Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Christianlady

Why Most Christian Ladies Do Not Wear Hijab

Rate this topic

Since the 70's you haven't been allowed to speak out on your own and oppose what Satan has endorsed.

I might inform you that I do keep doing my bit - at least some anyway - occasionally in my letters to various periodicals etc. 

My letters on this topic have never been published though some others have been.

Even if they were, your words will have effect depending on who you are - not what you say.

If the President or Prime Minister of a country says the same thing, the effect will be far greater.

Nobody is going to listen to another nobody.

Normally I hear that if someone is obviously doing wrong you can pass judgement and have a right to intercede.

Please don't rely on hearsay. 

Imam Ali, the second, eldest son of Imam Hussain, more famously known as Imam Zainul Abedin, says as follows:-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Do not speak evil of others.

If someone is older than you,  he has quite possibly amassed more credit (good deeds) than you have.

If he is younger than you,  he could just as well have less evil in his account.

And if he is about your age, while you do know your own bad deeds, you are not aware of his.' 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imam Zainul Abedin was the only surviving male member of the massacre of the Prophet's family at Karbala in 61 AH. 

Along with the ladies and children, he was shackled and taken prisoner first to Kufa and then to the caliph in Damascus, where the entire group was in incarceration for some time. 

Islam forbids judgment but that does not undo the execution of a penal code.

if you commit a forbidden act and are unlucky enough to be caught, the long arm of the law could set in.

Squealing is also forbidden. If I know of someone's weaknesses, I am not expected to bring it to light, unless it is causing harm or injustice to someone. This is what the Quran has to say in the matter.

[49:11] Believers, let not men laugh (other) men to scorn who haply may be better than themselves. Neither let women laugh (other) women to scorn who may haply be better than themselves! Neither defame one another, nor call one another by nicknames  (offensive names). Bad is it to be called wicked after having professed the faith: and whoso repent not of this are doers of wrong.

[49:12] Believers, avoid frequent suspicions, for some suspicions are sin, and do not pry. Neither let the one of you traduce another in his absence. Would any one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Surely you would loathe it. And fear God, for God is ready to turn, Merciful.

Edited by PeaceLoving

I think the reason most Christian ladies do not wear headcoverings is that it just got lost over time. The more you read and study however you begin to realize that maybe we indeed should be. More Christians are starting to consider headcoverings for worship. Particularly young Christian women are wearing Chapel Veils covering their head during mass. During an event for World Hijab Day this past February I mustered up all my courage and tried a hijab for the day! Wearing a headcovering is an enlightening experience, and perhaps will be seen more in the future.

i just want to know 1 thing

maraym (mary) mother of nabi isa (jesus) http://www.shiachat.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/as.gif wore a hijab then why dont christians follow that?

also nabi isa http://www.shiachat.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/as.gif had a beard - why dont christians grow beards?

salams

Why don't you go around wearing white robes and sandals like your Prophet?

Flawed Logic.

And Christianlady, St Paul's teaching or any other Apostle's teaching IS Jesus' teaching!

Edited by shreek

The Scripture requires modesty and does not specifically require head covering at all times. 

1 Timothy 2:9

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

1 Peter 3:3-4(KJV)

Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

It has, however, been a tradition among branches of Christianity in the past and some women still do. It actually remains an issue of discussion and a practice often determined by region.

Edited by iere

You have presented a good question, Why don't most Christian ladies wear hijab?

Not all Muslim ladies wear headcovering. Not all Jewish ladies wear headcovering. Not all Christian ladies wear headcoviner... but some do from each faith.

Why do they? Why don't they?

Part of the answer is custom. Think of the saying "When in Rome, do as the Romans do". What do you see others doing when you walk into a Mosque, Synagogue, or church?

For me personally, why I never wore a hijab was because no one else did that I knew. My mother never suggested it to me. Since it was never presented as an option, I never tried.

This past February I did actually try wearing a hijab for the first time, and was able to make judgements and form opinions firsthand. And this may surprise you, but I enjoyed wearing it!

On 7/2/2015 at 1:50 PM, iowa_farmgirl_20 said:

I think the reason most Christian ladies do not wear headcoverings is that it just got lost over time. The more you read and study however you begin to realize that maybe we indeed should be. More Christians are starting to consider headcoverings for worship. Particularly young Christian women are wearing Chapel Veils covering their head during mass. During an event for World Hijab Day this past February I mustered up all my courage and tried a hijab for the day! Wearing a headcovering is an enlightening experience, and perhaps will be seen more in the future.

I think you are correct.

Veil was very norman in Sweden only 100 years ago. A practical protection of the hair against dirt, lies and insects. Not really nessesary today but still in use as part of folk costumes on special occasions. Who knows, it may become fashionable as we are seeing some beautiful muslim girls wearing it.

On 31/03/2012 at 6:33 AM, md. ammar ali said:

i just want to know 1 thing

maraym (mary) mother of nabi isa (jesus) (as) wore a hijab then why dont christians follow that?

also nabi isa (as) had a beard - why dont christians grow beards?

salams

because it was the (dress) custom of the time.

Jesus also worse robes and sandals should we also wear Robes and Sandals instead of shoes and trousers / shirts? of course not.

1 Corinthians (11:5-6) - But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. 

That verse that 'Christianlady' used is answered in verse 15. Catholic nuns wore veils before muslim women did, and their are still a few protestant churches who pray with their hands on their head, but the bible states that the hair itself is the covering.

1 Corinthians 11:15 - But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. 

The most a Christian has for a dress code is to look modest in front of people like not too revealing clothes that may tempt lust, no sagging, males shouldn't really have long hair, piercings or tattoos, and you can mix fabrics unlike the sabbath. Doesn't necessarily mean it is a sin but it's just not recommended. People at the end of the day will do what they want.

In cold climates people cover the entire body except for their faces. In hot climate people are almost naked. Better adapt to local customes than to dresscodes in the Quran or Bible. They too are local customes, from a distant time.

This is the text from the Lord's prayer:

"Pray then like this: 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.'"

Temptation seems to be a big enough issue as to make it into the Lord's prayer. Something that Muslims would agree with.

However, we also recognise that we have some agency in the extent to which we are exposed to temptation and it is up to us to control that.