Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ace Abbas

Shia/sunni Dialogue Is Dying

Rate this topic

(salam)

Yeah, Shia/Sunni Dialogue is dying. There are no more Sunnis here except for me and Ayubi786. To tell you the truth, I find it's somehow pointless to be here.

Firstly, we do listen to each other but we DON'T ACCEPT each others' viewpoints.

Secondly, people tend to fight rather than discussing and debating nicely.

Thirdly, after being for 10 months on ShiaChat, there is only one person who told me that he has finally converted to Sunni back after being a Shi'i for a certain time period :cry: (but still, al-hamdu lillah).

Fourth, I'm about to retire already. Maybe Ayubi786 will take over my place. Or maybe there will be a new Sunni expert like Abdaal (gosh, I miss him).

What do we have to do to reduce fighting? And to respect each other?

Well take a leaf from my book (or thread), I conveyed my honest observations and opinions relating to both sects, even though technically I'm Sunni, yet given my research have since done a bit of a U-turn in regards to the whole succession issue:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/234999824-musings-of-a-sunni/

It seemed like a respectable dialogue to me. But then I did concede that Ali r.a was the rightful sucessor. :donno:

Well take a leaf from my book (or thread), I conveyed my honest observations and opinions relating to both sects, even though technically I'm Sunni, yet given my research have since done a bit of a U-turn in regards to the whole succession issue:

http://www.shiachat....ngs-of-a-sunni/

It seemed like a respectable dialogue to me. But then I did concede that Ali r.a was the rightful sucessor. :donno:

For once, I thought you were a Shiite.

brother Ace Abbas the shia suuni dioulge is a place where to debate its impossible to not find fighting in a debate because poeple tend to get deffensive i honestly i learned from this dioulge not to curse the sahbah i just think to myself Allah will judge them on their actions.

And this is supposed to be a good thing? You do realize from our viewpoint such a person has just bought himself a ticket to Hell unless he repents. If your interest in being here is to have Shi`a convert to misguidance, I'd like to show you the door myself.

So, you believe that all of us (I mean, the Sunnis) will go to Hellfire?

The fact you'd call that snake an "expert" demonstrates the level of your knowledge.

He was a good guy.

Sunni Shia dialogues between educated community are not dying but yes ofcourse people like ayubi786 and few others of his kind do not deserve any reply. We cannot fight or debate to prove that fool is really a fool.

if you are here to change shias opinions abt their religion and guide them to convert to sunni, then I should tell u that : Kiddo! go back to your home

I didn't do anything to him. He was the one who suddenly said that he's converting to Sunni back.

Agreed...!!

Who are you?

(salam)

Yeah, Shia/Sunni Dialogue is dying. There are no more Sunnis here except for me and Ayubi786. To tell you the truth, I find it's somehow pointless to be here.

Firstly, we do listen to each other but we DON'T ACCEPT each others' viewpoints.

Secondly, people tend to fight rather than discussing and debating nicely.

Thirdly, after being for 10 months on ShiaChat, there is only one person who told me that he has finally converted to Sunni back after being a Shi'i for a certain time period :cry: (but still, al-hamdu lillah).

Fourth, I'm about to retire already. Maybe Ayubi786 will take over my place. Or maybe there will be a new Sunni expert like Abdaal (gosh, I miss him).

u want more sunni brothers to be back?

bother i always lived wd sunnis i have only one shia friend. few used to tease me.

knowing shiism or sunnism does not makes u closer to god. so we shd not argue to convert someone, but we should try to guide them(if we think someone is goin wrong) and pray sincerely for there guidance. so by accepting what our sunni brothers says cannot surely bring us closer to god, we definitely have to be righteous(chaste,humane) first then Allah will definitely listen to sunni brother's prayers and there will be more converts.

so please dont leave, if its not about time.

u want more sunni brothers to be back?

bother i always lived wd sunnis i have only one shia friend. few used to tease me.

knowing shiism or sunnism does not makes u closer to god. so we shd not argue to convert someone, but we should try to guide them(if we think someone is goin wrong) and pray sincerely for there guidance. so by accepting what our sunni brothers says cannot surely bring us closer to god, we definitely have to be righteous(chaste,humane) first then Allah will definitely listen to sunni brother's prayers and there will be more converts.

so please dont leave, if its not about time.

I didn't convert that guy. He was the one who came to me and told me that he's now a Sunni.

I didn't do anything to him. He was the one who suddenly said that he's converting to Sunni back.

if you didn't do any thing then why u r happy abt it? what is the meaning of "but still, al-hamdu lillah"?

listen, earlier I suggested you to stay in SC but in that time I didn't know your intention. I take back my word.

I didn't convert that guy. He was the one who came to me and told me that he's now a Sunni.

i dint say that u've converted him. he might have met shias like me.(lol)

or he might have received guidance from god.(may god bless him and u as well). and me toooooooo.

if you didn't do any thing then why u r happy abt it? what is the meaning of "but still, al-hamdu lillah"?

listen, earlier I suggested you to stay in SC but in that time I didn't know your intention. I take back my word.

Because you didn't know me. See, people who hate me tend to increase day by day.

i dint say that u've converted him. he might have met shias like me.(lol)

or he might have received guidance from god.(may god bless him and u as well). and me toooooooo.

You seem to be a nice guy. People like you should be the one who discuss with the Sunnis on Shia/Sunni Dialogue. :)

(salam)

(wasalam)

maybe you should ask sayidna Ali (as) in relation to your 'suni' aisha

or sayidna Ali (as) while debating with your 'suni' love muwawya .. & Amr ibn-Aas

maybe you can ask sayida Fatimah (as), why she stopped debating with your beloved omar, abu bakr and uthman & co.

.. looks like this issue is older than ShiaChat itself !! hmmmmm ..

looks like your beloved salaf & sahaba have been fighting and disrespecting shia ahl bayt ever since the ahl bayt were still in any form of political power

check out level of debates here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Fitna

.. and level of respect

.. and level of "death" .. resulting of killings ..

Lol. No, I'm not. You really are. I like you. Nice akhlaq you have.

no no! i m not a good one. but the thing is i realized it by mothers' love.

we have sunni as well as shia dominating societies and whenever there is any kind of trouble in the society the mothers of the minorities are the most troubled ones. i met them closely. their praying style becomes like this-'god! whatever happens i want my child back, i dont know anything".

if u r righteous then definitely u can fascinate neone, irrespective of shia sunni dialogues.

so i try to follow as many sunnats as i can and i try to be a good shia of Ali(a.s) whos tongue is pure from cursing anyone.

^keyboard-mujahid :rolleyes:

Mouse included..! Keyboard-Mouse Mujahid..!

I've never seen you in ShiaChat before. :donno:

Do you actually know who I am?

Explanation needed??

Dear members of ShiaChat, I've made up my decision. I QUIT. And please read my profile overview. I want to ask for apologize for all the things that I've done to you and thanks for having me here on ShiaChat.

Dear members of ShiaChat, I've made up my decision. I QUIT. And please read my profile overview. I want to ask for apologize for all the things that I've done to you and thanks for having me here on ShiaChat.

u did not pay heed to my words?

so sad.

i viewd ur profile after replying to u. i swear.

later when u'll meet some bigoted ones then u can bring them here to prove them.

And this is supposed to be a good thing? You do realize from our viewpoint such a person has just bought himself a ticket to Hell unless he repents. If your interest in being here is to have Shi`a convert to misguidance, I'd like to show you the door myself.

Do shias consider former shias who convert to sunnism as apostates thus disbelievers?

There was a thread on this, but I don't remember this being discussed, and Bhooka had quoted this hadith:

"Imam(AS) said "Islam is the apparent condition upon which are the common people, (that is) saying shahada of Allah(SWT) and Prophet(PBUH), saying prayer(salat), giving zakat, going for hajj and fasting in ramadhan. This is Islam. As for Iman, that includes recognition of amr(of imamah), whoever doesn't recognize it is a deviant muslim."

I'm just curious now

There are so much signs that show us that Syrias fall could mean the coming of all mahdi (as) im so joyed to know this. But I don't know how to handle this really all this innonecent people killed :l.

Do shias consider former shias who convert to sunnism as apostates thus disbelievers?

There was a thread on this, but I don't remember this being discussed, and Bhooka had quoted this hadith:

"Imam(AS) said "Islam is the apparent condition upon which are the common people, (that is) saying shahada of Allah(SWT) and Prophet(PBUH), saying prayer(salat), giving zakat, going for hajj and fasting in ramadhan. This is Islam. As for Iman, that includes recognition of amr(of imamah), whoever doesn't recognize it is a deviant muslim."

I'm just curious now

Well, the acceptance of the Imams' Wilayah is a fundamental part of Islam and, therefore, one who does not believe it is, as the hadith you quoted says, a "deviant Muslims", whose chances of Heaven are quite slim and limited.

Well, the acceptance of the Imams' Wilayah is a fundamental part of Islam and, therefore, one who does not believe it is, as the hadith you quoted says, a "deviant Muslims", whose chances of Heaven are quite slim and limited.

I wasn't really talking about the chance of paradise, considering Allah SWT with his justice and mercy will be fair upon those who did their best, but in the end only He knows whose intentions and love of Ehel Bayt was true.

But even in the case you were mentioning there's hadiths again were it proves the above statement. I'm copying and pasting so, some of this bolded and i can't change it.

"Jamāl Ibn Darrāj narrates from Zurārah in this event that the Imām said, “Zurārah! [God has made it] incumbent upon Himself that He take the misguided (not the unbelievers and deniers) to Heaven.”

and another one:

“In my view, whoever doesn’t recognize the Imām is an unbeliever.”

“Glory be to God! This belief is the belief of the Khārijites.”

At that point the Imām said, “Now, do you wish me to inform you of the truth?”

Hāshim, who in the words of the late Faydh al-Kāshānī , knew that the Imām’s view was in opposition to his own belief, said, “No.”

The Imām said, “It is very bad for you to say something of your own accord that you have not heard from us.”

But then again, I personally believe that the Ahlul Bayt has the vested authority. I had some other questions, but that's another thread.

I was only trying to see if shias believed that shia converts to sunnism embraced apostasy.