Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
3laweyaZainabiya

Dearbornains!

(salam) brothers and sisters,

I noticed that there aren't many dearbornians here on Shiachat which is quite puzzling considering that fact that there is a large Shia muslim population....

So please, if you are from Dearborn, make yourself known! Lol

Thanks!

JazakumAllah Khair

(wasalam)

I've noticed that there arent alot of Connecticusions/Connecticites on SC either... it seems only about half of the visible Communities applay themeselves to shia websites..

Can't help but think that this is stalker material :P
Can't help but think that this is stalker material :P

You came to know that she is one now?! :o

Shhhh! What's wrong with you? You're new to the stalker community aren't you? You NEVER rat a fellow stalker out, got it?! Psh. Young stalkers these days...

Don't get so angry on him! He is new after all. He will learn from Her Stalkerness, sooner rather than later.

You're right, young one. I shall keep my temper in check. They will learn.

Lol

The irony of it all is that there are so many Arabs here, you'd expect the majority of the people on here to be from Dearborn but that's not the case... that should give you an idea as to what kind of Muslims we have here...

You're right, young one. I shall keep my temper in check. They will learn.

Lol

The irony of it all is that there are so many Arabs here, you'd expect the majority of the people on here to be from Dearborn but that's not the case... that should give you an idea as to what kind of Muslims we have here...

Ones that fall apart, like cheap toys made in China.

Ones that fall apart, like cheap toys made in China.

Good analogy... It's actually very sad, you'd think with so many mosques that we'd have a community founded on islam. The youth in this community Know as much about Islam as any other non Muslim knows.

Good analogy... It's actually very sad, you'd think with so many mosques that we'd have a community founded on islam. The youth in this community Know as much about Islam as any other non Muslim knows.

Well, since it is Dearborn, I would say 50% blame on parents, and the other half blame on lifestyle / friends. I, myself was a lost child back in my youth days, which is not as bad as it is now, Allah yihdena jam3an.

You're right, young one. I shall keep my temper in check. They will learn. Lol The irony of it all is that there are so many Arabs here, you'd expect the majority of the people on here to be from Dearborn but that's not the case... that should give you an idea as to what kind of Muslims we have here...

Young one?! I am OLDER than you so get your facts right and respect me as your elder! -_-

Well, I generally find youth brought up in the West to be more religious than those back home. One of the main reasons for this is, of course, the fact that they have to really struggle to keep their religion intact and, therefore, are bound to be more conscious about religious matters than those "back home".

Another reasons for this is that, from what I have observed, the non-Shias in the West are much more likely to engage in debates with them - due to the absence of the "compartmentalisation" and segregation between the various communities in the home countries - which pressurises the Western Shias to learn more about their religion, so that they can answer these questions.

Of course, my view is just based on what I see from the internet and the Western Muslims I meet on the internet so, since I haven't seen the reality on the ground, maybe you are right. There are, also, other things which make me doubt about just how "pious" the Western Muslims are because I usually meet them on religious sites - like this one - and am better at English than any other language which means that the religious people I meet are also predominantly Western. So, maybe, because of that you could be right. :donno:

Nonetheless, those Western Muslims who do stick to their religion, despite the hardships, are really worth commending and really nice people, with souls glowing with the Light of Allah (SWT) 's Ma'arifah! :D

I'm not in dearborn but I'm in detroit there are only shia masjids n dearborn us ppl n detroit need our brothers n sisters.... especially myself. i need shia muslim friends all afro american muslims i meet r sunni.... n how do i find a wife??? I just want to b apart of a shia community n have there been any thoughts on a masjid n detroit???

I only know of two shia masjids n detroit(dearborn) islamic house of wisdom( i love imam elahi) n the one on ford rd but too far for me community to far away sunni masjid everywhere I'm tired of debating with thm

Not from Dearborn but I might visit one day. Seems like a cool place and there is a person I promised to spend a day with that lives there.

If any brothers want to chill maybe this Summer or something, let me know. :D

You act like you're three days away by plane -_-

This is Spar-ShiaChat!

Not Shia'sChillmaybethisSummerChat.

I didn't realize that i had spoken to brother Muhammedwa before. ha.