Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  

Rate this topic

Salam,

Until today, I had been told Hazrat Ali Asghar (a.s) was a 6 month old baby on the day of Ashura. However, today I heard a lecture by Sayed Ammar Nakshawani who claims Hazrat Ali Asghar (a.s) was actually either 7 or 12 years old.

listen from 32 minutes onwards...

Has anyone else heard this?

yes i ve also watched that video of sayed ammar nakshawani

heard him sayinh that the 6 month old child at karbala wasnt hazrath ali asghar (as) but his name was different

but 1 thing is for sure there was a 6 month old son of imam al hussain (as) martyed at karbala on ashoora

Why has no-one else picked up on this? I have been to so many lectures during muharram and not one of the lecturers has mentioned this. They all say Hazrat Ali Asghar (a.s) is a 6 month old baby? Is it only Sayed Ammar Nakshawani who mentions this? I can’t find this anywhere else on the internet either.

Why has no-one else picked up on this? I have been to so many lectures during muharram and not one of the lecturers has mentioned this. They all say Hazrat Ali Asghar (a.s) is a 6 month old baby? Is it only Sayed Ammar Nakshawani who mentions this? I can’t find this anywhere else on the internet either.

yes

i too heard this from sayed ammar nakshawani only

not from any one else

yes

i too heard this from sayed ammar nakshawani only

not from any one else

I have also heard Sayed Hossein al-Qazwini call him Abdullah ar-Radhi' instead of Ali Asghar, I think some historians mention hes name was Abdullah ar-Radhi' and others mention his name was Ali Asghar

Regardless of his name, there definitely was a 6 month old baby on the 10th of Muharram

So is it safe to say that Hazrat Ali Asghar (a.s) was 6 months old? Until maybe other lecturers start saying otherwise as well?

The fact that there is a difference of opinion means that I guess some lecturers will say stick with saying Ali Asghar whilst others will say Abdullah ar-Radhi'

Salaam.

Abdullah ibn Husayn also known as Ali-Asghar (as), the youngest son of Imam Husayn (as) and only son of Hadrah Rabaab (sa), he was at a suckling age when he was martyred ie 0 - 2 years.

However he was most likely 9 months old or abit more, but having starved for over 3 days he lost weight so rapidly that he looked like a 6 month old baby. Rabaab also having been starved like the rest had become dehydrated so her breastmilk had dried up thus unable to suckle her infant anymore. However during this time it is said that Rabaab was about 2 months pregnant thus Ali-Asghar must have been over 7-8 months old as a bare minimum as breastfeeding mothers are unlikely to conceive before their baby is atleast 6-7 months old or more. So by her expecting it in itself proves that Ali-Asghar must have been atleast 8-9 months old or maybe even more but certainly no less than that.

(salam),

According to Shaykh Mufid (rh) Imam Husain (a) had six children:

· (Imam) Ali al Akbar (the elder Ali) (Zainul Abedeen), whose agnomen was Abul Hasan and his mother was Shahezanan, the daughter of Khusroe Yazdjurd.

· Ali al Asghar (the younger Ali) (popularly referred to as Ali al Akbar), who was martyred at Karbala along with his father and regarding whom we have discussed earlier. His mother was Layla, the daughter of Abi Murrah bin Urwah bin Mas'ood Saqafi.

· Ja'far, he did not have any progeny and his mother was from the tribe of Bani Quza'ah. He died during the lifetime of Imam Husayn (a.s.).

· Abdullah (popularly referred to as Ali al Asghar), who was martyred in his infancy along with his father. He lay in his father's lap when an arrow came and pierced his neck and he was martyred, while we have quoted regarding him earlier.

· Sakinah, whose mother was Rabab, the daughter of Imru' al Qays bin Adi Kalbi. She was also the mother of Abdullah bin Husayn.

· Fatemah, whose mother was Umme Ishaq, the daughter of Talha bin Ubaydullah.

(salam),

According to Shaykh Mufid (rh) Imam Husain (a) had six children:

· (Imam) Ali al Akbar (the elder Ali) (Zainul Abedeen), whose agnomen was Abul Hasan and his mother was Shahezanan, the daughter of Khusroe Yazdjurd.

· Ali al Asghar (the younger Ali) (popularly referred to as Ali al Akbar), who was martyred at Karbala along with his father and regarding whom we have discussed earlier. His mother was Layla, the daughter of Abi Murrah bin Urwah bin Mas'ood Saqafi.

· Ja'far, he did not have any progeny and his mother was from the tribe of Bani Quza'ah. He died during the lifetime of Imam Husayn (a.s.).

· Abdullah (popularly referred to as Ali al Asghar), who was martyred in his infancy along with his father. He lay in his father's lap when an arrow came and pierced his neck and he was martyred, while we have quoted regarding him earlier.

· Sakinah, whose mother was Rabab, the daughter of Imru' al Qays bin Adi Kalbi. She was also the mother of Abdullah bin Husayn.

· Fatemah, whose mother was Umme Ishaq, the daughter of Talha bin Ubaydullah.

I thought Ali akbar died on the battlefield of Karballa and another son of Imam Hussein was too sick to battle and he was the Imam.....