Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Muntazar Publications

Hope In Allah

Rate this topic

Hope is a psychological state, as is fear. It appears when one is waiting for a pleasurable event to happen; an event which is not certain. The Arabic term raja’ means waiting for something to happen; it is general and includes unpleasant events as well. But, when it is used opposite to khawf it means waiting for a pleasurable event.

The stronger the possibility of the event to occur the stronger the hope becomes and the more one would be encouraged to work for it. One who is waiting for a pleasurable event is energetic and tries to fight against the obstacles which would prevent the event from taking place.

The biggest pleasure that a believer is waiting for is divine satisfaction. When one has faith in Allah and divine forgiveness he will have hope and will try to obtain it. A sinner who fears divine punishment also hopes for divine forgiveness. The heart of a believer calms down when he hears verses such as:

And ask Allah for His grace. Indeed Allah has knowledge of all things.” (4:32) or: “When My servants ask you about Me, [tell them that] I am indeed nearmost. I answer the supplicant’s call when he calls Me.” (2:186)

Imam Sajjad (a) said: “Master, it is not of you that you would order your servants to supplicate and then would refrain from giving them what they supplicated for,” “Since the doors of supplication to Allah are open, I know that you are to answer supplications of those who are hopeful,” “Therefore, the path of one travelling to you is short.”

Full Article: M360youth