Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Since easter is right around the corner, I think it is important to start a forum. If someone asks me, why dont you celebrate easter, how should i respond?

thank you

do you mourn on aashura ??

Do you celebrate eid ul zuha / adha ??

Do you cry on imam husain a.s??

Do you beat your chest??

do you pray namaz??

Do you fast on ramzan??

I think this is enough and you can make more by this

(bismillah)

(salam)

"Some things that are commonplace in Christian belief and practice today do not have their origins in Jesus’ (as) teachings, but rather in a vote by church authorities or papal decree. This of course includes the celebrations of Christmas and Easter, as well as definition of the Trinity, and permission to pray to the Mother of Jesus, Mary. The word “trinity” does not exist in the Bible and yet it is an essential belief of Christians. The trinity concept was invented by church leaders to explain their beliefs; and even today the church leaders have votes and decrees over the natures and functions of the different parts of their Godhead. The faithful Christians trust that their leaders are God-inspired and that the authors of the Bible were as well."

The above excerpt is from Part 1 here: http://www.al-islam....tionsnewmuslim/

I just wait till Easter is finished so I can get discounted surplas chocolate Easter eggs from the supermarket.

And chocolate bunnies

Many Islamic practices are not mentioned in the Qu'ran either - doesn't make them any less Islamic...

(bismillah)

(salam)

Aarash_Australia, the difference is that Islamic practices by the Holy Prophet SA or the Ahlul Bayt AS cannot be disregarded. They are based on history.

Celebrating Easter or Christmas is an invention by the pope and/or other religious officials many years later, not by Prophet Isa AS. When my grandparents put up their Christmas tree with homemade ornaments the day before Christmas, it was a family thing to honor Christ, to say he is alive, just like this evergreen tree. However, they forgot that the tree was not alive because it was chopped down with an axe! My parents put up a Christmas tree the Saturday before Christmas, because it was easy to do it on the weekend, when they did not work. The ornaments were store bought and had no significance other than being pretty. The businesses in our town were making a lot of money on trees and ornaments and all the trimmings, including Christmas cookies, pies, cakes, oranges and apples, nuts and nut crackers. Christmas has become a business, including Christmas cards, wall decorations, strands of lights, tablecloths and napkins, etc.

Ok, I got off topic with the Christmas thoughts. Easter is not something that Muslims would believe in, so they would not participate in Easter celebrations. Easter is the time of year when Christians celebrate the story of Christ's crucifixion, rising from the dead, escaping the tomb, and his ascension to the Father. Muslims believe that Allah SWT protected Prophet Isa AS and moved him to a place of safety and he will return in the time of Imam Mahdi AJ. InshaAllah

Edited by hameedeh

Is Easter even a holiday? I kind of thought it was a little fun day for the kids with the chocolates and the bunnies. Verily chocolates and bunnies have nothing to do with Christ.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Aarash_Australia, the difference is that Islamic practices by the Holy Prophet SA or the Ahlul Bayt AS cannot be disregarded. They are based on history.

Celebrating Easter or Christmas is an invention by the pope and/or other religious officials many years later, not by Prophet Isa AS. When my grandparents put up their Christmas tree with homemade ornaments the day before Christmas, it was a family thing to honor Christ, to say he is alive, just like this evergreen tree. However, they forgot that the tree was not alive because it was chopped down with an axe! My parents put up a Christmas tree the Saturday before Christmas, because it was easy to do it on the weekend, when they did not work. The ornaments were store bought and had no significance other than being pretty. The businesses in our town were making a lot of money on trees and ornaments and all the trimmings, including Christmas cookies, pies, cakes, oranges and apples, nuts and nut crackers. Christmas has become a business, including Christmas cards, wall decorations, strands of lights, tablecloths and napkins, etc.

Ok, I got off topic with the Christmas thoughts. Easter is not something that Muslims would believe in, so they would not participate in Easter celebrations. Easter is the time of year when Christians celebrate the story of Christ's crucifixion, rising from the dead, escaping the tomb, and his ascension to the Father. Muslims believe that Allah SWT protected Prophet Isa AS and moved him to a place of safety and he will return in the time of Imam Mahdi AJ. InshaAllah

Not true at all. Hadith and Sunnah are not "history".

They are based on tradition and faith - as all religious practices are.

Whether religious beliefs, rituals, or other practices are "invented" by Popes or Grand Ayatollahs - they are still items of faith.

You ought to remember that before you ridicule others' religious beliefs.

Not true at all. Hadith and Sunnah are not "history".

(bismillah)

(salam)

Huh? Hadith and Sunnah are historical records, historical facts, written down. Narrations.

Whether religious beliefs, rituals, or other practices are "invented" by Popes or Grand Ayatollahs - they are still items of faith.

You ought to remember that before you ridicule others' religious beliefs.

I was a Christian, so I know about it, and my discussing it does not mean I ridicule it. I have relatives who are Christian. There are two ministers in my family.

How ridiculous that you try to give me advice about ridiculing others, when you ridiculed the Morman religion, among others, from the time when you entered ShiaChat.

http://www.shiachat....ost__p__2277200

(bismillah)

(salam)

Huh? Hadith and Sunnah are historical records, historical facts, written down. Narrations.

I was a Christian, so I know about it, and my discussing it does not mean I ridicule it. I have relatives who are Christian. There are two ministers in my family.

How ridiculous that you try to give me advice about ridiculing others, when you ridiculed the Morman religion, among others, from the time when you entered ShiaChat.

http://www.shiachat....ost__p__2277200

Hadith and Sunnah are artefacts from history, yes, they are not history themselves. If they were, obviously then there would be no dispute and disagreement between Sunni and Shia about which collections are reliable.

I am not ridiculing the "Morman" [sic] religion there. Criticism and ridicule are not synonymous.

You said "Celebrating Easter or Christmas is an invention by the pope" which, of course, is an impolite way to phrase it - aside from simply not being true. Easter was celebrated before the Roman Catholic Church even had a Pope - so no, you don't know what you are talking about.

soz.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Aarash_Australia, if you look at the quote that I posted earlier, it was written that Christmas and Easter beliefs and practices came into Christianity "in a vote by church authorities or papal decree." That is what I was saying and at least I gave a source for what I said. If you didn't like the word invention, then sorry. Just consider it as criticism and not ridicule.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Aarash_Australia, if you look at the quote that I posted earlier, it was written that Christmas and Easter beliefs and practices came into Christianity "in a vote by church authorities or papal decree." That is what I was saying and at least I gave a source for what I said. If you didn't like the word invention, then sorry. Just consider it as criticism and not ridicule.

Well it's not true. Christians were celebrating "Easter" - according to writings at least as reliable as the Hadith, actually more so considering the language and context - by at least the 2nd century. Long before there was any single church authority or papacy.

Well it's not true. Christians were celebrating "Easter" - according to writings at least as reliable as the Hadith, actually more so considering the language and context - by at least the 2nd century. Long before there was any single church authority or papacy.

(bismillah)

(salam)

The Council of Nicea was about the time I would suggest. I'm too tired to google it. You can if you want.

If there was no church authority or papacy, how would you know that Easter or Christmas was being celebrated?

(bismillah)

(salam)

The Council of Nicea was about the time I would suggest. I'm too tired to google it. You can if you want.

"Nicea" [sic]?

LOL.

Long before that my dear: http://www.kerux.com/documents/KeruxV4N1A1.asp

2nd century.

And that's just extant manuscripts. Probably much earlier.

"Nicea" [sic]?

LOL.

Long before that my dear: http://www.kerux.com...KeruxV4N1A1.asp

2nd century.

And that's just extant manuscripts. Probably much earlier.

(bismillah)

(salam)

There is nothing on that page about Easter or Christmas. What was your point?

(bismillah)

(salam)

There is nothing on that page about Easter or Christmas. What was your point?

Paschal is Easter.

here to help.

(the Roman Pope Saint Victor I apparently also argued over the commemoration of Easter. And he was Pope from 189 to 199 AD. )

Edited by Aarash_Australia

Since easter is right around the corner, I think it is important to start a forum. If someone asks me, why dont you celebrate easter, how should i respond?

thank you

We Do Not b/c easter celebrates the resurrection story of Xian doctrine as formed in the early Fourth Century(C.C.)

The Quran reveals that Isa(as) was NOT "crucified, dead, buried, and rose on the third day".

Paschal is Easter.

here to help.

(the Roman Pope Saint Victor I apparently also argued over the commemoration of Easter. And he was Pope from 189 to 199 AD. )

(bismillah)

(salam)

The word Paschal is not on that page either.

It's fascinating to me what lengths you will go to - on two separate threads - to avoid admitting you are wrong....

(bismillah)

(salam)

Are you still asking me? What about Paschal you mentioned on that page?

Maybe you are mistaken. At least I did not laugh at you when you misspelled something.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Are you still asking me? What about Paschal you mentioned on that page?

Maybe you are mistaken. At least I did not laugh at you when you misspelled something.

Asking you what?

Paschal is mentioned on that page - have you read it?

Are you still maintaining that Easter came about because of an invention of a Pope around the time of Nicaea? (325 AD)?

Yes/No.

Edited by Aarash_Australia

Paschal is mentioned on that page - have you read it?

(bismillah)

(salam)

I could not find the word Paschal on that page. Please copy and paste the part about Paschal. Thank you.

Guest Inaya

161066.jpg

LOL, so cute <3

Chocolate is only good in chocolate milk, chocolate ice-cream, and chocolate cake (as long as it's not too sweet)

My parents hid some chocolate eggs in the garden for my little brother to search them. I gave myself a big facepalm when I found out that the eggs in the bowl we're actually from the 'Easter Bunny'. It was cute though :wub:

Because Jesus PBUH (I aways add that part when speaking to my christian friends) DID NOT die on the cross, and he has emphasised it many times in the bible.

You really need to watch 'Crucifixtion or Crucifiction' on Youtube by Sheikh Ahmed Deedat (May Allah bless his soul).

I was glued to youtube for the whole thing. Fascinating.