Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
nemesis

Armenia Voices Opposition To Use Of Force Against

Rate this topic

TEHRAN (FNA)- Armenia's Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian renewed his country's opposition to the use of force against Iran over its nuclear program, and reiterated that negotiation is the best means to resolve Iran's nuclear issue.

A0597166.jpg

"Yerevan has time and again emphasized [the] need for solving Iran's nuclear issue through dialogue at [the] international society," Nalbandian said at a joint press conference with his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov on Monday.

"Our position remains unchanged. Iran is our neighbor country, and we are interested in excluding the use of force or ways other than negotiations for the settlement of the issue," he added.

In March, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announced Tehran's permanent preparedness to hold negotiations with the West under an atmosphere of logic.

"If you have any logical words, come and say," Ahmadinejad said, and continued, "The Iranian nation accepts logical words but if you bring hundreds of other warships (to the region), these people will not bow before you."

Despite the rules enshrined in the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) entitling every member state, including Iran, to the right of uranium enrichment, Tehran is now under four rounds of UN Security Council sanctions for turning down West's calls to give up its right of uranium enrichment.

Tehran has dismissed West's demands as politically tainted and illogical, stressing that sanctions and pressures merely consolidate Iranians' national resolve to continue the path.

Political observers believe that the United States has remained at loggerheads with Iran mainly over the independent and home-grown nature of Tehran's nuclear technology, which gives the Islamic Republic the potential to turn into a world power and a role model for the other third-world countries.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9101140108

Sad how Armenia is a more reliable ally than so-called Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia or Azerbaijan. I am especially critical of the latter given that they are even letting Israel make bases on their own land to attack Iran.

Two thumbs up to Yeravan, two thumbs down to Baku.

Armenia isn't an ally.

Allies are countries like North Korea, that were there for Iran during times of need.

We have relations with Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia. But that's just about it.

Armenia isn't an ally.

Allies are countries like North Korea, that were there for Iran during times of need.

We have relations with Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia. But that's just about it.

It depends on what you define "ally" as. Armenia has not shown any ill intentions towards Iran. They actually rely on Iran for trade and economic reasons. Meanwhile, Azerbaijan is being used by the USA and Israel solely for the purpose of attacking Iran. Azerbaijan has Israeli and American spies and political/military cooperation aimed at attacking Iran. Not just spies but their aggressive behaviour is openly supported by the Israeli and US governments. With also major anti-Iranian propaganda funded by the US and Israel too.

I wouldn't be surprised also that the Baku gov. arrested 22 political dissidents and labeled them as "Iranian spies", as typically that's what they do with religious shia mulims azeris. A charade to appease the Israelis as well, (anybody from that region knows that if Iran wanted to do a covert attack it can do so easily).

ws

It depends on what you define "ally" as. Armenia has not shown any ill intentions towards Iran. They actually rely on Iran for trade and economic reasons. Meanwhile, Azerbaijan is being used by the USA and Israel solely for the purpose of attacking Iran. Azerbaijan has Israeli and American spies and political/military cooperation aimed at attacking Iran. Not just spies but their aggressive behaviour is openly supported by the Israeli and US governments. With also major anti-Iranian propaganda funded by the US and Israel too.

I wouldn't be surprised also that the Baku gov. arrested 22 political dissidents and labeled them as "Iranian spies", as typically that's what they do with religious shia mulims azeris. A charade to appease the Israelis as well, (anybody from that region knows that if Iran wanted to do a covert attack it can do so easily).

ws

In addition to this, there is often the rhetoric made against Iran that it supported Armenia during its war with Azerbaijan. Yes that is true, but no arms were sold. And the reason for the overall support was interesting. Iran tried very hard to establish economic and political ties with Azerbaijan when it first separated from the Soviet Union in the early 90s. Ali Akbar Velayati was even sent there to sign all the agreements. However, it was that lame panturkist idiot president of theirs Abulfazl Elchebay who went around like a nut calling for Iran's downfall (in Turkey) and wanting Iranian Azerbaijan to separate and become part of Northern Azerbaijan (the funny thing is that their gov clamps down on Talysh and Lezgin separatist movements while supporting separatist azeri groups in Iran). Iran at this point was thus forced to support Armenia in this war whom btw have so far been more honorable than these panturkist, russian-infatuated alcoholics.

Edited by Hannibal

As a Iranian Armenian , i consider Iran as my ancestral land and people as much as Armenia , we are both brothers and sisters both from the indo European bloodline and both a common enemy religion does not mean anything to me when your own family is being threatened.

Long live Armenia and Islamic republic of Iran

YAH Hussein, we will fend the oppressed.

N

Sad how Armenia is a more reliable ally than so-called Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia or Azerbaijan. I am especially critical of the latter given that they are even letting Israel make bases on their own land to attack Iran.

Two thumbs up to Yeravan, two thumbs down to Baku.

actually i think Azerbaijan denied that it helped israel, but you cant be too sure.

Yes, Armenia is a real Ally to Iran. and they both are getting blocked in economically by other countries) I think Georgia, Azerbaijan, And Turkey have sanctions on Armenia.

I don't like the Aliyevs nor that idiot Elchibey.

But as far as I know I think in 2002-2003ish, the current Aliyev mentioned if Iran was invaded, they would refuse to lay a single finger on Iran.

It would be retarded and wouldn't make sense since both countries have economic relations.

Turkey circa CHP era said it would threaten to invade Iran, but once the CHP power fell and the AKP took over, things have looked positive over there ever since. Erdogan and company have mentioned a war on Iran is crazy.

I don't like the Aliyevs nor that idiot Elchibey.

But as far as I know I think in 2002-2003ish, the current Aliyev mentioned if Iran was invaded, they would refuse to lay a single finger on Iran.

It would be retarded and wouldn't make sense since both countries have economic relations.

Turkey circa CHP era said it would threaten to invade Iran, but once the CHP power fell and the AKP took over, things have looked positive over there ever since. Erdogan and company have mentioned a war on Iran is crazy.

That's just rhetoric coming from Baku. They've already agreed to give Israel air bases to use against Iran. Haaretz is even confirming this.

Armenia is Indeed a Great Ally of The Islamic Republic of Iran Iranians and Armenians are Brothers and Sisters to each other as they both belong to The family of Greater Iran and have common interests and a future together Long Live Armenian Iranian Friendship and Unity

As a Iranian Armenian , i consider Iran as my ancestral land and people as much as Armenia , we are both brothers and sisters both from the indo European bloodline and both a common enemy religion does not mean anything to me when your own family is being threatened.

Long live Armenia and Islamic republic of Iran

YAH Hussein, we will fend the oppressed.

N

Turkey and Azerbaijan are awaiting Sultan Abdul Hamid the Third, then what will hapoen to Armenia.

(bismillah)

I hope the day doesn’t come.... for them because this time Armenia is waiting we are not the caged up birds in the Sultans house. This time the Lion is waiting to tear the head of the wolf.

Inshallah the Arabic and Muslim brother’s sisters will not see this as an aggression on Islam but rather the liberation of an oppressed nation who till this day survives with blockades from both sides. This time the Pan Turkish ideology will be wiped of the from history books.

May God always shower Iran and Syria with the wealth of his divine light for assisting the Armenian Christian from total annihilation through the late and early history?

N

(bismillah)

I hope the day doesn’t come.... for them because this time Armenia is waiting we are not the caged up birds in the Sultans house. This time the Lion is waiting to tear the head of the wolf.

Inshallah the Arabic and Muslim brother’s sisters will not see this as an aggression on Islam but rather the liberation of an oppressed nation who till this day survives with blockades from both sides. This time the Pan Turkish ideology will be wiped of the from history books.

May God always shower Iran and Syria with the wealth of his divine light for assisting the Armenian Christian from total annihilation through the late and early history?

N

I basically think your people are opportunistic, and yes I think you are Islamophobic. Otherwise you wouldn't have massacred all those Azeris in 1991. You were arrogant when you were in Turkey and it was not just Turks who attacked you.

Look at the list of people who have attacked your people -

1. Turkish Sunnis ( both religious and nationalist)

2. Azeri Shias ( both religious and nationalist)

3. Kurdish Sunnis ( both religious and nationalist).

4. Georgian and Vainakh nationalists..

Now look at the people who have embraced your people -

1. Iranians (of all hues and colors)

2. Syrian Alawites, other Christians, and some secular Sunni Arabs

3. Lebanese non-Sunnis

4. radical Kurdish PKK terrorists.

5. Russians ( both nationalists, Tsarists, and Communist soviets)

6. Kurdish Yezidiye and Shabak ( basically non-Sunni Kurds)

So get my point ? Your people have been getting into fights with too many people.

Btw Turkey and Azerbaijan won't disappear, and the expected pro-Iranian regime in Azerbaijan will not come any time soon.....you had high hopes when the Islamists came to power in Turkey (AKP) but now even that hope is dashed (thanks to Syria)

I basically think your people are opportunistic, and yes I think you are Islamophobic. Otherwise you wouldn't have massacred all those Azeris in 1991. You were arrogant when you were in Turkey and it was not just Turks who attacked you.

3. Lebanese non-Sunnis

So get my point ? Your people have been getting into fights with too many people.

Btw Turkey and Azerbaijan won't disappear, and the expected pro-Iranian regime in Azerbaijan will not come any time soon.....you had high hopes when the Islamists came to power in Turkey (AKP) but now even that hope is dashed (thanks to Syria)

Says the Arab! LOL! :lol:

You are - together with the Turks - the most hated people on the planet! :lol:

Armenians have become upstanding members of the community, in whatever country they've been forced to migrate to (France, US, Australia, Iran, Iraq, et al)

Edited by Aarash_Australia

I basically think your people are opportunistic, and yes I think you are Islamophobic.

It doesn't look like you know much about Armenians...Have you ever met an Armenian? If you ever do, maybe ask them about millions of their victims OF YOUR KIND OF NATIONALISM. But of course, you will never admit the results of your kind of deliberate hate-mongering.

3. Lebanese non-Sunnis

(bismillah)

I pray and forgive you .

Inshallah the compassion of Hussein and Jesus (PBUT) will guide you to the truth .

Long Live Armenia and the Armenian people for the struggles and bloodshed they have endured for centuries, and may GOD guide those who want to end this civilization.

N

(salam)

In addition to this, there is often the rhetoric made against Iran that it supported Armenia during its war with Azerbaijan. Yes that is true, but no arms were sold. And the reason for the overall support was interesting. Iran tried very hard to establish economic and political ties with Azerbaijan when it first separated from the Soviet Union in the early 90s. Ali Akbar Velayati was even sent there to sign all the agreements. However, it was that lame panturkist idiot president of theirs Abulfazl Elchebay who went around like a nut calling for Iran's downfall (in Turkey) and wanting Iranian Azerbaijan to separate and become part of Northern Azerbaijan (the funny thing is that their gov clamps down on Talysh and Lezgin separatist movements while supporting separatist azeri groups in Iran). Iran at this point was thus forced to support Armenia in this war whom btw have so far been more honorable than these panturkist, russian-infatuated alcoholics.

It's actually interesting to note that Iran was one of the first (if not the first) countries to recognize Azerbaijan, set up an embassy and establish relations. It's also ironic that Elchibey (a racist) himself wanted the break up of Iran but he was against the break-up of his own country along ethnic lines saying that Talysh, Tats, Lezgins, Georgians etc. should live together with Azeris. "Except" the Armenians of course.

This is what happens when you have the Russians/Soviets invade the land and draw up their own political boundaries. Armenians and Azeris used to live together and in peace, but their war after the soviets left was a racist/ethnic war and had nothing to do with religion. The Soviets drew up boundaries that didn't make sense overlapping armenians and azeris' villages to different sides. Actually they did this on purpose -but that's another story.

Iran actually helped Nakhchivan and they pressured Armenia against offensives. Nobody cares to mention about that. But their war was a completely racist and baseless war to begin with and should have never happened. Both sides committed war crimes.

Right now Baku's policies are the same, Baku has politically institutionalized racist/prejudice polices. Not only against its own minorities but against neighbouring countries. That's why they have linked up with Israel and the US, currently Baku has a $1.6 billion dollar arms deal with Israel. They allow Israeli's to spy from there on Iran. The only reason they proclaim that they'll never let the USA use their soil to attack Iran is because they know they can't do such a thing ever. It would be political suicide for them.

ws

(wasalam)

I agree that Russia has its own intentions and yes Armenia has had a long relations with her , but i will say it again the bond between Iran and Armenia goes back centuries and is boundless .

Yes if it wasn’t for Soviet rule and splitting of the Historic lands of the Armenians then there would have been no war with our neighbour . But i will say it again Pan Turkish ideology will be the end of IRAN , and all the Arabic countries as you know it you will be ruled under another ottoman Government and let us not forget Arabs and alike were Kafirs and oppressed because they were not Turks .

My intentions are not to cause issues amongst ourselves my intentions are merely to show my love for my fatherland .

I hope that you will at least let me hold this dear to my heart .

And let me say this I don’t usually talk much about Armenia and my people but let it be known that we are warriors and we will fend our selves what ever means , our people will not be slaughters like dogs , our women and children will not be burnet to the stake , our fathers and brothers will not be decapitated , let me make myself very clear , my love for Iran is never ending but my Mother Armenia i will fight for with the intention of extermination .

Peace with you all

N

Edited by nemesis

(salam)

I agree that Russia has its own intentions and yes Armenia has had a long relations with her , but i will say it again the bond between Iran and Armenia goes back centuries and is boundless .

Yes if it wasn’t for Soviet rule and splitting of the Historic lands of the Armenians then there would have been no war with our neighbour . But i will say it again Pan Turkish ideology will be the end of IRAN , and all the Arabic countries as you know it you will be ruled under another ottoman Government and let us not forget Arabs and alike were Kafirs and oppressed because they were not Turks .

My intentions are not to cause issues amongst ourselves my intentions are merely to show my love for my fatherland .

I hope that you will at least let me hold this dear to my heart .

And let me say this I don’t usually talk much about Armenia and my people but let it be known that we are warriors and we will fend our selves what ever means , our people will not be slaughters like dogs , our women and children will not be burnet to the stake , our fathers and brothers will not be decapitated , let me make myself very clear , my love for Iran is never ending but my Mother Armenia i will fight for with the intention of extermination .

Peace with you all

No racist movement will ever work out in the long run. Even the pan turks themselves have conflicting and contradictory ideology. That's why it always fails. And many have abandoned it because nobody takes them seriously (even themselves), let alone the international community ignoring them. With respects to Iran, what you see these days is mostly a foreign propaganda campaign. But also there is a genuine home-based grievance, if you're talking about Iranian azeri's, they just want more rights and recognition BUT they don't want to change who they are. Which is what the foreigners are trying to imply, and by that I mean the sources and money mostly coming out of Baku and Turkey by ultra-nationalist racist groups. The Iranian azeris/azaris don't want to change who they are or their culture, they're still Iranian. Many are realizing how the Pan-turks are trying to hi-jack their causes, and how a lot of it is foreign based. That's why the vast majority do not support those racist groups. But if you're talking about the Arabs, I don't see how the Ottomans will come back to conquer them, it's just too impossible. Turkey cannot even afford to stick to it's ultra-nationalistic path for too long, as it's obvious the pan-turk ideology is contradictory, it alienates approximately 20 million Kurds there and just wont make sense.

On the topic of Armenia though, Armenia has been a good neighbour to Iran. It has always been peaceful and has been reasonable. Also, it hasn't tried to attack Iran politically or in any other ways. Armenians in Iran are also generally respected, and even get along very well with Iranian azeri's.

ws

3. Lebanese non-Sunnis

Higgins using your own logic, Arabs have attacked themselves too. And they embrace amongst their own allied groups, attack their other groups. So are they also islamophobic and opportunistic?

You write Lebanese -non sunnis and then some secular sunni arabs as people who embrace Armenians , are you trying to imply that sunni arabs hate Armenians? it doesn't make sense.

Brother Mujahid

It’s funny , i have many Azeri Iranian friends some of them closer than my own family , and that is why i point my finger at nationalism rather than religion , i think Armenian Christians under Islamic rule even under the ottoman rulers flourished and lived prosperous , Armenian were known as the " Loyal Millet ".

When the pan Turkish came and used Islam to massacre and destroy my ancestral land that is when every thing fell apart . i blame the Zionist for this that’s a whole different topic ;).

hope you understand i think you do .

Blessing to you bro.

N

Higgins is implying that Shiites, Christians, Greeks, Kurds, and other groups have relations with Armenians while I'm assuming "religious" (conservative) Sunni populations hate Armenians???

His statement actually doesn't make sense because there are lots of Armenians in Egypt, those guys are Sunni Muslims and have good relations with them as well as a few other Sunni countries I'm sure, and during the religious invasion of Iran when Iran was a Zoroastrian state, Armenians, Jews, and Christians and other groups, helped Sunni Arabs, take over Iran and put an effective end to the Zoroastrian influenced country.

Higgins is implying that Shiites, Christians, Greeks, Kurds, and other groups have relations with Armenians while I'm assuming "religious" (conservative) Sunni populations hate Armenians???

His statement actually doesn't make sense because there are lots of Armenians in Egypt, those guys are Sunni Muslims and have good relations with them as well as a few other Sunni countries I'm sure, and during the religious invasion of Iran when Iran was a Zoroastrian state, Armenians, Jews, and Christians and other groups, helped Sunni Arabs, take over Iran and put an effective end to the Zoroastrian influenced country.

What I meant to say waas it wasn;t just Turks who attacked the Armenians, infact in recent history it has been Kurdish and Azeri nationalists who have done so.

Salom ShiaBen

Armenians assimilate well with their host countries, be it under Shia or Sunni rule we do not cause trouble we work Owen business and make great Soojook and basturma.

No seriously, Armenians actually celebrate the same traditions as the Iranians Zoroastrians; we were also once Zoroastrians just like Iran. You imply that Armenians help Sunnis? Actually Armenian Fedayee (freedom fighters) trained in the same camps as Hezbollah and are also sympathetic to them also. So your assumptions I don’t think is correct.

N

Btw Nemesis how did a small country like Armenia give a crishing defeat to Azerbaijan, who had all the Soviet Scud and Grad missiles at their disposal ?

Also what do you think of Azeri ex-Communists like Aliyev ?

Salom professor Higgins

Actually Azeri’s had mercenaries and arms from, Turkey , Afghanistan (US) , Israel , Chechnya . i wouldn’t say it was a crushing defeat both lost so many lives .

Most Azeri politicians and politicians in general are corrupt and do not serve the people especially in the caucuses. Inshallah we will once more become friends.