Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Muslim Career Women Willing To 'share Husbands'

Rate this topic

High-flying Muslim career women willing to 'share husbands' because of a lack of suitable men

Muslim career women in Britain are choosing to become involved in polygamous relationships because of a lack of suitable men.

Some of them even choosing to become second or third wives to married men, according to the Islamic Sharia Council.

The charity, based in Britain, gives legal guidance to Muslims and has said it is receiving a high number of queries from women struggling to find suitable partners.

Many of the women have also said they would prefer to hold down high-profile jobs rather than look after their husbands.

Taking more than one wife is illegal in the UK but men marry again in a nikah religious ceremony, allowing them to take up to four wives.

Mizan Raja, 35, who organises Muslim marriages around the world, told the Sunday Times, that he has had hundreds of calls in the past six months from women asking about becoming second wives.

Mr Raja said: 'The demand for these relationships is led by the women, not the men. In one generation women have become educated, entrepreneurial and professional.

'The Muslim community is struggling with this, how do you cope with women who wear trousers?'

He said that many Muslim men just wanted a 'homemaker' and to come home to a clean house and a plate of food on the table.

He added the men didn't want the 'headache' of being in a relationship with a professional woman.

It is thought the Muslim women are also actively seeking out married men because they do not want the hassle of having to cook for their husbands after a hard day at work and are quite happy to have part-time relationships.

One woman who spoke to the Sunday Times, and asked not to be named, had an affair with a married man after divorcing her first husband.

When he offered to leave his wife she preferred to become his second wife because she did not want him 'under her shoes 24/7'.

It is thought about 12,000 brides are brought to the UK by Muslim men.

The decline in available husbands has become such a problem it is now referred to as the 'Muslim spinster crisis'.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Even though im a woman, i disagree with these women. Allah (swt) has made us in pairs but with different responsibilities and abilities, and has made one to excel over the other. Im not saying women shouldnt have careers because im working towards one myself, but its important to keep a balance and that goes for both sexes.

Edited by AlHamdulillah110

someone wishes he had multiple wives...

To anybody chagrins, the reality is, Islam is for all ages, all times, and all circumstances. Allah bestow mercy and make their ways easier for their bold step in following their deen.

Who cares what cultural Muslims think. Cultural Muslims are the reasons for their own sufferings so be it.

These pragmatic Muslim ladies are trying to follow real Islam, at least in this.

Edited by Waiting for HIM

To anybody chagrins, the reality is, Islam is for all ages, all times, and all circumstances. Allah bestow mercy and make their ways easier for their bold step in following their deen.

Who cares what cultural Muslims think. They are the reasons for their own sufferings so be it.

at least you don't deny it...

Who cares what cultural Muslims think. Cultural Muslims are the reasons for their own sufferings so be it.

These pragmatic Muslim ladies are trying to follow real Islam, at least in this.

I doubt the woman who had the affair with the married man in the article was trying to follow Islam.

This situation has nothing to do with Islam. It's about women wanting the physical aspects of marriage without any of the other responsibilities. There's a common term for this in English but I won't say it.

Guys, I am amazed your manly ego would never praise a woman where it is due.You will criticize women who are against their husbands marrying another woman. You will criticize women who are happy with their husbands taking another wife. What do you want ??? Make up your minds.

I'm a man too and am proud of my muslima sisters who are finding solution with in Islam, not outside of Islam.

Just break the idol of your "I" and say the right thing.

Edited by Waiting for HIM

What it all comes down to is the problem of ego. These women have accomplished a lot through their careers but they have no humility. They look down on stay at home wives, thinking they are better than them. Oooh just because you have a career and a nice car and can support yourself. Big deal. Where is your humility? Likewise, the men that don't want to deal with the "headache" of professional women have their own ego problems. In my opinion, both kinds of people are horrible marriage choices. I wouldn't want to be stuck in a marriage with people who are so arrogant. Islam teaches us to be modest and humble, and I don't see any of that here.

Edited by Aqua

i cant live with two women, i just cant. i'm probably the most monogamous person on earth, but i have my reasons. i have one heart and i can only give it away one time. once its given away, i cant recover it to split it again. my heart wouldn't survive such a thing. :donno:

as for those women. may Allah grant them a good and healthy life. same goes for those men.

pray tell???

to be available to her husband for sex

wow..... so what's the difference, in your mind, between a wife and a prostitute?

a piece of paper?

Guys, I am amazed your manly ego would never praise a woman where it is due.You will criticize women who are against their husbands marrying another woman. You will criticize women who are happy with their husbands taking another wife. What do you want ??? Make up your minds.

I'm a man too and am proud of my muslima sisters who are finding solution with in Islam, not outside of Islam.

Just break the idol of your "I" and say the right thing.

ego?

lol.

What it all comes down to is the problem of ego. These women have accomplished a lot through their careers but they have no humility. They look down on stay at home wives, thinking they are better than them. Oooh just because you have a career and a nice car and can support yourself. Big deal. Where is your humility? Likewise, the men that don't want to deal with the "headache" of professional women have their own ego problems. In my opinion, both kinds of people are horrible marriage choices. I wouldn't want to be stuck in a marriage with people who are so arrogant. Islam teaches us to be modest and humble, and I don't see any of that here.

You are making a lot of assumptions. You have no way of knowing what someone else thinks or feels unless they tell you.

wow..... so what's the difference, in your mind, between a wife and a prostitute?

a piece of paper?

Is that what you think of nikkah??

certainly not, but you evidently do...

Why do you say that? I am just stating what the Islamic responsibiltiy of women is in marriage. I didnt make the rules....

If you can show me some other Islamic responsibilty of women in marriage other than asking your husbands permission to go out, please do.

Edited by Maryaam

Why do you say that? I am just stating what the Islamic responsibiltiy of women is in marriage. I didnt make the rules....

If you can show me some other Islamic responsibilty of women in marriage other than asking your husbands permission to go out, please do.

Read: http://www.al-islam.org/m_morals/index.htm

And there is nothing in there that puts women in the wrong here....if I have missed something please post it.

There are only two responsiblities of women in marriage - if you know more please post them.

You haven't read it.

I'm not your teacher, read it yourself.

You haven't read it.

I'm not your teacher, read it yourself.

You obviously do not know and need to read to find out. I have read it many times. Islamic duties of woman are not based on your opinion. Search and you will find.

Edited by Maryaam

I was just making assumptions based on what the article says:

"Many of the women have also said they would prefer to hold down high-profile jobs rather than look after their husbands."

And:

"He said that many Muslim men just wanted a 'homemaker' and to come home to a clean house and a plate of food on the table. He added the men didn't want the 'headache' of being in a relationship with a professional woman."

These both just scream "ego problem" to me. These successful and independent women basically think they are too good to be "traditional" wives (just so we're clear, I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to be a career woman, or a stay at home wife - it's all about choice and modesty). And these men are too chauvinistic (or threatened) to be in a marriage with a woman who is equally as successful as they are. As a result, they are settling for polygamy in order to serve themselves, not the other.

I guess the biggest problem I have with this is, I don't see how there can be a marriage built on love and spirituality with such selfishness. Idk, that's just my opinion.

What these women want to be rhymes with 'truck duddies'.

We're too good to stay at home raising kids or any of that 'back home rubbish'. We're feisty, independent women!

We want no strings attached sex, we want to go out where we want, dress how we want, we don't want a man telling us what to do! If I wanna go to a bar with girls on a Friday night, I can go!

Mashallah