Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
beardedbaker

Affordable Travel

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

Some of us who are keen travelers, yet find themselves a bit short on cash these days, could try this as an alternative: spiritual travel; the alternative destination being: the imaginary world, or world of spirits. And the means of transport: Sujood (prostration).

In prostration we are in the highest form of submissiveness and nearness to Allah (swt) (in a physical, material sense). We become small, as our bodies curl up like a baby curls up in the womb; and we are at the lowest point during the sequence in prayers, our foreheads touching the cheapest materials (clay).

Some even reach the point where they feel like their foreheads demand them to prostrate. They feel emotionally defficient if they don't prolong this moment until that defficiency is satisfied. This is the travel of the believer.

So brothers and sisters, lets perfect our sujood to the Almighty, Who is the Perfect and Self-sufficient, Giver of Life and Insight in this world and the next, and on Whom all depend.

(wasalam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

:Jazak-Allah-Khair., nice post , I feel like sujood after reading this .

It's the best first class travel ,1000 times better than on the 1st class Emirates A380 airbus.

(wasalam)

well...that shower in first class IS a nice touch, you have to admit :P

(bismillah)

(salam)

A beautiful post indeed! There are times where in my sajood I feel this is where I belong. It's definitely a spiritual journey as sometimes I feel I'm in a imaginary world, a world which I never want to come out of.

(bismillah)

For some, brothers and sisters, sujood is the most pleasurable act. It's not a matter of minutes or hours, it's an all night affair.

When in sujood, there is no need to use fancy words or long du'as. Contemplating in silence can do wonders.

There are some who pray Salaat-ul Layl, and after they finish, go in sujood and fall asleep in their sajdah. What a sight. If you want to perfect your sujood in that moment, remember Prophet Yunus (as), and his supplication in the stomache of the whale;

فَنَادَىٰ فِي الظُّلُمَاتِ أَنْ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَفَنَادَىٰ فِي الظُّلُمَاتِ أَنْ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

And he called out within the darknesses, "There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers."

Note he didn't say 'Allah, there is no deity except you...', his was a direct address to Him, as if He was his closest companion and old friend. And then he admits he is in this situation due to his own wrongdoing, and not due to any other factor. We put ourselves in difficult situations, so let's not attribute them to Allah سبحانه وتعالى, exhalted be He from any evil act.

So brothers and sisters, let's make our sujood a Yunusiyan sujood, a sujood of knowledge of Allah سبحانه وتعالى, and a proclamation our faults to ourselves, and the Magnificence of the Almighty Allah سبحانه وتعالى.

Edited by thecontentedself