Sign in to follow this  
curiousshia758

Just After Marriage

Rate this topic

Salaams All,

I am just about to get married and a thought crossed my mind

How long after the wedding day is it acceptable to make love with your wife? Many people will say, 'your sex life should be based on love'. And I agree, it should be

But, what if I'm ready to on the wedding night but my wife isn't? I would ask her, but, I'm scared that she'll think I'm some sex-driven pervert for even thinking of making love on the first night,

Help please!!!

Salaams All,

I am just about to get married and a thought crossed my mind

How long after the wedding day is it acceptable to make love with your wife? Many people will say, 'your sex life should be based on love'. And I agree, it should be

But, what if I'm ready to on the wedding night but my wife isn't? I would ask her, but, I'm scared that she'll think I'm some sex-driven pervert for even thinking of making love on the first night,

Help please!!!

aswrwb

Just take it easy. You don't need to set yourself an objective of making love on the first night. It is acceptable to make love as soon as you are married as long as you do it somewhere private (i.e. leave the wedding venue). She will be your wife after the marriage ceremony, you can do whatever you like together.

I guess it depends on how much you know her and if you think she wants what you want.

There are no rules on this. You can wait until both of you are more familiar with each other.

There is nothing wrong with making love on the same day you got married with your wife.

Edited by Gypsy

aswrwb

Just take it easy. You don't need to set yourself an objective of making love on the first night. It is acceptable to make love as soon as you are married as long as you do it somewhere private (i.e. leave the wedding venue). She will be your wife after the marriage ceremony, you can do whatever you like together.

I guess it depends on how much you know her and if you think she wants what you want.

Is there a restriction in Islam about how many times you and your wife make love?

You are curious arent you. I hope you are as curious in other Islamic matter too :)

Not that I know of, as long as you both agree. Check with a Marja who is an expert in Jurisprudence if you feel there may be a restriction.

Obviously if you feel it is causing harm to any party then you should review if it is appropriate.

To the O.P

Obviously, you'll instinctively know when it's the right time. It's a domino effect. One thing leads to another naturally. If you want to do it on the wedding night then discuss it with her. If you can't discuss it with her, then you quite clearly weren't ready for marriage in the long haul, were you?