Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Assange Interviews Nasrallah

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

http://rt.com/news/assange-hezbollah-nasrallah-syria-263/

Nasrallah to Assange: Hezbollah talked to Syria opposition; we want dialogue, US & Israel want civil war

Published: 17 April, 2012, 15:39

want-talked-opposition-syria.n.jpg

Nasrallah to Assange: Hezbollah talked to Syria opposition; we want dialogue, US & Israel want civil war

Hezbollah urged the Syrian opposition to engage in dialogue with Assad's regime, but they refused. Hezbollah leader Sayyid Nasrallah confirmed this in his first interview in six years, the world premiere of Julian Assange’s The World Tomorrow on RT.

Sayyid Hassan Nasrallah told Assange that Hezbollah supports Syrian president Bashar al-Assad as Syria supported resistance in Lebanon and “hasn't backed down in the face of Israeli and American pressure.”

Nasrallah, a freedom fighter to millions though a terrorist to the US, Israel, Canada and the Netherlands, says Assad’s regime “served the Palestinian cause very well.”

This is why Hezbollah supported the so-called Arab Spring in Tunisia, Yemen, Egypt and elsewhere, but when it came to Syria, Hezbollah urged the opposition to engage in dialog with President Bashar al-Assad.

“This is the first time I say this – We contacted […] the opposition to encourage them and to facilitate the process of dialogue with the regime. But they rejected dialogue,” he revealed. “Right from the beginning we have had a regime that is willing to undergo reforms and prepared for dialogue. On the other side you have an opposition which is not prepared for dialogue and it is not prepared to accept reforms. All it wants is to bring down the regime. This is a problem.”

Nasrallah called for balance on the Syrian issue as “armed groups in Syria have killed very many civilians” though international blame is leveled squarely at President Assad.

Several Arab & non-Arab states are arming and funding the rebels while in the Hezbollah leader’s opinion Al-Qaeda simply wants to turn Syria into a battle ground.

There is fighting in Syria – when one party retreats, the other will advance, it will go on as long as doors to dialogue are shut,” he told Assange.

Stressing that Hezbollah supports dialogue, Nasrallah points out that without it, "civil war is the only alternative." In his words "this is exactly what America and Israel want… Arab states are ready for tens of years of dialogue with Israel but won't have two months to try a political solution in Syria

• Advanced Member

I wouldn't be talking about armed gangs if I was Hassan, considering that he leads the biggest armed terrorist gang in the world.

Say wha? You trippin' hombre!

• Advanced Member

Say wha? You trippin' hombre!

It's not my fault that the uprising in Syria has made Hassan delusional, that he has to resort to such narratives about "armed gangs". He is starting to sound like Gaddafi now, he should really be careful incase he meets the same fate at the hands of the Lebanese people. Edited by Abu Muslim

• Advanced Member

It's not my fault that the uprising in Syria has made Hassan delusional, that he has to resort to such narratives about "armed gangs". He is starting to sound like Gaddafi now, he should really be careful incase he meets the same fate at the hands of the Lebanese people.

Salams Abu Muslim,

Do you not think that unlike Gaddafi, Seyyed Nasrallah (HA) has a substantially greater popular base? One can measure this, for example, by looking at Hezbollah's representation in the current Lebanese parliament: 12 seats out of a total of 128 (and not including their March 8 allies).

Surely the people/factions that dislike him and the Hezb, disliked them before the events in Syria? Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.

Edited by Hagop

• Advanced Member

It's not my fault that the uprising in Syria has made Hassan delusional, that he has to resort to such narratives about "armed gangs". He is starting to sound like Gaddafi now, he should really be careful incase he meets the same fate at the hands of the Lebanese people.

I don't know how anyone can watch that interview and turn around and call the Syed delusional!

Edited by south-lebanon

• Veteran Member

What a load of rubbish from Hassan. Armed gangs? Isnt hizb a huge armed gang itself? I wouldn't be talking about armed gangs if I was Hassan, considering that he leads the biggest armed terrorist gang in the world.

Yes except that, this so called gang is fighting your master Israel, it never goes to bomb a 'mosque' or 'stop a bus' and behead the civilians, cut the heads of Muslim scholars and thousands of more crimes. This gang stands by Sharia, this gang achieved something that Sunni militants cannot even dream of!!!

Now can you tell me what Syrian gangs did? Massacring 135 Shias in Homs because they belong to a different sect? Sending suicide bombers across the country? Declaring their hatreds against Alawites by promising to finish every single Alawite once they get power? Receiving aids from Saudis, Qataris and Zionist dogs?

Can't you see the difference? If Hizb behaved like this gang, today we would had a country called LEBANON with a population 100% Shia and all other sects either killed or lived as refugees in exile. But, Hizb chose instead to gift Lebanon with freedom, pride, independence, brotherhood and only fighting the sworn enemy of its country, the state of Zionist. The group with all its powers even did not react harshly when the gay groups (march14) provoked by the West tried to initiate a civil war against them a few years ago... it only spanked them a few times and it was Hizb who gave an end to the local unrest, because it is not its policy.