Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Are All Sahaba In Janna?

Rate this topic

sunnis say that all sahaba are in janna

how is this possible?

what about the hypocrits ?

u say talha,zubair,muawiya are in janna along with imam ali (as)

i really dont understand what type of heaven is it then :no:

what is your stand on

hinda (who ate the liver of hamza in uhud)

abu sufyan (leader of meccans in badr,ohud,khandaq)

muawiya (siffin,nahrawan,killing of ammar ibn yasir (ra),breaking the treaty with imam hasan (as) )

talha and zubair (jamal)

ayesha (jamal)

umar (attacking bibi fatima al zahra (as) )

Edited by varun loves ahlulbayt
  • Advanced Member

These are the promised ones:

1. Abu Bakr as-Siddiq.

2. Umar al-Farooq.

3. Uthman al-Zunnurayn.

4. 'Ali Karamallahu Wajhah.

5. Talhah.

6. Zubayr.

7. Abdul Rahman ibn 'Awf.

8. Sa'ad ibn Abi Waqas.

9. Abu Ubaidah ibn al-Jarrah.

10. Saeed ibn Zaid.

May Allah be pleased with all of them.

While other Sahabas, let Allah judge them all. It's not our rights to decide whether they will enter Jannah or not.

• Advanced Member

In Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah, the hypocrites are not considered as Sahaba. They may be companions in the linguistic sense, but they are not Sahaba as defined by the people of the Sunnah. As we all know, the prophet SAW knew who the hypocrites were. It would be unwise to believe that the Prophet SAW would let Uthman RA marry his two daughters if he was indeed a hypocrite. Same thing goes for Ali RA who gave his daughter to Umar RA

Edited by Abu Muslim

These are the promised ones:

1. Abu Bakr as-Siddiq.

2. Umar al-Farooq.

3. Uthman al-Zunnurayn.

4. 'Ali Karamallahu Wajhah.

5. Talhah.

6. Zubayr.

7. Abdul Rahman ibn 'Awf.

8. Sa'ad ibn Abi Waqas.

9. Abu Ubaidah ibn al-Jarrah.

10. Saeed ibn Zaid.

May Allah be pleased with all of them.

While other Sahabas, let Allah judge them all. It's not our rights to decide whether they will enter Jannah or not.

i am not deciding who will enter janna and who enter hell

as a matter of fact nobody except Allah swt knows who will enter heaven and who to hell

i was just asking the sunni school of thought opinion about this issue

if you are 100% confident about your school then you should be able to give proofs from quran hadith and histroy

when you say these 10 sahaba are granted janna ; u include talha and zubair along side imam ali (as)

how can this be possible when you clearly know that they were fighting in the battle of jamal

so how can this be possible?

i mean acc. to you heaven is a peaceful place isnt it?

so what iff they also enter heaven along with imam ali (as)

then refute this logically (they repented or ali a.s. had forgiven them etc.. from authentic proofs)

In Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah, the hypocrites are not considered as Sahaba. They may be companions in the linguistic sense, but they are not Sahaba as defined by the people of the Sunnah. As we all know, the prophet SAW knew who the hypocrites were. It would be unwise to believe that the Prophet SAW would let Uthman RA marry his two daughters if he was indeed a hypocrite. Same thing goes for Ali RA who gave his daughter to Umar RA

first prove that the holy prophet saww had 4 daughters and that he gave 2 of them to uthman

prove that bibi umm khulthum (ra) was married to umar

anyways i was asking about talha and zubair - entering janna along with imam ali (as) when they were fighting in jamal

prove this by logic

Fact is that prophets don't always know who is good and bad .. this includes friends and wives

• Advanced Member

I wonder who have given the right to people of Sunnah to define Sahaba when clear Quranic verses are there for Who are sahaba.

I wonder who have given the right to people of Sunnah to define Sahaba when clear Quranic verses are there for Who are sahaba.

Great logical point there mashaAllah!

Also wonder how there can be people who are exempt from clear quranic rules

As though they are above shariat Allah / Islamic laws .. a strange immunity there! While the prophets are not immune and also have fear based on uncertainties ( including judgment day )

Masha Allah

• Advanced Member

Depends on how you define Sahaba.

If you mean every single person who ever met the prophet (saww), then all of them obviously can't be in Jannah, like Abu Bakr, Umar, Abu Sufyan, Muawiya, etc.

But if you mean the Prophet's (saww) real faithful companions such as Imam Ali (as), Salam Farsi, Ammar ib Yasir, etc. then yes they would be in Jannah.

If you mean every single person who ever met the prophet (saww), then all of them obviously can't be in Jannah, like Abu Bakr, Umar, Abu Sufyan, Muawiya, etc.

But if you mean the Prophet's (saww) real faithful companions such as Imam Ali (as), Salam Farsi, Ammar ib Yasir, etc. then yes they would be in Jannah.

i guess others such as

meqdad

jabir ibn abdullah al ansari

abu dharr al ghafari

malik al ashter.............were also loyal companions of the holy prophet saww

they would also be in janna

inshaAllah

• Advanced Member

i guess others such as

meqdad

jabir ibn abdullah al ansari

abu dharr al ghafari

malik al ashter.............were also loyal companions of the holy prophet saww

they would also be in janna

inshaAllah

Brother malik al ashtar (ra) is never proved to be sahabi. It's interesting to know that he died poisned so he was a threath for Mawia.

• The hadith I just qouted shows that Ammar will be in heaven insha Allah.
  • "God commanded me to love four, and He informed me that he loves them.
    People asked him: Messenger of God who are they? He said: Ali is from
    them ( repeating that three times ). And Abu Tharr and Salman and al-
    Miqdad''

Sunni reference: Sunan ibn Majah, v1 p53 Hadith 149

• As for Jabir he has seen the prophet (as) and 3 Imaams (as) and heard the last Imaam al sajjad (as) he loved to be around the Imaams. He was blind but he would do anything to just sit with al sajjad (as)

Brother malik al ashtar (ra) is never proved to be sahabi. It's interesting to know that he died poisned so he was a threath for Mawia.

• The hadith I just qouted shows that Ammar will be in heaven insha Allah.
  • "God commanded me to love four, and He informed me that he loves them.
    People asked him: Messenger of God who are they?
    He said: Ali is from
    them ( repeating that three times ).
    And Abu Tharr and Salman and al-
    Miqdad''

Sunni reference: Sunan ibn Majah, v1 p53 Hadith 149

• As for Jabir he has seen the prophet (as) and 3 Imaams (as) and heard the last Imaam al sajjad (as) he loved to be around the Imaams. He was blind but he would do anything to just sit with al sajjad (as)

about malik al ashter;

he was indeed considered a sahabi

for ex- a person broke his teeth after knowing that the prophet saww lost one of his tooth in battle of ohud(sorry i dont remember his name) then the holy prophet saww described him as a good sahabi

but that person never saw the prophet saww

i heard this in a syed ammar nakshawani speech in youtube (biography of malik al ashter)

so i think we can consider malik as a sahabi and that he enters janna inshaAllah

now jabir ibn abdulla al ansari was indeed a great sahabi

u say he didnt do anything to the religion

but the fact is that he wanted to fight in badr and ohud but being a single son to his father and 9 sisters to look after; his father abdulla al ansari requested him to stay away from battle field

then he accepted this with heavy heart and served the soliders like suppling water etc.....

he is very imp. in our faith

since he is the one who recognised our 5th imam; imam muhammad al baqir (as)

so we can be sure that we are on the right path mashaAllah

another point he was the 1st person to do the ziyarat of imam al hussain (as)

so he is a sahabi and will be in jannat inshaAllah

ref. youtube syed ammar nakshawani biography of the companions

• Advanced Member

sunnis say that all sahaba are in janna

how is this possible?

what about the hypocrits ?

u say talha,zubair,muawiya are in janna along with imam ali (as)

i really dont understand what type of heaven is it then :no:

what is your stand on

hinda (who ate the liver of hamza in uhud)

abu sufyan (leader of meccans in badr,ohud,khandaq)

muawiya (siffin,nahrawan,killing of ammar ibn yasir (ra),breaking the treaty with imam hasan (as) )

talha and zubair (jamal)

ayesha (jamal)

umar (attacking bibi fatima al zahra (as) )

Hadeeth from Muslim sharif( 2nd authentic book after Qur'an for Ahle sann wal Jam'a)

Qais reported: I said to 'Ammar: What is your opinion about that which you have done in case (of your siding with Hadrat 'Ali)? Is it your personal opinion or something you got from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? 'Ammar said: We have got nothing from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) which people at large did not get, but Hudhaifa told me that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) had especially told him amongst his Companion, that there would be twelve hypocrites out of whom eight would not get into Paradise, until a camel would be able to pass through the needle hole. The ulcer would be itself sufficient (to kill) eight. So far as four are concerned, I do not remember what Shu'ba said about them. (No.6688 Eng Tr.)

Another Hadeeth From Same book:

Abu Tufail reported that there was a dispute between Hudhaifa and one from the people of Aqaba as it happens amongst people. He said: I adjure you by Allah to tell me as to how many people from Aqaba were. The people said to him (Hudhaifa) to inform him as he had asked. We have been informed that they were fourteen and If you are to be counted amongst them, then they would be fifteen and I state by Allah that twelve amongst them were the enemies of Allah and of His Messenger (may peace be upon him) in this world. The rest of the three put forward this excuse: We did not hear the announcement of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and we were not aware of the intention of the people as he (the Holy Prophet) had been in the hot atmosphere. He (the Holy Prophet) then said: The water is small in quantity (at the next station). So nobody should go ahead of me, but he found people who had gone ahead of him and he cursed them on that day.(6690)

The Hadeeth is about Aqaba , The incident is like that Prophet s.a.w.a was returning from the expedition of Tabuk with sahabas, and a place called Aqaba a narrow passage on mountain, where some sahabas tried to kill Prophet s.a.w.a.

Prophet s.a.w.a told Hudaifa r.a the names of those who wanted to kill Him s.a.w.a .

We get the some name from history like Abu Bakr, umar, uthman talha etc. those who wanted to kill prophet .s.a.w.a.

We also read in Bukhari that Angels will drag some sahabas to hell and Prophet will recognise them as well as they will recognise prophet s.a.w.a.

So the concept, all Sahabas are "adel"( "just") and one can follow anyone of them is bogus

See how earth is vomiting the rotten foot of Umar.

Sahih Al Bukhari.

http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=23&translator=1&start=0&number=474

I want you all to think who are the 12 ? and how can we know who they are ? It's easy read which ones did the biggest crimes and you will have your list. as for the last hadith it shows that the prophet did curse sahaba if they did something stupid. And in this case they really did.

I think you have name of the 12.( As I Have given some)

These are the promised ones: 1. Abu Bakr as-Siddiq. 2. Umar al-Farooq. 3. Uthman al-Zunnurayn. 4. 'Ali Karamallahu Wajhah. 5. Talhah. 6. Zubayr. 7. Abdul Rahman ibn 'Awf. 8. Sa'ad ibn Abi Waqas. 9. Abu Ubaidah ibn al-Jarrah. 10. Saeed ibn Zaid. May Allah be pleased with all of them. While other Sahabas, let Allah judge them all. It's not our rights to decide whether they will enter Jannah or not.

Your concept of Asaira Mubasira ( 10 Good news receiver) is absolutely bogous and concocted

What do you think about Hasan a.s Hussain a.s and Fatimah s.a ? ( You said Quote "While other Sahabas, let Allah judge them all. It's not our rights to decide whether they will enter Jannah or not.")

So you are not sure about Hasnain karamin sarifain a.s and Fatima s.a!

Well very interesting thing is that one who got this so called good news to enter in Jannat in this world was Sa'd Ibn Abi wakkas.

See what he is saying

Sahih muslim:Book No 31, Hadeeth No 6067

'Amir b. Sa'd reported that he heard his father (Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas) say: never heard Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) say unto one living and moving about that he was in Paradise except to 'Abdullah b. Salim'.

So sa'd ibn Abi wakkas himself did not know!!!!! ( You have given no 8 to sa'd ibn Abi wakkas.

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 157

Narrated by Sad bin Abi Waqqas

I have never heard the Prophet saying about anybody walking on the earth that he is from the people of Paradise except 'Abdullah bin Salam. The following Verse was revealed concerning him: "And a witness from the children of Israel testifies that this Qur'an is true" (46.10)

The same thing....its amazing when ahle sann wal jam'a fabricate a hadeeth they forget how easily they can be exposed.

Remember the Hadeeth I quoted is a argument against you not against us, as bukhari and Muslim shareff is not Hujja on us rather on you people.

• Advanced Member

Sunnis are just comic gold. When it comes to sahaba all the rationale and logic they insist Shi'ah of Maula Ali (as) don't possess goes out of the window and in flies the sugar-fairy to coat them all with a (very) liberal sprinkling.

Usurpation of rights? Ill-treatment of the Ahlulbayt (as)? Refusing command of Paak Nabi (SAW)? Changing Sharia? Waging war against the Imam/Caliph? Plotting against the Prophet (SAW) and being severely chastised for it in Holy Quran? Angering the Lady Of Paradise? Bringing back to the city the person banished by the Prophet (SAW)? Reneging on a treaty with the Leader Of The Youth Of Paradise and having him poisoned?

ALL of this in sunni books of narration and history but hey, these were just tiny, petty mistakes - they were all one big happy-clappy family, just like every single person in the village/town/city/state/country/earth is now.

Gotta go, my flying carriage and magic suit has arrived...

ALI

• Advanced Member

Dont disrespect Umer :P , you are hurting the readers from sunni side. :shifty:

Sunnis are just comic gold. When it comes to sahaba all the rationale and logic they insist Shi'ah of Maula Ali (as) don't possess goes out of the window and in flies the sugar-fairy to coat them all with a (very) liberal sprinkling.

Usurpation of rights? Ill-treatment of the Ahlulbayt (as)? Refusing command of Paak Nabi (SAW)? Changing Sharia? Waging war against the Imam/Caliph? Plotting against the Prophet (SAW) and being severely chastised for it in Holy Quran? Angering the Lady Of Paradise? Bringing back to the city the person banished by the Prophet (SAW)? Reneging on a treaty with the Leader Of The Youth Of Paradise and having him poisoned?

ALL of this in sunni books of narration and history but hey, these were just tiny, petty mistakes - they were all one big happy-clappy family, just like every single person in the village/town/city/state/country/earth is now.

Gotta go, my flying carriage and magic suit has arrived...

ALI

can you shed some light on this please
  • Veteran Member

, the prophet SAW knew who the hypocrites were.

[Quran 9:101] Among the Aarabs around you, there are hypocrites. Also, among the city dwellers, there are those who are accustomed to hypocrisy. You do not know them, but we know them. We will double the retribution for them, then they end up committed to a terrible retribution

Allah (swt) is clearly saying that he did not know who these hypocrites were, so can you clarify what you are implying by saying

the prophet SAW knew who the hypocrites were.

Edited by power
  • Advanced Member

Your concept of Asaira Mubasira ( 10 Good news receiver) is absolutely bogous and concocted

What do you think about Hasan a.s Hussain a.s and Fatimah s.a ? ( You said Quote "While other Sahabas, let Allah judge them all. It's not our rights to decide whether they will enter Jannah or not.")

So you are not sure about Hasnain karamin sarifain a.s and Fatima s.a!

First of all, aren't Imam 'Ali, Fatimah az-Zahra, Imam Hassan and Imam Husayn, peace be upon them all, not in the list of the Sahabas according to the Shia??? They are the AHL AL-BAYT!!! Secondly, we have hadiths which say that Imam Hassan and Imam Husayn, peace be upon them, are the LEADERS OF YOUTH IN JANNAH!!! And Fatimah az-Zahra (as) is the LEADER OF WOMEN IN JANNAH!!!

How pathetic you reacted. Stop confusing others while you know the truth about this.

• Advanced Member

^^^

"Can you shed some light on this please"

In 630 the Apostle captured Makkah whereupon Hakam, his son Marwan and many other Umayyads accepted Islam. But Hakam and his son could never overcome their animosity to Islam and its Prophet. If they could hurt Islam, they did. Eventually, the Prophet banished them from Medina.

When he died and Abu Bakr became khalifa Uthman requested him to allow his uncle and his son-in-law to return to Medina but he refused. When Umar became khalifa, Uthman begged him to let the two pariahs come back to Medina but he too refused. Then Uthman became khalifa, and he, of course, lost no time in bringing them back to Medina and in bestowing the greatest honors upon them.

Yaqoobi, the historian, says that when Hakam entered Medina he was wearing dirty tatters like a beggar but when he left Uthman's palace he was dressed in the richest silks and brocade.

Uthman appointed Hakam as collector of the poor-tax from the tribe of Banu Qaza'a. Baladhuri, the historian, says that Hakam collected 300,000 dirhems and when he brought it to the khalifa, the latter gave it back to him to keep and to spend.

http://www.al-islam.org/restatement/58.htm

ALI

• Veteran Member

When he died and Abu Bakr became khalifa Uthman requested him to allow his uncle and his son-in-law to return to Medina but he refused. When Umar became khalifa, Uthman begged him to let the two pariahs come back to Medina but he too refused.

Well at least that's something you can commend them for... right?

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

Well at least that's something you can commend them for... right?

Right. Not everything they did (or anyone for that matter) was bad or evil. They did some good things during their life that no one can take away from them (like freeing Bilal (ra)), but they also did some horrible things that no one else can be blamed for. No one is pure evil at the core; even Iblees worshiped Allah [swt] with the angels 6K years before deviating.

في أمان الله

what to talk of muslims when they forgot the worst event in dark history of islam where they burnt house of prophet .. they brought only and beloved doughter of prophet to stand in court among so many people .. when they killed son of prophet (p.b.u.h) and yet they dont remember anything like it never happened ! all i can say is that all those who did it and all those who followed them and all those who consider them to be free of sins will follow each other and will face their crimes at the day of judgement ............

• Advanced Member

Masimkhanniazi:

what to talk of muslims when they forgot the worst event in dark history of islam where they burnt house of prophet .. they brought only and beloved doughter of prophet to stand in court among so many people .. when they killed son of prophet (p.b.u.h) and yet they dont remember anything like it never happened ! all i can say is that all those who did it and all those who followed them and all those who consider them to be free of sins will follow each other and will face their crimes at the day of judgement ............

Ayubi786:

Asalamalikum brother but i am a little confused for you wrote;

"When they KILLED the son of prophet saws and yet they dont remember anything like it happened"

I know Nabi saws had 2 sons who DIED in infancy!!

• Veteran Member

Asalamalikum brother but i am a little confused for you wrote;

"When they KILLED the son of prophet saws and yet they dont remember anything like it happened"

I know Nabi saws had 2 sons who DIED in infancy!!

By son he means Imam Husayn [as]. Technically grandson, but the Prophet [sawa] called Hasan and Husayn his sons.

في أمان الله

• Advanced Member

First of all, aren't Imam 'Ali, Fatimah az-Zahra, Imam Hassan and Imam Husayn, peace be upon them all, not in the list of the Sahabas according to the Shia??? They are the AHL AL-BAYT!!! Secondly, we have hadiths which say that Imam Hassan and Imam Husayn, peace be upon them, are the LEADERS OF YOUTH IN JANNAH!!! And Fatimah az-Zahra (as) is the LEADER OF WOMEN IN JANNAH!!!

How pathetic you reacted. Stop confusing others while you know the truth about this.

Read my post again you . According you ahlul sunna people Ali Hasan hussain are Also sahaba. So why you forgot to mention about them , where prophet s.a.w.a clearly ( Sahih Hadeeth) saying they will enter Jannah,

But your pathetic mind escaped them and went to so called fabricated Hadeeth( Which has been fabricated by sunnis to counter the Hadeeth about Ali, Hasan, Hussain Fatimah etc.) about 10 .

I have punctured Your hadeeth about 10.

Now go and find other fabricated Hadeethes. Till then salam.

look jannat is for those who cry on imam husain a.s

Beleive on Allah s.w.t

Mohammed s.a.w.w. As a last messenger

Imam ali a.s as the 1st caliph

And Most imp is the mourning of the imam husain a.s and his companion.

And last but not least he should have a faith on the present king Of today i mean my imam mehdi a.t.f.s

Now you can find out who is in jannat and who is in hell.

No matter Let the pepl say that our so called sahabah is in jannah but the fact is that if the person is on the guidelines and has the qualities which ahlebayt a.s has said about the jannati Then he is definetly in jannat.

Well we all know what the word "Sahaba" means ............ literally translated the word means "Companion" coming to asking yourself the question who's companion --- The answer you would get is, Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)

Now in all nobility, what is the reply one would get if he asked himself or pondered as to where would the "companion of Prophet Muhammad" be and i'm sure you would get the answer i'm trying to get to you (remember I mentioned, in all nobility) :) :)

^^ abu bakr accompanied the holy prophet (saw) in the cave on the hijrath night

yes i do agree

but what happened there - he was afraid for his life - shows how strong eemaan he had in Allah swt and his prophet saww

one more thing is that ive heard abu bakr sold a camel to the holy prophet saww for 1000 dirhams

but compare the 2 events - imam ali (as) ready to sacrifice his life and slept on the bed on hijrat night

and abu bakr going with the holy prophet saww and fearing for his life