Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Revert Support Network Of South East Michigan

Rate this topic

• Moderators

Salam Alekum, Brothers and Sisters

The Revert Support Network of South East Michigan is please to announce the first monthly meeting which will be help Saturday, March 31 at 10:30 a.m. at Golden Bakery in Dearborn, MI (Corner of Warren Ave. and Chase Rd.). The purpose of the meeting is to attempt to resolve the spiritual and life issues of those who are new to the religion of Islam as taught to us by our Prophet Muhammad(p.b.u.h) and Ahl Al Bayt(a.s). The goal will be to connect brothers and sisters with local people and resources which can assist them in their challenges, InshahAllah.

This is an open invitation, although those who are seriously considering attending should R.S.V.P at rsnsem@gmail.com before March 23rd. This is so we can get an idea of how many tables and breakfast items we will need for the meeting. Also, you can read further announcements and developments at

http://groups.google.com/group/revert-support-network-of-south-east-michigan?hl=en

Also, any questions can be posted to this thread. There will be a guest alim attending the meeting .We will announce once we have confirmed.

Salam,

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Moderators

Salam to all,

Just wanted to give some updates. I have been in contact with several influential community members in the South East

Michigan area. They have expressed support for the project and are willing to give their time and resources to help.

If anyone has any ideas on specifically what the first meeting should focus on (ie. the greatest need currently for those

new reverts), please post ideas.

Alhamdulillah, I will be there.

Thank you br. InshahAllah I'll see you there

• Advanced Member

Wa alikum alsalam,

This is really great.

I really wished that Shia arranged this from before, as Sunni forereached us in this and other stuffs too.

I should tell my reverted friends who lives near this area about this.

Is there any plan to give some free shia books to those reverts?

Do you know any organization that send free shia books to reverts in US?

I already asked a friend who lives in MI about this,

but no answer yet. I really need to know this as I have a lot of reverted sisters who need to know about Shia and you know it is not easy to read books online at all.

Edited by Zahra1

• Moderators

Salam

The meeting will be, literally, around the corner from the Islamic Library of Dearborn. They have many books, some are very inexpensive and some free.

If you need more information,go to http://www.islamiclib.org/index.php. There are many books on the lives of the Imams(a.s), etc.

Also, if they go to www.al-islam.org, most of the books there are free from this website. If you know who is planning on attending, please R.S.V.P at rsnsem@gmail.com so we know about how many are coming. Since this is the first meeting, I have absolutely no idea what kind of participation we will have.

• Advanced Member

I would think the first mtg should be about the goals and purpose of the group. Mtg shedule, etc..

you should contact IMAM-us.org, they put on classes for reverts, as well as being the official US rep's of Grand Ayatollah Sistani so they could no doubt provide more guidance, info, and resources. contact Sh. Rizwan if you are interested in this affiliation.

Also, you could put together a quick resource guide containing the locations on all local Shia mosque's, as well as IMAM-US.org

Edited by jaiart

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam

The meeting will be, literally, around the corner from the Islamic Library of Dearborn. They have many books, some are very inexpensive and some free.

If you need more information,go to http://www.islamiclib.org/index.php. There are many books on the lives of the Imams(a.s), etc.

Also, if they go to www.al-islam.org, most of the books there are free from this website. If you know who is planning on attending, please R.S.V.P at rsnsem@gmail.com so we know about how many are coming. Since this is the first meeting, I have absolutely no idea what kind of participation we will have.

Wa alikum alsalam

Thank you for these links.

• Advanced Member

I would think the first mtg should be about the goals and purpose of the group. Mtg shedule, etc..

you should contact IMAM-us.org, they put on classes for reverts, as well as being the official US rep's of Grand Ayatollah Sistani so they could no doubt provide more guidance, info, and resources. contact Sh. Rizwan if you are interested in this affiliation.

Also, you could put together a quick resource guide containing the locations on all local Shia mosque's, as well as IMAM-US.org

Thank you very much

I sent him an e-mail and I got an answer, he told me that perhaps next year he will offer the class online, so

people from all over can join.

It is really great doing this, as Salafis used to do this too.

• Advanced Member

Salam,

That is interesting. Could you give me an example of the curriculum for the class or what a typical class session consists of.

Wa alikum alsalam.

I already attached a file (an overview of the class) that Sh. Rizwan sent me if you want to take a look on it.

Salam Alekum,

We are having our second monthly meeting at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 28 at the Islamic Library of Dearborn,

7801 Chase Rd, Dearborn, MI. Breakfast will be served. :)

Wa alikum alsalam,

That's good to hear, I hope that my friend can join you this time.

How was your first meeting? As I couldn't ask my friend about it yet.

Course Overview 9_4_11 (1).pdf

• Moderators

Salam Alekum,

The meeting went well but I think the main problem was that very few people knew about it, (only 6 people showed up )

also, there were some questions as to who was behind it.

I think most of those issues have been resolved and this next meeting should be more productive.

I will post notes afterward.

Also, Sheik Arastu attended the first meeting and was a significant contributor and I was glad he was there.

Edited by Abu Hadi

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Salam Alekum Brothers and Sisters,

InShahAllah, we will be holding our third monthly meeting of the Revert Support Network at 10:30 a.m, Saturday May 26th at the Islamic

Library of Dearborn, 7801 Chase Rd. in Dearborn MI. Breakfast will be served.

Please, brothers and sisters, if you have any friends or contacts who are new reverts or you think could benefit from these meetings, please

invite them. If we want this group to continue and flourish, we need more participation from those in the community that are out there, but

probably just don't know these meetings exist. Please do your best to inform as many as you can, fe Sibilillah

The presenter for this meeting will be Br. Jason (Abu Hadi). Topics will be

1) Benefits of the Holy Month of Rajab

2) Introduction to the Life of Imam Muhammad Al Bakr(a.s)

3) Part 2 of the previous presentation, 'Finding your way out of the

Maze'

4) Future Goals and Open Discussion.

Salam,

Edited by Abu Hadi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Alsalam alikum,

How was the last meeting?

Have you decided about the next meeting yet?

May be too early to ask you about this, but one of my reverted friends, who couldn't attend your meetings before,

told me that she would like to attend next meeting and as she has been working 50 or 55 hours a week,

so I want to make sure if she can attend next meeting.

Salam.

• Moderators

Salam Alekum, sis

All the details can be found at the group

http://groups.google...-michigan?hl=en

Our last meeting was May 26. It went very well, Alhamduillah and we are seeing more participation and more interest each time.

We usually have our meeting on the last Saturday of the month and most of our members are going to muslim congress.

www.muslimcongress.org and since it falls on the last Saturday in June, we decided to meet up there. We may have another meeting before muslim congress, I will post details if other members agree. Salam,

Also, I think there is a facebook group now, br. Artist Johnson made one. Search for revert support network southeast michigan on facebook.

Edited by Abu Hadi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...