Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Stop Joseph Kony

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

As'Salaamu'alaikum

Okay, so I'm usually not so naive enough to believe we can stop any issue if we band together. It's usually not that easy. However, I urge everyone to participate in this the following initiative. Be a part of something that could really change the world. It is an effort to find and arrest joseph Kony in 2012.

Firstly, who is Joseph Kony:

Joseph Kony is a warlord in Africa who uses children as soldiers in his army. He abducts children from their homes. Forces them to kill their own parents. Then, he gives the boys a gun and uses them to kill people in the most gruesome ways possible, including mutilation. He makes the girls into sex slaves, and sells them.

Jason Russell, film maker, became involved with the project a decade ago when he promised one of the children victimized by Kony that he'll do everything he can to rid the world of this monster.

That is where you come in.

The first step is to go to the following link, and watch the short video at the bottom of the page.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kony2012/kony-4.html

Second step is to tell everyone you know about it. Post it on Facebook, twitter, etc.

Seriously guys, I never get involved into something so mob oriented. However, this is important and Allah will, InshAllah, reward everyone who does something to support this effort.

• Advanced Member

sounds like a bollywood movie

It's nothign like a bollywood movie, becuase real kids are really dying, being raped, being forced to kill, and so many other things we can't even imagine. They're being forced to kill their own parents.

The point of this campaign is to make this monster world famous. More than any celebrity. That way, when enough people care, their governments wil also be forced to care. And when they are forced to care, they'll do something about it.

• Advanced Member

Talk about coincidence, I just watched the youtube video regarding this 5 minutes ago.

Gotta give credit to the effective campaign, I was aware of warlords but was unaware of the details until 20 minutes ago because it's spammed everywhere.

The world has neglected Africa for decades, it's a shame. Shias obsessed with Palestine, US obsessed with Middle East, Israel obsessed with Iran, etc., you hardly hear anything about Africa.

Humanity is a failure.

Edited by Ugly Jinn

Salam

Yeah Enlightened X .. Or perhaps an even bigger conspiracy than that .. When I saw flashes of the upside-down pyramid as their logo I immediately felt it's the the same people represented by the upright pyramid ... kind of like controlling the dictatorship and the resistance at the same time .. Allahu Aalam

• Advanced Member

Salam .

I'm not into politics , but i think that this is an excuse for the US to get involved once again ...and take over Africa as a reason to save the kids.

After all , where do we find the most powerful resource after oil (gold) ? .. isn't Africa ?

Totally agree with you. TBF, the cause is a good one, but once you know that the US millitary is getting involved, theres gotta be something in it for them, in this case, colonising the country.

Salam

Yeah Enlightened X .. Or perhaps an even bigger conspiracy than that .. When I saw flashes of the upside-down pyramid as their logo I immediately felt it's the the same people represented by the upright pyramid ... kind of like controlling the dictatorship and the resistance at the same time .. Allahu Aalam

In my perspective, the upside down triangle was a sign of a good thing, as money is on the top and majority of the world is in the bottom of the triangle, when you turn it upside down, then you make people at the top and money at the bottom. But maybe you might be right.

Salam .

I'm not into politics , but i think that this is an excuse for the US to get involved once again ...and take over Africa as a reason to save the kids.

After all , where do we find the most powerful resource after oil (gold) ? .. isn't Africa ?

hmm i didnt think of it like that....

• Advanced Member

Salam .

Many of you might completely disagree, but better america colonize than what is happening right now. I realize Africa was screwed up by the Western nations, but something needs ot be done. At least it's better than everyone ignoring an entire continent and everyone on it. This is as good of a solution as any, especially since it doesn't involve sweeping Africa under the rug, hiding it's problems from "civilized society." We need more than just a few movie stars going there to get their pictures taken and a few movies made about the conditions there. This is the first time someone is actually doing somehting revolutionary for this forsaken continent

Many of you might completely disagree, but better america colonize than what is happening right now. I realize Africa was screwed up by the Western nations, but something needs ot be done. At least it's better than everyone ignoring an entire continent and everyone on it. This is as good of a solution as any, especially since it doesn't involve sweeping Africa under the rug, hiding it's problems from "civilized society." We need more than just a few movie stars going there to get their pictures taken and a few movies made about the conditions there. This is the first time someone is actually doing somehting revolutionary for this forsaken continent

i hope this isnt another Saddam repeat though. America put Saddam into power, they let him continue torturing innocent people while supplying him with weapons against Iran, and then when it suited them they went in all high and mighty to remove their pawn using the weapons of mas destruction story but really it was the oil.

In this case, Kony continued his criminal activities for 20 years and no one said anything. Now all of a sudden this documentary comes out and Obama sends his troops there using the children as a smokescreen for maybe oil.

If this is legit then i support it 100%, but you cant trust the world elite at all, they always seem to have a hidden agenda

i was trying to say that history repeats itself

They did the same thing with saddam hussain in Iraq. He was bad and everyone agrees..but guess what the US did .. they threatened Iraq and stole our resource .

now they're trying to go on Africa to start up another problem.

• Advanced Member

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/post/18890947431/we-got-trouble

I've.just found this regarding the issue.. your thoughts on this article...?

This article isn't pro-kony but not really in support of this issue by this campaign .. WHY..?

read and share your opinions ..

• Advanced Member

i was trying to say that history repeats itself

They did the same thing with saddam hussain in Iraq. He was bad and everyone agrees..but guess what the US did .. they threatened Iraq and stole our resource .

now they're trying to go on Africa to start up another problem.

Africa is too screwed up for them to honestly think htey can go in and get resources. In order for them to rape the land of the resources, they first have to confront the warlords making problems there, such as Kony. If america goes in, they realize there are many more problems than there are benefits for them. so, thye would have to go in with some level of humanistic goals, not just their own financial. American politicians, while greedy and powerhungry, are not stupid.

http://visiblechildr.../we-got-trouble

I've.just found this regarding the issue.. your thoughts on this article...?

This article isn't pro-kony but not really in support of this issue by this campaign .. WHY..?

read and share your opinions ..

Again, i won't be making friends by saying this, but sometimes you have to get in bed with teh enemy to do good. There is no way they can just bring some puppies and kittens, maybe some candy and a whole bunch of hope to fix the problem. they have to take drastic measures. The only problem with using their military is that when they are through, they need to take away their power as well and put into place someone who is democratic and good. As far as the money issue, they are not pocketing the money. they are using it to further their project. Part of this is to travel, make movies, advertize, etc. So, I don't necessarily see a probelm with that. Again, you might disagree.

Africa is too screwed up for them to honestly think htey can go in and get resources. In order for them to rape the land of the resources, they first have to confront the warlords making problems there, such as Kony. If america goes in, they realize there are many more problems than there are benefits for them. so, thye would have to go in with some level of humanistic goals, not just their own financial. American politicians, while greedy and powerhungry, are not stupid.

but that didnt stop them from going into Iraq when it had problems, they used what they could to their own advantage and while everyone else was fighting they pillaged the land for its resources. Africa has a lot of oil and diamonds and if they see a way in they will take it. Whos to say they didnt put this guy into power in the first place like they did with Saddam and Bin Laden?

• Advanced Member

but that didnt stop them from going into Iraq when it had problems, they used what they could to their own advantage and while everyone else was fighting they pillaged the land for its resources. Africa has a lot of oil and diamonds and if they see a way in they will take it. Whos to say they didnt put this guy into power in the first place like they did with Saddam and Bin Laden?

honestly, iraq is no where near as screwed up as africa is. not even remotely comparable. and again, at least least it'll be a step up from what is happening in Africa right now. It really can't get much worse there.

honestly, iraq is no where near as screwed up as africa is. not even remotely comparable. and again, at least least it'll be a step up from what is happening in Africa right now. It really can't get much worse there.

it can get worse, but your right there are lots of problems there already. I genuinely hope and pray that this is legit because we need people to stand out against injustice. In regards to the America thing, I guess only time will tell....

Edited by AlHamdulillah110

• Advanced Member

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newvision.co.ug%2Fnews%2F18504-us-denies-interest-in-uganda-oil.html&h=HAQFIBn09AQHxN4VvDzYz6zgIZHkl4L9T7zoBiO2hXwYMFQ

Lots of oil discovered in africa a few months ago, a coincidence?

some people are saying that kony signed a peace treaty years ago and the ICC intervened a few years ago to broker the peace. interesting, that would mean that america is taking advantage of past events and pushing their campaign to get troops into africa.

• Advanced Member

Some people are obsessed with conspiracy theories.

The US doesn't need more oil, it has more than enough. The demand for oil in the US has actually decreased.

US Oil Consumption

2001 = 19,650,000

2003 = 20,030,000

2004 = 20,730,000

2007 = 20,680,000

2009 = 18,690,000

http://www.indexmund....aspx?c=us&v=91

Oil consumption per capita

2003 = 67.68

2004 = 67.06

2005 = 66.44

2006 = 67.11

2007 = 68.84

2008 = 68.07

2009 = 67.32

2010 = 60.25

2011 = 59.67

http://www.indexmund...91000&c=us&l=en

There is no need for US to try to get more oil when the demand is decreasing (lowest in over a decade) and their biggest 2 suppliers are in their backyard (Canada & Mexico).

Let's not divert the attention from the issue at hand in delve into conspiracy theories.

Edit: And even for the sake of argument let's say US has interests in oil, they can have it as long as the rebels in Uganda are extinct and the people are free. Kony isn't the only one, the 2nd most wanted man in the world according to ICC is another Ugandan rebel leader. I would consider this a very good trade considering the fact that the people of Uganda are not benefiting from the oil currently anyways.

Edited by Ugly Jinn

• Advanced Member

Joseph kony is a bad guy and need to b stopped.but via invading a country???

looks like blood of children in iraq,Afghanistan,pakistan,palestine,Bosnia,kashmir is worthless.

Fine, let's say I agree.

But what is the solution. Do you know what's truely sad. A world where we have to choose between the lesser of two evils is a world where Muslims have checked out globally. Sure, we all talk a great game of helping people, and and charity. But, it's all talk becuase no muslim country makes any initiatives either. So, lets say that America is completely currupt and have a sinister alterier motive (not too hard to imagine), what is anyone else doing to solve the problem where we can blame America. Sending a check once a year to a "charity" doens't absolve any of us from our responcibility. I find it difficult to beleive anyone actually thinks it does. But, we swallow this pill because we want to be able to sleep easier at night. There are our Muslim brothers and sisters in Africa. It's obligatory upon us to help each other out. But, we all ignore it, and then start complaining when white people start doign something, even if it is for the wrong reasons. I'm sorry, but these people dont' have the moral responcibility Muslims are born with. So, we are much more to blame than they are.

Edited by Faatima_ki_kaneez

lool

nice try america.

What about Israel 2012?????

K3mgn.jpg

God bless imam Khomeini (qas)

what he said about america.

we need to think again and again.

Joseph kony is a bad guy and need to b stopped.but via invading a country???

looks like blood of children in iraq,Afghanistan,pakistan,palestine,Bosnia,kashmir is worthless.

excellent just excellent u are just true with this graphics.....this is how america robs the world.

• Veteran Member

Fine, let's say I agree.

But what is the solution. Do you know what's truely sad. A world where we have to choose between the lesser of two evils is a world where Muslims have checked out globally. Sure, we all talk a great game of helping people, and and charity. But, it's all talk becuase no muslim country makes any initiatives either. So, lets say that America is completely currupt and have a sinister alterier motive (not too hard to imagine), what is anyone else doing to solve the problem where we can blame America. Sending a check once a year to a "charity" doens't absolve any of us from our responcibility. I find it difficult to beleive anyone actually thinks it does. But, we swallow this pill because we want to be able to sleep easier at night. There are our Muslim brothers and sisters in Africa. It's obligatory upon us to help each other out. But, we all ignore it, and then start complaining when white people start doign something, even if it is for the wrong reasons. I'm sorry, but these people dont' have the moral responcibility Muslims are born with. So, we are much more to blame than they are.

maam,i agree.

but there are big games invo;lved.

we need to see the bigger picture.

they(americans) have totally lost all valid excuses to invade any country.

i m not saying helping them is bad.

ALL I M SAYING IS,DONT INVADE ANY COUNTRY FOR GOD SAKE.

same America who reinstated several dictators is now trying to bring down one.

its kinda ironic that uganda army cant control a single man.

we should stop him by awareness,not the way director is saying.

we all know they will not stop after bringing kony down.They will suck uganda/africa and all its natural resources like a worm.

excellent just excellent u are just true with this graphics.....this is how america robs the world.

Thanks man.

If America says there are seven days in a week,check your calender.

• Advanced Member

maam,i agree.

but there are big games invo;lved.

we need to see the bigger picture.

they(americans) have totally lost all valid excuses to invade any country.

i m not saying helping them is bad.

ALL I M SAYING IS,DONT INVADE ANY COUNTRY FOR GOD SAKE.

okay, I'm not trying to be harsh towards you. what you're saying is right. I'm not pro-America invading everyone either.

But lets, as you say, look at the bigger picture. Who creates missionaries in Africa: Christians. Who takes charge globally: Americans. Who controlls the rest of the world: one guess...AMERICANS.

Why? because we have let them. We're allowing them to invade other countries. We're saying it's okay for them to tell lies about the East, especially Iran. all because we would rather fight among ourselves. Honestly, we should be starting this innitiative. This flm maker should've been Muslim, not white. But, we don't do [Edited Out].

So, let me tell you how this is going to play out. African children die. war rages. Muslims die everyday through torture, rape, starvation----we don't care

America invades. rapes their land. lies about their motives. kills African brothers and sisters.---the muslim world goes into an uproar about how America is evil.

The fact that we've let them get this far makes us evil. so, while we all point the finger at America, lets all also look at the three pointing right back at us.

I'm not being pointed towards you brother AnaAmmar. Just frustrated with people in the Muslim world who always use anti-American reteric as a default stance. Again, i'm not defending America. I'm just saying we need to look at ourselves first

and none of us would be talking about this, or Africa, if it weren't for this film-maker (regardless of his motives)

Edited by Faatima_ki_kaneez

• Veteran Member

Awareness in muslims is always a problem.

if you think filmmaker is white and american,thats why i m criticizing him.i m afraid you r on mistake.he does not matter to me but his movie and motive of his movie does.

the solution he described is not good.

Edited by AnaAmmar1

• Advanced Member

I do not have doubts on the intention of those campaigning for this cause because this is and issue that could change the future of so many children however the involvement of US really puts me off after seeing what they have done in the past by "helping" a country... I just really hope this is truly and purely for justice because it is important..

This could be a start for something real GOOD in the world or the End of many lives in the long term..

Im beginning to think this has to do with the mountain the prophet (saws) spoke about.

what mountain?

okay, I'm not trying to be harsh towards you. what you're saying is right. I'm not pro-America invading everyone either.

But lets, as you say, look at the bigger picture. Who creates missionaries in Africa: Christians. Who takes charge globally: Americans. Who controlls the rest of the world: one guess...AMERICANS.

Why? because we have let them. We're allowing them to invade other countries. We're saying it's okay for them to tell lies about the East, especially Iran. all because we would rather fight among ourselves. Honestly, we should be starting this innitiative. This flm maker should've been Muslim, not white. But, we don't do [Edited Out].

So, let me tell you how this is going to play out. African children die. war rages. Muslims die everyday through torture, rape, starvation----we don't care

America invades. rapes their land. lies about their motives. kills African brothers and sisters.---the muslim world goes into an uproar about how America is evil.

The fact that we've let them get this far makes us evil. so, while we all point the finger at America, lets all also look at the three pointing right back at us.

I'm not being pointed towards you brother AnaAmmar. Just frustrated with people in the Muslim world who always use anti-American reteric as a default stance. Again, i'm not defending America. I'm just saying we need to look at ourselves first

and none of us would be talking about this, or Africa, if it weren't for this film-maker (regardless of his motives)

your completely right, we do need to do something about the situation in the world. America has only allowed to get away with things because they are immensely powerful and ctonrol everything. They've designed technology that keeps us busy and in lala land so we dont look out and see whats doing on in the world, were to pre-occupied with our own fantasies and dreams promoted by Hollywood and the music industry but we need to open our eyes!