Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
5a49

Look At This Pic...what Do You Feel?

Rate this topic

A Back hander if its a guy..

A straight hander if its a women..

:)

Eyyy i have those in my room yeh.. don't be hatin' ..!

I'm feeling that those are some horrendous looking curtains.

Guest Zahratul_Islam

yes

Brethren did someone ask about the electrical sockets in Karachi?

Does Iraq have the same electrical sockets as UK

I don't see sockets in this picture. I think needed an adapter thingy for my hair curler on my visit

socket.jpgPO128.jpg

These are the type you get in UK - the 3 pin sockets.

There is a 3 pin socket next to the light switch on the right of the horrible curtains.

I don't see sockets in this picture. I think needed an adapter thingy for my hair curler on my visit

Look at the top right of the picture and all shall be revealed.

This would explain why you needed an 'adapter thingy'

iraq-socketfit.jpg

Electrical outlets found in the Republic of Iraq

So yes they do have UK electrical sockets along with Indian and Euro-Russian ones.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Guest Zahratul_Islam

These are the type you get in UK - the 3 pin sockets.

There is a 3 pin socket next to the light switch on the right of the horrible curtains.

Look at the top right of the picture and all shall be revealed.

This would explain why you needed an 'adapter thingy'

Electrical outlets found in the Republic of Iraq

So yes they do have UK electrical sockets along with Indian and Euro-Russian ones.

I must be going crazy I thought that was art work or something.

Edited by Zahratul_Islam

White woman dons the mantle of white man's burden (is what comes to mind).

As for feeling: I feel that if the Umma's going to do taqlid of western interior design then why not imitate something a bit more contemporary and Scandinavian, with clean lines, simple colours and tasteful furnishings.

For example: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=scandinavian+interior+design&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=MRKLT98MpabRBcGq1OgJ&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=672

Beloved ikhwaan wa akhawaat: please, less of the faux Louis Quinze decor in your homes!

As for feeling: I feel that if the Umma's going to do taqlid of western interior design then why not imitate something a bit more contemporary and Scandinavian, with clean lines, simple colours and tasteful furnishings.

For example: http://www.google.co...iw=1024&bih=672

Beloved ikhwaan wa akhawaat: please, less of the faux Louis Quinze decor in your homes!

Not bad.

Though I'm very fond of Moroccan interior design, I love the Arabesque/Arabian nights themes. But at least it's an organic and genuine style of design and one that has developed over the centuries with true artisanship.

http://www.google.co...nHee_0QXUrK3GCQ

As for the image in OP's post, I'd recommend a darker, richer colour curtain, to stand out from the magnolia walls.

living-room-curtains-12068900-silk-curtains-and-bay-windows.jpg

I like how this thread has trangressed from the OP's initial intention of denouncing US military intrusions into civillian homes to electrical appliances and interior design. Only on the internetz.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

For example: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=scandinavian+interior+design&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=MRKLT98MpabRBcGq1OgJ&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=672

Not bad.

Though I'm very fond of Moroccan interior design, I love the Arabesque/Arabian nights themes. But at least it's an organic and genuine style of design and one that has developed over the centuries with true artisanship.

http://www.google.co...nHee_0QXUrK3GCQ

As for the image in OP's post, I'd recommend a darker, richer colour curtain, to stand out from the magnolia walls.

living-room-curtains-12068900-silk-curtains-and-bay-windows.jpg

I like how this thread has trangressed from the OP's initial intention of denouncing US military intrusions into civillian homes to electrical appliances and interior design. Only on the internetz.

:dry:

Does Iraq have the same electrical sockets as UK

yes, southern Iraq and the Arab states in the Persian Gulf (Qatar, UAE, and I assume Bahrain, but I haven't been there) use the 3-pin square British sockets.

The northern half of Iraqi Kurdistan however, use the two-pin Continental European round-sockets (as does Turkey and Iran).

I know because I bring my laptop everywhere and I always notice when I have to use my adapter thingy.

If I was that girl I probably would have gotten pistol whipped, tasered, and beaten up.....I don't think I would have been as cooperative.

Shiites do their holy pilgrims in Muharram, a practice which was forbidden under the dictatorship of Saddam Hussain.

Thats a lie, Saddam would never have infringed on people's freedom of religion, he was very sensitive to people's religious sensitivities. He built Churches for the Assyrians and renovated the al Abbas Mosque in the 1980s, do you think he wold have forbiden basic Shia practices ?

Of course it may have been banned for some years due to law and order problems and the ban on more than 4 people gathering in one place.

Not in Iraq but still very heartbreaking. http://news.yahoo.com/girl-pulitzer-winning-picture-still-nightmares-094343731.html

Thats a lie, Saddam would never have infringed on people's freedom of religion, he was very sensitive to people's religious sensitivities. He built Churches for the Assyrians and renovated the al Abbas Mosque in the 1980s, do you think he wold have forbiden basic Shia practices ?

Of course it may have been banned for some years due to law and order problems and the ban on more than 4 people gathering in one place.

With all due respect, who are you kidding? Were you a shia you lived in Iraq during that time? Shia were targeted, I speak from much personal experience not to mention the many shia clerics that were targeted under his regime. I hope you did not forget the events of 1991... How many shia casualties were there?

With all due respect, who are you kidding? Were you a shia you lived in Iraq during that time? Shia were targeted, I speak from much personal experience not to mention the many shia clerics that were targeted under his regime. I hope you did not forget the events of 1991... How many shia casualties were there?

He doesn't consider those events to have been carried out by Saddam's regime. He claims the Amreekans did it to discredit Saddam.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/234999864-first-gulf-war-damage-to-mosques-caused-by-usa/

I know.

He doesn't consider those events to have been carried out by Saddam's regime. He claims the Amreekans did it to discredit Saddam.

http://www.shiachat....-caused-by-usa/

I know.

I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to personal opinions but one cannot deny historical facts. Iraq could have been among the world's leading nations but Saddam destroyed it, he took it to the point of no return. If I did not have faith in the might of Allah swt, I would have said there is no solution or remedy for Iraq after what Saddam did to it.

Not in Iraq but still very heartbreaking. http://news.yahoo.co...-094343731.html

The irony is that Iraq was and is 65 % Shia, so even if your arguments that "Shia were targetted" is true, it would mean most Iraqi Shia [Edited] can't stand up for what they believe in.

Edited by inshaAllah
Please avoid inflammatory comments. Member warn log updated.

The irony is that Iraq was and is 65 % Shia, so even if your arguments that "Shia were targetted" is true, it would mean most Iraqi Shia [Edited] can't stand up for what they believe in.

Were you dropped at a tender age?

Why go back in history when you have an example of Bahrain right in front of you.

I don't know if you tore out pages of your history book, but Shias did stand up against the tyrant and were met with brute force and bloodshed. I'm sure you know this well given the fact that you're educated individual, however, sometimes people see what they want to believe not what is.

Were you dropped at a tender age?

Why go back in history when you have an example of Bahrain right in front of you.

Iraq cannot be compared to Bahrain. In Bahrain the Shia have got a special type of apartheid threatment. There are almost very, very few Shias in Bahrain who are in the Armed Forces, Police, Academic instituitons, the Bahraini regime is a sectarian regime and the basis of their power are strictly sectarian and geopolitical. Al-Khalifa has ensured that even if the Shia succeed in toppling him, they will find it very difficult to rule the country without outside help.

However, in Iraq, you had high-ranking Shia members of the Baath Party, many Shia cabinet Ministers ( I can name a many) , many top Shia Generals and high-ranking military officers, Shia professors, intellectuals, poets, artistes, academics, sportsmen, diplomats.

Just to name a few Shias in Saddam's inner circle -

Saadun Hammadi - Former Oil Minister, Foreign Minister, and Prime Minister

Hamza al Zubeidi - Former Prime Minister

Mohammed Sa'id al-Sahhaf - Minister of Information and Broadcasting

Mizban Khidr al-Hadi - member of the RCC

Zuhayr Talib al-Naqib - Director, Military Intelligence

Dr. Amir Hassan al-Saadi - Scientific Advisor to Saddam and head of nuclear programme

Mohammed Mahdi al-Saleh - Minister of Trade

Huda Mahdi Ammash - Baath Party Youth wing leader, renowned microbiologist, Dean of Baghdad University.

Abdel Baqi Abdel Karim - Baath Party Baghdad City secretary

Muhsen Khidr al-Khafaji - Governor of Karbala

Edited by Professor Higgins

However, in Iraq, you had high-ranking Shia members of the Baath Party, many Shia cabinet Ministers ( I can name a many) , many top Shia Generals and high-ranking military officers, Shia professors, intellectuals, poets, artistes, academics, sportsmen, diplomats.

We both know these people are stooges of Saddam who were directly part in suppressing, torturing and killing Shia.

Obviously you have a different definition of Shia then what majority of Shiachatters believe. This example is a reminder of those people who gave Bayyah to Ali (as) and then came to war against him. Shining examples are Talha and Zubair.

Coming back to the Bahrain, Shias are generally ok with a non-shia govt as long as the ruler is un biased and fair to all citizens. This is why al Wafaq is willing to negotiate instead of going all out in protests and mayhem.

We both know these people are stooges of Saddam who were directly part in suppressing, torturing and killing Shia.

Obviously you have a different definition of Shia then what majority of Shiachatters believe. This example is a reminder of those people who gave Bayyah to Ali (as) and then came to war against him. Shining examples are Talha and Zubair.

Coming back to the Bahrain, Shias are generally ok with a non-shia govt as long as the ruler is un biased and fair to all citizens. This is why al Wafaq is willing to negotiate instead of going all out in protests and mayhem.

Were Talha and Zubair ever Shia of Ali ? I did not know this, though I admit my knowledge of Islamic history is somehwat limited at not having patience to go through the Ahadith.

As for al Wefaq, to the best of my knowledge, most of the anti-regime Bahrainis, especially the youth, consider them ineffective and are into more radical methods, like throwing molotov cocktails, lol.

Btw if those people fall into a different definition of Shia, then that means there is the existence of a Takfiri trend among the Shia. Clearly you don;t take certain kinds of Shias to be Shias of "your definition".

Were Talha and Zubair ever Shia of Ali ? I did not know this, though I admit my knowledge of Islamic history is somehwat limited at not having patience to go through the Ahadith.

They gave bayah to Ali (as) and then came into a battleground to fight against him.. So you tell me.

As for al Wefaq, to the best of my knowledge, most of the anti-regime Bahrainis, especially the youth, consider them ineffective and are into more radical methods, like throwing molotov cocktails, lol.

You dont speak for Bahraini youth and even though they are in majority they are still being patient cause they prefer dialogue instead of mayhem and murder.

Btw if those people fall into a different definition of Shia, then that means there is the existence of a Takfiri trend among the Shia. Clearly you don;t take certain kinds of Shias to be Shias of "your definition".

lol i just answered this issue with Talha and zubair example. I can give you plenty more if you want cause things are not always in black and white.

74777_10150790531390239_680155238_11945401_299978957_n.jpg

(bismillah)

(salam)

This is the treatment I received in the airports when flying from the US to Germany and from Germany to Iran. The same treatment when flying from the US to Dubai and Dubai to Iran. The only difference is the woman was in civilian clothes. While this is going on, they are xraying your carry on bag and in possession of your purse with all your valuables in it. :donno:

(bismillah)

(salam)

This is the treatment I received in the airports when flying from the US to Germany and from Germany to Iran. The same treatment when flying from the US to Dubai and Dubai to Iran. The only difference is the woman was in civilian clothes. While this is going on, they are xraying your carry on bag and in possession of your purse with all your valuables in it. :donno:

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from but this is in their own home...