask into it for non meat products. that ingredient i mentioned above is in many things and can be hard eating sometimes with a worriment about that one. i personally went through a excessive worriment stage. so research what scholars say good brother.

Your welcome

Khuda Hafez

Will do, inshAllah

Thanks again :)

• 3 years later...
  • Basic Members

Salam brothers
I have got a pack of chocolates.  In the ingredients it is written "May contain traces of peanuts and GLUTEN".  It is not mentioned whether extracted from animal meet or vegetables.
Is there any update on the above Fatwa?
Can I use this pack of chocolate as Halal?

Salam

Isn't gluten simply put wheat?

I think I might be gluten intolerant by the way and many people are discovering they are. I even read somewhere that the plant Adam and Eve weren't allowed to approach was wheat, but don't quote me on that. I'd have to find out what religion or sect or book that was. But there is lots of research out there that claims gluten is super bad and poisonous. Allahu Aalam

Basically I noticed that when I avoid gluten / wheat my skin clears up more. But I'll have to confirm this one in the future in sha Allah :)